List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think he hasn't made up his mind yet. As previously written, I think it all depends on his Fathers recovery.
He wants to stay but family comes first...Not for mercenary reasons.

That's my read on it but I'm generally pessimistic.

His father's health wasn't a factor earlier on in the season. Can you explain the reluctance to sign then?

There is no point even discussing this anymore. It's a foregone conclusion. WCE should match any rival offer and force a trade. Gaff belting a bloke off the football, should eradicate any talk of WCE bending over in the name of 'prior service'.

His father's health wasn't a factor earlier on in the season. Can you explain the reluctance to sign then?

There is no point even discussing this anymore. It's a foregone conclusion. WCE should match any rival offer and force a trade. Gaff belting a bloke off the football, should eradicate any talk of WCE bending over in the name of 'prior service'.
He may have just wanted to concentrate on the impending final series and not even think about contracts.
I don't think its as forgone as you but I do agree that we must match pretty much any rival offer.

Gaff seems a very logical and intelligent young man. I highly doubt he hasn’t decided one way or another by now.
I heard he was still a bit umm and arrhh about it

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this info but it has come from within the club.

Gaff has entertained multiple offers and the difference between our offer and the one interstate he is considering (word is there are 5 melbourne teams with offers on the table) is only 100k a season.

To put exact quotes "The difference between offers is only 100k a season" and "I'm absolutely certain we'll have it sorted in the next couple of weeks"

He also said Lycett is gone. From a team standpoint i'm not overly fussed if we can find good backup however from a personal standpoint as his sister Jacinta told me he was absolutely staying and this was only about 8 weeks ago.

J Cameron quiet by the looks but 7 tackles

oxUdiD9JTKtcTLeselvh417n06-sGiGspx5_TiZRu4K2MMRje3fJast-CvSCAU_JlOStzt3-m1L7k8V5mDXWbKEP5i-Nr-PfSua-wOX7OTz9=w366-h200-nc

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this info but it has come from within the club.

Gaff has entertained multiple offers and the difference between our offer and the one interstate he is considering (word is there are 5 melbourne teams with offers on the table) is only 100k a season.

To put exact quotes "The difference between offers is only 100k a season" and "I'm absolutely certain we'll have it sorted in the next couple of weeks"

He also said Lycett is gone. From a team standpoint i'm not overly fussed if we can find good backup however from a personal standpoint as his sister Jacinta told me he was absolutely staying and this was only about 8 weeks ago.
TBF 8 weeks ago he did that podcast and it sounded like that he was staying. Then few weeks later he started to get massive offers.

I'd say it's closer to 300k but nonetheless as previously mentioned he knows what he is doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the WAFL is on free to air today for those who want to get a look at Pickett
Also interested to see Luke Meadows from West Perth. Been talked about as a potential mature age pick up. Must admit I don’t know much about him other than he’s an inside mid.

EDIT - not necessarily as a pick up for WCE, just an AFL club in general.

Also interested to see Luke Meadows from West Perth. Been talked about as a potential mature age pick up. Must admit I don’t know much about him other than he’s an inside mid

Also keep an eye on # 34 for South Matthew Parker.

Didn't see Pickett for a while at the end of that quarter, hopefully not injured? Knott very lively up front for WP

Edit: never mind he just laid a huge tackle

Fremantle have only a few picks this draft are keen on FA Reece Conca , Eagles and Fremantle in a trade off over Kelly and Rory Lobb .

I read this but don't totally believe suppose it's a chance though .

Have said somewhere else - Freo will be an interesting this trade period.

List is in a questionnable (at best) state, they need an injection of quality players but currently only have picks 5 (? - approx) with their second pick at mid 70's.

Tells me they will need to hit FA hard. Also tells me they will let Neale go so they can get earlier draft picks than mid 70's. Not sure what cattle they have, apart from Neale, that are worthy anything as a commodity.

I dont think marlion pickett is worth a pick in the first 2 rounds .

At 27 next year he may only have a couple of years to play .

In a draft that will be very even from 20 - 45 we need to keep adding young talent to our list .

Would be nice to get acres as he fits the age bracket now and our next generation coming through post - kenedy natanui hurn lecras schoey jetta

I dont think marlion pickett is worth a pick in the first 2 rounds .

At 27 next year he may only have a couple of years to play .

In a draft that will be very even from 20 - 45 we need to keep adding young talent to our list .

Would be nice to get acres as he fits the age bracket now and our next generation coming through post - kenedy natanui hurn lecras schoey jetta

Don't get the Acres love.
Certainly not for the draft currency that St Blunders would want for a player still under contract.

Acres is a player who has flashed ability ,but lacked both durability and consistency, all the way along his journey from Colts to now.
He is an injury prone player and as such , I would rather take another Ainsworth type ,than a player who struggles to be fit enough to complete an entire season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back