Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

• Yes

Votes: 90 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 35.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've rewatched what Hinkley did since with sober eyes & mind..... that was classic. Bugger off Hawthorn ya dancing around,over the top, throwing ya head back all the time showponies.

& people quoting the 'living in your head rent free' Detroit v Everybody line.... quit it your thrashing a quality lyric trying to make yourself sound clever. Part of the fun of following AFL is the tribalism. Stop being cancel culture sooky bums!

Umpiring, in all its mighty crustiness, kept Hawthorn in that game at the start and you brown & golds know that. Your captain at the end wasn't even being that great a leader, he was just burning because he hit the post.

Unfortunately your club will get some handy acquisitions this off season & probably progress further next year, but until then suck that hard lemon.

Great experience for the kids playing finals footy let’s face it was unexpected and it will fast track the Hawks to its next piece of silverware. Port won Hinkley and his giggling captain had the last laugh on this occasion so we all move on. As a player or coach Hinkley has never won a premiership or achieved anything great in his AFL career ……. Karma does work both ways you know

Can we stop pretending like “see u in 14 days” comment to a Swans player, not even referencing Ken or Port is somehow equal to a coach deciding to tee-off on an opposition player after the game?

Hawks players celebrating goals or getting around each other after wins seems to have really upset a few.

But there’s a reason the AFL has given Ken a please explain.
Yep, the reason is Vic Bias flog. Precious little Hawforn had their little kid talked to by the big meany Grandpa Ken... Awwwww
Go through the greatest coaches in history, they've all teed off against a player at some stage, I guarantee you.

Ken is nowhere near one of the greatest coaches in history but **** me if Ginnivan and the Hawks didn't deserve it

Clarkson has unloaded multiple times.
Sheedy has unloaded
Scott cries a few times a season
Hardwick has had a crack
Etc etc

Last edited:

Not sure why Hawthorn don't celebrate the unsociable unlikeable tag. It's worked for them, god knows I wish my club got a move on in the development and hunger stakes as Hawthorn has.

It's all meaningless stuff at the end of the day, but Brereton & Matthews adding to the victim complex of ex Hawthorn media types is surprising. Especially since they're all cut from the same cloth of being successful but unsociable/thug types.

Surprised they've been so offended by some humourous body language and banter from Hinkley. Just beat them next time you see them instead.

Not sure why Hawthorn don't celebrate the unsociable unlikeable tag. It's worked for them, god knows I wish my club got a move on in the development and hunger stakes as Hawthorn has.

It's all meaningless stuff at the end of the day, but Brereton & Matthews adding to the victim complex of ex Hawthorn media types is surprising. Especially since they're all cut from the same cloth of being successful but unsociable/thug types.

Surprised they've been so offended by some humourous body language and banter from Hinkley. Just beat them next time you see them instead.

I think your misunderstood it then. We welcome Ken's behaviour. We will smash them next time.

Hinkley's retort was nothing. Mild as hell.

Hawks and Ginnivan have been pretty brash on the socials this year. Then they cop the mildest little bit of splashback and Mitchell shows up to his presser all like...

200.gif

Hinkley's retort was nothing. Mild as hell.

Hawks and Ginnivan have been pretty brash on the socials this year. Then they cop the mildest little bit of splashback and Mitchell shows up to his presser all like...

View attachment 2111655
I really don’t get the reaction to it.

Probably not what you want your head coach doing but not at all menacing or aggressive like Mitchell was making out.

You don't get it because you don't care and hate Hawthorn. Port will get theirs coming from now on, from Hawthorn.

Or is it just possible that you, being a Hawthorn supporter, are having an emotional reaction rather than a rational one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I don't understand is how he had to use a social media post to rev up the squad. You had just been absolutely embarrassed by the cats In a home final, your own club board and supporters wanted you sacked if you had gone out in straight sets again, but Ginni is your focus of motivation to win a semi final? I would find that concerning if I was a Port fan.

Yep, the reason is Vic Bias flog. Precious little Hawforn had their little kid talked to by the big meany Grandpa Ken... Awwwww
Go through the greatest coaches in history, they've all teed off against a player at some stage, I guarantee you.

Ken is nowhere near one of the greatest coaches in history but **** me if Ginnivan and the Hawks didn't deserve it

Clarkson has unloaded multiple times.
Sheedy has unloaded
Scott cries a few times a season
Hardwick has had a crack
Etc etc
It was good of dad to let you on the computer.

Hawthorn have bent a lot of people out of shape this year, just like during the threepeat years and all the “freekickhawthorn” melts.

A lot of fans think it’s pretty glorious.

What mean things do you think Hawthorn will say to make Port's captain and coach cry?

You guys are the kings of crying.

Tried to get people banned on the forum because North are a basket case and people suggested they should fold. Cried for years that you needed priority assistance, then got a crying coach in Clarkdon. Bravo.

Hawthorn have bent a lot of people out of shape this year, just like during the threepeat years and all the “freekickhawthorn” melts.

A lot of fans think it’s pretty glorious.

Which is great.

I just don't understand why some of the ex Hawthorn media and fans are so worked up and playing the victim card.

Ginnivan seems fine, Hinkley seems fine. Whats the big deal? I don't see a glut of local kids footy parents acting like Hinkley because of the antics.

Just cop the loss and move on.

I think your misunderstood it then. We welcome Ken's behaviour. We will smash them next time.

Sicily and Mitchell's response would suggest otherwise. As did the ex Hawthorn media that are carrying on like it's a bigger thing than it actually is.

Last edited:
Sicily and Mitchell's response would suggest otherwise. As did the ex Hawthorn media that are carrying on like it's a bigger thing that it actually is.

That's fine, you can suggest what you want. We will pummel Port from now on. I'm sorry if you can't stand this happening.

Which is great.

I just don't understand why some of the ex Hawthorn media and fans are so worked up and playing the victim card.

Ginnivan seems fine, Hinkley seems fine. Whats the big deal? I don't see a glut of local kids footy parents acting like Hinkley because of the antics.

Just cop the loss and move on.

I get that you’ve probably had to make a lot of excuses for Clarko this year, but does it really need to be explained that a senior couch is held to a higher level of expected behavior?

There’s lots of supporters who aren’t fans of the Hawks who think Ken was being a dickhead. Seemingly the AFL too, now that he’s copped the $20k fine.

I have enjoyed watching Hawthorn melt over Hinkley but even I know Hinkley should’ve let it go.
Unprofessional even if the hawks are a bunch of flogs. I can’t believe it’s taken this long for people to realise it.

Hawks beat up on the bottom 4 and the vfl pies and blues in the last half of the season, plus Freo in Tassie.
I was stunned the Dogs let them walk over them in the end. However well done to the hawks for showing up but next year so much more attention is coming.

I get that you’ve probably had to make a lot of excuses for Clarko this year, but does it really need to be explained that a senior couch is held to a higher level of expected behavior?

There’s lots of supporters who aren’t fans of the Hawks who think Ken was being a dickhead. Seemingly the AFL too, now that he’s copped the $20k fine.
Ken was obviously being a dickhead. But the thin-skinned reaction from Sic and Mitch was priceless. Teams will definitely target them more in the future as a result. Crazy really, because for Ginni, who those two sooks were claiming to be protecting, this would be like water off a duck's back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Back