D3 Division 3 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Red Gum who is playing his 100th game for West Brunswick tomorrow (barring a banner mishap as nearly happened a few weeks ago), only missed 3 or 4 games since he started with the club which is a fine effort.

Congratulations to Redgum on bringing up his 100th game.

There was a lot of banter on the D2 forum about Westbourne posting their first win last week and it came to fruition and maybe the same can will happen with Monash inflicting Prahran's first loss????

Maybe the two blues have paid for their bigger names to spend a week in Arizona in training on the lead up to the finals????

The House were very impressive last week and the Hoes will have a tough task combatting their top 6.

Hopefully the side we have put out tomorrow will get the job done!!!

For all your guys tooing and fro-ing about the Gryphs v. PA game check out the Prahran web-site and comments made about last weeks' game and injuries to their players...I'm tipping Cristoforo won't play for sure and maybe up to 4 others that will surely test their depth against a finals side on their home turf....an upset on the cards IMO....I'll leave the shorts-eating to others though....:)

Wouldn't believe whats written on the web site.
"WhoamI" has already said that PA is fielding their strongest side of the year.

Watched the Hoes V House today,good contest all day by both teams, not sure if hoes were short but they struggled at times against an impressive house unit.

WhoamI ???? A full tilt tosser, that's who. M8, you have no idea and are just jumping on the PA bandwagon.. Nobody owes you anything.

Sidewinder,

jumping on the PA bandwagon.........what are you on about.

Cant complain about being undefeated can you?

Im not even a PA follower, just a general supporter of D3 footy, i assure you of that.

As for you johnny, I will live up to my promise.....The gryphs did show plenty yesti, playing for a stack more than PA. It was a very good match from what I hear. I would even go to say that the gryphs should of won that game......

On the other hand, I PA's did have a couple out didnt they? And, they lost arguably their best player (#10) yesti?

I tell you what, the PA boys might not have the fitness, but by golly there are some monster rigs running around with that mob, wish we had the same drug testing protocol as what the AFL does. Then there would be a fair few missing from this mob......

Very pleased to see the gryphs do well, they are an honest side who could cause a hiccup or two for other sides come finals....

Well done johnny, very good prediction about your gryphs, apologies for doubting you.......Ill jump on your bandwagon now!

Watched the Hoes V House today,good contest all day by both teams, not sure if hoes were short but they struggled at times against an impressive house unit.

Hoes did struggle against the House who had their chances to win. Hoes still missing quite a few but also got some quality back on the ground yesterday who will be better for the run.

Again it was good to see the 22 that took the field get the job done regardless of who that is.

Sidewinder,

jumping on the PA bandwagon.........what are you on about.

Cant complain about being undefeated can you?

Im not even a PA follower, just a general supporter of D3 footy, i assure you of that.

As for you johnny, I will live up to my promise.....The gryphs did show plenty yesti, playing for a stack more than PA. It was a very good match from what I hear. I would even go to say that the gryphs should of won that game......

On the other hand, I PA's did have a couple out didnt they? And, they lost arguably their best player (#10) yesti?

I tell you what, the PA boys might not have the fitness, but by golly there are some monster rigs running around with that mob, wish we had the same drug testing protocol as what the AFL does. Then there would be a fair few missing from this mob......

Very pleased to see the gryphs do well, they are an honest side who could cause a hiccup or two for other sides come finals....

Well done johnny, very good prediction about your gryphs, apologies for doubting you.......Ill jump on your bandwagon now!

WhoamI I accept your apology. The Gyphons were very stiff, but like u say "bad kicking is bad footy"!
Elsternwick very competitive against Yarra. Those 2 sides might have been a bit flat after their encounter last week.
Massive game this week Gryphs v Elsternwick on the postage stamp.

Hoes did struggle against the House who had their chances to win. Hoes still missing quite a few but also got some quality back on the ground yesterday who will be better for the run.

Again it was good to see the 22 that took the field get the job done regardless of who that is.

Wamba,

Elsternwick did OK against Yarra but weren't composed enough to get the job done in the end.

My sources suggest that a certain little (very) midfielder from the House is still in hospital after a "crude" attempt by your ruckman to disposess him of the ball.

Suggestions that an investigation might be taking place at VAFA headquarters?

Any ideas?

Wamba, why do you mention this in every post? I've played a lot of senior football and I doubt I've ever run out on the ground with a full side on the park, just enough already!

From what I've heard around the traps the the YV Vs Els, game was a first class affair, with YV only kicking away in the last 5 minutes - Anyone keen to fill us in

I can offer that the Monash v Prahran game was a tight contest all day. The Gryphs had the chance to put the cat among the pidgeons in the first quqarter and from there on would rue the innacuracy. The game was mostly played in the Monash forward half with the Two Blues breaking out occasionally and converting in a flash. Gia's goals were freakish considering ECR has some "dead pockets". Leigh Wells could have won the game off his own boot in the last minutes. Marking repeatedly, he goaled once, pushed another shot wide and sadly made a poor choice to short pass to goal front. A turnover and clearance and that was that. Funny though to see 36 players in the 40m arc!! Like kids' footy. The next few weeks in Div 3 should be fascinating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wamba, why do you mention this in every post? I've played a lot of senior football and I doubt I've ever run out on the ground with a full side on the park, just enough already!

Hi Ratana, firstly congrats on your career as a senior footballer;) Must have been tough playing without a full side when you ran onto the park. Would have killed the rotations:D I post that because it's true and I think it's a good sign at times this year to be not even close to full strength and get the points. As well as that Offside mentioned that he wasn't sure if the Hoes were missing a few against the House.

Note to myself not to inform in future.

My sources suggest that a certain little (very) midfielder from the House is still in hospital after a "crude" attempt by your ruckman to disposess him of the ball.

Suggestions that an investigation might be taking place at VAFA headquarters?

Any ideas?

That may well be the case Dee Three as I only saw the second half of the Hoes/House game and I certainly didn't see anything then.

Also, if it was a bad incident as suggested, I'm surprised that nobody bought it up either during the second half or after the game as I didn't hear one word about it.

In saying the other person is very little and it is our ruckman who hit him infers cowardice. Hope your sources are right because that's a bit of mud to throw if it's unfounded.

Wamba...I've always liked your forthright posts...that's why I asked you...

I was TOLD (I wasn't there, I was watching YV v Elsternwick) that the smallest player on the field was flattened by the biggest player on the field. No mud slinging...just the facts as they were told to me.

If you are saying there was nothing in it, and you are the "source" of all things good and true at Ivanhoe Park, then the little guy with the many letters in his name wasn't knocked out then...

Maybe he doesn't remember it...because he was unconscious!

I believe you???

I was TOLD (I wasn't there, I was watching YV v Elsternwick) that the smallest player on the field was flattened by the biggest player on the field. No mud slinging...just the facts as they were told to me.

Hi Dee Three, if that's the case then I accept that but I would have read the use of "little (very)" when describing a player who was knocked out by a ruckman as an inference of at the very least, an unfair mismatch. My mistake. Apologies on my reading of that.

If you are saying there was nothing in it, and you are the "source" of all things good and true at Ivanhoe Park, then the little guy with the many letters in his name wasn't knocked out then...

As I said, I was only at Hoe Park in the second half so there is a strong possibility an incident occurred in the first half. There was a player carried off in the third quarter. I admit that I was a reasonable way away but Justin McFarlane was running for the ball near the cricket nets and I think it was Baker (hard to tell with different numbers as Powerhouse had the alternate strip and not sure of numbers) handed out a shirtfront and caught JMac high and also cleaned up his teammate who stayed down. JMac was given the free kick in this incident and the Powerhouse player carried off. Was that the incident??? Other people watching with me all thought the House player was cleaned up by his own man as I did.

It is not true I am the only source of all things good and true at Hoe Park. There are plenty of others:p

As I said though, I wasn't there for the whole game so I might have missed the incident in question but I didn't see anything like that in the second half and nobody mentioned anything controversial.

Wamba, (the man who puts the "Ho" in Hoe Park)

No issues with you at all.

As I said I wasn't there so just asking from a third party perspective.

Apparently the young fella is still lying down somewhere counting his teeth.

Just asking...

Its a love-in!
Correct Phil. Dee seems to have mellowed lately. Mid-life crisis? I for one, had a suspicion he was somehow a disaffected Hawthorn AFC supporter for a while. Seems he is on the 'wick wagon. Hmmm.

Oh well.... On to the next round.
Prahran v West Brunswick. Have the "Prah-wobbles" hit? Their scramble against Monash showed signs. Rowdy bench-supporter contingent. Earned them a warning from the Umpire. Not official but I bet the aftermatch report would not read well. Certainly some nervous hand-wringing towards the end of the match.Every club gets injuries and the test of depth is well and truly on. I fear the Magpies may trouble the juggernaut,but not enough to cause an upset.

Power House v Yarra Valley. This looms as a terrific match. Wet weather and a good dose of fresh mud at the park. Im thinking Paul Edwards might spend some time on the backline IF Russ Yeo fronts up.
Going out on a limb this week.....'Da House.

Elsternwick v Monash Gryphons. Why oh why do I have a sense of deja vu??? Oh, I know, they played a few weeks ago. My, how time flies.
Home side by a whisker. Teams play for the "Murphy-Wells Cup" Great to see the evergreen Mr Wells in fine form. Look for more Gryphs to step up this week. Should be a cracker.

UHS VU - Ivanhoe. Home game for the students...but they are playing away. Hope nobody goes to Carlton looking for Princes Park...It's in Caulfield South.OOps! It is PARKVILLE. (Confusing.) What a ripper. Both teams will go at this like a final methinks. Who will win? I'll let you know.

Kew v Hawthorn. Another local derby. The bears are coming off consecutive losses and cannot afford another. The Hawks come off a goal-fest against the bottom side. Who has the defence to block scoring?
Don't fancy either to be honest. A midfield rumble I'm tipping. Whoever gets on top out of the centre will probably get the chocolates.And the winner is......KEW.

Mt Lilydale v Albert Park. Memo to Falcons...LONG stops boys. Gumboots for the trainers. The ground nobody wants to play on, let alone train on! This is the 8 pointer of the week. Loose this and it will be "paper-rock-scissors" for the drop later in the season. Getting crowded in the drop zone. Check those percentages.

Wear your winter woolies everyone. It's going to be a fascinating weekend.:cool:

Wamba...I've always liked your forthright posts...that's why I asked you...

Maybe he doesn't remember it...because he was unconscious!

I believe you???

If it's the incident I saw then it went something like this;

Ivanhoe CHB bent to pick up ball in front of 2 powerhouse players, got some very firm high contact by 1 Powerhouse player (not suggesting malice but it was a free kick to Ivanhoe). The Ivanhoe CHB fell back and ball spilt. about the same time 1 of the Powerhouse players turned to collect the footy as the whistle probably hadn't even gone at this point, and a Ivanhoe player who was charging toward the contest also collided with this Powerhouse player. I think he was possibly knocked out. Neither collision resulted in any retaliation. The Ivanhoe player who collected the Powerhouse player was a small back pocket, probably 1 of the smallest on the field.

Unless there was some other incident I was not aware of... this was it.

From what I've heard around the traps the the YV Vs Els, game was a first class affair, with YV only kicking away in the last 5 minutes - Anyone keen to fill us in
You are correct, nobody ever has the best 22 available and fit. However I'd say The Wamba is pretty spot on, there is a few players Ivanhoe can bring back in that will make an impact, not just blokes making numbers.

I'd say Ivanhoe were missing at least 7 1st choice players on Saturday:
Captain/FP
FF
CHF
CHB
FB
HBF
BP

There's a couple more who play various roles, but there is 7 players who would walk into the 1's and start on the ground, and pretty much the spine of the team.

If you want to know who they are you can probably work out a few of them if you look at the goal kicking list on vafa.com.au and who has gone cold.

Wamba and mitchfc,

I am ASSURED by some other D3 clubs that they also had some key injuries last weekend and also throughout the season.

Prahran was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Yarra Valley was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
UHS-VU was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Elsternwick was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
Kew was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Hawthorn was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
West Brunswick was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Albert Park was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
Power House was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players
Mt Lilydale was missing 7 of its "walk up" senior players
Monash was missing 7 of it's "walk up" senior players

And just by coincidence, they all happened to be key position and crucial players to each teams structure...can you believe that???

mitchf, you have got to be kidding mate.
Stop embarassing yourself and your club on this forum!

Wamba and mitchfc,

I am ASSURED by some other D3 clubs that they also had some key injuries last weekend and also throughout the season.

I see Prahran had Christoforo, McIntyre and Donahoo out. Does put saturday in some perspective.

Hoes had a pretty strong side on paper last week (strongest for many weeks) but as we know you don't win games on paper.

Perhaps you can give us something constructive on Elsternwick and the reason for their improved form D3???

You are correct, nobody ever has the best 22 available and fit. However I'd say The Wamba is pretty spot on, there is a few players Ivanhoe can bring back in that will make an impact, not just blokes making numbers.

I'd say Ivanhoe were missing at least 7 1st choice players on Saturday:
Captain/FP
FF
CHF
CHB
FB
HBF
BP

There's a couple more who play various roles, but there is 7 players who would walk into the 1's and start on the ground, and pretty much the spine of the team.

If you want to know who they are you can probably work out a few of them if you look at the goal kicking list on vafa.com.au and who has gone cold.

I hear the hoes are looking to there clubie XVIII leading goal kicker to answer ther FF or CHF worries...

Was good to see gryphs show PA not as far ahead as we all thought, but the wicks will still get the job done for a second times this year.

Its interesting how everyone is talking about their long injury lists this season,
It seems as though its been a bad year for a lot of clubs on this front,
I was actually speaking to my physio about it last week,
She is a trainer for an A Grade club who also have a long injury list (12-15 starters),
And she said that a theory behind all the injuries is that amateur players are trying to play as hard as afl players,
but they dont train as much or as hard as afl players, and also dont practice how to tackle properly so are sustaining injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back