D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

8 eligible under 19s playing in GE seniors today. Thank goodness for the u19 bye. Add another forfeit in Reserves. Ivanhoe.
Yes - horrible week with unavailable and injured players. Have just been told only had 10 or so who could play whole game. And that our Reserves have used over 75+ different players to field teams this year 😳

Getting a few back after the bye apparently 🤞

Chump 🏆

Last edited:

Yes - horrible week with unavailable and injured players. Have just been told only had 10 or so who could play whole game. And that our Reserves have used over 75+ different players to field teams this year 😳

Getting a few back after the bye apparently 🤞

Chump 🏆
Still pisses me off when clubs come and mention opposition teams who are forfeiting. No one sets out to forfeit. It’s just the time we play in. It’s news when it happens in Prem A or Prem B.

Still pisses me off when clubs come and mention opposition teams who are forfeiting. No one sets out to forfeit. It’s just the time we play in. It’s news when it happens in Prem A or Prem B.
We will be ok Maxy 👍

Massive effort today from the senior side that we could put out there and just couldn't get it done late v the Westys. Nearly pinched a huge win, but it would have been pinching it really.

On a side note - thankfully our young bloke is ok after being knocked out cold with an average tackle. The extra week off will help - hopefully.

Chump 🏆

We will be ok Maxy 👍

Massive effort today from the senior side that we could put out there and just couldn't get it done late v the Westys. Nearly pinched a huge win, but it would have been pinching it really.

On a side note - thankfully our young bloke is ok after being knocked out cold with an average tackle. The extra week off will help - hopefully.

Chump 🏆
Wasn't at the game Chump but heard it got very willing, potentially after that incident? Pretty unlike West and Ivanhoe in the games I have watched the two sides play last year. Hopefully the young bloke is okay. It's one thing to be injured but a player might hope not to get knocked out in an ordinary tackle playing footy.

Wasn't at the game Chump but heard it got very willing, potentially after that incident? Pretty unlike West and Ivanhoe in the games I have watched the two sides play last year. Hopefully the young bloke is okay. It's one thing to be injured but a player might hope not to get knocked out in an ordinary tackle playing footy.
Yes Silver all around that incident only. I believe a couple in the book (the tackler and another). Very rare for our two clubs so just an isolated incident that got a bit heated.

Westys just too good in the end and got the much needed points 👍

Chump 🏆

Yes Silver all around that incident only. I believe a couple in the book (the tackler and another). Very rare for our two clubs so just an isolated incident that got a bit heated.

Westys just too good in the end and got the much needed points 👍

Chump 🏆
Yes Chump, you are correct. Two WB reports and suspect several weeks for both. I think the 2nd for striking.

Yeah West were lucky to get the win against a side largely unrecognizable to the powerhouse of last season.

Cheers
Silver

Yes Chump, you are correct. Two WB reports and suspect several weeks for both. I think the 2nd for striking.

Yeah West were lucky to get the win against a side largely unrecognizable to the powerhouse of last season.

Cheers
Silver
Yes silver - very different list this year for a host of reasons. I think we had about 7 or 8 today who played in the GF. We have a few more to come back and will rebuild ok - just a bit of an odd year for availability for us even with those that are playing. Anyway, that happens and you play with what you have and West too good today and deserved the 4 points 👍

Chump 🏆

Close game at Victoria Park yesterday. Preston look like they have got some form post the bye, looks like they should have won yesterday looking at scoring shots.

I got a bloke at De La last year.

He stood by himself. And let fly. De La coach asked me at quarter time what the GO.

Let’s say the game was quieter after that.
Yes silver - very different list this year for a host of reasons. I think we had about 7 or 8 today who played in the GF. We have a few more to come back and will rebuild ok - just a bit of an odd year for availability for us even with those that are playing. Anyway, that happens and you play with what you have and West too good today and deserved the 4 points 👍

Chump 🏆
I think it's pathetic that Ivanhoe get fined for a melee when a player has been knocked out!
Beggars belief that the Ammos still have these archaic rules!
Wonder if some umpires still fine players for incorrect uniform!
Umpires do not have a feel for the game and some are actually proud of themselves when dishing out fines😡😡

I think it's pathetic that Ivanhoe get fined for a melee when a player has been knocked out!
Beggars belief that the Ammos still have these archaic rules!
Wonder if some umpires still fine players for incorrect uniform!
Umpires do not have a feel for the game and some are actually proud of themselves when dishing out fines😡😡
Fines for uniforms can come from be given after the ‘official’ VAFA photographer attends matches. You’ll notice the generally get around to most sections clubs throughout the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fines for uniforms can come from be given after the ‘official’ VAFA photographer attends matches. You’ll notice the generally get around to most sections clubs throughout the year.
Seriously??
A quick question if I may and if you know, how many fines are dished out to Prem A clubs?

11-0 before this weekend? Why such the urgent need for your u19’s? Will be glorious in September when Glen Eira go to water and miss out of promotion

19s had the week off and a chance for them to get some senior experience. Good for their development and good for the club.

12-0 now.

In my opinion (and what do l know), they are clear favourites. Depth is off the charts and I'll be surprised if they return to the division section for some time.

Seems to me the combine think they are that good that they can rest senior players and play the kids when they feel like it
9 senior players unavailable. Don't you read previous comments or are you just another of the haters? Seems so. Apart from that both under 19 sides had a bye.

2023 Mid Year Review - Finals Chances

Glen Eira - Clearly the best side in division 1 this year, yet to watch them live but the ladder speaks for itself. I would respect them a lot more if it wasn’t for a certain few on this thread who constantly complain.

Oakleigh - My Krushers, A club with hopes to make the jump to premier football back in November and boy are they delivering. With 2 star forwards leading the way, they’ll be hard to stop in 2 months time.

Payran - not sure what to make of the 2 blues. Have been very up and down. I don’t hear much about them but with a huge win on the weekend and supposedly multiple ‘guns’ being brought in this season they have set up nicely to lock themselves in the 4.

Therry Penola - At their best they are clearly flag favourites but dropping a game to Preston and Peninsula twice does this cost them a spot in September? I hope not, they are a very enjoyable young side to watch.

UHS - I personally do not rate this club at all, Heard a few stories from Saturday v TP. Multiple accounts of umpire abuse and a crowd who abused players off their personal social media accounts about partners etc.
I don’t stand for abuse in any form of footy and for this I hope they fall apart.

Kew - What has happened to the bears? A young list with so much potential but they can’t seem to string it together. After failing many times to be promoted unfortunately it looks like another year they’ll fail.

Seriously??
A quick question if I may and if you know, how many fines are dished out to Prem A clubs?
I reckon you’ll find the Premier clubs don’t have an issue shelling out good coin for new jumpers each year.
Unfortunately this isn’t a luxury available to all clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back