D2 Division 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, running directly through an unbalanced player not paying attention, off the ball, during a dead play is NOT the same as jumper punches and quickies to the gut. What planet are you living on?
Mate, just because you're punching someone in the face while you're holding their jumper doesn't mean it's not a punch.
You could break someone's nose and if some one is prone to concussion you will still knock them out.

What planet are you living on?

I'm not saying one is worse than the other. They should all be banned.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate, just because you're punching someone in the face while you're holding their jumper doesn't mean it's not a punch.
You could break someone's nose and if some one is prone to concussion you will still knock them out.

What planet are you living on?

I'm not saying one is worse than the other. They should all be banned.

How many broken jaws and serious injuries have you seen from a jumper punch? How many have you seen from dropping blokes when they’re not looking? I know I’ve seen very little of the former and plenty of the latter. Two players going at a wrestle and throwing a jumper punch is consensual argy bargy, what the parade bloke did is completely different.

Pretty disturbing how much the Parade folk are talking this incident down. Gaff didn’t intend to hurt anyone and he got 8 weeks.

How many broken jaws and serious injuries have you seen from a jumper punch? How many have you seen from dropping blokes when they’re not looking? I know I’ve seen very little of the former and plenty of the latter. Two players going at a wrestle and throwing a jumper punch is consensual argy bargy, what the parade bloke did is completely different.

Pretty disturbing how much the Parade folk are talking this incident down. Gaff didn’t intend to hurt anyone and he got 8 weeks.
Not playing down anything. You just don't understand. Being bumped after a goal along with punches and everything else that goes on is what's wrong with the game. The bumps happen in every game. Someone stuffs up anywhere on the ground. The opposition get into him.
It continues to happen in the AFL and until they ban it all it'll continue to happen through every grade in the country. Unfortunately what happened is the norm in AFL.
That's all I'm done.
Good luck to both teams on Sunday

Can the VAFA give any assurances that me and my young son will be safe to attend the GF as spectators?

I usually strap a helmet on the little fella incase of a stray footy, but now I'm fearful of a suspended Kandalakis knocking him out while standing on the sidelines.

S
Not playing down anything. You just don't understand. Being bumped after a goal along with punches and everything else that goes on is what's wrong with the game. The bumps happen in every game. Someone stuffs up anywhere on the ground. The opposition get into him.
It continues to happen in the AFL and until they ban it all it'll continue to happen through every grade in the country. Unfortunately what happened is the norm in AFL.
That's all I'm done.
Good luck to both teams on Sunday

Since when does someone getting knocked unconscious in the AFL go unpunished?

Last edited:
I was broadly commenting on the incident, because the first I saw of it was on the now deleted video. That's why my comments were vague. Nothing in the footage conclusively shows how he was knocked out does it ? It doesn't show definitive contact to the head. Is it probable that he contacted his head ? Yes i reckon it is, but the player might have sustained his concussion from something other than a knock, such as a whiplash or hitting his head on the deck. Saad from Essendon was concussed more through whiplash than contact I believe as an example.

There is no scientific evidence that helmets reduce the chance of concussion by the way. They may lesson the impact slightly, and reduce head wounds for players like Selwood and others who cut open easier than others, but as concussion involves trauma inside the head, they provide minimal assistance. A bit like shoulder strapping for someone with a history of AC joint issues. I'm only commenting on that as a response to you suggesting he might be harder to knock out, not to prove a point one way or the other about this incident.

Just because I have a different opinion doesn't make me right, and it doesn't make me wrong. You call my comments "bizarre", well there has been just as many others doing the same, with wild conspiracy theories about hiding video evidence and the club refusing to cooperate which I'm certain no one on here knows for sure, including me.

The shame for me is that it's taken the focus on what will hopefully be a great grand final, and that Old Paradians are now apparently the biggest thugs in VAFA football, which is completely untrue

I'm well aware of the shortcomings of helmets, was just putting out a few arguments which I think are equally as suitable as yours. It's just an interesting defence you used, how would you feel if you were the WF player and the argument being used to defend Parade was bad luck but you are predisposed to that happening? If he is predisposed to that happening then you'd think the captain would know better than to make that kind of contact anywhere near the head. By the way I doubt you would know anything about that WF player's concussion history, but even after saying you're not going to spread rumours and heresay you've done exactly that, which was kind of the point I was making.

My heart bleeds for you that you think the focus is off the grand final and that Old Paradians has to deal with the thuggery tag. But it's happened because of this act of "great guy" Kandilakis and not because of the helmet situation or anything else in my opinion.

Can someone pass on that the Jetstar spring sale ends at 11.59pm tonight. I wouldn’t want him missing out on a special like that.

Apparently really good deals that allow you to fly back in May to start preseason.

Opinion or is that the word from HQ?
Opinion only, but I like to think it’s somewhat educated.

It’s obviously not a strike, or a kick, and bumps tend to be graded as URP. The end result being concussion is something both players have to deal with.

It's just an interesting defence you used, how would you feel if you were the WF player and the argument being used to defend Parade was bad luck but you are predisposed to that happening?

For the 100th time, I didn't see it until the video was posted. I didn't know if he ran in from 20 metres, or 10 metres, or was standing right next to him. If he bumped him, punched him or whatever. I didn't know if he ran at Kandilakis and he bumped the WF player as a retaliation. Now that i have seen the incident, I can make a more informed comment.

Can the VAFA give any assurances that me and my young son will be safe to attend the GF as spectators?

I usually strap a helmet on the little fella incase of a stray footy, but now I'm fearful of a suspended Kandalakis knocking him out while standing on the sidelines.
The comedy festival finished a few months ago. Shame i missed your show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comedy festival finished a few months ago. Shame i missed your show.

You should have seen Kandalakis' it was a "knock out hit"

I can't remember what he called his act, think it might have been "dog act"?

Last edited:
Can someone pass on that the Jetstar spring sale ends at 11.59pm tonight. I wouldn’t want him missing out on a special like that.

Apparently really good deals that allow you to fly back in May to start preseason.

Maybe when old mate Koschitzke wakes up remind him Whitefriars are still in D2 next year.

Maybe when old mate Koschitzke wakes up remind him Whitefriars are still in D2 next year.

I'll leave that to your captain

Can be his first letter from prison

100% I'd be upset. And I don't condone it. As per what I said previously along with what Mihocek said unfortunately That's Football. Jumper punches for no reason. Continuous bumps and little swings to the gut for no reason. Happens on the daily in the AFL. It's Barbaric and the worst part of our game.
But unfortunately it's a part of the game.
If that same bump happened in the AFL they'd say reckless. No head high contact. Didn't jump off the ground while performing the act. Pay a fine. And excuse the expression. Peanuts for what those blokes make.
(Obviously who knows what the AFL would say but what I'm trying to say is it'll just keep happening and happening until they completely stamp it out)

Lol, in the AFL he’d be looking at a minimum of 3 weeks and would be referred directly to the tribunal as Nathan Brown was for a far less disgraceful act

gee, some absolute dribble on here from friars , and the carry on at highgate was just as embarrassing. even the uni high supporters who stuck around to watch the game were laughing at some of your antics. hope you didn't trash the change rooms like you did at the garvey earlier on in the year.

would've been good if friars showed a bit more of that fight on sunday as you played like petrified footballers for 3 quarters. perhaps that explains the personal vendetta to crucify someone for a bump when the anger lies deep within because your players went missing from 2-4:30pm

gee, some absolute dribble on here from friars , and the carry on at highgate was just as embarrassing. even the uni high supporters who stuck around to watch the game were laughing at some of your antics. hope you didn't trash the change rooms like you did at the garvey earlier on in the year.

would've been good if friars showed a bit more of that fight on sunday as you played like petrified footballers for 3 quarters. perhaps that explains the personal vendetta to crucify someone for a bump when the anger lies deep within because your players went missing from 2-4:30pm

How many weeks do OP think Kandalakis will get internally?

And will you be bringing in a coward in a "like for like" swap?

he'll be leading the side out on sunday , and hopefully to a flag

haha .... no wonder you blokes haven't played in a final series since 2003. flogs

he'll be leading the side out on sunday , and hopefully to a flag

haha .... no wonder you blokes haven't played in a final series since 2003. flogs
Maybe direct him to the Jetstar sales posted above because their is ZERO chance he will be leading the team out Sunday.

And whos insane idea was it to host a SUNDAY grand final.

Maybe direct him to the Jetstar sales posted above because their is ZERO chance he will be leading the team out Sunday.

And whos insane idea was it to host a SUNDAY grand final.

He can lead them from the rooms, but he'll have to stop at the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back