D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it's so quiet on here boys...for goodness sakes somebody SAY SOMETHING!

Is anyone there?

Where is Kimduthiefan when you need him...hopefully not banned again!

Two days after Round 1 and no one has posted anything!

I went and saw my new boys Kew smash the suitcases out of Westbourne. Too strong all over the ground and Westbourne looked unfit and tired by mid 3rd quarter when they fell away badly! (in a nutshell...they were really crap)

I'm not certain whether it was Kew's good play or Westbournes hopelessness ...

Another opportunity to hear the ripper Kew club song...
Any noticeable performances from both sides?

old westbourne had some out for that match but still was a massive win, hopefully they can come back this week. interesting that your saying they looked unfit, that may be something i could pass on

well to keep Dee Three happy I'll offer up a little...

The Hoes vs AP was an interesting game, Hoes off to a flyer but couldn't keep the momentum going after qtr time. AP were bigger, more mature bodies, but the hoes probably had a bit more height and speed. was a good game that was pretty tight all day and was still up for grabs til the end.

I think #14 for AP was in the middle and probably their best, the tall bald bloke up front with the tatt's looked dangerous and is deceptively quick.

Mali Jacobs was great for the Hoe's along with perenial crowd favourite Barrel Francis. Ryan Close was flying down the wing off half back to jag 3 goals.

Looking forward to Yarra, hard side to beat on their own ground so a really tough game early.

RC were flying until our Ruckman broke his wrist badly in a contest in the second qtr. We then had another player go to hospital 5 mins later, and ended the game with no-one healthy on the bench. Tough start to D3.

Elsternwick were solid, and Hunter taught our fullback a lesson. Grace just kept nailing kicks from the arc and on an angle. Two very handy players... Number 11 in defense was also very good.

I think #14 for AP was in the middle and probably their best, the tall bald bloke up front with the tatt's looked dangerous and is deceptively quick.

Mitch FC, 14 is Maunder and the bald bloke is Murchie. Nathan Dallas also played well from what I saw.

I'd be interested to know what people (other than BigWaz, who was with me at Graham Holmes Oval) thought of the new phone system for umpires and timekeeping. Anyone use it? Ammos have said that 21 of the 35 senior matches last week were electronically time kept.

Aquinas OC vs St Francis Xavier
last season there was 2 divs between them have to go with the easterns
Elsternwick AFC vs Richmond Central
hard to beat on the postage stamp
Ivanhoe vs Albert Park
will take the 1st step to promotion
Hawthorn AFC vs UHS-VU
no watts, no higgs, no gorringe no johnson, no kirk, no vultures
Power House vs Yarra Valley
will win every game untill when it matters, no burside or edo will hurt the house unless they have picked up a few from kerry & cork who played the odd game of union & know how to kick an oval ball
Kew vs Old Westbourne
purely on that they have had alot of clearances in

5/6 not a bad start.
aquinas putting a good win together in the hunt to jump straight back up, however dimma did get the votes.
will have to be proved otherwise before i start backing the tiger snakes.
would have thought ivanhoe to have a bigger win at home, maybe underating the falcons.
got sucked into the hawks pumping themselfs up & the students taking themselfs down, watts played brilliant considering he was in adelaide.
edwards did play but the house still did struggle, yarra with 10 goal kickers & 130 point win away odds are firming.
are kew that good or westies that bad?

UHS-VU v Kew
the zoo keepers back at home after a yr off to just get it done
Yarra Valley OB v Ivanhoe
could be the 1st of a few games they play each other in this yr, mitch & his special friend francis will have to be at their very best to get anywhere near them
Elsternwick v Aquinas OC
backing them to win most on the stamp
Richmond Centrals v Hawthorn
have to go with the hawks just can go with richmond yet
St Francis Xavier v Albert Park
Dallas to lead the falcons to get one back, got a feeling this will be a close one
Old Westbourne v Power House
westies at home, unless eddo can kick a bag

I'd be interested to know what people (other than BigWaz, who was with me at Graham Holmes Oval) thought of the new phone system for umpires and timekeeping. Anyone use it? Ammos have said that 21 of the 35 senior matches last week were electronically time kept.

I missed the SMS wrap up at 5:30pm???

Also.. Check out the live scores on the VAFA website... most of them dont have the final score... so 21 of 35 is dubious.

If people have a phone handy then ok, but it shouldn't be made compulsory...

Dallas is #5, #1 is Smith who delivered the best shepard I have ever seen in my life on Saturday..

the one where 2 blokes were running at each other and he lept 2 feet off the ground and ironed someone out? in the AFL he would have got weeks for that. Didn't wanna bring it up on a internet forum because these things happen in football... but he lept into someone and luckily got the hardest bloke I have ever played footy with, Timmy Williamson.. next time your man should take the bump like a man and not use his hip to slam into someones head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the one where 2 blokes were running at each other and he lept 2 feet off the ground and ironed someone out? in the AFL he would have got weeks for that. Didn't wanna bring it up on a internet forum because these things happen in football... but he lept into someone and luckily got the hardest bloke I have ever played footy with, Timmy Williamson.. next time your man should take the bump like a man and not use his hip to slam into someones head.

Your gunna have a different perspective than me.... And naturally enough..

IMO If your bloke had been collected high he would have been carried off the ground on a stretcher from the noise it made. Haven't heard a smacking sound like it before.... Either that or your bloke has a head made out of granite!!

We used it for the Hawks v Uni High game and the timekeeper said it was very simple to use and he doesn't own an iPhone so surely it can't be too hard...

Aquinas happy to get a win on Saturday,after setting up a big lead at half time,we thought it was all to easy and forgot to get in and get the ball after half time,credit to SFX they lifted there workrate and came home hard,but we did enough to win.SFX certainly had some key players 15 Dimma quiet first half but got them going in the second,also 32 CHF smart player that showed a bit.Looking forward to taking on Elsternwick after there big win on the weekend.

old westbourne had some out for that match but still was a massive win, hopefully they can come back this week. interesting that your saying they looked unfit, that may be something i could pass on

Up and coming ruckman Harley tunnicliffe didn't play for unknown reasons. May have made a bit of a difference from what i've seen in the pratice matches he played. Hopefully not injured

Your gunna have a different perspective than me.... And naturally enough..

IMO If your bloke had been collected high he would have been carried off the ground on a stretcher from the noise it made. Haven't heard a smacking sound like it before.... Either that or your bloke has a head made out of granite!!

I agree no damage done so fair enough, I was side on to it and he lept into the bump which could have turned out bad. all good, Timmy is a tough kid and perhaps he didn't hit the head on this occasion, however it could have go ugly.

Looks like it will be a wet slog this week, round 2 and straight into it!

Up and coming ruckman Harley tunnicliffe didn't play for unknown reasons. May have made a bit of a difference from what i've seen in the pratice matches he played. Hopefully not injured

did see him play earlier this year definitely has potential but is only young, hopefully its not a serious injury, would be loss in the ow team which struggles for height as is

Thoughts on the matches this week with some interesting matchups:

Round 2.
UHS-VU vs Kew Two super impressive winners from the opening round and this should give us a gauge as to how they will be going forward.
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe Massive win against poor opposition last week by the Valley and although the opposition should be tougher this week they should still prevail.
Elsternwick vs Aquinas Both solid winners in Round 1 should prove to be a good matchup with the home team remaining undefeated.
Richmond vs Hawthorn Both were vanquished last week with this week an opportunity to atone. Think the Stationmasters can get to the station on time.
St Francis Xavier vs Albert Park Both put in creditable losing performances last week and favour the Parkers to open their account here.
Old Westbourne vs Power House Two more disappointing losers from Round 1 but the old boys were a bit better and at home should win.

Thoughts on the matches this week with some interesting matchups:

Round 2.
UHS-VU vs Kew Two super impressive winners from the opening round and this should give us a gauge as to how they will be going forward.
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe Massive win against poor opposition last week by the Valley and although the opposition should be tougher this week they should still prevail.
Elsternwick vs Aquinas Both solid winners in Round 1 should prove to be a good matchup with the home team remaining undefeated.
Richmond vs Hawthorn Both were vanquished last week with this week an opportunity to atone. Think the Stationmasters can get to the station on time.
St Francis Xavier vs Albert Park Both put in creditable losing performances last week and favour the Parkers to open their account here.
Old Westbourne vs Power House Two more disappointing losers from Round 1 but the old boys were a bit better and at home should win.

Round 2.

UHS-VU vs Kew - Cracker going with the home team just
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe - will not be loosing this year at Home
Elsternwickvs Aquinas - Think the Aquines win is the better of the 2, Wicks only won due to RC injuries
Richmond vs Hawthorn - RC maybe the better of the 2 at home (see RABS2000)
St Francis Xavier vs Albert Park - Home team again for mine!
Old Westbourne vs Power House - early in the season but I'm tipping a nill all draw! (maybe PH)

Round 2 tips:

Uni High over Kew by 12 pts. Big game. How much have Kew improved and are Uni High in fact better than last year? The winner will flag themselves as an early finalist.

Hoes over YV by 5 pts. Yarra valley are the team to beat but if a lot goes right, we can get the points.

Elsternwick v Aquinas. Aquinas by 24 pts. Elsternwick always tough to beat at home but generally fall short of the better sides and I suspect Aquinas are one of those.

Richmond v Hawthorn. Richmond by 36 pts. I've dropped the Hawks like the proverbial hot spud so the Tigers to celebrate at home.

St Francis v Albert Park. St Francis by 30 pts. Another tough away trip for Albert Park and while they will be in the game for a long time, St Francis to run away in the end.

OW v Powerhouse. OW by 20 pts. Both looking at long seasons after round 1. Surely Powerhouse won't waste Edwards at full back again? The House every chance but I'll go with Francesco Pavez's side to get the points.

Round 2 tips:

Uni High over Kew by 12 pts. Big game. How much have Kew improved and are Uni High in fact better than last year? The winner will flag themselves as an early finalist.

Hoes over YV by 5 pts. Yarra valley are the team to beat but if a lot goes right, we can get the points.

Elsternwick v Aquinas. Aquinas by 24 pts. Elsternwick always tough to beat at home but generally fall short of the better sides and I suspect Aquinas are one of those.

Richmond v Hawthorn. Richmond by 36 pts. I've dropped the Hawks like the proverbial hot spud so the Tigers to celebrate at home.

St Francis v Albert Park. St Francis by 30 pts. Another tough away trip for Albert Park and while they will be in the game for a long time, St Francis to run away in the end.

OW v Powerhouse. OW by 20 pts. Both looking at long seasons after round 1. Surely Powerhouse won't waste Edwards at full back again? The House every chance but I'll go with Francesco Pavez's side to get the points.

I'll tip what the Wamba tips, no man knows more about the d3 than this man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back