Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad I went today, missed a few games this year. Would e have gone to Footscray if the gap between games was closer to one hour than 3.

Caleb sensational, spell in the twos has got him back in line. Ditto Biggs, his second, third efforts are back and his DE is as well. Really hoping Libba follows suit. I have faith he will. So good having Wallis back.

Good to see Stringer play well, didn't showboat much either. Thanked team mates, got on with it. Maybe he's lost a bit of his arrogance, could be a good thing.

Macrae's kicking can annoy me at times but it was a thing of beauty today. Dale had a stinker of a first quarter and a half. Was pretty good after that. Shame about Murph, heard someone say something about him in the crowd toward the end, didn't know what happened. Saw Jong go off earlier than others with ice pack on face, hopefully he's ok.

Bont pretty poor today, pretty poor since West Coast game I reckon. Glad to have Rough back, English showed little glimpses without really doing too much.

A win, no heart attack near the end. I'll take that.

As I noted in the game day thread St.kilda fans are just consistently ****ing awful. I had the dubious pleasure once again of being surrounded by a group of 7-8 mostly middle aged or elderly 'gentlemen' one of whom spent the entire game commentating on ever single player/ player screw up/success/coaching move/non-coaching move and umpiring decision like a 10 year old during morning recess, all the time never going under 100 dB. Then there was his bearded friend who just ranted, raved and stomped around like an escapee from a lunatic asylum...

Inevitably as they always do, once the game turned against them early in the first they reverted to type and proceeded to rubbish every single one of their players, the coach, their culture and finally each other. Its little wonder that they used to contain these morons in the 'animal enclosure' during the dark days at Moorabbin. If only Etihad could do the same.

Last edited:

Back on the winners list. Didn't play amazingly but still very solid effort.

Jake, do that every week. Everyone knows you can.

Good solid workman like win today.
Still not firing on all cylinders but got the job done and had some players display some promising form.

For all those posters getting stuck into the Bont, I think he was/is clearly carrying some sort of injury. There were a few times today where he was really hobbling and struggling to cover the ground.

I wish that people wouldn't lump Dale and Williams together based on their first name. I thought Dale was excellent today, whilst Williams was just ok and made a few mistakes that might have been badly punished in a tighter game. Although Murphy's injury strengthens his case for staying in the team for a few more weeks, I think he needs to get a lot better if he wants to cement a spot in the side.

Caleb Daniel was a joy to watch today.

Last edited:
That was an incredible defensive effort. Adams is blue chip. But we looked like we did last year which was very encouraging. Even our inability to convert easy opportunities was just like when we won the premiership ☺

Loved Stringer and Dales games. Ages since Stringer had a five goal game. Imagine him fit and in that sort of firm in finals. Daily Bale is almost there, bubbling along very nicely. I like how he works into games and often his best work is in the last. Maintains his composure and skills even when fatigued.

Big finish to the year coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a very nice day at the footy. Not the best, but still enjoyable. The win makes it five in a row for me. Still not impressed with the quality and sometimes overuse of handball, but it was good to see the team play in a steadier manner from the game against Richmond. Caleb Daniel was magnificent. He was everywhere and to see him spoil a mark from a Saint almost ten feet tall was a joy. Glad to see Stringer play well. I'm always happy when we beat the Saints. I still have scars from standing with Saints friends in the animal enclosure at Moorabbin back in the 80s. I believe it's the first place I ever had a concussion.

And now we have to wait another three weeks before our next match at Etihad? I'm going to forget the names of the people I am sitting with.

He used to be pretty good in front of goal from a set shot. Hopefully he gets that back.
Yeah last year and beginning of this year he has been quite poor with his set shot conversion. Bontempelli recently has disappointed me regarding shots at goal, kicked 11.6 in his first 8 games. In the last two weeks his kicked 1.7.

This win. With a 90+ point win in the VFL with our AFL listed players dominating. Seems like we are building that momentum. Flying under the radar going into the bye. Keep letting the media talk about that premiership hangover. ;)

The Bont is clearly out of form, injured or both but given what he's achieved for this club we should be wishing him a speedy recovery rather than potting him.

Last time I checked through the stat books, 21 year olds who win B & Fs for their club in Premiership years were a rare breed.

I back the Bont to come back firing after the bye and make anyone who called for his dropping look ridiculous.

His second half of last year was stellar, after patchy early form. He's a Spring Carnival sort of stallion, he doesn't need to get up for every stakes race on the calendar.

If he'd had 22 possessions and kicked 4.1 today would you be saying he was out of form?
I reckon he spent 50-60% of match as a forward.

Workmanlike win - with lots of poor disposal, not just shots at goal, but missed targets going forward. Need to address that across the board.

Oh, and wish we had good young players like Billings and McCartin, and a gun recruit like Carlisle. Those 3 were unstoppable today....

Which ones were they again?

Caleb Daniel BOG.

little Diego is such a gem. little Diego = sam Mitchell on steroids, but without the steroids, if you know what I mean. best on ground by far!!! my fav player at the doggies. Bont, stop believing your bullshit and grow up. learn from little Diego's skill and focus.

Lol at Richmond 0.1 less than us for percentage
We have kicked exactly the same number of points for (879) as Richmond and conceded almost exactly the same, Richmond 812 to our 811.

Workmanlike win - with lots of poor disposal, not just shots at goal, but missed targets going forward. Need to address that across the board.

Oh, and wish we had good young players like Billings and McCartin, and a gun recruit like Carlisle. Those 3 were unstoppable today....

Which ones were they again?
Carlisle was awesome. If he want such a flog he would be a perfect fit for our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back