Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

• Yes

Votes: 90 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 35.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully he does the choco choke.
I see him SMASHING a delicious Pepsi Max "Stone Cold" Steve Austin-style when victory is beyond doubt.

Then pulling the airplane wings on his way to the boundary line after the siren, dropping his pants to moon all the Port Adelaide supporters who wanted him sacked.

What a sight!

Considering that Port/Ken copped a $20k fine for conduct unbecoming the idea that the Hawks overreacted is a bit rich.

Great logic as always. That decision has been panned by everyone except Hawkies supporters.

The hawks embarrassing overreaction and glass jaw attitude made this into a bigger issue than it needed to be.

the fact that you can't see the difference in Mannagh's benign comment and what Jack did is a great example of 'Hawthorn induced cognitive dissonance'

I do hope if daddy Fages makes fun of Mannagh that our captain also threatens to smash his head in and our coach cries in the press conference as well though.
Ive got no doubt your captains past and the present would stand up for your player. And i absolutely value that. Danger even found a way to defend and spin a “young player” (who i may add is 25) who made “a poor choice” after after being booted from nightclubs and later a little OD mishap post game.

And your coach absolutely has form of verbally abusing players at breaks. So yeah i think Danger and Scott would (given past form) do exactly as you hoped.

Ive got no doubt your captains past and the present would stand up for your player. And i absolutely value that. Danger even found a way to defend and spin a “young player” (who i may add is 25) who made “a poor choice” after after being booted from nightclubs and later a little OD mishap post game.

And your coach absolutely has form of verbally abusing players at breaks. So yeah i think Danger and Scott would (given past form) do exactly as you hoped.
Yes, it's amusing that opposition supporters think their clubs would have reacted differently :)

Where they have come from what an amazing storey/year by the Hawks. The envy/mental scars obviously travels far and wide. The overreactions here, in the media etc are phenomenal. Of course all Hawk supporters will back their coach, captain and players through thick and thin for such minor things. Some on here from the clubs they support embarrassing with the character referencing, name calling etc …. need to look into your own back yard before looking over the fence. Buckle up and enjoy the Hollywood Hawks ride!

Great logic as always. That decision has been panned by everyone except Hawkies supporters.

The hawks embarrassing overreaction and glass jaw attitude made this into a bigger issue than it needed to be.
Cue the mental pygmies performing their mental gymnastics.

Ginnivan comment bad sportsmanship.
Hinkley comment good banter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cue the mental pygmies performing their mental gymnastics.

Ginnivan comment bad sportsmanship.
Hinkley comment good banter.

Ginnivan moronic.
Kenny justified.

It’s simples, Jack should engage his brain. Hawks just lost a final due to an Instagram post. As bad as it gets.

Sam Mitchell has a short memory and was borderline in tears. This is the same clown who dropped this….

View attachment 2112542

Can we stop pretending Ken Hinkley did anything OTT other than wave his arms around mimicking an aeroplane and telling JG you won’t be getting on a plane? I wouldn’t really classify what Hinkley did as a ‘tee off’.

Very soft….
That is half way through a game. When the game is on go your hardest (within the rules).

Can you imagine what happens if players start fighting after the final siren? Half Ports team would be suspended this week - Hawks are not going to take a backward step - their season is over. What do they care - might as well go full Alistair Lynch.

When the game is over, you shake hands and that's it.

The winners celebrete and the losers commiserate.

That is half way through a game. When the game is on go your hardest (within the rules).

Can you imagine what happens if players start fighting after the final siren? Half Ports team would be suspended this week - Hawks are not going to take a backward step - their season is over. What do they care - might as well go full Alistair Lynch.

When the game is over, you shake hands and that's it.

The winners celebrete and the losers commiserate.
So it’s ok to celebrate before, and it’s ok to taunt during, but not ok to return fire afterwards?

Got it.

Ginnivan moronic.
Kenny justified.

It’s simples, Jack should engage his brain. Hawks just lost a final due to an Instagram post. As bad as it gets.
And you say others have bad logic.

Port were smashed by 84points and Ken was coaching for his career, but Hawks lost due to an Instagram comment is beyond dumb.

And you say others have bad logic.

Port were smashed by 84points and Ken was coaching for his career, but Hawks lost due to an Instagram comment is beyond dumb.

The simplest mechanism for Kenny to get whole of group mentality shift and into gear was that post.

✈️

Those panning the decision clearly have their head in the sand.

Clarko got fined 20k for calling a player a ********, yet for some bizarre reason, you think Hinkley got fined 20k for just "waving his arms around". Do you not have any ability to put 2 and 2 together?

Ginnivan moronic.
Kenny justified.

And let me guess Rachele is a caring thoughtful human taking some time during a game to tell Port supporters that they need to spend more time with dental care but Ginni is moronic sure!

Last edited:
Those panning the decision clearly have their head in the sand.

Clarko got fined 20k for calling a player a ********, yet for some bizarre reason, you think Hinkley got fined 20k for just "waving his arms around". Do you not have any ability to put 2 and 2 together?

Kenny turned into an aeroplane and Sammy Mitchell said that was aggressive. Putting 2 and 2 together, Sammy Mitchell has a deep fear of flying.

So it’s ok to celebrate before, and it’s ok to taunt during, but not ok to return fire afterwards?

Got it.
Yes. mouth off all week leading up and all game if you want. ken could have even commented that he used it as motivation afterwards - go for your life. Ken could have raised it in his press conference. He could have made a point of it to the media during the week.

Instead he chose to pick out Ginivan and have a crack when it is all over. It was premeditated and deliberate and frankly pissweak given there is no way to respond after a game - unless someone loses their head which luckily didn't happen.

As the saying goes the only thing worse than a sore loser is an ungracious winner.

Ginnivan moronic.
Kenny justified.

Interesting going forward how Port look for external motivations when booing, mocking, defacing alberton with “Sack Hinkley”… the abuse of their captain or pushing Kenny to crying on live tv doesnt evoke any passion or response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Back