Demons to provide Geelong with the 1st round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Never seen this Moloney kid before, hearing good things about him though. Still, Pick 12 is a lot and I would prefer another player or a second or third rounder thrown in if it's the case.

markc said:
hope thats because melbourne want more

Trust me, we won't get anything more than Moloney.

But I wouldn't be complaining - he goes alright.

Doubt Geelong would give up Chapman or Stevie Johnson.

The Shev said:
Never seen this Moloney kid before, hearing good things about him though. Still, Pick 12 is a lot and I would prefer another player or a second or third rounder thrown in if it's the case.

Well he reminds me of Guy Rigoni at his peak with some more polish and aggression.

Would slot in very nicely to our vacant position in the centre.

The Shev said:

He's one of, if not the best kick on our list. Long and direct is the go, although he does get a little predictable at times. He's pretty quick and runs the lines well and loves to have a bounce.

He is well built and doesn't mind the hard stuff.

He does have a tendency to go missing in games though and can lose the plot easily if targetted, as he was in the Qualifying Final against Port.

He'll be a good addition to your midfield should you get him.

Catman said:
He's one of, if not the best kick on our list. Long and direct is the go, although he does get a little predictable at times. He's pretty quick and runs the lines well and loves to have a bounce.
Yep - has a very similar kicking style to Mark Ricciuto.

I hope we get him. He is the equal of Scott Thompson now, and should still improve from here.

dees_best said:

Still we should have a shot at getting chapman first.
(Geelong will be getting very nervous as the clock starts to count down)

You never know

Good to hear. Always good to get some fresh young talent on to the list. Like all trades, it could be a wonder or it could be a stuff up. Deal hasn't been done yet though.

I would be very happy with moloney,
We need a ready made young medfeilder to take thommos spot

Would pretty much mean out list remained pretty strong

The Shev said:
So a Thompson replacement essentially? Both trade wise and position wise.

Yeah pretty much.

Thommo and Moloney both have their own strengths and weaknesses but I love how both go about their football.

could be a win/win here for dees / cats...

moloney is definitely NOT worth pick 12 though...maybe we can jsut ask for 15 instead and offer 15/16/32 or Ottens???
I like moloney, but he is one player I would accept losing especially for that deal!!!!
Also, I really like Melbourne, and he would fit in well there...you never know, with the right developement, he has the (buzz word of trade week coming up...) ...potential!!...to be a very good player for Melbourne, he would get more of a chance there as well.

Can't see it happening, but i'd like to see it happen, both for Geelong & Melbourne...

Moloney for pick 12 would be a steal, he has only played about 25 games and only his second season. He's already a regular in Geelong's impressive midfield,and will only improve. I'd hate to lose him for pick 12, we need to retain pace. Enright for pick 12 I could handle, he is very underated by many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WestCat said:
Moloney for pick 12 would be a steal, he has only played about 25 games and only his second season. He's already a regular in Geelong's impressive midfield,and will only improve. I'd hate to lose him for pick 12, we need to retain pace. Enright for pick 12 I could handle, he is very underated by many.

We couldn't handle Enright for pick12.

Not the type of player we need.

Got stacks of HBFs.

We'll take Moloney. Chapman or SJo or else you can kiss pick12 goodbye.

:)

Sound like Geelong and Melbourne have agreed to a deal if Channel 10 is anything to go by.

Just need Richmond to take 12 and 16 for Ottens, and the trade is complete.

I reckon it's pretty fair for all 3 clubs.

patdman said:
could be a win/win here for dees / cats...

moloney is definitely NOT worth pick 12 though...maybe we can jsut ask for 15 instead and offer 15/16/32 or Ottens???
I like moloney, but he is one player I would accept losing especially for that deal!!!!
Also, I really like Melbourne, and he would fit in well there...you never know, with the right developement, he has the (buzz word of trade week coming up...) ...potential!!...to be a very good player for Melbourne, he would get more of a chance there as well.

Can't see it happening, but i'd like to see it happen, both for Geelong & Melbourne...

Well said. :)

lamby29 said:
Sound like Geelong and Melbourne have agreed to a deal if Channel 10 is anything to go by.

deal on what ??
pick 12 for ??

lamby29 said:

It would get all 3 clubs something which would improve their list.

If this goes ahead all we will need is a fullback which I doubt we will get in trade period.

Heres hoping Molan comes on over the pre season or that Fergy bulks up.

dees_best said:

You'd have no hope of getting Johnson for 12, the guy just does some amazing things and is worth much more. Moloney wouldn't be far off the mark, he'd be good another 150 games with the sort of aggresive grunt you sometimes need to get back into matches. Small question mark over attitude though. Chapman? I honestly don't think he is worth pick 12. One of my favourite footballers, because he plays with absolute passion and dedication and is the staunchest of clubmen. However I get the feeling that he is now as good as he is ever going to get and that he might start falling behind some of the others.

dees best, I'm pretty sure Molan has been delisted. What a waste of a high pick. So Ferg is our biggest hope. I don't have too bigger problem with Nico tho (although his game in the elim final was one of the worst I've ever seen by a player)

godees said:
dees best, I'm pretty sure Molan has been delisted. What a waste of a high pick. So Ferg is our biggest hope. I don't have too bigger problem with Nico tho (although his game in the elim final was one of the worst I've ever seen by a player)

Where did you hear Molan was delisted?

If this is true then that is a shocking decision when Chris Lamb and Luke Williams are still Demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons to provide Geelong with the 1st round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back