Do we need May and why, or not

Remove this Banner Ad

After Stephenson outbodied him I say pass.

I will check his stats later but I don’t really rate him that much to be honest.

I will check his stats later but I don’t really rate him that much to be honest.
That play was very concerning to me, but in a better team how good can he be, not sure

Anyone with a modicum of football nous can lay a little hip on an opponent when the ball is already favoring their position-just enough to knock him off balance just as Stevo did. Nine out of ten defenders get done in that situation regardless of size. More often you will see the bloke out of position holding or scragging or giving away a front on contact free.

May looks like a more solid Reid.

Gotta feel for GC potentially losing their book ends... lol.
Sounds like they are getting 2 meter twins high in the draft this year, one a CHF and one a CHB.

Plus they have Thompson as a decent full back for another few years atleast, and Wright should be a decent forward.

There are some clubs worse off i think.

For what it's worth, I don't think there's a snowballs chance in Hell that the Suns let Lynch and May both leave this year.

They'll throw crazy money at May to keep him, for the sake of the brand at least.
What brand?

I would love to land May becasue he is the type of player we need but as always it is price dependent. Trade and salary cost are very important considerations. He isn't a superstar but he's a good FB. I doubt GC would accept our first round 2018 pick alone. Maybe that and someone like Langdon and I'd interested. Anything more and no. As for fitting him into the cap it's hard to say what we could pay him without more knowledge of other contracts but something like $550k for year 1 and escalating by $50k pa over 5 years would be good fur us. Not sure that would interest him enough though. He'd probably get $700k+ offer for 5 years from North and a few others needing to land a "big fish". I don't think we can afford that for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes exactly the type of player we need. Solid KPD that I feel would get even better in a good team. Perfect compliment to a backline consisting of Howe, Maynard, Crisp and Sharenberg. Dunn probably only has 1 more year in him. He would be a great replacement.

Anyone with a modicum of football nous can lay a little hip on an opponent when the ball is already favoring their position-just enough to knock him off balance just as Stevo did. Nine out of ten defenders get done in that situation regardless of size. More often you will see the bloke out of position holding or scragging or giving away a front on contact free.

Fair enough......he just doesn’t inspire me.

Im pissed off that if we've definitely lost out on getting Lynch, and now we're into May, we have to pay overs trade wise with draft picks and players to get him. While the Tigers pay sweet F.A to get their man.

This is where the Dunn injury hurts even more now.

Sounds like they are getting 2 meter twins high in the draft this year, one a CHF and one a CHB.

Plus they have Thompson as a decent full back for another few years atleast, and Wright should be a decent forward.

There are some clubs worse off i think.
More high picks in the draft that they can develop and then send to top 4 teams once they are peaking. QLD footy is a basket case. The best player from one of the worst teams going to the best team, for free? Free agency is a disaster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we need May and why, or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back