Game Day Dogs vs Pies @ Moe Saturday 10 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoken like a dumb, bellicose narcisist.

I ask again, what qualifies you to judge the whole football department of our club?

Why are you especially equipped to make critical, sweeping critiques of our football department? I presume you think Bevo is a below par too do you?

What is your football background? What experiences have you had in the real football world as opposed to keyboard heroics and ego trips?

Once again, you piss a lot of people off with your faux aggro alpha male posturings. Many would like you gone.

Lol I love annoying people as much as I’ve gotten to you.

Nothing qualifies me like every other nobody on here it’s an opinion on a forum you obtuse articulate know all.

My background matters as much as everyone else’s NONE! My opinion matters as much as anyone else’s.

So keep pontificating from on high and labeling me with such devastating monikers and I will continue to laugh at you and your level of annoyance at a complete no one on a forum.

Don’t respond I defer to your brilliance and grammatical superiority, but allow me to conclude by telling you again I do not care what you want or will to happen, you are as insignificant in my word as imo doubt am in yours.

Like me you are indeed irrelevant so stop derailing the thread with your macho laden drivel. You are NOW on ignore so enjoy my posts from afar because I won’t see yours.

I ask again, have you actually played footy at any level? For what club, when?

Putting me on ignore shows a certain cowardice. Are you a coward?

Lol I love seeing the page light up again and again and ignoring the illuminator.

Add another one to the list. Tick

Hey MD,

Keep in mind a team like Sydney has made the finals just about every year for 15 years (with help) yet have barely won a preseason game. Granted they won yesterday but historically they haven’t cared or rated the preseason.

Yet I do agree come round 1 I want to see certain changes to the team

I can accept the late blowout for that, but not the 2nd/3rd quarter switch off and lack of effort. That wasn't due to rotations...
Yeah maybe, but I think fatigue could set in at any time, relative to who you play and how much they rotated. I think it's been understated by us in here. It's the main reason for the loss for mine. The other big factor was we don't have the structure right. We were a tall short and we need Wood to play back.

We need 2 talls forward, Trengove and Boyd who share the ruck duties with Roughy. We lost Roughy second half which meant Trengrove had to ruck with Bont supporting, then we had nothing tall forward. Schache was there replacing Roughy, but he's not up to it yet.

I think we have used the practice matches to try some things, we stayed with 4 man bench and normal roatations to prepare physically in both games. But when rubber hits the round not all those trials will be implement I think.

Here is a fun little fact:

The last three premiers all lost to Collingwood in the pre-season.
Hawthorn lost to the pies in 2015
Bulldogs lost to the pies in 2016
And Richmond lost to the pies in 2017

So if this trend continues then the 2018 premiers will be the Western Bulldogs.

from both jlt games the biggest concern i have is the conversion rate of i50 to scores by our opponents. far too easy we are scored against

that comes from a few things, but pressure up the ground isnt good enough. ie 2017 we struggle to stop chain of handballs through the midfield and our def dont close the leads quick enough compared to what our opponents def do to our forwards, give no space at all

The other thing to consider is that if you were coaching/preparing this side for a first round clash against a much disliked yet capable rival, would you really be that keen to reveal your team make up and structures in two televised practice matches so they could analyse and dissect it to within an inch of its life and come fully prepared. ...

1993, Warne's first tour of England, tour match Worcester v Australia, the County Cricket run machine, Graeme Hicks is playing for Worcester. Border instructs Warne to bowl nothing but leg breaks to Hicks, not to show him anything. Hicks makes 187, Warne returns 1/122. Australia wins the series 4-1, Warne takes the most wickets, 32, and second tops the bowling averages.

Few too many meltdowns for a pre season game. I guess they all now believe Watts will win the Coleman now too? Wait till round one peeps. We’ll be hitting GWS as hard as we can.

Whilst a meltdown at this time of the year is unwarranted, what concerns me over the JLT is the continued challenges with basics such as ball use, positioning and decision making from the usual suspects (Jong, Honeychurch, Suckling). We have to remember that this is the pre-season, so there is less pressure - and the same basic flaws are exposed.

On a positive - I think Trengrove and Crozier will be handy, Naughton looks like a ready made 200 game CHB. Also for the first 5 quarters, there was positive intent, pressure, better ball movement and we had more shots at goal/options in attack than I though we would (Easton is not one of them yet).

another thing -
we had a good size lead at qtr time to go on with it and smash them , but as we always do find ways to let teams off the hook and let them back into the game....

Did whoever was coaching (King ?) experiment ? was there an injury ? was Wood moved back to defence to stem the tide ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did whoever was coaching (King ?) experiment ? was there an injury ? was Wood moved back to defence to stem the tide ?
Bont was Injured on the last play of the game. Why he left him in the centre for that long I’ll never know. Better not be a knock to his hip.

i said its evident for a number of years now... its not a one off

why do you think we are involved in a lot of close games?

Because the team historically hasn't had high scoring ability and still doesn't. All clubs draw their players from the same pools, overwhelmingly the U 18s and the 3 southern states' leagues. There's not a great deal of difference in the ability of the players in each team, what makes the difference is the non playing side, coaching, game plan, quality of players, training, recovery, facilities, team spirit. It's a practice match. If we were winning practice matches by large margins, I'd be more worried that we were playing at our best too early and / or showing the rest of the competition all our tricks.

Lol unlike most here I enjoy life a lot and don’t live for this cr@p

I find it amusing people think of your honest about footy they think you are unhappy. I’ve never been happier which is why I can be honest about our club and not need to hand onto falsehoods to make me feel better.

Sorry but if people Don’t like the truth, that isn’t my problem

Haha you’ve got everyone on here fooled then. Never come across a more miserable bloke in my life.
You actually make this site shit with your sad pessimistic views on everything.
It’s almost at the stage where the only reason I hope we win another flag soon is so we can all stick it up your miserable clacker.
Absolute muppet with a capital MUPPET.

What obvious changes can u see from last year? I see little tweaks we are trying but under pressure we resort to bombing the ball long and high again LIKE LAST YEAR mate.

Why have we not returned to the structure and plan that worked in 2016?? Still no answer from anyone at the club why we changed to start with??

Why keep playing non ruckman as ruckman?
Why do we still not have a cohesive forward line?
Why play a nature defender forward?
Why do blokes continue to get chances they do no deserve?
Matt the biggest difference between the current structure and 2016 is the intentsity which it is implemented.

We stil push up front on to the ball carrier to force a long kick into our defensive webb for example. The problem is we have a few too many players not doing this which opens us up down back. In 2016 all players brought into the defensive structure so personal became almost irrelavent down back though Tallia was exposed in 2015.

If we do not execute our play and structure with intensity average players look average.

As for forward the forward line in 2016 we needsled 10 more forward entries minimum to win. Whats changed? When we got it in defensive forqard pressure kept in in for the multiple opportunites for shots on goal. We hardly had a well functioning forward line.

IF we bring our defensive pressure accross the ground and that means all 22, we have enough of the ball with our good players and better users our flaws are not expose and we expose others. If we do not then I agree with your negativity as we will be bottom 6.

Defensive pressure and intensity are a state of collective mind. I hope this year that aspect is raised to elite levels as there is enough talent to go far on the back of it. We did in 2016 and the Tiges did last year. With equalization it is becoming the differentiator.

And yes some players with bad skills and decision making do impact on this and it is why if they are in the team we will not be top 4

Whats everyones thoughts pn Bevo not coachong at all through the JLT? Is there a reason for this?

I find this arrogant, look i love Bevo and certainly not turning against him or the team, but after 2017 this year is huge.

Im not sure you can look too much in to these results particularly if the coach doesnt even have the reins. But this is my concern. Practice matches are there to get the team used to the pressure and feel the bumps etc. This goes for the coaches too, an opportunity to try things on the run and in spme ways put yourself under game day pressures.

Im confident we can turn it around this year, but my confidence may also be hope.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have some concerns with the team heading into this season, I’m not judging that concern on two preseason matches, judging it on the last 12 months or so.

I honestly think we have a best 22 capable of making finals but I don’t think they are being given every chance to succeed atm.

Now Bev has been amazing for this club and this post is in no way a get rid of Bev type post, his first two years everything he did and touched turned to gold and we got the ultimate. Although the last 12 months there have been so baffling selections, omissions and structuring most games. I get the feeling he is trying to inovate too much and be to flexible/unpredictable and it’s not allowing players to succeed.

A huge issue last year was kpf forwards tearing us apart, Cordy and Adams didn’t have the height and at times strength to go with them we recruit Trengove and he is being used as a ruck forward and opposition kpf still man handle us. (Cox, Roughead could of had plenty if he kicked straight, made shoenmakers look like a decent player).

We refuse to play a kpf who stays forward so why did we recruit schache? We constantly have Jong/Dunkley etc playing out of the square when we have a tendancy to bomb long.

Wood playing forward when he’s our best intercept defender and reads the play extremely well and generally goes third man up in a contest and get a fist in which if we are determined to use Trengove forward ruck we need that. Adams naughton wood as intercepting defenders would be pretty potent.

Honeychurch continues to play and there is no doubt this guy has heart and chases and pressures opposition but he just isn’t up to afl level football in strength or skill.

We seem to be playing so many players out of position and just aren’t giving them the chance to succeed. I just think Bev needs to get back to basics a bit pick the best player in each position and stop squeezing guys in the team out of position.

Now I know that I’ll cop crap for this post as it seems to be blasphemy to criticise Bev but they are my thoughts and I think Bev is a great coach but he has seemed to try to be too cute with his structures and positioning the last 12 months

Haha you’ve got everyone on here fooled then. Never come across a more miserable bloke in my life.
You actually make this site shit with your sad pessimistic views on everything.
It’s almost at the stage where the only reason I hope we win another flag soon is so we can all stick it up your miserable clacker.
Absolute muppet with a capital MUPPET.
Dude, having started your account in 2015 - you may have missed a lot of the previous fireworks. There are a lot of us here who have had shit fights amongst each other and MD may be the club house leader. All of what you are saying re MD has been said before - many many many times.
No doubt he is weird as are many of us - we express our passion in different ways. No doubt at some point large numbers of posters have been angry with him and at other times with me. Its just who we are. After all the warring, I and I think many of us love the dick and his annoying pessimism, his obsessive hate of Jong and heaven knows what else.

Each of us adds something different and whilst there will be posts which annoy - you will find many posts where MD is amusing and dare I say informative too.

This off season has been particularly dull, many closed training sessions, remote located practice matches and the training pictures and player profiles from the club have also dropped off compared to previous seasons.

I think this has created some general and unconscious frustration on our boards -its two weeks to go - we are all a bit toey - bring on 2018!

We are Bulldogs!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Dogs vs Pies @ Moe Saturday 10 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Back