Do you think Richmond Will Make Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win tonight by the Tigers, but the Eagles are a shit team this year, their record at home alone speaks for itself, we beat them there as well and no one gave the Blues any credit now I can see why, Eagles are no good.

Every chance of making the eight. Richmond will most likely need 13 wins to make the eight, so that means they have to win 7 out of the nest 12 to do it. Easily possible.

Not only that, but Richmond have already played 6 out of the top 8 (given they're in the top eight, it's out of 7 teams), they've played both WA sides away. Sure, that's not a tough draw, but it's not an easy draw either, and is probably comparable to other sides around 7-11th. They also only travel 3 times, those matches being against GC, GWS and Sydney. I pencil the Sydney game as a loss, and GC worry me, but that's a decent run. I'd also like to point out that 7 of the next 12 matches are played against sides not currently in the eight. That might change of course but this victory was very handy.

Richmond need to win against Adelaide, St Kilda, Footscray, GC, GWS and Brisbane (all games they'd be favourites in) and win one of North, Carlton or Essendon. Hopefully later in the year, Richmond will get some players back, apparently Conca, Ellis and Petterd will be back after the break. Fingers crossed, only Tuck and Knights will be missing from the 22. I'm writing Sydney, Hawthorn and Fremantle off, even at the mcg, I doubt Lyon will allow his team to drop it's bundle, especially if they get the likes of Pavlich or Sandilands back. But still, that gives Richmond a group of 9 or so games to fashion 7 victories. It seems tough, but most sides like North, Adelaide, Carlton and West Coast have a few games to win as well. Richmond have a lot of legwork to do but it's a distinct possibility. Before tonight, it was tough, but after this, it's possible.

You've beaten us the last couple of games.

Second quarter tonight was superb. Bring that game to the SCG and it will be a beauty.

I think you'll make the eight.

Not in Sydney though. Furthermore, Sydney retooled the way they play so that, even at the mcg, Sydney are unlikely to win. You've also got Tippett coming back. If Richmond gets the likes of Tuck, Conca and Ellis back, and doesn't lose any players, it's an outside chance, but I wouldn't be relying on a victory against Sydney at the mcg in the middle of winter. Aint gonna happen, and that's no shame because you're a damn good footy side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've beaten us the last couple of games.

Second quarter tonight was superb. Bring that game to the SCG and it will be a beauty.

I think you'll make the eight.
Richmond playing Sydney at the MCG I would pen it as a win but at the SCG maybe 50/50. Never played well at the venue for a long time!

Drug argument, the last refuge of a losing side. Good luck being flat track bullies.

You're calling US flat track bullies? The knock on us for years has been that we don't win the games that we should... I mean, we're yet to beat GC. We've never had a Kyle Reimers type kick 10 against them!

If they lose tonight history says no/unlikely. They have a good side and have looked promising this year but have failed to capitalise in some important games that could hurt them at the end.

The biggest question though is while the club has made improvements both on and off field, if they fail to perform this year then will or should they be subject to Melbourne like pressure? 13 years then without a final and really little signs of improvement will agruably have been seen. It will also be 4 years since the administration was changed (2/3s of the time since Melbourne made the finals last).

What are your thoughts on Richmond this year and how the club looks in the future??? Should the AFL pressure them like Melbourne.

I know this is a troll but why? We are on the improve and have been for the last few years. Not like we are exactly struggling like Melbourne are.

Drug argument, the last refuge of a losing side. Good luck being flat track bullies.

Oh we lost? My, I thought that win was too good to be true :(

Ready for another 96 point implosion against the blues this Friday? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Richmond Will Make Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back