Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the Jack watts comparisons are worth much Lamb projects as lazy but his testing proves otherwise and with the right developing he could be a outstanding player .He has also gone into the middle and had 25+ possessions on occasions and has also played fwd and got a 6 goal haul in the Tac.
Jack Watts tested brilliantly at the combine as well. Apart from Petracca there's no other utility/big mid in the draft who doesn't have a pretty high amount of risk tied to them.

Dodgy foot skills coupled with question marks over attitude and the fact Lamb is from Melbourne makes me think we might have better options with our first.

Given Simpson has mentioned that we (ie the current players) can get bigger and stronger, and that he wants to focus on being harder to move off the ball over the off season, I think we should wait until the next draft before prioritising drafting for size

Jack Watts tested brilliantly at the combine as well. Apart from Petracca there's no other utility/big mid in the draft who doesn't have a pretty high amount of risk tied to them.

Dodgy foot skills coupled with question marks over attitude and the fact Lamb is from Melbourne makes me think we might have better options with our first.

Given Simpson has mentioned that we (ie the current players) can get bigger and stronger, and that he wants to focus on being harder to move off the ball over the off season, I think we should wait until the next draft before prioritising drafting for size
Why don't we just recruit players who want the footy whatever their size.
Skill and desire come first with me.

Why don't we just recruit players who want the footy whatever their size.
Skill and desire come first with me.
Agreed, but the latter must be coupled with the former otherwise we end up with a side full of Paddys

I'll be very disappointed if we don't pick up a gun player next year during trade period. Surely we have plenty of Money to play with with Cox & Glass gone, let alone Kerr, Embley etc over the last couple of years.

Not be a negative nancy, but where to you propose we pull this "gun player" from?

Who is it going to be? And how much are we going to be willing to part with to bring them across the nullabor?

I think you're expecting too much and I get the feeling you're going to be a little disappointed.

if only Tunbridge could play.After another preseason in the gym colledge should be getting pretty solid.Not sure if he can play to the required level either tho.That could mean we have priddis and yeo as stronger midfield types

I think is Jack Trengove one well worth pursuing.
Provided his foot is not absolutely rooted, given the right environment, he'll become a bloody good player.
Trengrove and pick 23 for our Pick 11 sounds good and might even give us a shot at Galah or Cockatoo.
Sorry I meant Garlett or Cockatoo.

if only Tunbridge could play.After another preseason in the gym colledge should be getting pretty solid.Not sure if he can play to the required level either tho.That could mean we have priddis and yeo as stronger midfield types
Just delist Tunbridge and replace him with Panos.

Same age, same skill set but Panos is more developed in the area we want.

Just delist Tunbridge and replace him with Panos.

Same age, same skill set but Panos is more developed in the area we want.
I wouldn't mind keeping Tunbridge on the list for 1 more year just to see if something can "click"`I agree we definitely need to delist a couple of more for sure.
Panos is an interesting one If available I would pick him up with one of our later picks for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow over a journey but has speed to get a little separation and what is similar slow to pendelbury pace he makes up for by having a super boot 60+ metres.

I remember he tested really poorly for speed at the draft camp in his draft year which was part of the reason he was only drafted as a rookie. So he was considered too slow to make it has a KPP, let alone a mid.

Trengrove and pick 23 for our Pick 11 sounds good and might even give us a shot at Galah or Cockatoo.
Sorry I meant Garlett or Cockatoo.
That'd be a damn good trade if we could pull it off.

Trengove is an actual footballer as opposed to an athlete, can play inside and out and has skills.
Also has the potential for a very high ceiling given the improvement left in him.
Exactly the type of player WC need.

I think trengove and 23 is a good deal !
If we could down grade our 3rd+ Sinclair to a
Second we could -
Trengove
23- blakley/cockatoo
31- Nelson / menadue
Sinclair trade- miller
60 - trade for lowden
Waterman

I think trengove and 23 is a good deal !
If we could down grade our 3rd+ Sinclair to a
Second we could -
Trengove
23- blakley/cockatoo
31- Nelson / menadue
Sinclair trade- miller
60 - trade for lowden
Waterman

Yep - This is the sort of thing I'd like us to do.
I actually like Sinclair but he is a better forward (bar inaccurate kick for goal) than ruck.
WB could do far worse than pick him up, it looks as though they'll have a plethora of early picks so getting 25 in an upgrade could be feasible.

I remember he tested really poorly for speed at the draft camp in his draft year which was part of the reason he was only drafted as a rookie. So he was considered too slow to make it has a KPP, let alone a mid.

An earlier article posted said he had spoken and took the advice of his coach to change his game and try to be a midfielder so he went about learning the running patterns and strategy of the midfield.
So he remodelled his game/attitude and had a BOG game as a mid in the SA GF in front of 38 000 + crowd he got 28 disposals and 12 clearance plus a goal against Port Adelaide may be worth a late pick .

Last edited:
Reading in the West the Quokkas are trying to trade in a top 10 pick - offering their first and a player

Urgh, no to Trengove please. We don't need any of Melbourne's failed top draft picks. He's clearly finished if Melbourne are considering trading him for an 11 spot upgrade on 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back