Div 2 Tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Ronnie you're an emerald man then? Do you play or just a supporter? Been up to a few games of theirs this year and things are looking good. Kenny was a great pickup and saw he was in the best for his first game.. Was he really or was that just to scare the competition?

Ronnie you're an emerald man then? Do you play or just a supporter? Been up to a few games of theirs this year and things are looking good. Kenny was a great pickup and saw he was in the best for his first game.. Was he really or was that just to scare the competition?

It was good to see common sense prevail and Mitcham finally cleared Scuba last week (Captiger will be pleased...) It was a solid hit out from the big man after 12 months out of the game, i think he deserved to be put in the best.

This week will be the real test, we havent won at Seville in a long time and the point made on the general thread re: Seville's superior depth is valid. We have coped reasonably with 5-6 senior players missing in recent weeks though and I'm sure our twos will give Seville's a good run again, particularly as they wont be able to rely on Jones to kick half their score.

1st v 2nd in the A grade netball too, can't wait.

It was good to see common sense prevail and Mitcham finally cleared Scuba last week (Captiger will be pleased...) It was a solid hit out from the big man after 12 months out of the game, i think he deserved to be put in the best.

This week will be the real test, we havent won at Seville in a long time and the point made on the general thread re: Seville's superior depth is valid. We have coped reasonably with 5-6 senior players missing in recent weeks though and I'm sure our twos will give Seville's a good run again, particularly as they wont be able to rely on Jones to kick half their score.

Cant believe that Seville and Emerald are clear favourites for the Grand Final. Says a lot about the lack of depth in Div 2 and lets hope that neither entertain the idea of coming up to Div 1 if they get the choice.

lm over the moon Rockin Ronnie.Happy to see players playing with there mates.l stand by what l say though.You sign a contract you should honour it.Good luck for the rest of the season.:)

Good call in the resi, think Seville will be worried about not having Jones, take out the 42 odd points he contributed in his one game and they have only kicked 760 in the other 6, hardly seems worth them turning up!

Tips out for the boys, Tips out for the boys. I got one wrong last week, apologies about that. Surprisingly it involved the star studded Belgrave and their amazingly consistent form...lol jks...I did name the 4 best players from that match correctly and called Brad Charman BOG, and got the chocolates there. Kiss my treads, bow and chant next time you see me. I'm really THAT awesome. Plenty going on in the league this week, so lets see how that effects my mad skills.

Alex Vs Yea
Yea are S.T.RUGGL.ING at the moment. Think they all need to put some thermals on and recapture some of their form from earlier in the season when the sun was out...lol jks...the cold makes their precious little fingernails hurt. Alex played well last week against Junktown, only 11 points down at 3/4 time which is a massive effort...lol jks...It was Yarra bloody junktown, a 3 player team. Good to see Alex have more than 2 goal kickers for once. Last time they met, Yea got over the line by 2 points...thats not a joke. Alex had plenty of opportunity to win that game, and will get the chocolates VERY comfortably here, in the local derby...between 2 teams that are 100km away from each other. Alex by 54.

Belgrave Vs Kinglake
I don't care about this game...lol jks...if game of the season wasn't on elsewhere, I would go watch this match because I enjoy comedy. Kinglake have lost the plot, the have no game plan, no depth, and unfortunately no discipline. My scouts that have been to their games this year say the same thing over and over again, once the result is certain, they go the biff. Demarco is finding his range of late, and Molenkamp (the skin head version), is starting to recapture some of his form apparently. Belgrave...WOW. What a mess...lol jks...standard issue down there. Being 13 points up in the last quarter and losing by 12 is pathetic, particularly to a team who hadn't won a game this season. More embarassing is that Punchy kicked 8 in the last quarter, more than they have kicked in some matches. So what's the best course of action? Change a few key position players around to re-invigorate them, change the game plan subtley to address weak spots, or maybe bring in a few new kids who won't take their spot in the team for granted...lol jks... IT'S BELGRAVE, so axe the coach, who is one of their best 5 players (with another one a long-term injury), promote their assistant coach (who helped implement the current game plan). If you have a bowl of rice, it doesn't matter what you put on it, it's still a bowl of rice. My sources at Hellgrave say the same, the list is what the problem is, not the coach. Well done to them though, they are now not only one of their best players down, but now the rabble-ship is being steered by Jack Sparrow...lol jks...He couldn't even steer his toy boat around his rubber ducky. Kinglake by however many Demarco kicks.

Punchtown Vs Junktown
Powelltown finally won a game, and it was predominantly through the ever reliable Barry MacDonald and Luke Miller. Wilson is in great shape up forward, kicking bags in recent weeks. Not surprisingly, since he has been in good form, Punchtown have been playing alot better. Saw him about a month ago, VERY quick off the mark. This HAS to be a statement game for Junktown. They are winning games that they should, just, and aren't as feared as they once were. Charman is playing aswell as ever, and Gatesy finally found something last week. Hoare was the difference between these 2 teams earlier in the year, when he kicked 7, but has been missing since. If it wasn't for a Junktown 9 goal last quarter when they played earlier this year, the result could've been different. Punchtown is a tough ground to play at, and I think they can turn the tables on Junktown here...lol jks...Junktown will pants them. Could be embarassing for Punchtown, Junkies by 46.

Seville Vs Emerald
This game will be shizenhausen. Might stay at home and clean my sock draw rather than watch this...lol jks...Welcome to the Grand Final Preview II. Probably more questions than answers surrounding this game. Will the Potato Chip even be playable? The ground is struggling BIG TIME, will definitely effect the quality of this game, unfortunatley. Will both teams be prepared? Tuesday night there was snow in both areas, did this effect training? Troyhan, is he back (pun intended)? Tanner back in the 2's last week, played well, kicked a few, will he go up? Reece been very quiet recently, carrying some niggles, will they risk him at 80%? Eckers, playing well, but struggling to get back to the dominance he showed preseason? What about O'Donnell? An U/18 who got promoted to seniors against Junction and got BOG, then backed it up by getting in the best again, then gets dropped back to the 18's last week and BOG again. Will he be Seniors or 18's? Put that up against the obvious one, Stasek, will he play? Will he get cleared? Will Livermore (interleague squad) be back? Kenny, was he any good last week? Heard he played out of position for a half. Steer missed last week, how long will he be out for (shut down Eckers in Round 1 apparently)? Then there is the obvious, COX Vs JONES. Jones played 2's in Round 1, whereas Cox kicked 1. Both are in ripping form, and could be the match winner for their team. Round 1 saw Emerald salute by a point. So the equation is simple. It's Emerald PLUS Kenny, Simpson, Dickson, Stasek??? VS Seville PLUS Jones, Senior, Tanner??? O'Donnell???
Emerald by a point again.

Sorry that wasn't humorous, I have my period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. I'm back, I've dropped a Tammy and feel better, thanks to all concerned. Clearly my period clouded my judgement last week. So I forgive myself. Apology accepted. Thanks. I did however say that Kinglake would beat Belgrave by what Demarco kicked, which was 2 goals, and let me check....yep, they won by 12 points, which brings my awesomeness back. Oh wait, I never lost it.

Alex Vs Seville
Cracker of a match last week at the Potato Chip. Seville are going along well, but the injury curse is gradually becoming a factor. If you had've said at the start of the year that they would beat the other top team without the likes of Troyhan, Reece, Jones, Pereira, you would've been laughed at, but such is the value of having some depth. The ground held up really well and was in great condition...lol jks...the next Seville home game has been moved to the Werribee treatment plant. Alex used their 'get out of jail free' card last week, coming from 19 points down at 3/4 time to win by 20, and racking up a lazy 12 scoring shots in the last quarter...lol jks...they played Yea, and humiliated themselves by even being behind the Yea juggernaught anyway. Alex are a better side at home, and last time they met, Jones kicked 5 (not playing), Scotty Reece kicked 4 (not playing) and Pereira kicked 2 and got the votes (not playing), so for this reason Alex will cause an upset here...lol jks... They got pumped by 69 points last time, and you can put a 1 infront of that figure this time.

Emerald Vs Hellgrave
Like Seville, played a very good brand of footy last week and with Seville, are clearly the best 2 teams in Div 2. Like Seville as well, had a few outs and a couple come back this week apparently...lol jks... The 'upside down bowl' that is their ground is on the long term injury list too. Hellgrave, unlucky not to win it last week...lol jks...they were behind all day and had 11 scoring shots in the last quarter, 9 of which were points. Standard issue really, they have kicked 67 behinds in the last 4 games. The rabble is in crisis too, their best 5 players at the start of the season are ALL out. Stubley (overseas), Stasek (axed), Osborne (back, season), Dadswell (captain, broken leg) MacNamara (tranferred away from the rabble...and took his brothers with him who had just transferred across.), which are all devastating losses for a club on the up...lol jks...Circuses are usually run by clowns. Say no more. Belgrave beat Emerald last time, and I think with some guts and determination, it will be the same result again...lol jks...The goal umpire at Emeralds end will need some serious protection, he'll get shot at more than the Bali 9 will from the firing squad. Cox will kick more than Belgraves 1's, 2's and 18's combined.

Kinglake Vs Junktown
Junktown copped a nice ol' touch up (pun intended) from Punchtown last week. Plenty of talk coming from the club and others that they had alot of outs, which is utter crap. They had no Gates, who is good, but not that influential. They still had Mr Consistent (Brad Charman), they still had Cam Hoare, they still had new recruit, and very handy, Danny Ryan. No excuses, they were beaten. Comprehensively. I said last week that it was a statement game for them. And it was. They are a force to be reckoned with...lol jks...They are custard. Useless, and something that very few people like. Kinglake, was a good win last week...lol jks...they played Belgrave and only won by 2 goals. The cash is gone. Their form is gone. Their structure is gone. Their discipline is gone. And their season is gone. This match shapes up to be a great battle of 2 great teams, where silky skills will be on display all game...lol jks...Kinglake will get some momentum up here and salute in another upset. Junktown by 36.

YAY! Vs Punchtown
A heavyweight (literally) battle of the titans looms here. Punchtown are on the move, so beware Seville and Emerald. Winning 2 in a row, and really starting to gather some momentum...lol jks...They're still pathetic. Miller and MacDonald are the only who consistently show up, and getting Rocky Collins back last week was a big boost. YAY are saying anything but Yay. They are a fraction of the team they were, and honestly, they are becoming the next Hellgrave. Robinson is their only decent player at present, and Butterworth has gone from potentially kicking 80 goals for the season to struggling to get a touch. They had the 4 points sown up last week, and changed their gamestyle to defensive to protect the lead...lol jks...they couldn't risk winning because they've forgotten the words to their club song. But having the homeground advantage, and having choir lessons throughout the week to prepare for the singing of the song this week, will see them bring Punchtown back to Earth with a thud....a rather large thud too. Such a large thud that Punchtown will be the new Christchurch. Where was I? Oh yeah, this game will be a cracker (had to throw in a food reference for these rather large units)...lol jks...It will be like pulling out your own fingernails and washing your bloody hands with vinegar. Miller and Barry Mac too strong through the midfield, Punchy by 43.

Any opinions on who the best rucks and midfielders are in div 2 at the moment then we can have a look at the forwards hahah

Yarra Junction v Emerald - Emerald by PLenty!!
Yea v Kinglake - Kinglake by 10
Alexandra v Powellytown - Alex will feature in finals and win this game by 50
Seville v Belgrave - Seville by a trillion. Goodnight Belgrave.

Dunno if the score will be massive seville v belgrave. Drove past the ground this morning and it looks f#cked!

FIGJAM. Tipped them all again, and even tipped 'Cox to kick more than Belgrave's seniors, 2's and 18's combined.' Cox kicked 3, The Rabble kicked 2 all day. Superstar...not Belgrave, but me. I'll tell you the biggest joke...ready for it? Hellgrave and YAY!

Several Vs Hellgrave

If Hellgrave even show up for this game, that will be an even bigger joke. The new committee at The Rabble must've been stoked with last weeks amazing performances across the board...lol jks...even the Yooralla 3rds would get a percentage boost from playing these fairies. Several had a massive 'escape' last week, being clearly outplayed for the first 3/4's, then unleashed a ripping 10 goal last quarter to come home comfortable (on the scoreboard) winners. Good teams find a way of winning, alas this match. Although they got the 4 points, they still would've been disappointed with the way in which they played, when you consider the back-spinning, double pirouette, inside out, Spinner Jones was back, as was DJ Scotty Reece. This game really emphasized how important accuracy is, as Smellex had more scoring shots. So a good, accurate team plays a shizenhauzen inaccurate rabble. Im talking about the past, because i dont want to bring Hellgrave down..lol jks...as if i could bring them down any lower, they are lower than a hookers thong on a Saturday night at present. Hellgrave should have an ice bath, then run out on the field naked, it would be less humiliating to them compared to what several will do to them here. Could be the first 150 point drubbing if the ground isn't the quagmire we all know that is expected. This could be comical, like me.

Smellex Vs Punchtown

Ahhhhhh, the tree loppers VS the lumber jacks. A few kgs of beef in this match. Smellex illustrated how to outplay a team for 3/4 and still not get the chocolates. Punchy are on a roll, with Wilson on fire up front at present. Tough ask playing at Alex, they're a VERY tough unit at home...lol jks...Alex are the new chokers of the league. This game will be very physical, with cards flying around left right and center...lol jks...at least this should provide some form of interest to the crowd of 4 that'll be there, because it'll definitely lack in skill. Wilson, Miller and Barry Mac will be too tough and skilled for the un-athletic smell. Punchy for 4 on the trot, victors by 22.

Junktown Vs Hemorrhoid

Emerald gave Hellgrave a royal touch up last week, keeping them to one goal, whilst having 27 scoring shots themselves, in a ground my source said that was in such good shape that even his cows would complain. Junktown didn't show up in the first half last week, and were goalless at quartertime, which probably is an indicator of wher they're at, ALL OVER THE BLOODY PLACE. Usually I'd get excited about 2V3, but after the licking that Emerald gave Junction earlier this year, it'll be a similar result. Junction are all over the joint like a mad woman's breakfast, and emerald are in form and consistent. Same result, emerald by 11...goals.

YAY! Vs Kingjoke

This game will be about as enthralling as the cup of tea and biscuit I just had with my Grandma who's on life support. YAY! are absolutely bloody terrible, and Kinglake have no money, no skills and no discipline. The only exciting thing will be seeing who racks up 50 possessions first between Molenkamp and Jai Robinson, cos they'll be the only two players out there. Kingjoke by 6X4+14 to the max plus 1.

junction v emerald - junction in an upset at home by 2 points
yea v kinglake - yea using the big ground to just beat kinglake by 3 points
alex v powelly - all talk of impressive powelly but havent beaten top teams yet and still wont alex by 20
seville v belgrave - best team possible to take the feild this week for belgrave but still wont be strong enough, seville by 30.

Emerald v Yea - Emerald by plenty
Kinglake v Alexandra - Kinglake hard to beat at home
Powelltown v Seville - Seville by a lot. Are powelly fielding 18's this week?
Belgrave v Yarra Junction - YJ should win, but who knows!

Whaddup GANGSTASSSSSSSSSS. I'm great, thanks for asking. Got one wrong last week, so for my punishment, I have to go and watch Hellgrave play. So, in that case, this may be my last post, as after a torture so severe, i'll probably just neck myself.

Hellgrave Vs Junktown

Hellgrave were surprisingly competitive last week...lol jks...if they didn't play at the Samboy in the Bowl (the Potato Chip covered in Sh!t), they would've been blown away. Nice to see that they got the assistance of some players from other places, such as Frankston, just for the one game, which doesn't make sense to me...lol jks...they wanted to preserve their percentage because they have aspirations of September action. The only action they'll get in September is on Gray St, Sainters at 4am (slop o'clock). Junktown had alot of returns last week by the look of it. My souces at both clubs say that Junktown had a flyer in the first quarter, but were outplayed for the remaining 3/4's, it was just their efficiency going forward and Emerald's innacuracy that kept them in it. But with that being said, have they closed the gap? NO. Hellgrave are a different team at home, and have Stubley back in form, and aren't without a chance in this one...lol jks...that IS the dumbest thing I've ever said. EVER. Jayden Leskie had more of a chance than Hellgrave do here. Humiliation personified here. Junktown by a point. Plus 8. Times 9. (That's 81 if anyone from Hellgrave is reading this.)

Hemorrhoid Vs YAY!

Emerald nearly kicked themselves out of the game last weekend, Junktown really took it up to them...lol jks...they had no Kenny, no ruckman, no Livermore, 3 U/18's in the senior team and apparently 6 others missing. That puts Junktown 2 games and % off second and only a game clear of 4th. Will be interesting to see how well Hemorrhoid move the ball back at home, on a ground that's like carpet...lol jks...it's on a par with the Samboy in a Bowl. YAY! were good in the 1st and final qtr last week, but went missing during the 2nd and 3rd...lol jks...they've been missing since Round 3. The only interest at Emerald this week will be in the 18's and the netball, aka YAY!'s senior team. Jai Robinson is flying at YAY!, playing 10 games this season, and being in the best ALL 10. In particular, in the last 7 games, has snagged best on in 5 of them and 2nd best in the other 2. Brilliant effort...lol jks...he is the only bloke on their list who can kick a drop punt. Only 4 goals seperating Jones and Cox in the goal kicking, and both should have a weekend out, like taking candy from a baby. Emerald will have more shots than there has been in the Northern suburbs drive-by's this week. Hemorrhoid by 1,426.

Kingjoke Vs Smellex

The jokers had a good win against the silky YAY! last week...lol jks...they nearly got humiliated. Only won by 3 goals and YAY! were missing for half the game. Have I mentioned before that the Jokers problem is they spent all their money on a Runners up badge and to play in a Prelim final? The Molenkamps and that little number 2 midget, we'll call him Rima (the midget off Big Brother) are the only players who show anything on a weekly basis. And they still have no discipline. The Doveton's of the YVMDFL. Smellex are going along nicely, although they'll still be cursing about dropping that game to Several 2 weeks ago...lol jks...They can't beat, and haven't beaten, any team above them. Bretherton, Jack and Steel will be good for there 3 goals each, alas the season so far, and that's more than the lone ranger Demarco will manage at the other end. Alex are a physically tough, and somewhat dirty team of rats aswell, and I sincerely wish them all the best...lol jks...in their season of being an 'also ran'. In what will be a glorious sunny afternoon, there is still a 90% chance the game will be called off due to poor visibility...again. This game will end in a boxing match, literally, and Smellex will win it by a unaminous points decision. 34 of them.

Punchtown Vs Several

Alas Emerald and Junktown, the scoreboard didn't do the game any justice on the weekend. Seville, albeit 24 point winners over the biggest rabble since Thornton Eildon in Hellgrave, were in cruise control. The game was played in what resembled the Werribee 'treatment' plant, meaning low scores were an inevitability. Hellgrave did score almost half their score in the first quarter, and after that, Several battled hard...lol jks...they bent Hellgrave over and did what they wanted to them, Joseph Fritzl style. Nice of Marty Eckers to finally show up mentally to a game, but unfortunately 'DJ' Scotty Reece had his mind on going to Whip instead of playing footy. Punchy had a big reality check last week against the ******ed Rebels. Daniel Wilson is still in cracking form, and only 6 goals behind Cox in the goal kicking. Holly will have to shut him down this week to destroy Punchy's ONLY route to goal. 'Several' will tag Barry Mac and Luke Miller out of the game too, and probably sneak over the line...lol jks...they will increase their percentage by about 432.77%. Jones will kick 9. Punchy's final score will resemble Julia Gillard's approval rating, 27. Several however, are likely to score more than Charlie Sheen. Several by a point.

Whaddup GANGSTASSSSSSSSSS. I'm great, thanks for asking. Got one wrong last week, so for my punishment, I have to go and watch Hellgrave play. So, in that case, this may be my last post, as after a torture so severe, i'll probably just neck myself.

Hellgrave Vs Junktown

Hellgrave were surprisingly competitive last week...lol jks...if they didn't play at the Samboy in the Bowl (the Potato Chip covered in Sh!t), they would've been blown away. Nice to see that they got the assistance of some players from other places, such as Frankston, just for the one game, which doesn't make sense to me...lol jks...they wanted to preserve their percentage because they have aspirations of September action. The only action they'll get in September is on Gray St, Sainters at 4am (slop o'clock). Junktown had alot of returns last week by the look of it. My souces at both clubs say that Junktown had a flyer in the first quarter, but were outplayed for the remaining 3/4's, it was just their efficiency going forward and Emerald's innacuracy that kept them in it. But with that being said, have they closed the gap? NO. Hellgrave are a different team at home, and have Stubley back in form, and aren't without a chance in this one...lol jks...that IS the dumbest thing I've ever said. EVER. Jayden Leskie had more of a chance than Hellgrave do here. Humiliation personified here. Junktown by a point. Plus 8. Times 9. (That's 81 if anyone from Hellgrave is reading this.)

Hemorrhoid Vs YAY!

Emerald nearly kicked themselves out of the game last weekend, Junktown really took it up to them...lol jks...they had no Kenny, no ruckman, no Livermore, 3 U/18's in the senior team and apparently 6 others missing. That puts Junktown 2 games and % off second and only a game clear of 4th. Will be interesting to see how well Hemorrhoid move the ball back at home, on a ground that's like carpet...lol jks...it's on a par with the Samboy in a Bowl. YAY! were good in the 1st and final qtr last week, but went missing during the 2nd and 3rd...lol jks...they've been missing since Round 3. The only interest at Emerald this week will be in the 18's and the netball, aka YAY!'s senior team. Jai Robinson is flying at YAY!, playing 10 games this season, and being in the best ALL 10. In particular, in the last 7 games, has snagged best on in 5 of them and 2nd best in the other 2. Brilliant effort...lol jks...he is the only bloke on their list who can kick a drop punt. Only 4 goals seperating Jones and Cox in the goal kicking, and both should have a weekend out, like taking candy from a baby. Emerald will have more shots than there has been in the Northern suburbs drive-by's this week. Hemorrhoid by 1,426.

Kingjoke Vs Smellex

The jokers had a good win against the silky YAY! last week...lol jks...they nearly got humiliated. Only won by 3 goals and YAY! were missing for half the game. Have I mentioned before that the Jokers problem is they spent all their money on a Runners up badge and to play in a Prelim final? The Molenkamps and that little number 2 midget, we'll call him Rima (the midget off Big Brother) are the only players who show anything on a weekly basis. And they still have no discipline. The Doveton's of the YVMDFL. Smellex are going along nicely, although they'll still be cursing about dropping that game to Several 2 weeks ago...lol jks...They can't beat, and haven't beaten, any team above them. Bretherton, Jack and Steel will be good for there 3 goals each, alas the season so far, and that's more than the lone ranger Demarco will manage at the other end. Alex are a physically tough, and somewhat dirty team of rats aswell, and I sincerely wish them all the best...lol jks...in their season of being an 'also ran'. In what will be a glorious sunny afternoon, there is still a 90% chance the game will be called off due to poor visibility...again. This game will end in a boxing match, literally, and Smellex will win it by a unaminous points decision. 34 of them.

Punchtown Vs Several

Alas Emerald and Junktown, the scoreboard didn't do the game any justice on the weekend. Seville, albeit 24 point winners over the biggest rabble since Thornton Eildon in Hellgrave, were in cruise control. The game was played in what resembled the Werribee 'treatment' plant, meaning low scores were an inevitability. Hellgrave did score almost half their score in the first quarter, and after that, Several battled hard...lol jks...they bent Hellgrave over and did what they wanted to them, Joseph Fritzl style. Nice of Marty Eckers to finally show up mentally to a game, but unfortunately 'DJ' Scotty Reece had his mind on going to Whip instead of playing footy. Punchy had a big reality check last week against the ******ed Rebels. Daniel Wilson is still in cracking form, and only 6 goals behind Cox in the goal kicking. Holly will have to shut him down this week to destroy Punchy's ONLY route to goal. 'Several' will tag Barry Mac and Luke Miller out of the game too, and probably sneak over the line...lol jks...they will increase their percentage by about 432.77%. Jones will kick 9. Punchy's final score will resemble Julia Gillard's approval rating, 27. Several however, are likely to score more than Charlie Sheen. Several by a point.
get this in the record. if only wazza could write like this

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 2 Tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back