MRP / Trib. De Goey hit on Elijah Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly even a surprise, Collingwood are that far up the AFL that it was never going to be over 3. And here I was thinking Kozzie was a lucky man. Jeepers what a load of crap.
Kozzie’s was miles worse than De Goey’s. 3 weeks is a fair suspension but Kozzie should have gotten 5. He had no intention other than to hit Smith in the head with as much force as possible like a torpedo. De Goey’s was a slightly late shepherd which he executed poorly and deserves his whack for not taking due care. If he wanted to use his full force he would’ve done a lot more damage.

Hardly even a surprise, Collingwood are that far up the AFL that it was never going to be over 3. And here I was thinking Kozzie was a lucky man. Jeepers what a load of crap.
He's not playing your lot so maybe you'll have a faint whiff of not being our bunnies yet again. And Kozi was very very lucky. In fact THAT was bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kozzie’s was miles worse than De Goey’s. 3 weeks is a fair suspension but Kozzie should have gotten 5. He had no intention other than to hit Smith in the head with as much force as possible like a torpedo. De Goey’s was a slightly late shepherd which he executed poorly and deserves his whack for not taking due care. If he wanted to use his full force he would’ve done a lot more damage.
Smith played the game out, he wasn’t knocked unconscious like Hewett. Kozzie I felt at the time was lucky but now that De Goey has ran past the ball and knocked someone out and only got 3… Kozzies 2 must of been spot on.

AFL are up us mate.

Made shit Sunday games prime time, breaking attendance records weekly.

They owe us.

So they asked the tribunal to take into account the “outside noise” which has only been fairly rational discussions about the hit, and again tried to blame Hewett for his momentum when De Goey had more than enough time to make a decision.. and were successful.

The AFL is an absolute farce. Ask yourself what the ban would have been of it was Hewett (an unknown player) on a star of the game like De Goey. Would have been made an example of and given 4-5. The inconsistency is unbelievable

so how did it happen? can anyone explain? if we just tear up precedents because they didn't make sense where the hell does that leave us?
I love how footy fans try to apply legal procedure to the AFL tribunal. Precedence, unfair trial due to a player making a comment etc. I thought most by now would have realised the AFL tribunal system bares absolutely no resemblance to a court of law.

3 weeks is a joke when Broad got 4 for a bad tackle. Degoey should have gotten 5-6 as should Stewart last year.

Agreed.

If you bump hit head 3-4.
Bump and leave the ground with an upward motion, increasing your chance of hitting high should be 5-6.

Leaving the ground in a bump needs to be trained out of players.

Leaving the ground increase the force of the hit, reduces the control of the bump and increases the chance of hitting high.

You want to keep the bump, make sure players don’t leap into the other player, keeping their feet lowers the bump reducing the height of the hit. Still chance of high contact, but safer.

So they asked the tribunal to take into account the “outside noise” which has only been fairly rational discussions about the hit, and again tried to blame Hewett for his momentum when De Goey had more than enough time to make a decision.. and were successful.

The AFL is an absolute farce. Ask yourself what the ban would have been of it was Hewett (an unknown player) on a star of the game like De Goey. Would have been made an example of and given 4-5. The inconsistency is unbelievable

Sheed asking for a month or two is not "fairly rational."

5-6 weeks?

Using prior tribunal decisions and referencing the AFLs tribunal guidelines, can you please explain to the audience how you came to the 5-6 weeks penalty?
Prior season tribunal penalties mean nothing this year given how (apparently) worried they are about litigation. Guys have been given 1-2 weeks for reasonable tackles in play. This was very late, JDG left the ground and knocked someone out. It’s 4 minimum with potential for 5 based on the penalties that have been handed out this year

MRP / Trib. De Goey hit on Elijah Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back