D3 Division 3 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wamba and mitchfc,

I am ASSURED by some other D3 clubs that they also had some key injuries last weekend and also throughout the season.

Prahran was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Yarra Valley was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
UHS-VU was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Elsternwick was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
Kew was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Hawthorn was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
West Brunswick was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Albert Park was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
Power House was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Mt Lilydale was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
Monash was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players

And just by coincidence, they all happened to be key position and crucial players to each teams structure...can you believe that???

mitchf, you have got to be kidding mate.
Stop embarassing yourself and your club on this forum!

"Ratana" querried the Wamba as to who was out and why he keeps mentioning it. I was just answering, from my perspective. How you take that is your business, doesn't bother me if you take it with a grain of salt.

However, the only bloke here embarrising themself is the loser who goes on internet forums dedicated to d3 ammo's footy and looks for slanging matches. wow, you know more about d3 footy than me. You know more about all footy than me actually! I don't know who you are, and don't care, but i'm sure if I'm lucky enough to meet you i'd be impressed.

Come on in fellas. The fishing on this forum is fantastic.

I caught myself a little mitchyfc...too small...I will just toss him back

See you in Round 16...you might have grown a little by then...

I see Prahran had Christoforo, McIntyre and Donahoo out. Does put saturday in some perspective.
Add Chapman, Furness, Northway, Adamson, Maya who I also saw run around the week before against YV and Wamba the picture may be even clearer. Most sides being tested with injuries at the moment and PA appear to be no exception. The next month list management will be crucial for finals contenders and I reckon PA will be happy with the 4 points from here on....still they don't appear to be the potent force they were earlier...

Come on in fellas. The fishing on this forum is fantastic.

I caught myself a little mitchyfc...too small...I will just toss him back

See you in Round 16...you might have grown a little by then...

Stock standard internet forum comeback... "gone fishing"
you stuck you're nose in, but you don't expect a response?

You're a tool, most blokes on here are either funny, or have something constructive to say about the footy. you're neither.

Better watch yourself, I have Glen Francis backing me up ;)

Add Chapman, Furness, Northway, Adamson, Maya who I also saw run around the week before against YV and Wamba the picture may be even clearer.

That adds even more weight Toorak. Can't say I know a lot about Chapman or Furness, but Adamson is solid at half back, small forwards who kick goals like Maya are always hard to find and I think Northway is a big out as he does a lot of the hard running and defensive work as an on baller. That is a lot of outs!!!!

That was the incident Wamba(at the end of third quarter).
Not too sure who cleaned up who but it was unfortunate for powerhouse as the little(very, as three Dee likes to say) midfielder was having a great game and did not return. That could have been the differene at the end.

johnny,

havent heard from you much this week?

Still licking your wounds after your mob the gryphons had an expected loss to PA?

I see the monash boys have the wicks this week!

Ill give you monash at +20 this week if ur keen to back yaself?

Think the wicks will be too strong at home.......

johnny,

havent heard from you much this week?

Still licking your wounds after your mob the gryphons had an expected loss to PA?

I see the monash boys have the wicks this week!

Ill give you monash at +20 this week if ur keen to back yaself?

Think the wicks will be too strong at home.......
WhoAmI - Yep very disappointed all week with that loss. Another bad kicking effort that cost the 4 points.
This should be a ripper game this Sat.
Monash loose they will miss the double chance. Elsternwick loose they will miss the finals.

You want to give me 20 points in? Surely not.

WhoAmI - Yep very disappointed all week with that loss. Another bad kicking effort that cost the 4 points.
This should be a ripper game this Sat.
Monash loose they will miss the double chance. Elsternwick loose they will miss the finals.

You want to give me 20 points in? Surely not.

Johnny me boy, I will give you a 12.5 start.

The wicks are going to be roaring on their home deck this week. Already holiding the wells trophy gives the wicks extra confidence to get the job done again at home!

The wicks have lots more to play for. They want to play finals, as they know they are a bit of a wild card and could trouble sides come finals.

I reckon your mob will be tired and outta gas by the end of the year, with too much effort placed on double chance.

Rumour is that the gryphs have a few niggles to their better players?

The wicks are going to be roaring on their home deck this week. Already holiding the wells trophy gives the wicks extra confidence to get the job done again at home!

The wicks have lots more to play for. They want to play finals, as they know they are a bit of a wild card and could trouble sides come finals.

I reckon your mob will be tired and outta gas by the end of the year, with too much effort placed on double chance.

don't you know that every club is missing 7 key players?

Thats very generous of you. Ill take the 12.5 start.
Yep a couple of good players missing and a couple of niggles but no excuses.
The bet is a hotdog. And you have to put the sauce and mustard on it for me. Ill be waiting at the tuck shop 10 mins after the final siren to collect my hot dog.
Better be a skinless dog.

The bet is a hotdog. And you have to put the sauce and mustard on it for me. Ill be waiting at the tuck shop 10 mins after the final siren to collect my hot dog.

The Wicks Canteen is the most overpriced and disappointing in all of D3.

Round 13 Preview

Hoes over House by 13 Pts (There a number of danger games this weekend and the visit of Powerhouse to Hoe Park is one of these. Perhaps I am being influenced by their recent return to form, but every team out of the five is only one loss away from being in the drop zone, so I suspect the House will be playing for keeps. Ivanhoe will look to Ben Plowman and Jack Rolfe for inspiration and may do just enough in front of their home fans).
Yarra over Wicks by 5 Pts (Current form suggests Elsternwick is the best side outside the top two and I really think they will push the Bushrangers all the way However, they may find themselves wanting in the final quarter as their crash and bash style of play begins to take its toll. Yarra Valley will have to be at the top of their game, but will do just enough at home. I will take any ‘Trend’ for best afield).
Kew over West by 32 Pts (I suspect Kew will jump out of the blocks and look to put this one away early. Coach Aitken will ensure there is no weak mental approach to this contest as they must win to stay in touch with the Wicks in 5th. Big Adam Brazzale will need some help up forward though if the Bears are to kick a winning score and I suspect West will also be looking for atonement after last week’s drubbing. Too much on the line for Kew to tip against them though)
Hawks over Rams by 55 Pts (Mt Lilydale hit new lows last weekend – one goal in two games and only 18 players in the reserves – and one cannot see them troubling the Hawks away from home. This may be a 40 goal shootout, but I expect bug Dan Lauletta to enjoy the ease of delivery and kick 6 to 8 in a comfortable win to the home side).
Prahran over Gryphs by 28 Pts (Many are giving Monash a big chance of an upset win at home against the all-conquering Four Blues. I am not one of these. Monash generally beat the sides below them, but have fallen well short of the top 2 in their encounters this year. The Gryphs will look to tag key players such as Pell and Furness in order to quell the clearance count, but, even if this is successful, Prahran have the depth to be able to sustain this and still win quite comfortably. Wells may get the job on Sleight, but then Christoforo will be hard to stop. Unless Monash get a six goal game from Kye Cherian or Daniel Wills, they will fall well short).
Falcons over UHS by 20 Pts (I keep expecting Uni High to find their early season form, but perhaps that in an exercise in futility as their form over the last six weeks has been ordinary at best. Still, they harbour finals aspirations and mathematically are right in the mix, but Albert Park arguably played their best footy for the season last Saturday and if they can find that level again will be far too strong. I expect the ‘Killer Bees’, Brick, Barker and Brown to be amongst the Falcons best as they perhaps end Uni High’s season for good).

Round 13 Review

4/6 (49/78 cumulative) was a respectable effort in a high quality weekend of amateur football. Superb contests were witnessed at East Caulfield, Ivanhoe and Park Orchards where the victors had to pull out all stops and the losers were far from disgraced.

Ivanhoe had to find every ounce of guts and determination to outlast the House who had big Paul Edwards firing up forward once again. When on song, there is no better forward in the competition and his six almost got the visitors home, however, the Hoes are a most determined side and heroics from Ben Plowman and Mitch Skelly ensured they got the four points! Speaking of four point margins, Monash got closer than any opponent of Prahran has been since April in a thriller at East Caulfield. From all reports, they were the more steadfast of the two teams, but poor kicking for goal cost them victory. Veterans Wells and Baxter had superb games, but the Four Blues did what good sides do and won ugly. Lesser known players such as Clinton Pepperill & Troy Booth shone on a day where they were almost felled. The Bushrangers took three and half quarters to shake off a persistent Elsternwick, Cam Britt slotting a lazy seven majors for the victors, but the Wicks can take heart that they are right in the mix if they can edge their way into the finals. 35 (not 40) goals were kicked at Rathmines with big Dan Lauletta kicking double figures in a colossal performance. The Rams effort was far more encouraging, but Hawthorn controlled the match for much of the day. Against popular belief, the Bears were trounced by West Brunswick in one of their finest displays of the year. The word relegation was being aimed at the lads from McAlister and they responded emphatically with the likes of Chris Germon and Andy Mac prominent. The other slightly surprising result was Uni High’s demolition job at Albert Park – one which places the Falcons in dangerous territory – to the tune of 77 points. Rhys Kirk bagged a Half D and the combine became the rounds big winners, re-entering the top 5 thanks to other results.

Round 14 Preview

Wicks over Gryphs by 3 Pts (Every fixture this week has some bearing on the finals or relegation, but this one has the pundits salivating in anticipation. The Wicks are in such resounding form that Declan Healy was interviewed on SEN in order to gain some insight into the Irish Connection at EP2. Rumour has it that none other than Mark Fine, will be an honoraryl guest of the Wicks and may umpire the reserves. On this basis, how could one go past the D3 ‘media darlings’, who have had the wood on their fierce local rivals for some time? There is no way the Gryphons will allow their opponents to jump them like they did five weeks back at ECR, but I feel that Elsternwick’s finest such as Grant Cameron and Craig Mahony will do just enough to retain the Murphy-Wells. Should be cracker played out in front of a passionate, large crowd).
Prahran over Pies by 44 Pts (The last two weeks have proven that the Four Blues are beatable, but only if the stars align, something I doubt will occur at Toorak Park on Saturday. Whilst West were most impressive last time out, they simply do not have the firepower to seriously trouble the home side and will fall well short. Adam Sleight to kick six or seven).
UHS over Ivanhoe by 3 Pts (This is a real $1.90 each of two game and I will side with the home team for no real reason as Princes Park is foreign to both. Uni High have not had a great record in these ‘crunch’ games over the years, but they simply must win and if results go their way they may have a one game cushion in fifth place come 5pm Saturday. The Hoes will fight tooth and nail, but may fall agonisingly short).
Albert Park over the Rams by 6 Pts (Should be another pulsating contest this time between teams fighting the drop. Even though the Falcons were very disappointing against Uni High, they can virtually relegate Mt Lilydale if they win. Expect a fiery contest between two passionate clubs however, Dylan Muscat and Mick Boyd will be a little too classy in the mud).
Yarra Valley over the House by 13 Pts (The Bushrangers will be made to work for the four points and I sense a real chance of an upset win for the home side. Paul Edwards may have to boot seven or eight, but Powerhouse have been quite impressive over the past fortnight and still are mindful of the drop zone. Cam Britt to also shine in the battle of the key forwards).
Kew over Hawks by 8 Pts (I expect the Bears to come out firing after last week’s sub-par performance in game they simply have to win to stay in touch. Hawthorn will also harbour finals hopes, but their percentage is pitiful and they allowed the lowly ranked Rams to still kick a reasonable score. Adam Brazzale should appreciate the lack of key defenders and get his boys over the line. Not without a scare from the enigmatic Hawks though).

Good luck to all

Quasi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Progressive 51 from 72.
Yarra Valley vs Elsternwick - 12 points.
Monash Gryphons vs Prahran Assumption - 24 points.
Ivanhoe vs Power House - 36 points.
West Brunswick vs Kew - 45 points.
Albert Park vs UHS-VU - 3 points.
Hawthorn vs Mt Lilydale - 36 points.

Progressive 55 from 78.

The inconsistency of many teams this year has been a standout for me. I realise teams have their ups and downs but some of the upsets this year has made for some interesting viewing. At this stage of the season, to have a team in the 5 who has lost more games than won is quite strange. Only 4 teams have mustered better than par. I should really give up tipping, it's a mugs game.

Elsternwick vs Monash Gryphons - 4 points. As strange as this might sound I still think the Gryphons will win but am hoping Elsternwick make the finals. Out of any other team not in the finals I think they have the best chance of making things interesting. So to do this they must win today. Will make for a cracking match with both teams having a lot to play for on the postage stamp. Greg Munro to star for the visitors.

Mt Lilydale vs Albert Park - 22 points. Good luck on the shit pile AP. Very poor form last week and because of that fighting off a relegation game. Muscat could do with some help in the forward line. Paull to get BOG for the home side.

UHS-VU vs Ivanhoe - 44 points. The hoes will desperately want the second chance and could get it this game even if by percentage. Will come out firing and although we keep hearing they are missing players they will be good enough to run over the up and down UHS-VU. Nice to note Fogarty from the Uni U18's is showing promise and should continue good form this week.

Power House vs Yarra Valley - 35 points. A couple of tough games in a row for YV might slow them down a bit this week but still too classy for the House. Coutts has had a quiter couple of weeks against some tougher opposition so will want to redeem himself.

Prahran Assumption vs West Brunswick - 56 points. Prahran are showing they still have enough depth to cover missing guns with both teams on top of the ladder. They wont get pushed here and will probably be able to afford to still keep some players on ice waiting for the real action in September.

Kew vs Hawthorn - 14 points. I still can't believe Kew lost like they did last week. If they wanted to play finals they needed to win those games. I expect Ogg to probably take Brazzale as they don't have many options in defence. This will leave the hawks short up forward and wont be able to kick a winning score.

Some good matchups this week with the shape of the finals positions, and maybe the relegation drop looking a bit clearer come 5pm tomorrow night.

Elsternwick vs Monash Gyphons
Mt Lilydale vs Albert Park
UHS-VU vs Ivanhoe
Power House vs Yarra Valley
Prahran vs West Brunswick
Kew vs Hawthorn

Good luck to all players.

Progressive 55 from 78.

Elsternwick vs Monash Gryphons - 4 points. As strange as this might sound I still think the Gryphons will win but am hoping Elsternwick make the finals. Out of any other team not in the finals I think they have the best chance of making things interesting. So to do this they must win today. Will make for a cracking match with both teams having a lot to play for on the postage stamp. Greg Munro to star for the visitors.

In responding to ur tips:

The wicks are a certainty at home......they will retain the murphy/wells cup....

Greg Munro to Star? His recent form suggests that he still has some work to do.......

Word is the wicks will put most of their time into Fletcher, Wells and Wills.......

Got 5 out of 6 last week - Progressive 47 out of 72 - It is good to be ahead of Quasi....

Tips for this week -

Prahran - 26 points - I dont think the Gryphs are Pretenders but I give them no chance this week. The last game was a physical encounter and only got beaten due to one bad quarter of football.
Yarra Valley - 18 points - Not an easy game with Elsternwick in good form and kicking big scores. Elsternwick have a tough 4 weeks that will make or break their season
Ivanhoe 28 points - Power House are gone even with the good win last week.
Kew - 42 points - West Brunswick will be relegated.
Albert Park - 12 points - UHS are so unpredictable but dont see them winning this one.
Hawthorn - Mt Lilydale also back to D4 - I dont know how they can play and train on their oval. It is well below par.

Should be another great weekend of action.

Got 4 out of 6 last week. Progressive 51 out of 78.

Tips for this week.

Elsternwick - 18 points - Elsternwick and Monash Gryphons are in good form with both teams nearly beating the top two. BUT Elsternwick have won 8 out of 9 Wells Murphy Cups and it is their past players day so my $10 is on the Wicks.
Albert Park - 20 points Mount Lilydale are no good even when playing on their bog heap.
Ivanhoe - 14 points I want Uni High to win but I think Ivanhoe will be too strong. They are a more consistent side than Uni.
Yarra Valley - 48 points -The House nearly beat Ivanhoe last week but YV will be too strong.
Prahran - 60 points -Should be getting players back.
Hawthorn - 21 points - Hard to team to tip but Kew are not in good form after last weeks game.

Should be another great round of football.

In responding to ur tips:

The wicks are a certainty at home......they will retain the murphy/wells cup....

Greg Munro to Star? His recent form suggests that he still has some work to do.......

Word is the wicks will put most of their time into Fletcher, Wells and Wills.......

You seem to have a thing for Monash WhoAmI. I wouldn't be surprised if you secretly are from Monash taking the piss. Last week you were talking up Prahran and this week talking up the Wicks. Have some vendetta against them? or has Johnny got a good cop/bad cop, Jekyll and Hyde thing going on? You seem to know more about what is going on in the Monash camp mentioning their players and nothing from any other team other than they'll beat the Gryphons.

Anyway I'll take the bait:
You obviously know more than I do and may be right with the Wicks getting up. This is match of the round and I don't think there will be much in this game; Wicks are no certainty. The Gryphons did get beat last time but my gut feeling is they will get up on Saturday.

Munro seems to step up for the big games and I think he is due. Just a hunch but I will keep an eye out for the best players on Saturday night to see if I'm right.

As to what the Wicks will do, is that inside info captain obvious? All 3 are good players. Wicks have some good players too and there'll be some great contests throughout the day. I think the Gryphons are a more even team where as the Wicks probably rely on their top 6-8 players too much.

Who are you anyway?

You seem to have a thing for Monash WhoAmI. I wouldn't be surprised if you secretly are from Monash taking the piss. Last week you were talking up Prahran and this week talking up the Wicks. Have some vendetta against them? or has Johnny got a good cop/bad cop, Jekyll and Hyde thing going on? You seem to know more about what is going on in the Monash camp mentioning their players and nothing from any other team other than they'll beat the Gryphons.

Anyway I'll take the bait:
You obviously know more than I do and may be right with the Wicks getting up. This is match of the round and I don't think there will be much in this game; Wicks are no certainty. The Gryphons did get beat last time but my gut feeling is they will get up on Saturday.

Munro seems to step up for the big games and I think he is due. Just a hunch but I will keep an eye out for the best players on Saturday night to see if I'm right.

As to what the Wicks will do, is that inside info captain obvious? All 3 are good players. Wicks have some good players too and there'll be some great contests throughout the day. I think the Gryphons are a more even team where as the Wicks probably rely on their top 6-8 players too much.

Who are you anyway?

I am an avid D3 supporter, having moved out to the elsternwick area, hence supporting this competition, with many sides around my area. I like hearing this talk during the week as it gives me reason to watch certain players and to see if they live up to the rubbish reputation they get on this forum.

I do enjoy stirring the pot, and listening to guys seriously put their opinions forward.

I am an avid D3 supporter, having moved out to the elsternwick area, hence supporting this competition, with many sides around my area. I like hearing this talk during the week as it gives me reason to watch certain players and to see if they live up to the rubbish reputation they get on this forum.

I do enjoy stirring the pot, and listening to guys seriously put their opinions forward.

Declan Healey will single handedly drag the wicks over the line tomorrow.

I think the Gryphons are a more even team where as the Wicks probably rely on their top 6-8 players too much.

Their 6 - 8 best players are just too good for any even team. Next weeks round has me salivating already.

Monash would want to make top 2. Otherwise they should send out a public apology for recruiting Sheehan. Start by sacking the coach.

Did Johnny pay up or had he already left with 10 mins to go?

good game between Hoes and Uni on weekend. Seem to generally play close games. speaking of close, Ash Close was on fire. the Andy Schleck look-a-like was back in business.

Uni have some good players, but I think they probably just don't quite have the depth and rely on too few. that shone through in the last qtr.

Big game for us again this week with YV away. Beating them at Hoe Park was a good effort, will be different story up in the sticks. Hopefully a few more inclusions for us, possibly the courageous and inspiring captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back