D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame the VAFA don't have a Rivalry Round.

For example, say if these games were played in Round 9:

Hampton Rovers v Ormond
Brunswick v West Brunswick
Old Ivanhoe v Ivanhoe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a shame the VAFA don't have a Rivalry Round.

For example, say if these games were played in Round 9:

Hampton Rovers v Ormond
Brunswick v West Brunswick
Old Ivanhoe v Ivanhoe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brunswick and West Brunswick have never played each other in their entire history.

But hard to start a rivalry from scratch isn’t it?

Brunswick and West Brunswick have never played each other in their entire history.

But hard to start a rivalry from scratch isn’t it?

1966 C Grade

Round 8: West Brunswick 10.14-74 def NOBS 7.11-53
Round 17: NOBS 9.8-62 def by West Brunswick 10.7-67

A simmering animosity has been passed through the generations and finally a chance for redemption draws near.

1966 C Grade

Round 8: West Brunswick 10.14-74 def NOBS 7.11-53
Round 17: NOBS 9.8-62 def by West Brunswick 10.7-67

A simmering animosity has been passed through the generations and finally a chance for redemption draws near.

That’s impressive. I stand corrected.

Well in spite of the fierce rivalry that I have been a part of and seen between Old Ivanhoe and Ivanhoe including our painful GF loss in 95 in C Section, it will be difficult to schedule a rivalry game this year as they are in C Section and we are in D

Well in spite of the fierce rivalry that I have been a part of and seen between Old Ivanhoe and Ivanhoe including our painful GF loss in 95 in C Section, it will be difficult to schedule a rivalry game this year as they are in C Section and we are in D
I was waiting for someone to work that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly scores indeed. Hampton and Ormond are far too strong for D Grade teams. Only Ormonds notorious wobbling come September can stop them returning to C. Nothing will stop the Rovers doing so.

Not sure about the notorious wobbling . Lost a Grand Final to Hampton , last year we lost both finals , the 2nd Semi we were even at HT and had no bench , that's not a wobble. This year looks like the great divide, Hampton absolute favorites to win it going by the word on the street.

Was great to see a good turn up at our Grand Final reunion at Toorak Park last night and even better to get the points. Bullants and S Calcedo impressive again. Proud club, they will bounce back

Big test for Preston away at Kew. Danger game for Ormond away to Oakleigh , Ormond have lost a few more this week, if they can get some back ,they will challenge Rovers , but at this stage Rovers are well ahead of the rest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lost some close ones this season but Calcedos and Wakim should get them up for this one. Birdie tells me they may have a few new recruits round the corner.

As for us, we will be looking to build some momentum after a strong win. Never easy going down to Hoe Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back