D3 Division 3 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't UHSVU beat La Trobe at La Trobe and Gryphons at Glen Eira?
That maybe true, but win loss ratio would suggest then that have lost to a number of lesser teams as well. But the great thing about finals is that home and away form can count for nought. I am merely stating my opinion and will be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Seriously, is it that much to ask that the blokes writing reviews and previews on the VAFA website and in the record actually know what the finals fixtures/structure are?

After 18 rounds we now head into the business time of the season. Power House is playing amazing, full of confidence and will look to cause the first upset. Although a frustrated Glen Eira after seeing the minor premiership slip from their grasp will be too strong. The rampaging Hawthorn will host the pesky Swans in the opening round but the Division’s top scoring squad will have too many weapons for the travelling outfit. In the final game, La Trobe will rely on their suffocating defence to handle the UHS-VU Vultures and advance one step closer to the title. Can’t wait.

Power House are in good form but will struggle to out run UHS VU, who will have too much firepower.
Sth Melb will not get near LaTrobe.
Finals footy is unchartered territory for Glen Eira of late. Fully expect Hawthorn to get another week off and deserved promotion.
Uni High will run LaTrobe close but for mine the Trobers are a smokey and should account well for themselves in a preliminary final.
So I think the grand final will be between 1 & 2. Hawthorn must someday beat their finals hoodoo. Should Glen Eira win the second semi I will be
thinking Hawthorn will be thier grand final opponent.
Good luck to all teams.

Power House are in good form but will struggle to out run UHS VU, who will have too much firepower.
Sth Melb will not get near LaTrobe.
Finals footy is unchartered territory for Glen Eira of late. Fully expect Hawthorn to get another week off and deserved promotion.
Uni High will run LaTrobe close but for mine the Trobers are a smokey and should account well for themselves in a preliminary final.
So I think the grand final will be between 1 & 2. Hawthorn must someday beat their finals hoodoo. Should Glen Eira win the second semi I will be
thinking Hawthorn will be thier grand final opponent.
Good luck to all teams.

You haven't quite got the draw right there I think Sidewinder

Presuming UHS and La Trobe win this weekend as you predict, then I understand next week it would be UHS vs Hawthorn and La Trobe vs GE for Grand Final Spots.

Maybe that is correct. the vafa only have a 4 team fixture up at the moment. next week sees first & second semis.

Pretty sure its only a 3 week finals series.
That being said, as my post this morning mentioned, it would be nice if those writing the preview and the record actually knew what the finals series structure was

UHSVU to be too strong for Powerhouse
Latrobe comfortably over South Melbourne (provided they can shut down Clarke)

couple of cracking games on the weekend. You would think its fairly predictable on which two teams are getting promoted. Hawthorn look in absolutely ripping knick though

D3 games Saturday reserves , Sunday seniors. St Bernardsville pulled pin on ground.
Not a bad thing. Ground rock hard and no bar after the game. Although having two finals side by side from the same division was a huge tick to VAFA

Not much chat around with only 4 teams left in the hunt....

Glen Eira and Hawthorn my tips for the weekend. Big dance appears like it could go either way!

Farewell Elsternwick, Parkside and Aquinas and welcome to Westbourne and Point Cook likely to join IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for this weekend

Seniors
Hawthorn
Glen Eira

Reserves
Hawthorn
Swinburne

Couple of surprising results on the weekend.

Hawks by 75
Just to spice things up on here, La Trobe to beat Glen Eira by less than 10 points...

Gleeson went off injured vs South last week and didn't return. Noticed he has not been named against Glen Eira, big loss if big red is missing.

The saints have Erwin Ross out too i suspect given his absence in rd 18, unless a bit of Rossy Lyon going on by the brains trust.

Great effort by Powerhouse last week, but would think Hawks have too many scoring avenues and depth

Glen Eira have waited along time for this moment, so interesting to see how they start, 16-2 record will count for little now. Week off must help, La Trobe were squeezed for space but overcame a 5 goal deficit to win. Will be a tight contest .

Hawks by 75
Just to spice things up on here, La Trobe to beat Glen Eira by less than 10 points...

Hawks by 75
Sorry or disappoint, GE by 74 points. Also GE reserves beat Hawthorn for the first time this year. Hopefully a flag or two on the way to D2.

Last edited:
Hope that the senior Hawk chokers don't appear around Coburg over the weekend? Ressies finished on top and are gone already! Ohh?

Hope that the senior Hawk chokers don't appear around Coburg over the weekend? Ressies finished on top and are gone already! Ohh?
Saw the ressies game and the whinging hawthorn full forward got flogged. He didn't hurt anyone although he tried hard. Apart from him the game was played in good spirits with unbiased umpires. Should be two great games Sunday.

Saw the ressies game and the whinging hawthorn full forward got flogged. He didn't hurt anyone although he tried hard. Apart from him the game was played in good spirits with unbiased umpires. Should be two great games Sunday.

Yes history of said player is all in the VAFA tribunal Hall of Shame. He does not understand that his dirty play has serious consequences for fair opponents who just want to play footy. No wonder they lost without their umpire! In the finals of C18 last year he did the same and got rubbed out and missed the premiership. Bully boy loser. Just hope he doesn't get to Div 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back