Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how that rates relative to other clubs?

I'd imagine it would be fairly similar in the scheme of things...?

Geelong has had 7 top 30 picks over the last 5 years. Almost half the rate of us, but they managed to ace the 09/10 and 11 drafts in the the 30's and 40's.

Geelong has 24 players still listed from the 29 senior list changes made over the last five years.

West Coast have 24 players still listed from the 34 senior list changes made over the same period.

Now the reason why we've made more list changes is obvious Geelong has a lot of mature talent from the period before while we moved on a lot of players after 2007. The reality is that you can't build a premiership side in just a few drafts, you can do well and pick up 6-8 players of genuine quality but perhaps no better.

If we had less picks, of lower quality you'd say we did ok. But we have a lower strike rate with better picks and of those listed players you have to consider we've got McGinnity, Hams, Dick, Dalziell, Hutchings, Morton all on the list, complementing other know prime movers such as Priddis, Rosa, Embley, A.Selwood.

I'd throw big money at Dustin Martin, hes only 21 and has the attributes we are looking for. Rather him than Conca. If we don't have big cap space in the next two years with a few retirements, we never will.

I'd throw big money at Dustin Martin, hes only 21 and has the attributes we are looking for. Rather him than Conca. If we don't have big cap space in the next two years with a few retirements, we never will.

If we recruited him that would be a massive move and a perfect fit. I hope we are trying this. We need to be more aggressive when targeting players traded in, we should look beyond WA natives.

If we recruited him that would be a massive move and a perfect fit. I hope we are trying this. We need to be more aggressive when targeting players traded in, we should look beyond WA natives.

At the expense of our first pick? Cause that's what it will take. I'd rather go the draft route.

No objections to trying but no way Richmond let him go. Not only is he super-talented but he's an AFL wide fan favorite. Conca might be less appealing but he's far more gettable because of guys like Martin taking up big chunks of the salary cap.

I wonder if we might be able to trade up our draft picks by including Brown and Smith...

I have us finishing 9th (lovely), which means we end up with pick 9 and 26 (Adelaide below us and not counting for AFL tampering of draft order).

Would Brown + 9 be enough to get us 4 from the Dogs?
Would Smith + 26 perhaps net us Conca from Richmond or a pick in the 13 - 20 range?

I wonder if we might be able to trade up our draft picks by including Brown and Smith...

I have us finishing 9th (lovely), which means we end up with pick 9 and 26 (Adelaide below us and not counting for AFL tampering of draft order).

Would Brown + 9 be enough to get us 4 from the Dogs?
Would Smith + 26 perhaps net us Conca from Richmond or a pick in the 13 - 20 range?
I would like smith and 26 for yarran ! But brown and 9 for 4 no deal way over ! I think with NN being put on ice we may win 2 games max for the rest of the season . Gold Coast will finish higher than us this year , they could win 4 more games ! And Brisbane has a soft draw to come and will finish higher too so I think we will have pick 6.

At the expense of our first pick? Cause that's what it will take. I'd rather go the draft route.

I'd much rather give our first pick for Dusty over someone like Yarran, Conca or Jetta. In fact I'd take it and run, but Richmond would never accept unless he wanted out.
Quick, strong, can win contested ball and use it to devastating effect. Admittedly not the most consistent player, but his attributes and youth would make him perfect for us.

I'd much rather give our first pick for Dusty over someone like Yarran, Conca or Jetta. In fact I'd take it and run, but Richmond would never accept unless he wanted out.
Quick, strong, can win contested ball and use it to devastating effect. Admittedly not the most consistent player, but his attributes and youth would make him perfect for us.
Honestly, our first pick wouldn't do it.

The first pick might, which GWS have and we don't.

Honestly, our first pick wouldn't do it.

The first pick might, which GWS have and we don't.

I agree. The only way we could get him for that or thereabouts would be if he pulled a Judd and named us as the club he wants to go to (his contract is expiring I believe), but with no allegiances to the Eagles or WA and with other clubs able to offer him more money, there's no chance.

I'd almost feel bad for the Tigers if Dusty left, they've done everything they can to keep him on the straight and narrow as well as keeping the media out of his face and off his back. Compared to the maturity of some other players his age though he's still a child.

That said, would be an amazing sight in an Eagles jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This name wont mean much to anyone here at the moment, but in three years, i hope it does.

He's a 15 year old indigenous teen who lives and plays football in my town, Geraldton (home of the GNFL, which has given birth to Paddy Ryder and Josh Kennedy previously).

He played in my brothers U/16s football team last year, i watched him kick 14 goals from the midfield in an amazing display.

Bit of a Pavlich type (dont quote me on that, just what some people who watch him a bit more than me have said), forward who can swing through midfield and defence and dominate equally.

This weekend he made his league debut; kicked 6 goals against a fully grown defender.

Bookmark this thread because i think he's going to be a very good player. WC should look to hide him from the Vics and rookie list him :thumbsu:

The first thing that comes to mind is how WA should really have 3 teams, GWS was a joke. Look at all the fantastic players we produce i HATE seeing them go to a VIC team.

I'd almost feel bad for the Tigers if Dusty left, they've done everything they can to keep him on the straight and narrow as well as keeping the media out of his face and off his back. Compared to the maturity of some other players his age though he's still a child.

That said, would be an amazing sight in an Eagles jumper.

I wouldn't, they're basically doing the same to GWS by 'luring' Taylor Adams. It's actually a real shame this mickey mouse league lets that sort of thing go on during the season, rather than letting the players play.

I wouldn't, they're basically doing the same to GWS by 'luring' Taylor Adams. It's actually a real shame this mickey mouse league lets that sort of thing go on during the season, rather than letting the players play.

The fact that they might be chasing Adams is maybe a sign they think Reece is leaving the Tigers?

The fact that they might be chasing Adams is maybe a sign they think Reece is leaving the Tigers?

Mostly because he is a talented midfield first round draft pick from Victoria who has yet to re-sign is likely why they are interested. More so than thinking Reece might leave.

didn't he also state he was home sick in the past? Seems like a natural move for richmond.

still... brown to gws, adams to richmond and conca to west coast. get it done :p

GWS are badly in need of experienced players Hams, Priddis, Smith, Brown these sorts of players would be tradeable. Would like a young kid or two from them.

GWS are badly in need of experienced players Hams, Priddis, Smith, Brown these sorts of players would be tradeable. Would like a young kid or two from them.

I think of those Brown would be the only one they would be interested in. They'll have so many mids that they will have to play some of hb so Smith isn't really something they'd want. Toby Green is a youger, better Priddis, while Hams doesn't really have much of a place in the AFL anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back