Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

The sack Beveridge club can't just walk away from this, if you're sacked you're gone forever.
Id rather more loyal supporters, and less topsy turvy members every day.
The anti Bev club need to just piss off.

I wanted to like this twice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Has there been a bigger drop off from a player than Clayton Oliver? I known there are reasons behind it but it's staggering how far off his best he is. What a contract to carry.
Not sure what is going on with him. Early in the game, he had the ball on the wing and looked backwards for a handball. Couldn’t find a teammate so just blindly snapped it forward straight to us while under no pressure - was the sort of thing you might see at Under 15s

Just to let you know my track record I didn’t see it when we recruited Duryea and I didn’t see it when we recruited Bramble. Full disclosure.

I’m not seeing it with Coffield. He loses his feet too much imo and doesn’t have great pace or a great kick. I’d like JOD in as soon as possible. Playing both Coffield and Khamis in the same defence is increasing the opportunity for things to go awry. Awry doesn’t get mentioned much in here but you do not want it in a premiership tilt.
Don't think we can forget that Coffield's played, what, ten games in three years? He's not your standard 24yo. Think he's got a lot of growth left in him.

The issue with Buku is his agility. He is probably the slowest on the list or close to. As soon as it hits the ground he moves like a lumbering ruckman. We don’t need his intercepting with Jones and Lobb but rather some dash. I’d prefer Freijah. Coffield also looks slow but I think he needs another pre-season.

The sack Beveridge club can't just walk away from this, if you're sacked you're gone forever.
Id rather more loyal supporters, and less topsy turvy members every day.
The anti Bev club need to just piss off.
I thought this was a football club not a cult. :rolleyes:
If you don't want to read differing opinions maybe you should piss off?

Not sure what is going on with him. Early in the game, he had the ball on the wing and looked backwards for a handball. Couldn’t find a teammate so just blindly snapped it forward straight to us while under no pressure - was the sort of thing you might see at Under 15s
Melbourne supporters have been concerned about his dump kicks for years. He was just so good at everything else it masked his kicking deficiency

Excellent review.
Would be great to find a better version of McNeil. Someone that provided that pressure but more skilled.
I have come to terms with VDM.
Sounds crazy ( and probably is ) but wouldn’t be surprised he has a game where all goes well for him and he kicks 4 or 5 goals .
Maybe I celebrated a little too hard last night 🤪
Would be well worth taking a look at Nathan Buckleys on Fox Footy comments about the players you mention. He had big wraps on the unrecognised work they do all game to cause spread that allows other to take advantage. Great to hear a former coaches description of their much needed roles.

I think we were 38pts up in the 3rd or early 4th and I said to my son that I still felt they would get on a run of goals. It just didn’t feel enough…..I think it’s called long time dogs supporter syndrome
I think we all have that. I often feel like Danny from Droop Street😀

Just watching the replay. I know others have said it, but I just want to reiterate how good that red collar on the jumper looks...
Going to shoot Bambi.

The collars look rubbish imo. Not because collars in general are silly but because ASICS executed them poorly. They just looked like triangular flaps half the time. I love the red though. I genuinely think our 2021-22 guernsey is the best looking guernsey we’ve had.

In saying that. I bought one of the guernseys just because I’m a bit of a collector haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope he can settle into a Vlastuin type defender for us with some continuity

He was top 10 in the comp for intercept marks in 2020 so he does have ability. Does look like a guy that has been out injured for two and a half seasons.

He’s been solid enough though. Freijah hasn’t really put a foot wrong this season and wouldn’t be surprised if he takes Coffield’s spot before the season is out. Its good to see Coffield getting some continuity and think he’ll have a bit of a jump in 2025 if his body doesn’t let him down again.

Yes , watching on TV I was worried for Tim as well.
Innitially thought he would be sent from the field, but I may have missed the outcome as we were grandy sitting too.
West’s strapped right shoulder copped a knock right near the end. I saw him wince, briefly.

Going to shoot Bambi.

The collars look rubbish imo. Not because collars in general are silly but because ASICS executed them poorly. They just looked like triangular flaps half the time. I love the red though. I genuinely think our 2021-22 guernsey is the best looking guernsey we’ve had.

In saying that. I bought one of the guernseys just because I’m a bit of a collector haha.
Yep, that's fair enough I think it is the red more than anything that I like I also bought one, for the nostalgia it represents, I guess.

This is just a minor issue, have noticed jones spoiling Lobb and Buku a bit at contests, don’t think he needs to go every time and can trust Lobb and Buku to mark imo
Poor Liam Jones has been running around down back with the likes of Alex Keath, Josh Bruce and Ryan Gardner for 18 months so it'll take some time to get the trust back.

I really need to give Weightman some praise. He has been playing incredibly selfless roles since the Carlton game, which is what is allowing some of his team mates to start dominating. It was highlighted when McDonald gave away a 50 and we got to see the work that Cody was putting into him to create a bit of space for Naughton. The fact that he's sacrificing his own game to create opportunities for his team mates, while still managing to hit the scoreboard himself, is insane. We get so much value out of that guy - he's easily in our top handful of most important players in my opinion.

I really need to give Weightman some praise. He has been playing incredibly selfless roles since the Carlton game, which is what is allowing some of his team mates to start dominating. It was highlighted when McDonald gave away a 50 and we got to see the work that Cody was putting into him to create a bit of space for Naughton. The fact that he's sacrificing his own game to create opportunities for his team mates, while still managing to hit the scoreboard himself, is insane. We get so much value out of that guy - he's easily in our top handful of most important players in my opinion.
In the fourth quarter he cleared a ball from our defensive goal square. His work rate is excellent

Going to shoot Bambi.

They just need to bring back the red collar instead of the white. And make it a bit thinner.

3:41 on the Kayo replay Jordan Lewis shows some really good footage of what Vanders does, Bucks goes on to explain it further too.
I looked at more then three assists, i cant believe the crap he cops on here TBH, the handball out to bont in congestion and the kick to Weightman were class

The issue with Buku is his agility. He is probably the slowest on the list or close to. As soon as it hits the ground he moves like a lumbering ruckman. We don’t need his intercepting with Jones and Lobb but rather some dash. I’d prefer Freijah. Coffield also looks slow but I think he needs another pre-season.
Yes bit of a head scratcher that Freijah is out but what would we know :$

Last edited:
I think we all have that. I often feel like Danny from Droop Street😀
Guy who sits behind us provides non stop incisive commentary. A couple of his highlights were that VDM reminds him of Picken . Then ‘There’s only a minute to go, we can’t lose now’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back