Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

I looked at more then three assists, i cant believe the crap he cops on here TBH

If he tidied up his decision-making and kicking no one would bat an eyelid. He CAN make good decisions but his clangers are almost always unforced and he's kicked just 8 goals from his 23 shots (35%) which is the lowest accuracy at the club for anyone with 23+ shots. He's also lowest ranked at the club for xScore differential which means he's kicking well below the competition average for the shots he's getting.

Source: Wheelo

Just watched the replay. God so frustrating! I know it’ll all click one day and we’ll kick straight. When that happens, it’ll be a massacre.

Dunkley there! Wonder what he’s thinking if our outfit. Was a nice touch I thought.
Dunkley is a professional footballer, left for the money but gave his all when with us winning the best and fairest in his last year and a premiership player.

Hope he wins nothing with the Lions as I want us to win then do not care after that, but hope when he retires comes back to premiership reunions

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Buku can make me a little nervous at times specially defending the crafty types but he’s improving all the time and stays in for me. Freijah for Coffield is the change for me. JOD will need to bide his time for now IMO.
Buku must play finals! The Bulldogs have never won a Grand Final without a number 24 on the field.

If he tidied up his decision-making and kicking no one would bat an eyelid. He CAN make good decisions but his clangers are almost always unforced and he's kicked just 8 goals from his 23 shots (35%) which is the lowest accuracy at the club for anyone with 23+ shots. He's also lowest ranked at the club for xScore differential which means he's kicking well below the competition average for the shots he's getting.

Source: Wheelo

Bit like Leigh Mathews story where he criticized Acker for not getting enough contested ball. Acker went off and thought about it for a while, then came back and said "see, I run so fast that I get to the ball before the opposition, so theres no contest"

The moment with Ads and his little girl. As a young girl Dad myself, I was a bit misty in the eye department.

We are expecting our first in January and I’ve always been set on a boy, but seeing things as cute as Ads and his girl makes me ok with being a girl dad.

Still hope we have a boy though. It’ll be awkward for a girl growing up with her first name being Marcus and middle name Bontempelli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not worried, Im quite used to being wrong.

Some in here might even call it the defining trait of my bigfooty persona.

Speaking of Duryea.

The retention of him on the list has been another canny bit of list management by Sam 'Midas Touch' Power.
Love the humility there Norm 🙂

Excellent review.
Would be great to find a better version of McNeil. Someone that provided that pressure but more skilled.
I have come to terms with VDM.rel
Sounds crazy ( and probably is ) but wouldn’t be surprised he has a game where all goes well for him and he kicks 4 or 5 goals .
Maybe I celebrated a little too hard last night 🤪
Actually VDM gets a bit of slack, from me as well, but he is a very valuable player in that he is a role player who creates a lot of pressure and space off the ball. His skills are pretty poor, but he covers an amazing amount of ground by running and creating space for others as explained earlier. This is very valuable for us.

The only place people will see perfection is watching No.4. The speed at which VDM operates does lend itself to mistakes. He makes plenty and yet he's a net positive in terms of impact and influence on team mates.

His contribution is not blindingly obvious but perhaps now, with Lewis' and Buck's comments, people might be inclined to at least explore and look more for what he does offer and why it's important to the blend and balance of the team rather than what he doesn't do/offer.
Correct. It is the way in which he creates space by making opposition players follow him at great speed. This allows space being created where other players can go to and begin an attack, like the Bont example. VDM runs at angles when we have the ball. It looks weird, but you need to see how when the other player follows him, the space opens up for our own players to profit from.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back