Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crap the AFL dishes up year in and year out of having only one AFL game in WA on any weekend has to stop. Its utter shit and insulting to think every second week we have to travel, maybe one year the Melbourne teams can do the same eh ? We should just start sending a B team to the East Coast every time we travel and see how they respond to that ? Or even better keep a list of 22 young blokes over in Melbourne and let them play when we travel and perhaps send a few of our guns over in big matches :).

Wouldn't take the AFL long to realize we're pissed at how we get disadvantaged.

Clarke 2 Fyfe I think it was Port's fitness bloke who said that Fremantle and the Eagles can't actually put in any work into the players through the season as we need to be 100% focused on recovery each week due to our travel so for us it's pre-season or bust basically.

If it was Darren Burgess from Port Adelaide, then everyone needs to stop and listen. That bloke is a god when it comes to sports conditioning and fitness.

Time for a private jet!

This crap the AFL dishes up year in and year out of having only one AFL game in WA on any weekend has to stop. Its utter shit and insulting to think every second week we have to travel, maybe one year the Melbourne teams can do the same eh ? We should just start sending a B team to the East Coast every time we travel and see how they respond to that ? Or even better keep a list of 22 young blokes over in Melbourne and let them play when we travel and perhaps send a few of our guns over in big matches :).

Wouldn't take the AFL long to realize we're pissed at how we get disadvantaged.

Only real solutions are more byes, less games or another team in Perth. I would be happy to scrap the preseason or reduce it to one game while adding more byes and split rounds.

There's no reason why Virgin couldn't have naming rights on it and operate it on our behalf.
I'm all for it, but I'd venture that the last thing VA want is the image that their service isn't good enough for professional athletes (even though it probably isn't for the WA clubs requirements)

Problem is the vics always just say "you joined our competition so tough shit" which in a way is true, for the first 3 years. When they decided to name it the AFL it became a national comp, teams should all be treated the same. They want expansion, they want the afl to dominate Australian sport, yet it is still run as a Victorian league with interstate sides joining in. All the major benefits go to the vic clubs and this won't ever change unless some of them fold.

I would argue majority of the flags won by Victorian sides over the last 20 years would not have happened had they travelled every second week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• rattle the tine at corporate WA for our own shared aeroplane. Woodside / BHP / FMG / Rio Tinto or the like could have naming rights, logo's on the plane etc
This is a great idea. I was shocked to learn that the players not only fly standard Virgin flights, but in cattle class. That's traumatic for anyone, let alone a 190cm+ professional athlete carrying niggles.

McCartney sacked by the Doggies. Kennel not going so well.

Expect Griffen to change his mid and stay now. Wouldn't be surprised if Cooney also does the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back