Roast Dermott Brereton: "Wayne Carey is a better analyst than Daisy Pearce"

Remove this Banner Ad

Cos its supposed to be about insight and entertainment. not moral standing.

now im not saying thats what it is about down at chanel 7. But its what it should be about. Those two things. Thats what makes watching the thing more entertaining.
Morals unfortunately get involved when sports people you see every weekend glass their mrs across the face.

When do male commentators rip into one another?
Are you kidding? Damien Barret and Robbo hate each other's guts and take constant pot shots.

Tim Lane ripped into Eddie when he was commentating and demanded he step away from his role because of a conflict of interest.

Rex Hunt used to call the 3LO commentary team The Tobin Brothers because their calls were so dour and boring.

Plenty of people in the media used to attack Rex relentlessly over his style of commentary.

Caroline Wilson has made a living out of criticizing and belittling male media figures, male football presidents and male footballers . Is she ever accused of being a sexist man hater?

There are many more examples but that's just off the top of my head

Are you kidding? Damien Barret and Robbo hate each other's guts and take constant pot shots.

Tim Lane ripped into Eddie when he was commentating and demanded he step away from his role because of a conflict of interest.

Rex Hunt used to call the 3LO commentary team The Tobin Brothers because their calls were so dour and boring.

There are many more examples but that's just off the top of my head
Barrett and Robbo are bottom feeding scum pandering to deadbeats that watch footy shows every night and consume footy news non stop. They just compete for clickbait. They don’t have real jobs.

Everyone has an issue with Eddie, he couldn’t be more transparent in his bias.

Tobin Brothers is hardly insulting.

Sounds like the OP's rage (and it is rage) is not about who is a better analyst and more about how what Hunt said rather than Derms assessment of the two.

Maybe this should be on the SRP board with a title about the Neanderthal comments of Hunt, and Derm being a misogynist coz he said Carey is a better analyst than Pearce.

FWIW, I rate Pearce's analytical skills because she simplifies the game for the layman types. While Carey does see the game he is more suited to those that know the game more in detail given in his commentary, does come out with howlers at times though. Pearce's knowledge I'd argue is just as good though.

Just come out and say it killtaker1993 and put this thread on the correct board (srp), with the correct title - don't hide your rage.
So killtaker1993 are you gonna put this thread in it's right place and admit you're enraged about Hunts comments? This is a very political discussion now and it's obvious it was your intent.

Own up mate.

Barrett and Robbo are bottom feeding scum pandering to deadbeats that watch footy shows every night and consume footy news non stop. They just compete for clickbait. They don’t have real jobs.

Caroline Wilson isn't bottom feeding scum?

Oh, and watch for the outraged cries of sexism if a male media personality labelled a female commentator dull and boring or call a female 'easy on the eye' as many females in the media do when referencing men without any fear of a backlash or demand for an apology for their outrageous objectification of a male.

Last edited:
Diverse characters didn't ruin your shitty space movie, it was garbage story-telling.
I don't think you understand.

The writers Disney hired put more emphasis on diversity than actual story-telling and world-building. This leads to them pushing social issues rather than actually telling a good story. And it shows.

Tobin brothers hardly insulting but when Rex is critical of daisy's shit commentary it's offensive? Not saying you think it's offensive but putting it into perspective for the ones that do.

People love being offended

Caroline Wilson isn't bottom feeding scum?

Oh, and watch for the outraged cries of sexism if a male media personality labelled a female commentator dull and boring or call a female 'easy on the eye' as many females in the media do when referencing men without any fear of a backlash or demand for an apology for their outrageous objectification of a male.
She’s not great. Her reaction to the Bevo spray to Morris was pathetic. She’s a bit nasty at times.

I just don’t like any media types, full stop. Journalists that is. Particularly in AFL. It’s flooded with them, so they’re like seagulls on a bit of starch scrapping for a trace.

Calling the game is different, at least it’s in the moment and what we are there for. I just found Rex’s comments incredibly grating and unnecessary. The language he used etc. I think the fact Carey is a repeat offender of serious issues should exclude him from our screens. His had a few bites at the Cherry and didn’t get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These arguments are so disingenuous. As Jordan Peterson has pointed out on numerous occasions. In the Scandinavian countries which are regarded as the most gender conscious with the strictest laws on gender equity countless studies have found that the more choice men and women are given, the bigger the gap becomes in who chooses engineering and many other male dominated fields. In these countries women choose nursing, teaching and other female dominated occupations in even bigger numbers than they do here it in other western nations.

Where does that leave the notion that females are being prevented from pursuing jobs previously considered to be the domain of men? When they have real choice they are even more likely to gravitate to the traditional female occupations

It's not a bad thing that women and men in general have a preference for different types of work. Men tend to want to work with things whereas women tend to work with people orientated jobs.

There are exceptions. I was a primary school teacher and some women are engineers. Great.

Society can try to manipulate people as much as they like but human nature always prevails.
Jordan Peterson is an absolute liability

The writers Disney hired put more emphasis on diversity than actual story-telling and world-building. This leads to them pushing social issues rather than actually telling a good story. And it shows.
What shows is they began the trilogy before they had a story arc planned… and the last film isn’t better than the first because they retconned the asian and turned the black guy into comic relief. They’re just shit movies.

Last edited:

What, so you’re suggesting that if they wrote characters as majority white men, they would have written a better story? That seems an extremely long bow.

Especially given that the diversity etc is not a plot point. It doesn’t get in the way of the story.

Morals unfortunately get involved when sports people you see every weekend glass their mrs across the face.
Why?

there are courts to deal with those issues. we live under rule of law. Not mob rule. Anyone who does that should face criminal prosecution. Once they have done their time as seen fit by the courts then they shouod be free to come back into employment without discrimination.

Why?

there are courts to deal with those issues. we live under rule of law. Not mob rule. Anyone who does that should face criminal prosecution. Once they have done their time as seen fit by the courts then they shouod be free to come back into employment without discrimination.
The issue is that wealthy people with high community standing can effectively buy justice. Carey hasn’t done the time.

The issue is that wealthy people with high community standing can effectively buy justice. Carey hasn’t done the time.
we have to accept the calls made by the rule of law in the same way we have to accept the umpires decision in a sport.

Plus there is little evidence that bribery is rife in our court system. nor is carey all that rich.

once the majority rejects the notion of accepting the rulings by our court systems then society ceases to function.

Twitter mob rule is not a society we want to move towards.

maybe we just dont have all the facts and the courts did rule on it correctly.

Why?

You really think it’s that linear? Have you seen the rap sheet on Carey? How a violent offender like him could avoid jail and serious prosecution is quite staggering, all things being equal, but they weren’t equal.

When you’re a celebrity, have money and can access high value legal representation then you can buy your way out of jail time. An old school friend of mine had a string of drunk driving offences, and his latest indiscretion landed him in court potentially facing 8 months in jail. He was able to rally up some support from his parents who paid a very healthy sum to a lawyer who put his case together, a prominent Barrister pleaded his case and he got no jail time and a small fine.

Now, that’s a simple example, but someone like Carey will and can access very high legal help just as all celebrity sportspeople can. The majority of these idiots would be locked up if they weren’t AFL names.

There’s an old saying about capital punishment; people without the capital get the punishment.

Before you go down the rabbit hole of saying I am advocating for that, I am not, I am just using an example by way of a saying.

... so just on this Star Wars rubbish again (because this topic kinda sucks anyway), that last one basically removed the asian character (they gave her a whopping 76 seconds of screen time out of 2+hours of film), and turned the black dude into comic relief, retconning his role from the lead's love interest in favour of the moody white guy who'd basically been abusing her for the previous two films, attempting to kill her numerous times and slaughtering her mates. What a catch!!!(... and the much talked about "lesbian kiss" didn't even last 25 frames!)

For all of this "gender diversity quota" and armies of woke writing staff it was the worst performing film in the box office and also was the most panned by critics.

Clearly, what they needed to do, was add MORE representation and more lesbian pash scenes, more interracial love affairs and it would have been a better film... right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Dermott Brereton: "Wayne Carey is a better analyst than Daisy Pearce"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back