D2 Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Lads,

Sorry to break up the banter.

I'm the D2 scribe for this year and at the moment, getting info from the clubs is like drawing blood from a stone, making the job of reporting factual information near impossible. If any of you feel comfortable in sharing a brief match report each week, (either the official report from the club or your own synopsis) or are in close contact with the man/women responsible, could you please kindly take down my email address and shoot me anything you consider newsworthy. Given the lack of info I'm currently receiving I can all but assure you it will be printed.

And for those of you worried about your club alliances being identified, fear not, all identity's will be kept confidential.

Many thanks,

Rich Hummerston - D2 Scribe
rich@scoopon.com.au

tips for rd 2
Prahran d St Leo's- 26 points
Eltham d Monash- 10 points
Bulleen d St Marys- 30 points
Therry d Paradians- 12 points
Souths d La Trobe- 15 points

Very tempted to select all home teams this week but think after some of the practice match results the Ants may have the Four Blues measure. Will abstain from a review until I know more about each of the teams.

Progressive 0/0

Eltham
v Latrobe - 24 points.
Prahran v Bulleen Temp - 8 points.
Monash v Sth Melb - 17 points.
Therry v Emmaus - 45 points.
Parade v St Mary's - 33 points.

Look forward to tomorrow and good luck all.

All home teams this week.

Progressive 4/5

Prahran v St Leo's - 18 points. Will be serious concerns down Prahran way if they can't win this won. St Leo's hard to judge after a big loss to an impressive Therry unit. With the four blues missing some big guns will only get up by a few goals.
Eltham v Monash - 3 points. Match of the round. Both teams coming off strong wins and this game will determine how good they are and if they are contenders. Eltham seem to share it a lot between them, but against not much opposition. Interesting Ciavola kicked 5 and didn't get named in the best. Almost tempted to pick Monash here but at the Turtles home ground they will get done... just.
Bulleen v St Marys - 33 points. Was a contender for match of the round but think Bulleen will be too strong for a young St Mary's side and whilst will be close for a few quarters, the Bullants will run over the top of them. With Florance and Cherbakof kicking a few last week(with other notable contributions) the Bullants have a winning forward line.
Therry v Paradians - 24 points. Parade will be dissappointed with their accuracy last week and don't think they will be far behind the leaders. But Therry will be top 1-2 contenders this year with what seems to be a very balanced team. Pell to continue with his good form.
Souths v La Trobe - 38 points. Could be a very important game come Round 18 to see who will be relegated. Neither team will want to be thinking this so early but who ever loses this will be in for a long year. Souths are a proud club and will want to improve from last week and run over the students this week.

Good luck to all.

Here's Johnny's tips for this week.

Prahran d St Leo's- 5 points
Eltham d Monash- 45 point
Buleen d St Marys- 62 points
Therry d Paradians- 38 points
Souths d La Trobe- 22 points

What planet are you living on Johnny?

If PA dont beat St Leo's by more than 5 goals, I will openly apologise to you on this forum next week. Same goes with you!

OK, PA have a couple of players out with injury, but please dont insult last years premiers. Last weeks loss to BT was an aberration...

Additionally, on what basis are you picking Eltham over Monash by 45 points?

I saw a little bit of the Monash game last week, and they appear to be a reasonable team. Stalwards like wells, baxter, mcconville and munro running around, you cannot predict the turtles to win by 8 goals!

They played against a set of witches hats like week!

WhoAmI?

If PA dont beat St Leo's by more than 5 goals, I will openly apologise to you on this forum next week. Same goes with you!

OK, PA have a couple of players out with injury, but please dont insult last years premiers. Last weeks loss to BT was an aberration...

I saw a little bit of the Monash game last week, and they appear to be a reasonable team. Stalwards like wells, baxter, mcconville and munro running around, you cannot predict the turtles to win by 8 goals!

They played against a set of witches hats like week!

WhoAmI?

I'll take the bait and back johnny up with his tip as there are a few injury concerns down at the gryphs. Leaders will need to lift them this week if they are to get over the line. Expecting a close one and should be match of the round.

I'll take the bait and back johnny up with his tip as there are a few injury concerns down at the gryphs. Leaders will need to lift them this week if they are to get over the line. Expecting a close one and should be match of the round.

Righteo Johnny and Top4 - lets have a go then....

Monash - +18.5 against Eltham
PA - -30.5 against Leo's

Top4 - you sound like a pesamistic monash supporter! Making excuses about injuries.

EVERY TEAM HAS INJURIES - ASK PA! But we dont make excuses.....

WhoAmI?
I have a sneaky suspicion that Eltham might be the second best team in the comp behind BT. And just above Therry.
Johnny's prediction after round 1 is that these 3 will fill the top 3 spots on the ladder come years end.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Eltham might be the second best team in the comp behind BT. And just above Therry.
Johnny's prediction after round 1 is that these 3 will fill the top 3 spots on the ladder come years end.

Johnny, previous comments from yourself suggested you were nothing other than a Gryphon fan. After your latest posts, I am beginning to think you have burnt the gryph jumper and now wear a turtle jumper?

Hmmmmm Johnny you are a quiet suspicious and inconsistent poster....

But after doing some research and seeing your name littered over the D3 forum in 2011, still confident you get down to east caufield reserve on the weekends! :D

You're too clever Einstein. Keep buying the Sunday HS until you find the paper that shows both teams losing by 100!!! Might cost you a bit.

Whoami/numeral ned has you hook line and sinker. He is not from PA and is a troll. Ignore him and he will eventually go away. (I await some false denials)

Round 1 Preview

Gryphs over South by 11 Pts (Many visiting teams unfamiliar with East Caulfield Reserve will find the oddly shaped ground difficult to master. Monash to be a little bit smarter in the clinches and get the four points that may prove all the difference in the world come August. Harry Madden to be prominent for the victors).
Old Paradians over SMS by 65 Pts (This is the sort of game that could propel The Saints’ percentage into the doldrums for the season. The combine will throw everything at the home team but will be completely outclassed in the end).
Therry over Emmaus by 47 Pts (Ditto the Parade fixture, I cannot see this going either way, even if I believe Duncan’s men are set for a good season, I doubt anyone will beat the Penola boys at Fawkner in 2012).
Trobers over Turtles by 26 Pts (Many are selecting this as one of the tougher games to pick for the opening round, but I feel that Latrobe will show a far superior skill level and look more threatening when moving forward. Any Alan Sutherland coached team will certainly make them earn it though. Could be tight contest for three quarters).
Prahran over Bulleen by 10 Pts (This one rightly deserves the match of the day billing as the four blues unfurl their Premiership flag of 2011. No doubt Bulleen will fancy their chances and look to spoil the party, but Prahran know how to win the close ones and will do enough whilst perhaps not achieving their best structures).

Round 1 Review

A less accurate call could only be surpassed by Rex Hunt on Crystal Meth…2/5 had me reeling, the only saving grace being that many other pundits mis-calculated the form of some as well,

It is a matter of debate as to which result was the most astounding, but I favour the magnitude of the demolition of Prahran by Bullen-Temp. Some gave them a chance, others said they would win, but no one thought they would annihilate the Four Blues on their home patch. Premiership hangover perhaps, but I’m not sure that a full strength Prahran outfit of 2011 would’ve reversed that result. Paul Florance and Kristian Cherbakof were amongst the most prominent for the visitors.

Are the Turtles that good or are Latrobe that bad? I suspect a bit of both as Eltham were ultra-impressive with their two wins led by John Galvin & co, but three goals in two matches in front of their home fans was not the start even the ‘doomsdayers’ were predicting for the students from Bundoora.

The other major surprise was the disappointing display from Parade and great early form from the youngsters at SMS. Very few gave St Mary’s a chance and bad kicking didn’t help the Raiders, but this contest was effectively over at half time thanks to stellar performances from Sid Jones and Jack Flynn.

At East Caulfield Reserve, the Gryphs got the job done with ease against a lacklustre Sth Districts and Therry (as expected) were far too strong for Emmaus at JP Fawkner.

Round 2 Preview

Prahran over Emmaus by 5 Pts (I shall give the Four Blues one more chance before I drop off them completely. No doubt a new coach means new gameplans and structures and this may take a while to get used to, however, do not expect another performance of the like of last week. On the other hand, Emmaus were hardly impressive either in going down by 80 points, but back at home will be hard to toss).
Turtles over the Gryphons by 2 Pts (I reckon this may be the closest one of the round and the home ground advantage is the only thing that sways me in Eltham’s direction. The Gryphons unveiled a host of new recruits last week in an effort to bolster their spine and their forward line looks as good as ever. The Turtles seem to have a most miserly defence, so this may not be a high scoring affair. Eltham just).
Bulleen over SMS by 31 Pts (Even though St Mary’s impressed last week, Bulleen-Templestowe had no peer in their football lesson at Toorak Park. I suspect this to be even in the first half, but the Bullants to pull clear in the Premiership Quarter).
Therry over Parade by 16 Pts (One has not heard much from the boys north of the city so far this season and this may prove a real blessing as they quietly go about their business. Therry may in fact be one of the strongest sides in the division with players of the calibre of Luke ‘killer’ Kowalski and Mick Pell making sure of their structures being implemented. Parade were most disappointing last time out, but scoring shots suggest they may have been better than at first glance. I expect this to be closer than many, but class should prevail).
Sth Dist. over Latrobe by 48 Pts (No one could select the Trobers after their performance against the Turtles, but Districts were only marginally better. The word from Lindsay Hassett, however, was that South had a few out and if that is the case, improvement is expected. Can only see this going one way).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Evening Lads,

Sorry to break up the banter.

I'm the D2 scribe for this year and at the moment, getting info from the clubs is like drawing blood from a stone, making the job of reporting factual information near impossible. If any of you feel comfortable in sharing a brief match report each week, (either the official report from the club or your own synopsis) or are in close contact with the man/women responsible, could you please kindly take down my email address and shoot me anything you consider newsworthy. Given the lack of info I'm currently receiving I can all but assure you it will be printed.

And for those of you worried about your club alliances being identified, fear not, all identity's will be kept confidential.

Many thanks,

Rich Hummerston - D2 Scribe
rich@scoopon.com.au
Don't expect a thing out of us mate. You can't sledge clubs week in week out and then expect clubs to be forthcoming with information. You'll probably use it against us!

Tips round 2:
Eltham d Monash- 21 points
Prahran d St Leo's- 41 points
Therry d Paradians- 5 points
Souths d La Trobe- 51 points
Bulleen d St Mary's- 34 points

Good luck to all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shames me to see some young jester trolling the internet under the cover of "Bails 2008" pretending to be the infamous Aaron "bails" Bailey of SMS circa 2011. First of all I have met the great man and happen to know for a fact he was not born in 2008, and if you've put in that number in reference to his waistline then I'll have you know that that's highly offensive and immature. Secondly, the great man is fully aware that his lack of game plan and minimal football knowledge are defining characteristics of his laid back and comical nature. There is no way that such a man would ever be baited into replying to posts from bags of sh*t such as nickthepoetjaneo, so would you kindly please stop trying to pose as him especially seeing as though the real bails bailey wouldn't know how to set his alarm clock let alone hop on such a stupid site and defend himself.

Anyways I've a prediction on the top 4: therry, BT, eltham and prahran.
thoughts?

polis.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Emmaus St Leos vs Prahran Expect the True Blues to bounce back with a vengence this week and ESL to feel the brunt.
Old Eltham vs Monash Gryphons Said last week that the Turtles had recruited extremely well and this will show again at the Gryp's expense.
St Marys Salesian vs Bulleen Templestowe Two surprise winners from Round 1 and this will tell where they are at.
Old Paradians vs Therry Penola As mentioned last week I am concerned about the Raiders recruiting and they are most likely to struggle again.
South Melbourne vs La Trobe University Fancy the Red-and-Whites may be a little more advanced at this stage for the scholars.

Progressive 2/5

Eltham d Monash- 10 points
Prahran d St Leo's- 18 points
Therry d Paradians- 28 points
Souths d La Trobe- 80 points
Bulleen d St Mary's- 28 points

another 4/5 tips!! Disappointed with the Therry result but a good comeback from parade after last week.

this weeks early tips:

Parade to beat St Leos by 40
BT over monash in a tight one by 12 points ( Match of the round)
Therry to rebound in a big way over Sth Melb by 10 goals
St Marys by 8 goals over la trobe
Eltham by 6 goals over Prahran

should be an interesting round

Its awfully quiet on here. Can almost hear the crickets chirping. I think Numeral Ned is Red-carded. Where are you WhoamI?

Mad Monday, didn't you hear.......... THEIR BACK!!

Very humble lot down there at PA.

Can't wait for Eltham to get hold of them this week.

I realise it's still early days but I'm ready to make the call; I think with the exception of the bookends this is probably the most even comp I've seen in awhile. At this stage anyone from 1st to 8th have a strong shot of making the finals. I expect it to be a tough year for the tipsters with the results not being so straight forward.

Well Al, I didn't get to see the game but I reckon Parade were a bit "off" round 1 and expect a big season from them.

In saying that, disappointing effort from Therry who I dare say would of fancied their chances of going 2 zip. Not close enough to the inner club to shed any more light on it unfortunately. Working Saturdays at the moment.

What about your boys? Whoever that is?

I realise it's still early days but I'm ready to make the call; I think with the exception of the bookends this is probably the most even comp I've seen in awhile. At this stage anyone from 1st to 8th have a strong shot of making the finals. I expect it to be a tough year for the tipsters with the results not being so straight forward.

I am having trouble making a case for either Souths (beat a struggling Latrobe outfit who havent fired a shot yet) and SMS who were comprehensively belted on their own turf. I hope I am wrong and it is a competitive section. Great to see the banter on Bigfooty but would love to hear more about the best players for each side. Who was best for BT half-back?

I am having trouble making a case for either Souths (beat a struggling Latrobe outfit who havent fired a shot yet) and SMS who were comprehensively belted on their own turf. I hope I am wrong and it is a competitive section. Great to see the banter on Bigfooty but would love to hear more about the best players for each side. Who was best for BT half-back?

With Souths I am not ready to write them off yet. I think they'll surprise some mid tier teams and at this stage think they're only about 5 goals off the pace. They can improve and make that up as the season goes on.

Both teams you have mentioned have played BT who at this stage look like they are far above everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back