D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much on the mark Workhorse. 11 of the top 12 in last year's B&F have left. Hopefully a few of those will return next year and with 19s this year and the fast tracked experience gained this year by many in the ones we'll be a lot better going forward.

Still hard to watch for someone who has been around a fair while and seen some good sides in the black and white.

It's incredible to think that that Hampton Rovers and Ormond are 1 and 2 on the ladder in both Reserves and Seniors, and they will be facing off for top spot at Boss James Reserve on Saturday. Yet, it doesn't get mentioned on the VAFA Podcast, preferring to focus on Premier section instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's incredible to think that that Hampton Rovers and Ormond are 1 and 2 on the ladder in both Reserves and Seniors, and they will be facing off for top spot at Boss James Reserve on Saturday. Yet, it doesn't get mentioned on the VAFA Podcast, preferring to focus on Premier section instead.

Jase, it will be a great game, but it is hard for media to spread itself outside of the premier sections. Just so many teams and games. Fortunately you would think both teams are a very strong chance to go up this year. The Preston ‘See Saws’ are also looking good. Looking forward to hearing about the game on Saturday night if you are up for a post game report for us all.
We still have big footy to keep us updated on the D1 action. Bring it on.

To be fair Jase they are teams currently ranked 31 and 32 across the VAFA. Hopefully one or both can enter the Premier sections in 2019 and will then feature every week on VAFA TV.

So pleased that someone had raised the issue of TP style of play. I have seen two of their games this season and have been surprised at their over the top physical play. In one game I witnessed a player being belted behind play and knocked out with on official repercussion clearly this wasn’t caught on camera. They play like a low grade suburban club similar to a lower grade NFL team. How they get away with the sniping and illegal acts I don’t know. Perhaps the VAFA secretly condone it.

So pleased that someone had raised the issue of TP style of play. I have seen two of their games this season and have been surprised at their over the top physical play. In one game I witnessed a player being belted behind play and knocked out with on official repercussion clearly this wasn’t caught on camera. They play like a low grade suburban club similar to a lower grade NFL team. How they get away with the sniping and illegal acts I don’t know. Perhaps the VAFA secretly condone it.

Mate, you wrote the same garbage about Therry last year. That's three of your four lifetime posts on BigFooty. Pop back in your box.

Mate, you wrote the same garbage about Therry last year. That's three of your four lifetime posts on BigFooty. Pop back in your box.
Well said a bit went on both ways , everyone shook hands and moved on after a great game of Ammo footy. The return bout will be just as good.

Come on Wee Georgie elaborate what games were you at ,and who do you support , I’ve been out by the creek a few times over the journey my lasting memory was that tiny change room and the cold showers but the after match was great

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Wee Georgie elaborate what games were you at ,and who do you support , I’ve been out by the creek a few times over the journey my lasting memory was that tiny change room and the cold showers but the after match was great

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just one blokes bias against a club. His history shows this. Therry are a great club. Full of wonderful people. Like all Ammos clubs. Yet to meet a bad club. If you think you have found a bad club, go to a game and then have a beer with them post match. You will change your mind straight away.

Hampton Rovers and Ormond played out a thrilling draw at Boss James Reserve. One of the games of the season in Division 1.

Indeed. An absolute belter. I’m sure the umpires were great as well and didn’t influence the result.

Hampton Rovers and Ormond played out a thrilling draw at Boss James Reserve. One of the games of the season in Division 1.

Reckon it would’ve given Xavs -v- Blues a run for its money re: standard Jase?

As we reach the halfway point of the year, how do you see Division 1 panning out from here on?

To be honest it was not a great game as shown by the kicking at goal, both sides were poor , the Monds hit the post 4 times in the 1st Q. The game was played in the proper way , no bullshit pushing and shoving , just 2 suburban clubs having a crack. The Rovers had about 9 out and Ormond probably 7 or 8 out of the best line ups.
Fantastic that the player chosen by both coaches and the umps to play well and not just the best on ground but one who played the game in the right spirit is now awarded the Barnes Medal and that was won by Pavlou from The Rovers.
Round 18 it will be on again.
For the love of suburban footy.

Last edited:
As we reach the halfway point of the year, how do you see Division 1 panning out from here on?

very interesting year thus far, you'd think ivanhoe and NOBs are shoe ins for relegation

Kew and Oakleigh are in no mans lands, not a threat to move either way on the ladder, which is surprising since everyone though Oakleigh would make finals

WB will miss out due to their horrid % and prahan is half a chance to make it if they can force a couple of upsets against TP and Preston

Therry still the 3rd best team IMO with a lot of scoring firepower

Monders and hampton a class above i believe, their skill level by foot is far more supreme than any other team, and on the big grounds they will touch the other sides up in finals. Also good hard running teams make them a deadly combination, they should make an interesting 1-2

Preston still a bit of a smokey, but definitely have shown their best is as good as anyones which is a bit of a shock considering no one really predicted they would get out of relegation in pre-season. However, their 2 losses have come against sides outside the 4 so their consistency may be an issue

Received a text earlier telling me that Bannister kicked 12 today. A lazy dozen. Great effort. Superstar player.
Sees Therry roll into 3rd. Nice.
The top two roll on.
Cheers Hippster.

Nice to have your contribution to this lower grade. He is a very good player that's for sure. Very scrappy game at Ivanhoe park and the home side never gave in. Good canteen and very warm rooms with some cold Carlton cans to finish the day off , just a pity they haven't got much support , sad or a long established club.

The VAFA should look at having clubs below Premier sections host the first week of the finals to take a lot of pressure off the VAFA and councils when finding grounds to host Week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back