D3 Division 3 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both blokes would have got more if they fronted so took the early plea - it's on the VAFA website. As for contesting on principle .... give us all a break [for a puff] :rolleyes:

If you were at the game and saw the "incidents" and are now defending the reports, then heaven help us all.

Pray tell us all why they took the penalty then?

Father, father up above give me strength for one more shove! [Puff, Puff]:p

Well Nikko, I can tell you at training last night the whole playing group was bitterly disappointed that they guys took the prescribed penalties. Your boundary umpire and the player involved both said after the game that there was nothing in it and they would be happy to be witnesses at the tribunal. Monday came around and the pres couldn't get onto any of them so the powers at be convinced the boys to accept the prescribed penalty.
I personally would have risked the extra week on princple.
Just one question mate, were you there?
That is all from me on this subject!

Well Nikko, I can tell you at training last night the whole playing group was bitterly disappointed that they guys took the prescribed penalties. Your boundary umpire and the player involved both said after the game that there was nothing in it and they would be happy to be witnesses at the tribunal. Monday came around and the pres couldn't get onto any of them so the powers at be convinced the boys to accept the prescribed penalty.
I personally would have risked the extra week on princple.
Just one question mate, were you there?
That is all from me on this subject!

Puff, Puff this is my final word/s. Was there. Saw both. Little bloke had no hope of getting off, stupid thing to do. The big fella, glad I wasn't on him, chucked our bloke 3 miles after he dummied & handballed. Yes, while having a sly one around the back of the sheds I overheard the big fella say there was no way he was going to the tribunal so put it all together and you have 2 guilty players. As for our boundary saying anything ... puff, puff that's my arse gas!

Smoke that.

Puff, Puff this is my final word/s. Was there. Saw both. Little bloke had no hope of getting off, stupid thing to do. The big fella, glad I wasn't on him, chucked our bloke 3 miles after he dummied & handballed. Yes, while having a sly one around the back of the sheds I overheard the big fella say there was no way he was going to the tribunal so put it all together and you have 2 guilty players. As for our boundary saying anything ... puff, puff that's my arse gas!

Smoke that.

How did the big fella end up with the ball having a shot on goal if this was the case? If your mate dummied, then I guess he woud never of been tackled in the first place, and then, why would he handball straight to him? Strange, strange thing to do.
Overheard him in the sheds - stop inhaling your arse gas mate.
That is all.

How did the big fella end up with the ball having a shot on goal if this was the case? If your mate dummied, then I guess he woud never of been tackled in the first place, and then, why would he handball straight to him? Strange, strange thing to do.
Overheard him in the sheds - stop inhaling your arse gas mate.
That is all.

UHS player had free kick & tried to dummy around the big fella to the right - big fella didn't move & UHS player ran straight back into him and was tackled - he handballed it back to me. Using silky skills I ran off in a puff of smoke. As I drove the sherrin 65 downfield [didn't quite get it] the UHS players limp body came sailing past me!

Locksly: Any comment on the red card/report given to the UHS full back in the last quarter that reduced us to 17 against 18 when we were level?? Big Puff that one!

UHS player had free kick & tried to dummy around the big fella to the right - big fella didn't move & UHS player ran straight back into him and was tackled - he handballed it back to me. Using silky skills I ran off in a puff of smoke. As I drove the sherrin 65 downfield [didn't quite get it] the UHS players limp body came sailing past me!

Locksly: Any comment on the red card/report given to the UHS full back in the last quarter that reduced us to 17 against 18 when we were level?? Big Puff that one!

I had a pretty good look at it, and he started the tackle while the player was still in possession, but continued to sling him after he disposed of the ball. He probably could have avoided slinging him, but whether its a red card offense im not too sure.

In regards to the first red card you were referring to, I definately didnt see anything physical go down, but I just assumed it was for abusing the ump?? Maybe you can clarify what happened, seems like you know a little more about it

I had a pretty good look at it, and he started the tackle while the player was still in possession, but continued to sling him after he disposed of the ball. He probably could have avoided slinging him, but whether its a red card offense im not too sure.

In regards to the first red card you were referring to, I definately didnt see anything physical go down, but I just assumed it was for abusing the ump?? Maybe you can clarify what happened, seems like you know a little more about it

Why didn't the Hawks ump report him b/c it is supposed to automatic for a red? Player concerned was going to take the penalty. Is it a tactic like the old SMDistricts ump used? Send them off with a red then they can't be replaced & after the game let them off?

PS The only thing physical in that report was the man handling of the UHS full back who had front position. Yes it was again the big fella who used tactics [get arrested in Tassie for what he did] to take the mark. Everyone including my Hawks opponent thought the whistle was for the UHS free kick!

Puff Puff I'm taking a break for a few weeks.

G'day everyone on the D3 board, I'm moving into the Brunswick/Carlton area late in the year and will be in Melbourne town for Season 2012 but don't know much about the VAFA. I'm looking at the clubs in the area and around this level of footy and was wondering if you could give me a summary on two clubs - 1.West Brunswick and 2.UHSOB/VU. What kind of clubs are they? Differences? Similarities? Culture? Known for? What kind of blokes are they? Which one would you go for and why? Thanks for your time, looking fwd to reading your replies

G'day everyone on the D3 board, I'm moving into the Brunswick/Carlton area late in the year and will be in Melbourne town for Season 2012 but don't know much about the VAFA. I'm looking at the clubs in the area and around this level of footy and was wondering if you could give me a summary on two clubs - 1.West Brunswick and 2.UHSOB/VU. What kind of clubs are they? Differences? Similarities? Culture? Known for? What kind of blokes are they? Which one would you go for and why? Thanks for your time, looking fwd to reading your replies

Apparently the reserves umpire for UHSOB/VU doesn't do a great job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks that way at this point in time Johnny. These two teams have taken all before them so far and look to be the two stand outs for sure. If all remains the same - then you would expect these two to meet for the big dance.

Not great news for the hoes who have to play both - twice - in the last 9 rounds. Unlucky? maybe it will give us a chance to try and work them out a little if we are good enough to still make the finals? ;)

Chump.
Looking at the draw. UH only play Prahran and Yarra Valley only once. What luck for these guys. A shoe in to finish top 4.

Why didn't the Hawks ump report him b/c it is supposed to automatic for a red? Player concerned was going to take the penalty. Is it a tactic like the old SMDistricts ump used? Send them off with a red then they can't be replaced & after the game let them off?

PS The only thing physical in that report was the man handling of the UHS full back who had front position. Yes it was again the big fella who used tactics [get arrested in Tassie for what he did] to take the mark. Everyone including my Hawks opponent thought the whistle was for the UHS free kick!

Puff Puff I'm taking a break for a few weeks.

Let me state this before I ask this question, I wasn't at the game and haven't spoken to anyone about it but Nikko I have one simple question for you........if the tables were reversed, how would the boys at Uni High react if your players got three weeks for the incidents? Be honest please...

Let me state this before I ask this question, I wasn't at the game and haven't spoken to anyone about it but Nikko I have one simple question for you........if the tables were reversed, how would the boys at Uni High react if your players got three weeks for the incidents? Be honest please...

PS They each got 2 weeks.

Both would front the Conduct Committee & explain their actions [even though they pleaded guilty] as has the one from our Club 18. Presume all clubs hold players accountable for their actions?

Strange really, first Hawks email says they thought he umpired ok for the first 95 minutes but when the game was over he blew up?? Not sure what the fuss is about? They pleaded guilty ........ gone for a few weeks [don't interrupt my holidays please.

Puff, Puff - Out :footy:

PS They each got 2 weeks.

Both would front the Conduct Committee & explain their actions [even though they pleaded guilty] as has the one from our Club 18. Presume all clubs hold players accountable for their actions?

Strange really, first Hawks email says they thought he umpired ok for the first 95 minutes but when the game was over he blew up?? Not sure what the fuss is about? They pleaded guilty ........ gone for a few weeks [don't interrupt my holidays please.

Puff, Puff - Out :footy:

Nikko, sorry to interupt you sipping pina coladas on an exotic beach somewhere, but who does the Conduct Committee comprise of. Sounds like a great idea and I am not sure many clubs would have one. When a guy gets reported/suspended and fronts the committee, do they then impose another penalty? If so, what type?

C'mon all you D3 readers, jump on and give me some opinions please, I need some info and your input would be really appreciated. Thanks

On to Round 9:

Gryphs v Powerhouse-Powerhouse were impressive last game and but for a ten minute lapse at the end of the second, could have beaten Prahran. tempted to pick them against the Gryphs on their home ground but I'll go the Gryphs just by 3 points.

Elsternwick v West Brunswick-West Brunswick let the last one slip and although the ground won't suit them, I'll pick tehm over the Wicks by 3 goals.

Mt Lilydale v Hawthorn-A tough one to tip. The Hawks are a better side but the home ground advantage is steep. The Hawks by 10 points.

Albert park v Yarra Valley-Yarra comfortably by six goals.

Prahran v Ivanhoe- Could give you a lot of reasons why Prahran is on top but my loyalty overrides all of them. Hoes by 5 points.

Kew v Uni High-A real toss of the coin. Could be a slippery slide for Uni if they miss here but I'll stick with them this week. Uni by 12 points.

Round 8 Preview

Bushrangers over the Gryphons by 14 Pts (Certainly match of the day and as the predicted wet weather has not yet arrived, I expect an open free flowing game. Ryan Pollard will be blanketed most likely by Lee Wells, which may leave Simon Yeo as the deciding factor up forward for the home side. Yarra Valley will look to tag Matt Fletcher so the Gryphons forward entries are limited. If the Gryphs are a chance they will need something special from Kye Cherian up forward. Have to go with the home side in a tight affair).
Hoes over the Pies by 24Pts (I am one who rates the Westies a little higher than their lowly position. They have just endured a horror stretch of Yarra Valley followed by Gryphons then Prahran and were competitive in all three at times, almost knocking off Monash on their home patch. They have limited class but plenty of passion, so Ivanhoe would not want to be switched off for any significant period of time. Class should prevail though).
Rams over Kew by 13 Pts (Not sure if either team is playing well enough to win this one but have to select Mt Lilydale at home as they are proud enough to protect their home turf. Kew will struggle to kick any significant score on a ground that may be on the heavy side. Expect the Rams to make this a tough and torrid slog to the line if it is tight come the last quarter. Justin Roberts to do just enough to see his men through).
Falcons over the Wicks by 35Pts (Speaking of teams not good enough to win, one simply can’t select Elsternwick against anyone. Albert Park played arguably their most accountable football for the year with a great away win at Royal Park. If Dylan ‘Kevin’ Muscat can kick a half dozen again, the margin may be far greater).
Hawks over UHS-VU by 2 Pts (My head tell me to pick Uni High as they will come out breathing fire, but I get the feeling Hawthorn will also have endured a taxing week on the track and may be able to take the chocolates. The Hawks form has been harder to pick than a broken nose, but with big Dan Lauletta back, the spirit of previous conquest may be present with him. Hawks just? I will give them one more chance).
Four Blues over the House by 41 Pts (Not sure why I am tipping the House to cover the line, but I feel this is the sort of game where Prahran may go through the motions for much of time, play about 15 minutes of footy and kick a bunch of goals – a la Collingwood vs. the Crows. Will it be Christoforo or Sleight to kick a bag of goals?).

Round 8 Review

4/6 (32/48 Cumulative) was a reasonable effort considering the nature of this section – that of a duopoly and the rest. It is evident at the half way mark (almost) that unless we see a dramatic improvement from one of the other teams, we may as well play the Grand Final now as Prahran and Yarra Valley are that far ahead of the rest. Thankfully, football doesn’t always work to script and Messer’s Stone and Stafford will surely be working out ways to keep the hunger at fever pitch for their chargers in the lead up to August. Make no mistake the Bushrangers slaughtered Monash. The margin could’ve and probably should’ve been closer to 15 goals rather than 9 and the beauty for Yarra Valley is they had so many fine contributors rather than a stand out – Pollard’s, McCleary, Coutts, Savage etc…) – and are going to be mighty hard to beat no matter who their opponents are come finals. I would argue that less than 5 goals separates 3rd to 12th and that figure may be less than a goal if one analyses 6th to 12th. The Rams were very disappointing even at home as the Bears came to play and ran over them in the second half with Andy Brazzale starring up forward. The other minor surprise winners were the Wicks who held on in a thriller against Albert Park. I challenge anyone to come up with a iron clad reason for any of these 4 winning or losing on a given week. The Magpies were pretty competitive once again and may well be the best team out of the five, however, they sit last and many would argue that only a loon would make such a bold statement. The Hoes did just enough with Brent Richardson proving the difference. The Hawks were good at home against a Uni High outfit that are going into freefall and look the most likely to vacate the five in coming weeks. Finally, the Four Blues did as expected ‘go through the motions’ and relied on a burst to break open the game before half time. Powerhouse were good and may have beaten anyone but the top two with that performance, but that means precious little to Pikey and Richo and all the House faithful who desperately need a win.

Round 9 Preview

Gryphs over House by 25 Pts (The Gryphons are no world-beaters, but are a good, honest, hard at the ball side that find a way to beat those below them, especially at ECR. On that basis, you cannot tip against them. Clint Mackie to dominate in Dan Baxter’s 150th).
Pies over the Wicks by 16 Pts (West have played the top 4 in the last month and have been largely competitive in all. If they sustain a similar effort this weekend they will beat the Wicks comfortably. Somehow I think it will be close though. Matty Barron to continue his recent run of form).
Hawks over Rams by 6 Pts (Make no mistake, Mt Lilydale have been hit harder by injuries to key players than any other team in the competition and the weeks rest may just freshen up a few of their niggling injuries. Having said that, Hawthorn fancy themselves as the best side out of the five and are playing most accountable football after an belated start. The ground may be heavy if the rain comes and that is sure to keep this one close, but class should prevail).
Yarra Valley over The Falcons by 51 Pts (Complacency may be the only thing that could conceivably keep this tight, but the Bushrangers have winners on every line especially the brothers Pollard, Yeo & Trend. Bushrangers easily).
Prahran over Hoes by 61 Pts (We will find out just how much Ivanhoe have improved in the last month as they face the yardstick at Toorak Park. The Fourblues will probably drop a match like this sometime this year, but it’s not going to be Saturday. I’ll take Ben Furness for best afield)
UHS-VU over Kew by 5 Pts (This one may well be the closest contest of the day and I will give Boycey’s men one more go. Their form of late is slipping, but like Mt Lilydale will have benefitted from the week off to freshen up some of the battle weary. Kirk or Payne to prove too much for Kew).

Good luck to all

Quasi.

Welcome back everyone, hope you had a relaxing time off.

Monash Gyphons vs Power House
Elsternwick vs West Brunswick
Mt Lilydale vs Hawthorn
Albert Park vs Yarra Valley
Prahran vs Ivanhoe
Kew vs UHS-VU

Progressive 32 from 42

Yarra Valley v Monash Gryphons - 19 points.
Ivanhoe v West Brunswick - 35 points.
Mt Lilydale v Kew - 5 points.
Albert Park
v Elsternwick - 34 points.
Hawthorn v UHS-VU - 11 points.
Power House v Prahran Assumption - 63 points.

Progressive 35 from 48.

Getting tough to tip. Another 50% strike rate from me. Which doesn't say much for me as a tipster as we know Prahran and Yarra Valley and almost certainties each week.

Monash Gryphons v Power House - 28 points. Gryphons will be smarting from last game against YV. Would want to prove to doubters this week they are contenders for finals.

Elsternwick v West Brunswick - 17 points. Good win by the Wicks last week. Only 1% separate these teams with Elsternwick having very ordinary defence. Expect a shootout if weather permits. Still this Westies have had a tough few rounds and should be the better side here.

Mt Lilydale v Hawthorn - 33 points. I expect it to be shocking conditions at the college this weekend. Cold and muddy. MtL do play their ground well but don't think they have enough talent to get them across the line.

Albert Park v Yarra Valley - 45 points. Yarra Valley are an impressive unit and really the only contenders against Prahran. Too strong here against the best of the rest.

Prahran Assumption v Ivanhoe - 55 points. Ivanhoe have been a surprise. Whilst I didn't rate too highly they still keep chalking up the wins. Won't do them much good this week end with Prahran's engine room dominating.

Kew v UHS-VU - 14 points. My tips have been similar to Quasi as of late and I reckon I'm a chance to get away from him here. I haven't had much faith in Kew but this is a very winnable game for the not so in form UHS-VU.

Hopeless again Round 8 - Tipped 3 - Progressive 29 out of 48

Tips for this Week

Gryphons - 8 points - Going for 14 on the trott at home
Elsternwick - 20 points
Hawthorn - 18 points
Yarra V - 52 points
Praharan - 42 points
Uni - 15 points

Need a few 100% rounds to get back into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad