D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back Kim Duthie Fan! Sorely missed on this boring forum. Come on moderators!!!!!

Who cares about Gryphons and Richmond Centrals...all I care about is how much money will Dima from St Francis X-Men pay the umpires to give him the competition Best and Fairest again.

He is the Chris Judd of Division 3, gets 25 worthless possessions, his opponent kicks 4 goals and the men in white reward him with 3 votes!?!??!?

Have lurked abit... Thought about time I contribute!
New to the ammos this year after recently relocating to Melbs from the country.. Also my 1st year back having a kick for the 1st time in a few years so pumped!

Interested in learning a bit and getting some discussion happening..

So who is the team to beat? why?
What do I need to know about teams, venues, supporters etc??

Have some fun but at the same time would be nice to have some good discussion... Recruits, practice matches..anything!!

Have lurked abit... Thought about time I contribute!
New to the ammos this year after recently relocating to Melbs from the country.. Also my 1st year back having a kick for the 1st time in a few years so pumped!

Interested in learning a bit and getting some discussion happening..

So who is the team to beat? why?
What do I need to know about teams, venues, supporters etc??

Have some fun but at the same time would be nice to have some good discussion... Recruits, practice matches..anything!!

I can say that there will be a lot of travelling with Aquinas, SFX, Old Westbourne and Yarra Valley.

I can say that there will be a lot of travelling with Aquinas, SFX, Old Westbourne and Yarra Valley.

I can say that the travel doesn't worry me, played country footy where it was 25 mins to my home games and up to an hour to an away...

That being said I have no idea really where any of those places are you have listed :eek:
Aside from Westbourne as I am living near there.. (not who I am playing with)

I can say that the travel doesn't worry me, played country footy where it was 25 mins to my home games and up to an hour to an away...

That being said I have no idea really where any of those places are you have listed :eek:
Aside from Westbourne as I am living near there.. (not who I am playing with)

New to the forum ShaneO. Welcome but instead of demanding everything about everyone else, why don't you tell us who you are playing for and give us your impressions of your new club?

New to the forum ShaneO. Welcome but instead of demanding everything about everyone else, why don't you tell us who you are playing for and give us your impressions of your new club?

Not so much demanding as trying to stir up some discussion :-D

Having a kick with the Falcons, must say really enjoying it so far. Seem like a great bunch of blokes, very welcoming... Interesting environment with the grand prix and obviously something I've never experienced!
Good numbers on the track, and pretty much going well as far as I can tell....

Hard to say when I am still learning names!! Bloody harder than I thought, doesn't help everyone's wearing the same thing!!!

Not so much demanding as trying to stir up some discussion :-D

Having a kick with the Falcons, must say really enjoying it so far. Seem like a great bunch of blokes, very welcoming... Interesting environment with the grand prix and obviously something I've never experienced!
Good numbers on the track, and pretty much going well as far as I can tell....

Hard to say when I am still learning names!! Bloody harder than I thought, doesn't help everyone's wearing the same thing!!!

Albert Park seem like a pretty decent bunch of blokes.

Murnane and Muscat still playing?

They kicked there goals last year and Maunder as a key midfielder.

Too early to tell who are the teams to beat.

You would think Yarra would be up there after last year as they were the second best side until the finals.

Kew seem to have signed a lot of players and were already on the improve.

Hawthorn would be another on the improve I think and I suspect aquinas would be the team coming down a division to watch.

Westbourne sounded terrible last year so tehy may struggle.

Dee Three.
The first sensible thing you have said on here.
I have escaped the sin bin imposed by "the fun police" on here!
Irony, sarcasm and tongue in cheek humour not welcome apparently.
So we try again!
Welcome Shane048.
Good luck with the Falcons this season.
How did you end up at the Falcons as opposed to other clubs in the immediate vicinity?
That said, the Falcons are really friendly blokes and appear well run.
Respect that they engage and support the clubs they play against by coming into the opposition social rooms after games and really socializing - not the cursory one beer and go. Wish other clubs did the same.
Also, play the game hard but fair.

Ran into Gryphs player (Seniors) recently and congratulated him and his club on their continuing progress and success.
He told me that Osborne's senior asistant coach actually did the majority of the coaching, addresses and moves as Richard had commitments outside the club which impinged on his availability and time.
Nonetheless, a decorated AFL player who has proven to be a major drawcard and recruiting coup in attracting new players.
Smart move by the Monash Maulers.
How they shaping up for the coming season?
Have they lost or gained players with the moves up the grades?

Conversely, Powder House recruited Martin Pike to coach them in recent times.
Terrific in his first season and just missed promotion.
The "name style coach" certainly creates excitement and enthusiasm at a club intially.
The task is to build upon that foundation and make sure that you capitalise on those opportunities, like Monash managed to do.
Pike had the second season blues, where he struggled to engage the players
and adapt to the standard of the grade and players.
Focused instead on eating all the leftovers from the canteen.
Relax, I'm kidding!
And frightened of him!
Loved him as a Lions player - seriously imposing and hard player!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee Three.
The first sensible thing you have said on here.
I have escaped the sin bin imposed by "the fun police" on here!
Irony, sarcasm and tongue in cheek humour not welcome apparently.
So we try again!
Welcome Shane048.
Good luck with the Falcons this season.
How did you end up at the Falcons as opposed to other clubs in the immediate vicinity?
That said, the Falcons are really friendly blokes and appear well run.
Respect that they engage and support the clubs they play against by coming into the opposition social rooms after games and really socializing - not the cursory one beer and go. Wish other clubs did the same.
Also, play the game hard but fair.

Same way many people probably find their way to a club I guess... A mate plays their.
I could have gone closer to home but I wanted to play with this mate, and felt comfortable there straight away... So that's it really... So far so good!

i think O.W are going under the radar a bit here they have come down from div 2, losing alot of matches through all the squads, they have a new coach and have had good numbers with promising abilities, i would say a definite top 5 contender

OW will be very hard to beat on their own patch.
Most sides will be suffering car sickness from the three hours drive
to get to their ground.
With "the bankable" home wins factor they should definitely be around the finals mark.
Generally have skilled, running sides with heaps of young players from their local area.
Is there new coach from within the club structure or recruited from "outside"?

Was having a squiz through the clearances yesterday and noticed that Hawthorn have picked up Tim Demetriou from Mansfield, had a bit of a google search and saw that he was a senior player there.

Had a yarn to the Mansfield boys at RC training last night and they told me he will be an absolute gun at this level.

Very handy pick up by Hawthorn there.

Bring back Kim Duthie Fan! Sorely missed on this boring forum. Come on moderators!!!!!

Who cares about Gryphons and Richmond Centrals...all I care about is how much money will Dima from St Francis X-Men pay the umpires to give him the competition Best and Fairest again.

He is the Chris Judd of Division 3, gets 25 worthless possessions, his opponent kicks 4 goals and the men in white reward him with 3 votes!?!??!?

saw that guy play the other year, runs alot, gets alot of the footy, but is not very damaging. did he win D3 and then D4 BnF's?

Picked in State squad, so no mug!
Can play the boy.
Might not be super damaging but if you get the aggot forty times a game that affects the outcome no matter what!
He would walk into most sides in the lower sections with ease!

Picked in State squad, so no mug!
Can play the boy.
Might not be super damaging but if you get the aggot forty times a game that affects the outcome no matter what!
He would walk into most sides in the lower sections with ease!

Played against the Hawks a couple of years back and was tagged. Didn't think he had any influence in the game but had about 30 possessions (we took his stats). They were terrible that year and got relegated and I guess when you rack up 30 and lose by over 100pts, what effect can you have? The guy who tagged him said he didn't stop running but got "nothing" possessions. I remember this well as I couldn't believe he got their best player.

Played against the Hawks a couple of years back and was tagged. Didn't think he had any influence in the game but had about 30 possessions (we took his stats). They were terrible that year and got relegated and I guess when you rack up 30 and lose by over 100pts, what effect can you have? The guy who tagged him said he didn't stop running but got "nothing" possessions. I remember this well as I couldn't believe he got their best player.

When we played them last we won by 20 goals. Our full forward kicked 8 and he got the 3 votes......

Finally some sense on the forum...We all agree that Dima from St Francis Xavier is overrated!

When he won the Division 3 B&F two years ago, he played in 18 LOSING SIDES (8 losses by 100+ points and the rest by massive margins) and polled votes consistently when his side lost by 100 points.

An absolute disgrace as I said back then. I guess things haven't really changed.

Nothing possessions, unaccountable, doesn't chase and picks up cheap kicks...

Has anyone else here heard the rumour that Hawthorn are really struggling with numbers? Just a bit of information passed onto me but I'm not sure if it is in any way validated by truth.

Cannot believe that a team that were as solid as Yarra Valley missed promotion, really thought their home ground and culture would have been enough to push them into Div 2 but I suppose they were never going to beat Prahran. Powerhouse are going to really struggle to replace both their ruckman and their full forward if Edwards has really gone. Who will win the 'Coleman' if the big fella has hung up the boots? I know Kew (Brazzale) and Yarra Valley (Yeo) both had blokes up the table in terms of goals kicked.

I need to address some absolute rubbish from recent posters on here before I ring
Kim Duthie for an intense opposition analysis session at Rick Nixon's holiday home.
Firstly, the goal kicking machine that is Edwards has been seen training at Powder House in pre-season. From all reports super fit, bigger and stronger than ever?
Good luck fullbacks. The only query is how many times can they get it to him to inflict some real damage on the scoreboard. The VAFA's Tony Lockett.
Yarrav Valley will be there at the business end of proceedings.
Top 4 contender no doubt!
Agree with willie bee 21, however, the home ground advantage (like OW) and "the culture" is not enough to gain promotion.
Wins on the road against other finals contenders remains the key. Have they recruited?
As for the imbeciles in Dee Three (too many hits to the head- blurred vision")
Champers and Flowing Locks - fancy bagging a player like Dim (Sim) who is a ball magnet and "stands out" in some poor recent sides. A player who excells without support and assitance yet remains a fantastic player. Maybe some serious man envy here!
I suggest you three stay together in the spa for your analysis sessions but please stop drinking the water!!! You three stick to the Mardi Gras for your physical contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back