D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson retired - Gorringe back to Tassie after 10 years great service - Higgs - owns business/too much work on Sat - Watts lives in Adelaide.

Kirk still playing.

Nikko to the rescue c..... umumumumum.

thats lucky, would've made it tough loosing the teams midfield AND forward line. Who will get it to him though, matthews still running around?

Aquinas OC vs St Francis Xavier - SFX to get the win away from home 1pt
Elsternwick AFC vs Richmond Central - Elsternwick by a few at home
Ivanhoe vs Albert Park - Ivanhoe easliy
Hawthorn AFC vs UHS-VU - Hawthorn
Power House vs Yarra Valley - Yarra Valley by plenty
Kew vs Old Westbourne - Interesting games with plenty of questions around about both teams!! Kew at Home

Changing my tip from SFX to Aquinas OC...

Loose lips sinking SFX ship!! (trouble in sticks) ;)

Changing my tip from SFX to Aquinas OC...

Loose lips sinking SFX ship!! (trouble in sticks) ;)

Had the feelers out at the Season launch last night Cosmo?

You must have seriously good ears to pick up anything from the front of the room? :)

I didn't hear anyone talking themselves up on the D3 table... Every club is the underdog apparently, except, you know, Old Westbourne who didn't seem to have a representative there? Too far to drive I expect.

Had the feelers out at the Season launch last night Cosmo?

You must have seriously good ears to pick up anything from the front of the room? :)

I didn't hear anyone talking themselves up on the D3 table... Every club is the underdog apparently, except, you know, Old Westbourne who didn't seem to have a representative there? Too far to drive I expect.

True, ture I may have miss heard?? great night last night, Scott was excellent and good chatting with the coaches on our table... same result everyone has lost plenty, picked up nothing and will be middle of the road!!

No, the ten-strong party from OW were all at another table as Ivan Board (past president, life member) received a certificate of merit from the VAFA.

And the club secretary was missing because she was picking me up from the airport.

Aquinas OC vs St Francis Xavier
Elsternwick AFC vs Richmond Central
Ivanhoe vs Albert Park
Hawthorn AFC vs UHS-VU
Power House vs Yarra Valley
Kew vs Old Westbourne - don't know much about either side at all...

back onto the drinking at the ground topic...

perhaps there could be controll over the drinking.. EG in the rooms only, or designated areas / times. I'm not suggesting a booze fuelled English Football atmosphere, just a few frothies to enjoy and socialize after the game for the 2's boys and during the game for friends and families EG WAGS (need more drunk women)*

*only joking before some idiot spits the dummy

There are several options the VAFA could take to introduce minimal alcoholic consumption at games but I'm sure they'd be worried about the potential slippery slope that comes along with such a choice. Personally not too fussed about this, a few hours of banter with mates during the VAFA games comes without the worry of alcohol fuelled violence and damaged relationships between the two clubs. Have yet to find a team that doesn't enjoy a good yarn after the game. Powerhouse and Yarra Valley were particularly good when it came to post-match drinks amongst the two teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is everyone looking after the weekend? Any results?

Hoes seniors played SMS at Ferndale and had a strong win
The scoobies suffered a narrow loss (3 points)
The unders had a close win having to play 6 quarters so SMS's two teams (18's and 19's) could get a hit out.
Games played in good spirit and a few cold ones after the game topped off a good day.

Good to get the last praccy out of the way and start the real stuff.

Chump.

How is everyone looking after the weekend? Any results?

Hoes seniors played SMS at Ferndale and had a strong win
The scoobies suffered a narrow loss (3 points)
The unders had a close win having to play 6 quarters so SMS's two teams (18's and 19's) could get a hit out.
Games played in good spirit and a few cold ones after the game topped off a good day.

Good to get the last praccy out of the way and start the real stuff.

Chump.

UHS played West Brunswick on Saturday. Both sides had some missing. WB won the twos easily & UHS won the seniors. Standout was Nikko ...... standing out on my own, making space & ignored. Clearly don't want me in the ones.

Puff,Puff.

The Bears played Swinburne on the weekend.
The 2's smashed them in a 6 quarter game, but the 1's went down to the students by 4 goals.

That 3 out of 4 d3 sides stuggling with d4 side?:confused:

Not a good sign for some clubs leading into round 1, if ivanhoe is beating a div 2 side we might have a big gap between the top sides & the bottom sides. History has shown that d3 is usually the closest grade.

Not a good sign for some clubs leading into round 1, if ivanhoe is beating a div 2 side we might have a big gap between the top sides & the bottom sides. History has shown that d3 is usually the closest grade.

I'd take preseason results with a grain of salt mate, blokes missing etc. will be interesting to see what occurs this weekend. I have no idea who'll win the games.

Yeah, the lack of build up to the practice matches, particularly when faced with the opposition of a D4 side can lead to sides becoming complacent about their position. Although this excuse is a bit of a cop out, sides still have blokes who have off season cricket functions etc etc to get out the way. Bloody excited for the real stuff to start!

Not a good sign for some clubs leading into round 1, if Ivanhoe is beating a div 2 side we might have a big gap between the top sides & the bottom sides. History has shown that d3 is usually the closest grade.

Members - I would not be predicting any huge gap in D3 based on those results. I have seen some very good teams in D3 and we at Hoe park still have ALOT of work to do.

I would suspect that SMS had several players missing - as did we .....and as would have several other teams on the weekend. The practice matches mean very, very little apart from getting some game time into some players and testing some new .....dare I say it ..... structures!!:rolleyes:

I think the comp will be close again with the two sides coming down to be strong and there is absolutely no reason why SFX ( who are flying apparently ) and RC's will not prove to be very, very competitive.

Chump.

either SMS was missing a heap or they're just rubbish. no one at Hoes is getting carried away with a pre-season victory... we played well and will be better for the run, but the opposition really didn't offer much.

Bring on round 1!

Agreed practice matches don't mean a lot although the last one tends to hold a tiny bit of weight as clubs are wanting to get their round one side up and running.

Tips this week:

Aquinas over St Francis by 2 goals at home.

Elsternwick over Richmond Central by 4 goals Home ground knowledge the key here.

Ivanhoe v Albert Park-Hoes by 3 goals. I'd expect Albert Park to be a good side this year.

Hawthorn v Uni High by 8 goals. Hawthorn to be a finalist this year with the big unknown being how will Uni High cover their losses from last year?

Powerhouse v Yarra- Yarra by 10 goals and to announce themselves as the side to beat early.

Kew v Westbourne- Kew to get off on the right foot with a 5 goal win.

Have no idea how good teams are at this point so these are all guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back