DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll go out on a limb and say it's going to be a long year for Glen Eira
Dont jump the gun on the Packer Park boys just yet. It's fair to say that we did not play well on Saturday but some things to be considered
1. We dont match up well against OGs. They beat us by 89 and 98 points respectivly in 2012
2. We let them kick 13 goals in the last 1/4 which made the final result flattering to the opposition.
3. OGs will be one of the teams to beat in 2013. They ran the ball well and have tallent all accross the ground.
4. We know where in for a fight this year, and in the past that is how we have liked to play our footy.

As I said Saturday was a very disapointing result for the Saints, but I would not be ruling anyone out at this time of the year.

Can anyone from mentone give a report on the player who got taken away in the ambulance on sat, think it was snow! it was right in front of our bench, didn't look good at all! You guys paid a great player respect by winning the game for him.

Terrible news regarding Snow, all the best to the young fella.

Ladder prediction:
Prahran
Old Geelong
Whitefriars
Melbourne High
Bulleen Temp
Hampton
Ormond
Williamstown
Old Mentone
Glen Eira

This week:
OGS by 100
Ormond by 100
BT by 30
Prahran by 20
Friars by 60

Confirmed. Apparently did his ACL & PCL and facing the possibility of not playing again. A real tragedy. One of the better players getting around.
Not doubting you Uncle as you probably have more up to date info. On Southern FM on Sunday Steve McCarthy (who was umpiring) said it was a dislocation and that he'd spoken to his father and he hoped the player would be released from hospital that day or Monday.

Very sad if your info is on the mark.

I notice a Holdsworth playing for Ormond. Any relation to former player/president Wayne Holdsworth and how does he go?
Yes it is his ol man, Wayne was the head of SFL and I went to a function when he left AFL and the speaker said that Wayne played div for Orm played VFA and I think played in a rep team for one of them, the son was under 18 200 and 400 state sprint champ at one point so says my aths colleague.

ROUND 2 TIPS...
OG v Mentone - easy
Ormond v Glen Eira - easy
Willy v BT - close
PA v Rovers - close
MHSOB v Friars - close

Total Tips 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great weekend of footy coming up. A Few real close games i suspect
Im most interested to see how willy go on their own turf since its such a big advantage knowing how to play the blustery conditions down there. Ormond v glen eira the local derby also to be a cracker. They may still have nightmares from last years 25.11 to 5.3 defeat at EE Gunn however

tips
Old Geelong v MENTONE down to the wire
ORMOND v Glen Eira high scoring but not close
WILLIAMSTOWN v Bulleen Grinding close win
PRAHRAN v Hampton close
WHITEFRIARS v MHSOB close

goodluck to all teams
NOTHING BEATS LOCAL FOOTY

What an extraordinary win by Hampton Rovers today. To come from 4 goals down (in fact they were behind all day) to get up and win is amazing, especially when you consider the Rovers haven't won a game in Premier C last year, and at no stage made a comeback from a margin as much as 4 goals, and seeing how accurate Prahran were today in front of goals.

Anyone witness what happened at Como Park? I see that Sam Long back playing for them. A few years back was the best player in the comp. disappointed with the result today. Full credit to the Rovers though, had great leaders and a never say die attitude that got them the 4 points. Expect the two blues to bounce back strongly.

Anyone witness what happened at Como Park? I see that Sam Long back playing for them. A few years back was the best player in the comp. disappointed with the result today. Full credit to the Rovers though, had great leaders and a never say die attitude that got them the 4 points. Expect the two blues to bounce back strongly.
Yep Longy is back at the OGS after a couple of years overseas. Old Mentone were too good on Saturday, they move the ball very well and had good delivery into their forward line. Caught the OGS by surprise.

First post for the season but was at Friar Park to witness a seroius Unicorn drubbing. Not sure what's happened to them but they were terrible on Saturday. I saw both of their games last year against the Friars and they were very competitive but if they don't pick up they will be having a good look at D2 next year. The Friar tall forwards dominated aganist the Unicorns and had they kicked straight the loss could have been stratospheric!
Thought BT were good last week, very determined and their top 3 are unbelievable! Only problem for them may be their depth but an excellent start for the Bullants 2-0 with a tough win out at Willy.
OM's have obviously recruited well and added to their talented group from last year and look to have much better depth.
Will be an interesting year.

Glen Eira have not had a very good start yes very early in the season but my sources say they were undermanned and no match for Ormond.I wonder if the Atholwood playing with Glen Eira is the son of that may have played a few games with Orm..

Remove this Banner Ad

DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back