Demons eye Jack Viney

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news for all Melbourne fans. Get a team of the century member/club legend back at the club to assist Jimmy with the club rebuild and practically lock away the talented young Jack Viney too.

Only way this can fail is if Todd has a massive falling out with the club over the next two years or Todd & Jack have a massive fall out with one another & suddenly are no longer on speaking terms come draft time in 2012. Both would be huge long shots in my opinion.

I'm sure all Melbourne supporters will join me in welcoming the Viney family back home!

Great news for all Melbourne fans. Get a team of the century member/club legend back at the club to assist Jimmy with the club rebuild and practically lock away the talented young Jack Viney too.

Only way this can fail is if Todd has a massive falling out with the club over the next two years or Todd & Jack have a massive fall out with one another & suddenly are no longer on speaking terms come draft time in 2012. Both would be huge long shots in my opinion.

I'm sure all Melbourne supporters will join me in welcoming the Viney family back home!
Or maybe Jack won't want to play under his fathers large shadow....

He is apparently a Hawks supporter..... We would welcome him with open arms!! .... If only....:p

I am disappointed that we didnt get Shane Woewodin as well, I wonder if Wellman had resigned earlier we would have gone after Shane.

I think it would have been a great thing for Melbourne.. the more past players coming back the better for the whole culture of the place. (thou they must have proved themselves in the coaching area) Which both have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shane might want to do more at other clubs before coming back

Remember he played 2 seasons at collingwood then when he did the trip around the oval his kids wore dees jumpers. He is dees through and through.

Would have been cool to get jeffy as well but it might be hard to grasp him from GC going by his tweets.

Does anyone know about a replacement for Wellman? I thought we would have already finalised it by now. Great to see Viney back where he belongs, having Viney and West as coaches will be invaluable to our young players particulaly our midfielders. They wouldn't want to shirk a contest with West and Viney watching.

i doubt we will get someone before we get back from china. I am honestly surprised that Viney was announced before we got back as he either should have gone or they should have announced him when he started perhaps?

if he plays for casey next year we know where he will play for in 2012, also if he plays for casey he would be vic country wouldnt he?

Im sure I read he'll be playing for AIS, school footy and maybe some TAC Cup? If that's the case he'll be playing for Metro. Id be very supised If he played for Casey

iI am honestly surprised that Viney was announced before we got back as he either should have gone or they should have announced him when he started perhaps?

Perhaps no. The appointment wasn't made in time for China.

He's starting early November, which enables him to make the transition from SA; and for obvious reasons the announcement would have been leaked well before then.

shane might want to do more at other clubs before coming back

Remember he played 2 seasons at collingwood then when he did the trip around the oval his kids wore dees jumpers. He is dees through and through.

Would have been cool to get jeffy as well but it might be hard to grasp him from GC going by his tweets.

Who are you refferring too Deefolt?

jeff white, couldnt be bothered writing jeff white haha, what i have noticed though with a brownlow medallist winning ruckmen is a president of a club with a ex-player (who hasnt played a lot of games) as ruck coach.

John Meesen must be showing something

While I wanted Viney or Woewodin on the panel, I think one of the two is enough. I'd imagine the more idea of how different clubs/coaches operate, the better. In that sense Viney is the better appointment of the two. Who knows maybe Shane will be back at the Dee's in a few years??

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons eye Jack Viney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back