D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got down to watch Preston v NOBS on Satday. Trying conditions but the boys in red looked good, few handy pick ups and Shaun Calcedo upto his old tricks. Should fair well in the league BnF. NOBS relegation battle looms

Got down to watch Preston v NOBS on Satday. Trying conditions but the boys in red looked good, few handy pick ups and Shaun Calcedo upto his old tricks. Should fair well in the league BnF. NOBS relegation battle looms
Whilst the win was impressive, they’ve lost some of their cream of the crop so I think unlikely they’ll make finals, 6-8 range on the ladder for me

Last year there were 3 teams above the rest with Oakleigh a step below those 3 and better than the rest. Could be the same this year .
i'd agree, however im not sure what the consensus top 3-4 are yet, i'm interested to see how hampt go as well as Oakleigh, they have a lot of firepower

4 teams with 2 losses already though, hopefully not a sign to come of a competition with poor depth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whilst the win was impressive, they’ve lost some of their cream of the crop so I think unlikely they’ll make finals, 6-8 range on the ladder for me
Right them off at your peril. They have defied the odds before Will be a good gauge this w/e against Therry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whinge whinge whinge
You don't know the story and I hope no other club has to put up with it. The Kew people were very good and the whole day was incident free , not like past visits. The party pies etc after the game were most welcome. So Peanut when you know what happened make a comment ps we were very happy with the win.

Ormond away rooms are pitiful! They may be bigger but please.
They are not ideal , but the showers and dunny are separated from the change area. We were put in the women's toilet area , while 2 women's teams were given main rooms. Our female trainers were forced to operate next to the 2 shitters in the hand basin area.

Workhorse where are you. The facilities put up for an away team was a disgrace.

Unfortunately mate 4 games on the day including 2 womens meant the rooms situation was not ideal. Absolutely cannot have men/women teams share the same rooms. It was either the small away rooms you used (in the main pavilion thats only 5 years old) or the equally small, much older, away rooms on the top oval. Normally, as you know, the away teams are given the full top oval rooms.

Away rooms are away rooms. They don't effect how well or poorly you play. I've seen some absolute shockers in my time. Count yourself lucky you never had to use the old West Preston away rooms in the NFL.

Unfortunately mate 4 games on the day including 2 womens meant the rooms situation was not ideal. Absolutely cannot have men/women teams share the same rooms. It was either the small away rooms you used (in the main pavilion thats only 5 years old) or the equally small, much older, away rooms on the top oval. Normally, as you know, the away teams are given the full top oval rooms.

Away rooms are away rooms. They don't effect how well or poorly you play. I've seen some absolute shockers in my time. Count yourself lucky you never had to use the old West Preston away rooms in the NFL.
Should have given us at least one up the top which has separate showers etc. The girls got changed in the main rooms , so why couldn't your 2nd girls team , or at least use the designated women's room which we did. In the past we have used one room up the top and Auskick used the other , but there was no Auskick . Nothing against women's footy , but they should not get preference when there are 3 changerooms down below and 2 up top. Back to the game, your thoughts

Should have given us at least one up the top which has separate showers etc. The girls got changed in the main rooms , so why couldn't your 2nd girls team , or at least use the designated women's room which we did. In the past we have used one room up the top and Auskick used the other , but there was no Auskick . Nothing against women's footy , but they should not get preference when there are 3 changerooms down below and 2 up top. Back to the game, your thoughts

You may disagree but comment from a few Ormond players to one of our coaches was that they felt the game was closer than the scoreboard would suggest. We had a good first quarter, got on top but then didn't take our chances in the 2nd and your boys pegged it back. Was a disappointing final quarter and losing one of our young guns after taking that huge mark was another kick in the guts. Just really missing our best forwards at the moment but everyone deals with injuries. No doubt Ormond will be there abouts at the pointy end.

You may disagree but comment from a few Ormond players to one of our coaches was that they felt the game was closer than the scoreboard would suggest. We had a good first quarter, got on top but then didn't take our chances in the 2nd and your boys pegged it back. Was a disappointing final quarter and losing one of our young guns after taking that huge mark was another kick in the guts. Just really missing our best forwards at the moment but everyone deals with injuries. No doubt Ormond will be there abouts at the pointy end.
Yes agree it was closer than the scoreboard suggests. I hope you got that mark on film, it was massive. You gave our boys in the ressies a massive scare after 22 wins on the trot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back