Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Another good game from Bramble too.

Had a really good season, been a great find. Think Scrag found him so we owe him one and should be on our staff for this trade period.

Saw him a little bit at Hawthorn and thought he was solid. Thought he'd be decent depth but didn't think he'd be a regular.

First few games he was excellent, then he had a bit of a spell where he wasn't fantastic and probably fortunate to keep his spot in the side, but has repaid the faith and he's last 7 or so weeks have been of very high quality. Has earned his spot for sure and hard to see him losing it anytime soon.

Without impacting the score board heaps, Naughtons marking on the wing or forward flank has been massive
Modern footy is a bit different but he's like an old-fashioned centre-half forward rather than the full-forward he was when he first moved to the forward line. He's played as an excellent all-around player this season - goals, quality ball movement, pressure, groundball and air. It's great balance to the other forwards we have.

Wodaboutme? It isn't fair. WOD. ABOUT. ME!!!

27e6e1794497c6bd79ed289c7efbb7c0
Put him in a Harry Potter movie, and he could be Lord Voldermort.

He’s actually not wrong. Bont’s 3 vote games aren’t equal to Neale’s 3 vote games.

Sort of like a team sport Gold in the Olympics is somehow only worth the same as the golds they hand out like lollies in the gymnastics, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After that Port game I was dreading the month ahead.

Carlton, Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne.

To say I’m pleasantly surprised at how we’ve gone against them is understatement.

What amazing form we are in.

The only problem tonight was the goal kicking (what else is new)

I’m too superstitious to make any predictions, but geez - we’re dangerous.

Let’s keep it going.
I think we all were. And many of us fickle supporters thought Bevo was a lost cause. I hope he continues doing his job so well.

Bev and the coaches were terrible for the first half of the year. But cannot be faulted since. The contribution and confidence all players have right now is a credit to the coaching team.

Maybe it's just taken time for the new coaches, strategies and players to gel. Plus a few position tweaks with Richards, Lobb etc.
Or maybe it's healthy competition for the 22 forcing the bottom tier to give more effort.

Either way Bev and co have been performing and deserve the credit now just as they deserved blame prior.

The handball game is back with a vengeance. We sliced them up off half back and through the middle with some beautiful quick handballs until someone was running past for the handball receive in space. What a difference our quick ball movement compared to their slow and stagnant movement all night.

Credit to the whole club, what a turnaround from round 1 when it looked like another year of pain ahead. Bring on September

Great win tonight.

Went along with my Mum who is a Dees fan but we sit in our separate areas and meet up post match :D

It has been a great few weeks. Bontempelli was amazing in that first half. Just amazing he still has not got a Brownlow.

Treloar another really good and I thought Libba fought really hard and Poulter had a good game.

Even though Jamarra had a poor night with the goal kicking he still did heaps of great things and has really elevated his game over the last couple of weeks.

Go Footscray! Go Bulldogs!

I just have to say, that was a brilliant night. Atmosphere was so positive in the ground and hearing sons of scray blaring over the speaker was unreal. Also the footscray chants breaking out all over the ground brought a tear to my eye.

Combined with the whitten oval development, we're booming. Up the dogs!

Yes it’s way too nice, but I loved it tonight. Also if you’re old enough to remember after We’ll come out smiling if we win or lose. Everyone would yell out We win !!
Unfortunately it seemed no one around me remembered that part 🤪

The Footscray chant on the member’s wing was beautiful and louder than usual.
I didn’t realise how invested I was in the name Footscray and it seemed many others were too.

A few of us remembered! We sang it at the end.

The Footscray chants were great, was right in the middle of it a few times, credit to the fans around us who started them each time.

Oh, and we stuck it right up 'em.

I suspect credit is due to the new coaches and Lade and fitness guy. It’s probably taken a while to click but all of a sudden we look confident, we have a blueprint, everyone knows their role in a structure.
Just as GWS did in the 2nd half of last season because of that fitness coach. He is gold

I'm glad the words were changed from " We'll come out smiling if we win or lose.!"

To me that particular line reaks of mediocrity and a footy club that accepts mediocrity and isn't all about fostering a winning culture..

The new words in the song are much better and more positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back