Do You think Deledio " Hides in the Shadows"

Remove this Banner Ad

How many quality players are surrounding Hurn and Rosa? Judd, Kerr, Cox, Embley, Braun, Steinglein just a quick half dozen off the top of my head. Now ask yourself how many quality players are there to help Deledio and Tambling?

Rosa and Hurn have the players around them that allow them to go about the business of learning the game without being expected to dominate it. If they happen to perform well like they have then , they are labelled as good players. Deledio and Tambling are expected to carry the load for Richmond by some people. If they struggle they are not working hard enough. If they had some of our senior players stand up and lead the way then perhaps they might have a chance to develop without having to perform at an elite level every week.

Granted we have a very good team, but Hurn has not simply received his touches, he has played on the oppositions best small foward every week and quelled them.

Hell, he flogs them, then rubs it in their face with a goal from outside fifty.

To an extent I agree that Rosa is helped by those around him, but when the chips were down against Geelong, he was still running, still puching and working hard.

The same cannot be said for Deledio and Tambling, there is no excuse for not putting in 100 % and not working hard enough.

Do not make the error of feeling anything less is exceptable. Voss would not make such an observation if he did not feel it warranted.

It is a mental problem and must be overcome. Otherwise, he will continue, along with Tambling, to fall behind.

Granted we have a very good team, but Hurn has not simply received his touches, he has played on the oppositions best small foward every week and quelled them.

Hell, he flogs them, then rubs it in their face with a goal from outside fifty.

To an extent I agree that Rosa is helped by those around him, but when the chips were down against Geelong, he was still running, still puching and working hard.

The same cannot be said for Deledio and Tambling, there is no excuse for not putting in 100 % and not working hard enough.

Do not make the error of feeling anything less is exceptable. Voss would not make such an observation if he did not feel it warranted.

It is a mental problem and must be overcome. Otherwise, he will continue, along with Tambling, to fall behind.

hi pav! :D

Lol, you'd think after all those posts you'd have something good to say.

I was incorrect. :rolleyes:

Graduate from School???? just read your post and then come back to me and explain what you are trying to say... "You'd think blah blah blah..... I was incorrect???"

given that you started a new paragraph I will assume your 2 statements are not related... Yes you were incorrect, Hurn and Rosa are not within a mile of Deledio. Or were you incorrect in your statement above Mcglynn > Hurn???

Hurn and Rosa may not be a talented, but they both perform their roles to the letter, which is alot more than Tambling and Deledio have been doing.

Perhaps that is why Wes Coast sit top 3 and Ricmond are dead last.
I think you're forgetting, Deledio and Tambling are really the 'senior' guys at the club now. They dont have Judds (foley) and Kerrs and Cox's around them.

How many quality players are surrounding Hurn and Rosa? Judd, Kerr, Cox, Embley, Braun, Steinglein just a quick half dozen off the top of my head. Now ask yourself how many quality players are there to help Deledio and Tambling?

Rosa and Hurn have the players around them that allow them to go about the business of learning the game without being expected to dominate it. If they happen to perform well like they have then , they are labelled as good players. Deledio and Tambling are expected to carry the load for Richmond by some people. If they struggle they are not working hard enough. If they had some of our senior players stand up and lead the way then perhaps they might have a chance to develop without having to perform at an elite level every week.

You are not watching west coast games are you?
When Rosa needed to step up due to players not being in the side he has.
What about Deledio this year warrants the best tagger over Foley, Tuck or Tivendale all in the same side performing better.
The senior players your expecting to stand up are likely taggers picking up the slack, your players that are on the field are assigned to do the job, Deledio is outside the Richmond top 5 performers this season could soon slip out the top 10 being around 9th, he simply doesn't put in enough defensive work to be on the level of other players that people mention.
He's being outperformed by 3rd year players in Chris Knights, Heath Shaw, Van Berlo, Rosa, Jordan Lewis, Clinton Young, Danyle Pearce, Nick Malceski, Josh Drummond, Troy Selwood second years Ben McGlynn, Matthew Bate, Marc Murphy, Scott Pendleberry and first year Matt Priddis.
The fact is he is meant to improve but he hasn't and these guys have or are already doing better and Richmond need him and he is sinking rather then swimming.

What about Deledio this year warrants the best tagger over Foley, Tuck or Tivendale all in the same side performing better.
The senior players your expecting to stand up are likely taggers picking up the slack, your players that are on the field are assigned to do the job, Deledio is outside the Richmond top 5 performers this season could soon slip out the top 10 being around 9th, he simply doesn't put in enough defensive work to be on the level of other players that people mention.
He's being outperformed by 3rd year players in Chris Knights, Heath Shaw, Van Berlo, Rosa, Jordan Lewis, Clinton Young, Danyle Pearce, Nick Malceski, Josh Drummond, Troy Selwood second years Ben McGlynn, Matthew Bate, Marc Murphy, Scott Pendleberry and first year Matt Priddis.
The fact is he is meant to improve but he hasn't and these guys have or are already doing better and Richmond need him and he is sinking rather then swimming.

That's a fair look at it.

Deledio is outside the Richmond top 5 performers this season could soon slip out the top 10 being around 9th, he simply doesn't put in enough defensive work to be on the level of other players that people mention.

That's just totally wrong.
Deledio's had a few quite games for us this season but he has also had some incredible ones where he has been our best player.

That's just totally wrong.
Deledio's had a few quite games for us this season but he has also had some incredible ones where he has been our best player.

And all those players have played blinders also just more consistently.
You are blatantly biased.
He needs to stand up defensively.

Deledio needs to work out how to consistantly get rid of those taggers and in some games this season he certainly has and in others he hasnt.

Part of the learning process.

Daniel Kerr still hasnt mastered the art of beating taggers consistantly either and he's much older.

I don't think either Deledio or Tambling do enough to warrant their high draft selections. Their good players but to often they go hiding during the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think either Deledio or Tambling do enough to warrant their high draft selections. Their good players but to often they go hiding during the game.

So does Murphy and where is Livingston again?

Murphy has to put up with the tagging that Deledio does which is why Murphy goes missing at times as well. They are still trying to learn the art of breaking it efficiently.

Once they learn it both Lids and Murphy will become elite players. :thumbsu:

RUBBISH - He has been a very good and damaging player for us. This is just blatant misinformed trolling.

every single one of those players has had their handful of quiet games this season, just like Lids. He has had the second most bounces in the AFL, runs, carries and delivers with class, plays HB, FF and midfield, kicks goals and has had a big impact in plenty of games this season. Leigh Matthews openly said they targeted Deledio bc they believe that he is richmonds most damaging player.

He was missing in the first half against the saints but finished with 18 possessions including 12 in the last quarter. When the game was on the line he lifted and had a crack.

Jake King must be mystified. Cam Howat has done more. Newman.

These blokes have done less?

Cam Howat? r u joking?

Newman has been solid, reliable like he always is but hasnt impacted games like Deledio, King missed a few games early in the season, wasnt crash hot in the first several games but has been very good for the last 5-6 weeks. Not enough to get into a top 5 B&F

i'm a country boy that has grown up near delidio so i'm a bit bias but he isn't a player that goes in and get's it himself he is a reciever and bloody good at it.

was certainly the case in his first couple of seasons, however this season hes regularly getting 8-10 hard ball gets a game from his average of 20 which indicates hes developing that side of his game nicely

was certainly the case in his first couple of seasons, however this season hes regularly getting 8-10 hard ball gets a game from his average of 20 which indicates hes developing that side of his game nicely

8 - 10 might be going a bit far but i don't no why the person that started this thread thought delidio is soft basically

RUBBISH - He has been a very good and damaging player for us. This is just blatant misinformed trolling.

every single one of those players has had their handful of quiet games this season, just like Lids. He has had the second most bounces in the AFL, runs, carries and delivers with class, plays HB, FF and midfield, kicks goals and has had a big impact in plenty of games this season. Leigh Matthews openly said they targeted Deledio bc they believe that he is richmonds most damaging player.

He was missing in the first half against the saints but finished with 18 possessions including 12 in the last quarter. When the game was on the line he lifted and had a crack.

What you say would be taken indirectly to mean that these other players have played worse then he has which is not the case.
Like I said these players have been more consistently better performed it is not a huge list you are being ridiculous.
I did not say he has been poor, he just has not improved his output where as others have.

8 - 10 might be going a bit far but i don't no why the person that started this thread thought delidio is soft basically

done it in at least half his games so far probably a few more

had shockers against carlton/geelong/brisbane. But in the other games his contested vs uncontested stats are closer than what a lot of ppl think

What you say would be taken indirectly to mean that these other players have played worse then he has which is not the case.
Like I said these players have been more consistently better performed it is not a huge list you are being ridiculous.
I did not say he has been poor, he just has not improved his output where as others have.

give the tigers ago. i'm a collingwood supporter and i think richmond are inexperienced at the moment and there a longterm plan

why bc you say so?

dont misconstrue your own viewpoint as fact.

Im not saying hes been better than all of them, of course he hasnt, but hes certainly not the odd one out when you put him in amongst those players in terms of output. You listed those players as all being better consistently performed. The fact that you stated he seems to be sinking rather than swimming is just ridiculous. His average disposals are around 20, hes kicked his fair share of goals even though hes thrown forward, back and midfield each game. He regularly gets the oppositions best tagwho sits on him even when hes moved to HB (ling, brisbane, stkilda), How exactly hasnt he improved his output? just a stupid thing to say :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Oh there we go because you say so instead.
he is being tagged in all these positions? Generally if your thrown in as a forward you get a tag in a defender, I do wonder if Nathan Brown gets a tag.
However when a player is damaging you the tag switches to them unless a coach is being completely inept.
Richmond are a long term plan other wise they wouldn't state it so much.
Output is fact, Richmond are bottom they depend on this player like other teams depend on those players who are giving their teams more.
Deledio is likely to improve it but hasn't yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do You think Deledio " Hides in the Shadows"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back