News Dodd nominates for national draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilmore and Head were also far better users of the ball.

:eek::eek::eek:
Say WHAAAAAAAT??

Melonhead, you've been sniffing too much kat-nip. Or you have your head buried in the (used) kitty litter...

Doddy was never going to win the Brownlow, but he tried his guts out for us, and in his best 3 years (06-09) did a damn fine job in shutting down some talented players during a period when we had very few defenders who were willing to go the extra yard to stop their opponent even when we were being smashed on the scoreboard.

Never flashy, never perfect, never silky, therefore never a chance of being Freo post 2010, but still deserves much respect for his performances and efforts for our side in darker years, when there was much pain and little signs of joy ahead. Best wishes Stompy - and I hope you get to smash that toad Betts one more time...

wat a joke....if this guy gets picked up by any afl team, they need to have a good hard look at themselves. i would have thought there would be a few forwards in the wafl rubbing their hands together after the dockers delisted him. why cant he stop trying to embarrass himself and fade off into the country somewhere at kick some dew

If he's so bad why did we pick him up ?

The core of our backline were players like Duff, MJ, Roger and Mundy, all of which offer more offensively than defensively. Gilmore and Head were competing against those sort of players, as they more or less played the same role.

Duffield has only been a regular the last few years, don't think he played much while Connolly was coach ?

Dodd offered a LOT more than Head IMO aswell as guys like Walker, Dunn and Pratt.

:eek::eek::eek:
Say WHAAAAAAAT??

Melonhead, you've been sniffing too much kat-nip. Or you have your head buried in the (used) kitty litter...

Doddy was never going to win the Brownlow, but he tried his guts out for us, and in his best 3 years (06-09) did a damn fine job in shutting down some talented players during a period when we had very few defenders who were willing to go the extra yard to stop their opponent even when we were being smashed on the scoreboard.

Never flashy, never perfect, never silky, therefore never a chance of being Freo post 2010, but still deserves much respect for his performances and efforts for our side in darker years, when there was much pain and little signs of joy ahead. Best wishes Stompy - and I hope you get to smash that toad Betts one more time...

Head's disposal is the reason we picked him up. Dodd's disposal is the reason we are letting him go.

Liked the Melonhead, and the bit about the kitty litter was good stuff. Not sure what kat-nip is though, never been one of those Americanised Aussies, but hey without America we wouldn't have McDonalds or Justin Bieber, so two thumbs up for the yanks.

Duffield has only been a regular the last few years, don't think he played much while Connolly was coach ?

Dodd offered a LOT more than Head IMO aswell as guys like Walker, Dunn and Pratt.

As I said, Dodd was fortunate enough to play a role for the team in which he faced far less competition for his place in the side. I don't think he was as good a player as Walker, but sure, he offered more defensively than Walker did. Comparing Dodd to Dunn and Pratt kind of enhances my point though, as they were essentially non players for the club. If he was a good player, then we'd be comparing him to other sorts i suppose.

Anyways, it's not that big a deal for me, thank **** Dodd is finally gone, but hey, best of luck in the future for him.

Funny stuff BPG. When we were a struggling side I always liked Dodd, mainly for his tenacity. Has a great tank, he's more of an athlete than an AFL player. Really good in the 1 on 1 if his opponent isn't too fast, always puts his body on the line.

Shame he couldn't improve his skills by foot and hand, he could have used that tank to much better advantage.

He would be good in a new team like Gold Coast, protecting his younger team mates and playing good shutdown 1 on 1 until they develop an understanding for the zone defence. They have Hunt in that role, so I guess this might be the final curtain. Good luck Stompy.

I had happy as my buddy on '09 and Dodd as my buddy this year.

Both at different times during their careers played good footy for FFC.

I'm looking at Ibbo as my buddy next year.

Would really prefer it if you to take Hinkley. Could Mundy's 2010 buddy please pick up Ibbo and make something of him next year.

Actually Dugrene, based on the past 2 years, this trend should see you delisted from the buddy list when we get the last crab off our list. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dodd nominates for national draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back