Game Day Dogs vs Pies @ Moe Saturday 10 March

Remove this Banner Ad

M8 didnt watch it but listened. But I will say when the game was on we smashed them on the scoreboard. Then our less rotations and bench magnified by the heat make it hard to assess.

Interested to see how long or if we run with Easton fwd in season regular.

Gotta say I'm more hopeful of our prospects than you were yesterday.:)

First qrt was good but we completely failed to adjust to their changes.

You can’t blame heat or fatigue for the 2nd and 3rd qrt efforts sport mate. We simply had blokes that are no good(I won’t name them) and we continue to do the one thing the pies love. Bomb it out wide and long.

It was like watching local footy at one stage it was so predictable. I even saw Bont(yes BONT) have a go at a team mate for putting the ball on his head and not out in front.

Alll I’ve read are excuses and it was a praccy was that doesn’t rub with me. Coming off last year we needed to start well and I think people actually believe we are that good we can just turn it on round 1. Cox kicked 4 yesterday I fear what the Giants will do.

Les hope the guys on here are right and it was just more p!ss taking from Bevo but I doubt it. Too many small things add up to bad news for me.

First qrt was good but we completely failed to adjust to their changes.

You can’t blame heat or fatigue for the 2nd and 3rd qrt efforts sport mate. We simply had blokes that are no good(I won’t name them) and we continue to do the one thing the pies love. Bomb it out wide and long.

It was like watching local footy at one stage it was so predictable. I even saw Bont(yes BONT) have a go at a team mate for putting the ball on his head and not out in front.

Alll I’ve read are excuses and it was a praccy was that doesn’t rub with me. Coming off last year we needed to start well and I think people actually believe we are that good we can just turn it on round 1. Cox kicked 4 yesterday I fear what the Giants will do.

Les hope the guys on here are right and it was just more p!ss taking from Bevo but I doubt it. Too many small things add up to bad news for me.

Guess we will see.

The biggest thing from the praccies that I've seen is that Libba seems back. If a loose unit like Libba is chopping.up praccie matches then look out regular season. More than anyone else and i include Bont, Libba is the heartbeat of the team. No coincidence we were shit at clearances.when he took a gap yr. Just about the best clearance beast in the league when on. Also has silky foot and hand skills. One of the most underrated players in the league IMO.

It may sound simplistic, but if Libba is on this year - look out world.

Guess we will see.

The biggest thing from the praccies that I've seen is that Libba seems back. If a loose unit like Libba is chopping.up praccie matches then look out regulalr season. More.than anyone else and i include Bont, Libba is the heartbeat of the team. No coincidence we were shit at clearances.when he rook a gap yr. Just about.the best clearance beast in the league when on. Also has silky foot and hand skills. One of the most underrated players in the league IMO.

It maY sound simplistic, but if Libba is on this year - look out world.

Libba Bont Naughton and Dunks the main positives over the two games for me.

I like Trengrove also but he was dominated in ruck taps and actually allows of direct clearances out with oppo taps straight to their players on the out.

Crozier looked good 1st game, awful turnovers yesterday.

Again coaching is my main concern and I’ve seen nothing to suggest it has changed

Muppet dougie? I like it! So I guess just like Oscar the Grouch? You know ... the muppet :)

Haha that must have taken an intellect like yours weeks to come up with.

I find people that don’t like reality or the truth to normally be people I don’t have time for so ..... tic toc xx

Nah, didn’t take too long at all. I used the same method they used when they came up with the name The Big Pineapple.

Nah, didn’t take too long at all. I used the same method they used when they can up with the name The Big Pineapple.

“Came”

I’ve been there, they make a mean parfait. The Macadamia farm next door is a little boring but if you are there why not?

Perhaps that sustained level of intensity can't be generated every year. It was there in 2015 and 2016, not in 2017. It's the difference between finishing outside the 8 and winning a premiership.
Agree. The style of play that brought us success is unsustainable year on year on year because it's so physically and mentally draining. But, given the composition of our list at the time, it was a style that gave us the best chance of succeeding. And it did.

I think forward pressure will remain a staple of good and successful sides into the future, partly because the change in the rush behind laws no longer allows an easy escape for the loss of a solitary point.

The gradual change that I anticipate we'll make is to get better ball users and kicks in the middle of the ground to increase the odds that we'll get usable delivery inside 50 and by virtue of this increase our scoring efficiency. In fact better kicking from our back half and midfield will result in more uncontested marks and more time in possession, less energy sapping chasing and defence and thus be more sustainable.

We still need the cattle to do it. Not too worried about our back division but need better ball users through the middle. JJ's elevation to the wing, if that's what happens, and increased midfield time to McLean and Dale helps this. With Daniel, Bont, Macrae and Libba it's a better of core of ball users and decision makers. I think we can score well if that group gets enough possession.

The above is actually the part where I think we're most vulnerable - that being getting enough possession. The loss of the 3rd man up still affects us in my view and our leg speed around clearances, centre clearance in particular, is our biggest weakness. I think we're very vulnerable to a dominant tap ruckman servicing speedy and competent ball users. The potential for big scoring runs against us from centre bounces remains.

Last edited:
Does anyone think Grundy is any chance of being suspended?
Late high hit, probably deemed low impact or something because he didn't have any blood or didn't have a concussion test.

Does anyone think Grundy is any chance of being suspended?
Late high hit, probably deemed low impact or something because he didn't have any blood or didn't have a concussion test.

Has to be suspended by the rules

Choose to bump not tackle everything else is irrelevant

Didn't see any of the game , but going on all I've read here , Honey keeps on proving most us right.
Why they didn't let him walk was one of the more bewildering decisions of the off season.
If he has the tools for AFL , I am still a chance to be Prime Minister !

Even though MD talks crap on some of his worst days, he is still one of us. He cracks me up, and he is still one of us.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Speak for yourself. True Bulldogs supporters who love this club would never call the flag win a fluke. The guy is an insult to the thousands of supporters who would really bleed for this club. A total fake, who spoils it for all the good people here who are genuine.

Didn't see any of the game , but going on all I've read here , Honey keeps on proving most us right.
Why they didn't let him walk was one of the more bewildering decisions of the off season.
If he has the tools for AFL , I am still a chance to be Prime Minister !

He made Jong look like Dustin Martin.

I actually like the kid but he doesn’t have a single asset it’s an absolute baffler why I we kept him even if it’s for min wage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said anything about disagreeing with his opinions ?
Wouldn’t be many on here that have the exact same opinions as each other so not agreeing with Muppet Dougie is irrelevant
Carrying on like a ******** at every opportunity however is more irritating than an itch in the arse crack.

Going through other club threads you quickly realise how sad and negative some of the posters on our board are and MD is on top of the dung heap with quiet a few sniffing his arse from below.

I don’t wear rose coloured glasses but prefer to think things through before spewing hate towards the club I support unlike others.

So block him and stop sooking about it!
Whether u wish to admit it or not all u want to read is positivity.

Block me while you are at it as I like to analyse and criticise where required just like I analyse and congratulate where required.

Speak for yourself. True Bulldogs supporters who love this club would never call the flag win a fluke. The guy is an insult to the thousands of supporters who would really bleed for this club. A total fake, who spoils it for all the good people here who are genuine.

Most of the footy world is calling it a fluke. He is hardly on his own there.
I don’t agree with it but take a poll of all afl fans and I’d be quite sure most would say it was a fluke:lucky whatever word u wish to use.

I’m not sure why u take personal offence.

We won a flag.... best month of my life.
I couldn’t care less what or how people think about it - it’s happened and no ones taking it away

Most of the footy world is calling it a fluke. He is hardly on his own there.
I don’t agree with it but take a poll of all afl fans and I’d be quite sure most would say it was a fluke:lucky whatever word u wish to use.

I’m not sure why u take personal offence.

We won a flag.... best month of my life.
I couldn’t care less what or how people think about it - it’s happened and no ones taking it away
Bullshit. You ask footy fans in the streets what they thought of the Dogs flag win and over 90% would say they totally deserved it. A few tools on here hardly represent the footy world. This board is meant to be for Bulldogs supporters. Of course it is there to question things, it makes it interesting. But constant negative criticism, which is made a personal attack and put down comments which dont make any sense, should not be acceptable, especially coming from someone who says they follow the club. It is a ******* joke and I am not coming back here. Totally lost interest because one person keeps coming out with the same crap and is allowed to it.

The ignore button makes for a better forum. I'd be happier if other people ceased engaging, stirring and responding as it's futile.
There seems to be a flaw in BF software. If you choose to put someone on ignore it make sense (to me anyway) that you're probably not interested in the responses of other posters to the ignoree either.

What’s the bigger concern?:

1. Converting inside 50s into scores

2. Allowing opposition to convert inside 50s into scores too easily.
2nd one

In 2016 we'd all press up the ground and lock it inside 50 for repeat entries until we scored. This also nullified opportunities for the opposition to counter us through weight of numbers as Wood and Morris and co would pick off clearing kicks time after time again. This was on the back of winning our own contested footy.

Now it seems we are trying to play a more outside style, with run and gun handball, if we turn it over in our forward half and too many players have committed forward of centre then we are susceptible to getting punished on the turnover with opposition likely having an open forwardline to operate in.

We need to fix up what happens between the arcs big time, I don't think the hardball game from half back will work if we can't win our own footy up forward, or at the very least lock it in there, giving our midfielders and defenders time to set up behind the ball.

Lol I block people that continually come at me as directed to do by the mods. Abuse and insults from nobodies doesn’t bother me I find it amusing actually.

Enjoy your little cloud word I’m sure they help protect you from the nasties outside

And you really should try a parfait, I think some fruit will help clean out your system and you can relax a little bit.

“ world “

What’s the bigger concern?:

1. Converting inside 50s into scores

2. Allowing opposition to convert inside 50s into scores too easily.

Very good question Fronk.
I’m thinking perhaps the ease of goals once opponents take it in.

I’m big on establishing a rock solid back 6-8 and build your defence from there. We are far from organised down back something u could say in 2016. We built most of that year from half back etc.

Fact is you improve your defence, increase your turnovers going your way and the offensive ball use should really be better.
So fixing the back half issues improves the fwd half inefficiency I believe

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Dogs vs Pies @ Moe Saturday 10 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Back