D3 Division 3 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
noticed martin pike running around for powerhouse on the weekend against kew? wonder if this will this be a regular occurance or just a once off?

noticed martin pike running around for powerhouse on the weekend against kew? wonder if this will this be a regular occurance or just a once off?

I know I've asked this before... But doesn't that mean he's not getting paid a cent? Pretty sweet deal for Powerhouse if that's the case.

Wamba how do you rate the Gryphons. 6-1 yet dont seem to be taken seriously as a threat to the top 2?

Gryphons a very good side Johnny and one of the main challengers. Obviously they were too good for us on the day the other week.

Fletcher's probably the best of the midfield and you have two good key defenders in Wells and number 70 something and Baxter with the run but the thing that makes Gryphons a threat is the number of blokes who can kick goals (Malloy, MCConville, Malone and the blond bloke no.14 with the long arms).

Gryphs are right in there with a chance.

Gryphons a very good side Johnny and one of the main challengers. Obviously they were too good for us on the day the other week.

Fletcher's probably the best of the midfield and you have two good key defenders in Wells and number 70 something and Baxter with the run but the thing that makes Gryphons a threat is the number of blokes who can kick goals (Malloy, MCConville, Malone and the blond bloke no.14 with the long arms).

Gryphs are right in there with a chance.

Good team Monash, play their ground so well, was in sensational cond unlike our ground. Mtl had 3 late outs sat and had to pull 3 up from the magoos who had chased hard all day in that game. Regardless Monash by far the best team that I have played against this season.

took a stroll down to park street yesterday to watch prahran v west brunswick. prahran are going to be very hard to beat, the side they had on the park yesterday was unbelievable for D3 and i believe they still have a few to come back in.
also had a quick glimpse across the road at UHSVU v albert park. good win for albert park but this game looked like a reserve grade game in comparison to the other game.
i heard that the coach of albert park was reported for abuse? if true what a w***er!

I also went to this game and was told their CHB and on-baller ( Chapman I think ) were not playing & are normally walk-up starters. Game was over by 1/2 time but WB were competitive 2nd half and had a couple of handy talls. Problem was like the other teams PA have played they couldn't contain their key forwards even on the heavy ground.

I also went to this game and was told their CHB and on-baller ( Chapman I think ) were not playing & are normally walk-up starters. Game was over by 1/2 time but WB were competitive 2nd half and had a couple of handy talls. Problem was like the other teams PA have played they couldn't contain their key forwards even on the heavy ground. Today 14:02I also went to this game and was told their CHB and on-baller ( Chapman I think ) were not playing & are normally walk-up starters. Game was over by 1/2 time but WB were competitive 2nd half and had a couple of handy talls. Problem was like the other teams PA have played they couldn't contain their key forwards even on the heavy ground. Today 14:02
I also went to this game and was told their CHB and on-baller ( Chapman I think ) were not playing & are normally walk-up starters. Game was over by 1/2 time but WB were competitive 2nd half and had a couple of handy talls. Problem was like the other teams PA have played they couldn't contain their key forwards even on the heavy ground.

West Brunswick also had Haysey out who has been a good player for a long time.

He's our Capt. and a very good player. Were missing our VC too after he was KOd against Gryphs. No excuses though, Prahran were a good side and we couldn't contain their #21 no matter who we put back on him. Delivery to him was excellent.

Fosters - named after your favourite beer? May well be an indication of your poor judgement.

I can only go on 10 years of watching the same umpires from the same clubs but i will reserve my judgement as it clearly benefits no-one to continually criticise the volunteers that enable us to play each week.

Bemused...I understand your support of volunteers who put in their time and effort to support grass roots football...HOWEVER...

I have no issues with umpires making MISTAKES. Players do that all the time and so do umpires.

My issue is with blatant cheating by CLUB umpires to get their team over the line.

That not only upsets the clubs but more importantly upsets and frustrates the players of BOTH SIDES and does nothing to help and support the game.

Bemused...I understand your support of volunteers who put in their time and effort to support grass roots football...HOWEVER...

I have no issues with umpires making MISTAKES. Players do that all the time and so do umpires.

My issue is with blatant cheating by CLUB umpires to get their team over the line.

That not only upsets the clubs but more importantly upsets and frustrates the players of BOTH SIDES and does nothing to help and support the game.[/QUOTE

There is a simple way to fix this and the perception - simply send the club appointed umpires to games to which their club is not competing in. I believe the VAFA were contemplating doing this a few years ago....not sure what happened to this.

That not only upsets the clubs but more importantly upsets and frustrates the players of BOTH SIDES and does nothing to help and support the game.[/QUOTE

There is a simple way to fix this and the perception - simply send the club appointed umpires to games to which their club is not competing in. I believe the VAFA were contemplating doing this a few years ago....not sure what happened to this.

That is the case in A, B and C grade. Thank god the VAFA appreaciate that most clubs in the lower grades have club umpires that are President/Secretary/Treasurer/Committee of their side, and wouldn't umpire at all if they had to go to another ground.

That is the case in A, B and C grade. Thank god the VAFA appreaciate that most clubs in the lower grades have club umpires that are President/Secretary/Treasurer/Committee of their side, and wouldn't umpire at all if they had to go to another ground.

As I am not involved at a club level, is this the case at most clubs?
If it is, then surely it's human nature to favour your side. If everyone is of the view that they would not get umpires if they had to go elsewhere, then I am not sure what you guys expect.
Lower your expectations and except it is what it is and stop whinging, as in all reality you've excepted it's too hard to fix the 'perceived' problem.
Lastly, I was of the opinion that these guys would get paid for their services?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I am not involved at a club level, is this the case at most clubs?
If it is, then surely it's human nature to favour your side. If everyone is of the view that they would not get umpires if they had to go elsewhere, then I am not sure what you guys expect.
Lower your expectations and except it is what it is and stop whinging, as in all reality you've excepted it's too hard to fix the 'perceived' problem.
Lastly, I was of the opinion that these guys would get paid for their services?

We don't pay our reserves umpires. Also none of our volunteer umpires would go umpire at another game. They do their job in the resies then enjoy watching their club seniors. Have you tried to hire a reserves umpire?

You can't complain about the ressie umpires that volunteer, but you can for the ones that get paid.

You can't complain about the ressie umpires that volunteer, but you can for the ones that get paid.

I would imagine that the vast majority aren't paid and at Power House they definitely aren't - I say they because there are 5 of them so whoever wants to tee off at our ressies umpire, well who knows which one you're talking about. What I do know is that they are all honest citizens and have all played the game.

I would imagine that the vast majority aren't paid and at Power House they definitely aren't - I say they because there are 5 of them so whoever wants to tee off at our ressies umpire, well who knows which one you're talking about. What I do know is that they are all honest citizens and have all played the game.

on the weekend the powerhouse ressies ump could have easily paid a free kick to them in the goal square in the final 30 seconds of the game that most likely would have most likely won them the game but didn't.....

its a tough un-rewarding job that at our level most clubs struggle to find people to do.....so give them a break...

on the weekend the powerhouse ressies ump could have easily paid a free kick to them in the goal square in the final 30 seconds of the game that most likely would have most likely won them the game but didn't.....

its a tough un-rewarding job that at our level most clubs struggle to find people to do.....so give them a break...

This is exactly my point. This guy paid it as he saw it...not paid it in favour of HIS team.

I have no issue with club umpires...I do have an issue with cheating club umpires

It's the blatant cheats who favour their own team that need to be stamped out...and we all know who they are...

He's our Capt. and a very good player. Were missing our VC too after he was KOd against Gryphs. No excuses though, Prahran were a good side and we couldn't contain their #21 no matter who we put back on him. Delivery to him was excellent.

G'day Redgum - How is the bloke that was taken away in the Ambulance a couple of weeks back?

Hopefully all is well and the injury hasnt effected his family/work.

This is exactly my point. This guy paid it as he saw it...not paid it in favour of HIS team.

I have no issue with club umpires...I do have an issue with cheating club umpires

It's the blatant cheats who favour their own team that need to be stamped out...and we all know who they are...

Er....you could lodge an inquiry letter to the VAFA. It'll cost money though. (what else is new?) Like a reserves report. Im sure Brian Goodman would like to hear. The association pays clubs a rebate to provide reserves umpires....go on, give 'em an excuse to withdraw that rebate.

Just remember, these clubs cannot take their umpire into the finals.

Good to see Francis getting amongst it for the Hoes of late. The big boddies are what you need heading into finals.

Do you mean like a rubber stamp on their credentials that says CHEAT in big bold letters?

Oh how I try and support these selfless fellows who each week brave the wet, the mud, the abuse - THE CONFLICT OF INTEREST!

It seems the weight of opinion is sliding out of my favour. When I used to umpire there were no yellow or red cards - it was just a little note pad shoved in your jockstrap. And if it came to it - head to head, toe to toe with an agressive perpetrator. Stand your ground and earn your respect was what we were taught long before Benny Goodman was out of his diapers.

As for cheating that was reserved for the early hours of Sunday Morning.

If this is true what DEE FREE says (and others, not only through this electronic medium we all hide behind these days to speak our mind for fear of retribution from the powers that be) YOU UMPIRES OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

But until somone can show me hard video evidence, posted on one of the more reputable online video hosts, I WILL REMAIN LOYAL TO MY FELLOW MEN and WOMEN IN WHITE

LONG PROSPER THE WHISTLE BLOWERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE CLUBS
Now I wonder what Mick Malthouse would say about all of this?

Do you mean like a rubber stamp on their credentials that says CHEAT in big bold letters?

Oh how I try and support these selfless fellows who each week brave the wet, the mud, the abuse - THE CONFLICT OF INTEREST!

It seems the weight of opinion is sliding out of my favour. When I used to umpire there were no yellow or red cards - it was just a little note pad shoved in your jockstrap. And if it came to it - head to head, toe to toe with an agressive perpetrator. Stand your ground and earn your respect was what we were taught long before Benny Goodman was out of his diapers.

As for cheating that was reserved for the early hours of Sunday Morning.

If this is true what DEE FREE says (and others, not only through this electronic medium we all hide behind these days to speak our mind for fear of retribution from the powers that be) YOU UMPIRES OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

But until somone can show me hard video evidence, posted on one of the more reputable online video hosts, I WILL REMAIN LOYAL TO MY FELLOW MEN and WOMEN IN WHITE

LONG PROSPER THE WHISTLE BLOWERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE CLUBS
Now I wonder what Mick Malthouse would say about all of this
?

No wonder the umpiring is so shit.

Okay back to the footy. My tips for Round 8 are

YV v the Gryphs- Haven't seen Yarra Valley yet and they sit with Gryphs at 5-1 so hard to make an informed judgement. Yarra ran Prahran close at Domeney while the Gryphs went down comfortably to Prahran at Toorak Park. Based on that and it being Yarra's home ground, I'll tip them by 5 goals.

Ivanhoe vs West Brunswick-West Brunswick were impressive with their run last week and are right in the mix with all of the other sides closely grouped together. The Hoes showed their best form for the year so far last week but will need to be right at their best to take West Brunswick-Hoes by 15 points.

Mt Lilydale v Kew-Kew have played some good footy this year and have been unlucky not to have won more games. On form they are a match for Mt Lilydale but the home ground advantage does seem a big one. Mt Lilydale by 4 goals.

Albert Park v Elsternwick-Albert park are a dangerous side with plenty of scoring power. Muscat was back among the goals last week and with he Malone and potentially Murchie up forward they will have too much for Elsternwick who must be starting to worry they are drifting too far south. AP by 30 points.

Powerhouse v Prahran-Edwardes pulled another game out of the fire last week for the House and as Pike plays more, he must be a significant asset for the Lakesiders. However they are up against the best in the business to this point. Prahran by 50 points.

Hawthorn v UHS-A disappointing week for both sides last round. Despite last week, Hawthorn still have plenty to offer and i'll tip them in a close one by 5 points over Uni.

Here are my tips. Progrssive a poor 22 out of 36.

Monash 11 points
Yarra 70 points
Hawthorn 12 points
UHS 28 points
Prahran 62 points
Power House 13 points

Have a great weekend.

Progressive - 26 out of 42.

Tips for this week

Yarra Valley 27 points
Ivanhoe 28 points
Mt Lilydale 8 points