Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you prefer????

Garlett from Swan Districts (Prob 2nd Round pick at best)
or
Yarran from Carlton (Contracted till the End of next year, so they probably expect our first round pick)

Gartlett. Better mark, better natural runner, better by hand and in close and more football nous.

Good result given our lack of KPD depth. Was worried we'd have to have to divide our focus on this draft between Mids and KPDs.

Mind you I would still hope we recruit one somewhere along the line.

What would we offer for Yarran other than our first rounder? Would love Yarran in our team HF, HB or through the midfield - we need his flair, pace and skills.

We need Garlett as well.

If we can get Yarran without giving up our first rounder, draft a mid with our first pick and pick up Garlett later in the draft we'll rectify a lot of our pace/midfield issues.

FB: Wilson Emac Waters
HB: Hurn Brown Schofield
C: Gaff Shuey Sheppard
HF: Yarran Darling Wellingham
FF: Hill Kennedy Lecras
RR: Naitanui Masten Selwood

I: Garlett Cox Priddis S: Kerr

Not a bad team..

Yeah, a relative spud who struggles to lock down and doesn't rebound much has locked up a list spot for 3 years!!

I mean this is like extending Matt Spangher. To the extent it denies us an obvious trade asset it might be worse. Once he's signed can we drop him so we finally get some tall/small balance in our back half again?

Bit rough. I think Brown's better than that personally and certainly more capable than Spangher.

He wasn't going to be much of a trade asset with his contract expiring, and in turn we would have had to trade assets of similar value to find a player to replace him (although saying that I think we should be, and should always have been developing McInnes at CHB). Bit of a non-event really.

Yeah, a relative spud who struggles to lock down and doesn't rebound much has locked up a list spot for 3 years!!

I mean this is like extending Matt Spangher. To the extent it denies us an obvious trade asset it might be worse. Once he's signed can we drop him so we finally get some tall/small balance in our back half again?

If Glass retires this year who is our second KPD? Cause Schoey isn't a KPD's arseh*le.

If Glass retires this year who is our second KPD? Cause Schoey isn't a KPD's arseh*le.

Which makes the decision to overlook Carlisle and instead take Weedon & Stevens even more unforgivable...

That said, I'd rather wing it Hunter style with an undersized or makeshift solution rather than give 3 years to a bloke who just got pantsed by Jessie White.

Browns in his 7th year and he's ordinary. Signing him for 3 years cos we are scared just compounds past errors

What would we offer for Yarran other than our first rounder? Would love Yarran in our team HF, HB or through the midfield - we need his flair, pace and skills.

Not a bad team..

You think Wilson will be getting games?

Put Gartlett on the half forward, piss Yarran off for someone that can read the play and win possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you prefer????

Garlett from Swan Districts (Prob 2nd Round pick at best)
or
Yarran from Carlton (Contracted till the End of next year, so they probably expect our first round pick)

Garlett for contested marks and goals this kid will set the AFL alight ,if you think elliot at magpies is good well wait and see Garlett ..

Which makes the decision to overlook Carlisle and instead take Weedon & Stevens even more unforgivable...

That said, I'd rather wing it Hunter style with an undersized or makeshift solution rather than give 3 years to a bloke who just got pantsed by Jessie White.

Browns in his 7th year and he's ordinary. Signing him for 3 years cos we are scared just compounds past errors
Seriously, I think you need to get over this. A lot of other teams did too. It's easy for you to say this now. What if the punt came off and weadon became a superstar. would you still be saying we should have took black. Carlisle was no better a prospect than Tony notte as a tall and you still go on about taking him, you can't look into the future 3 years when looking at these kids. You win some, lose some. Same at every club. Imagine if you were a Melbourne supporter

Brown goes alright, I cant recall him ever having a standout game though. He's a 75% player. Not bad to have him around for Glass's retirement but would have preferred to trade for a player with more potential. Hopefully Adam Selwood gets signed up for 3 years next.

A good signing by the club. No matter what west coast big footy fans say. He has been very serviceable and doing a good job. He's not Darren glass' replacement. He has already replaced him. Glass' role will probably be filled by someone like Wilson.

Seriously, I think you need to get over this. A lot of other teams did too. It's easy for you to say this now. What if the punt came off and weadon became a superstar. would you still be saying we should have took black. Carlisle was no better a prospect than Tony notte as a tall and you still go on about taking him, you can't look into the future 3 years when looking at these kids. You win some, lose some. Same at every club. Imagine if you were a Melbourne supporter

Is this serious?????

That's EXACTLY what recruiters are paid to do I.e look into the future... that IS their only job.

The teams with the best most talented lists tend to be the ones who do it best.

Regardless, thanks for ignore the main aspect of the post..

It really gets hard to stay engaged on here with the sheer volume of moronic drivel.. Any chance of raising the standard of poster mods or are we staying with the "all opinions are valid" "he tries hard" nonsense?

Over & out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back