does anyone think Straunie is even midly funny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't mind the segment on BTG. I think if BTG got rid of it, it will lose part of the show. But Straunie at Brownlow, Rising star.etc = no

Agreed. Other than that, Before the Game is a very funny show.

yep, best "light entertainment" footy show around.

. . although i'm quite partial to the sunday morning one with billy, brian, danny & co as well.

but BTG is my favourite for sure.

the worst would have to be "the western front", all you eastern staters, be thankful you don't have to see this rubbish on your screens.

Hellier is funny. I wish the show was called Pete rather than Rove cause that little pr!ck couldn't get me to laugh in a million years.

Straunie was alright but its gone on a bit too long. Hang up the hair Pete!

He is hillarious! Peter Hellyer (spelling?) is one of the two funnniest men in Australia (along with Dave Hughes).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not funny, 1 joke in 10 of helliers is funny, for straunchie the ratio is a fair bit lower

the only thing i like about rove is the fact that they keep the jokes coming quick, and if one isnt funny its only a few seconds before they pony up and try another one.

it indicates that they understand 2 things: that their material is weak and that funny is cumulative, if you stack two mildy funny jokes or put em in quick succession it ends up being quite funny.

for proof, look at robin williams live at the met in the 80s, the jokes he tells arent hilarious, but they are set at cocaine-rapid-fire pace and they end up being unbelievably funny.

now look at saturday night live, each joke is mildly funny, no funnier than robin williams, but because there is a 5 minute wait for each one then its a comedy wasteland. the only funny bit of SNL in the last 10 years has been the news cast, and why? 5-10 jokes per minute, thats why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back