Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Who is stiff not to make the list?

• Jake Pitman

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Declan Watson

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Ben Long

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Jamie Hampton

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Callum Brown

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Jarrod Korehwa

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Mitch McCarthy

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Kim LeBois

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Quinton Narkle

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

awesome work! Suprised with you rating Scheer highly, most people dont rate him top 20/15.
I personally dont see Battle going first round, and I think Marshall is falling out too
Scheer being a big bodied mid who can be dangerous forward is good value if he isn't bid on in the first round. I overheard Dodoro chatting to a guy who asked him if Bombers would grab him at 19 and he didn't think he would be available at 19 implying there must be some clubs in the first round that are very keen on Battle. If I had a choice I'd pick Battle before Marshall and I'll be interested to see how far Marshall falls but don't think he would last long past pick 15 or so.

Thoughts on Fergus Greene? Haven't seen too much of him, but I have heard a couple things
Loved his last game he certainly moved well, great hands and speed he was dangerous up forward. Sadly I haven't seen enough to suggest he gets picked in the main draft but he does have a few tricks.

Thoughts on A few players of you don't mind! Been keeping a close eye over Cam Polson even though his been injured, Lachlan Murphy who had a fantastic season and also Sam Folwer.
What do you think of these 3 and could you predict where they could go in the draft if they do.
Cheers

Thoughts on A few players of you don't mind! Been keeping a close eye over Cam Polson even though his been injured, Lachlan Murphy who had a fantastic season and also Sam Folwer.
What do you think of these 3 and could you predict where they could go in the draft if they do.
Cheers
Wasn't able to see Polson this year so I couldn't give much on him. Murphey I really like and looks to have a lot of leadership potential aswell, size is an issue but I could see him dominating VFL if he doesn't get picked he is that type of player. Fowler has nice speed and goal sense but can go missing for large chunks of games. He is a rookie prospect at this stage if he can stay in games more he could become a handy AFL player.

Wasn't able to see Polson this year so I couldn't give much on him. Murphey I really like and looks to have a lot of leadership potential aswell, size is an issue but I could see him dominating VFL if he doesn't get picked he is that type of player. Fowler has nice speed and goal sense but can go missing for large chunks of games. He is a rookie prospect at this stage if he can stay in games more he could become a handy AFL player.
Do you have Murphy as a rookie prospect as well or just a VFL player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have Murphy as a rookie prospect as well or just a VFL player?
He is worth picking even in the main draft he could be an inspired pick much like Caleb Daniel. Any pick after 50 or rookie I wouldn't complain taking him but going off recruiter history I doubt he gets picked and if he does it will be rookie.

He is worth picking even in the main draft he could be an inspired pick much like Caleb Daniel. Any pick after 50 or rookie I wouldn't complain taking him but going off recruiter history I doubt he gets picked and if he does it will be rookie.
Rookie would be enough to keep an eye out.
Thanks, look foward to reading more of your stuff and seeing your rankings.

I'll admit I can't say much for his local Colts games since it's impossible for me to watch them but his numbers stack up pretty well and just like how he has played in the games I've seen. I've watched over every champ game available to me more than twice and plan to watch over the same games again closer to the draft.

Updated Phantom with every live pick. Ive used the official AFL Draft order so i wont be including if teams pass or take rookies.

Pick 1 - Essendon - Andrew McGrath

Team: Sandringham Dragons
Height: 179
Weight: 75
DOB: 2/6/98

TAC Games: 10
AVG Disposals: 32.4
Goals: 2

Player Traits: Zac Merrett, Jason Johannisen
Position: Midfield/Defense

Bio: Andrew uses his elite pace to his advantage whether that's carrying the footy, chasing for a tackle or spoil he likes to speed up the play. He will take the game on at every opportunity and work hard to win the footy first.

His best trait is his ability both in the midfield and in defense to be able to attack and defend to a high quality. When he gets the footy he will either take the ball under his arm and run or fire a quick and clean handball to the advantage of his teammate then work hard to receive in that chain(Jason Johannisen). When in the midfield he likes to put body on his opponent and once the ball is tapped he will push of and use his elite speed to win the footy first(Zac Merrett).

He will usually switch to defense for a few reasons. For leadership, run and drive if it has been lacking and to stop a dangerous player who is on fire. Not only has he beaten every player he has been sent to but he has also provided meaningful rebound.

Size is an issue but has an elite jump to make up for it. He can rush his kicks sometimes but when he is in full flight he can do some well weighted kicks to advantage.

For a team crying out for leadership, speed and work rate he is the best in the draft and a worthy Top 5 pick.

Pick 2 - GWS Giants - Ben Ainsworth
Team: Gippsland Power
Height: 179
Weight: 74
DOB: 10/2/98

TAC Games: 9
AVG Disposals: 22.3
Goals: 18
VFL: 1 Game - 9 Disposals - 2 Goals

Player Traits: Luke Shuey, Jamie Elliot
Position: Forward/Midfielder

Bio: Ben is a powerful and skillful midfielder who can pinch hit in the midfield. His athleticism is outstanding and can play above his size.

As a forward Ben has the potential of being the very best in the AFL, He has power which includes his leap which is extremely good to go with his timing he is difficult to stop in the air(Jamie Elliot). His speed is also very good he can constantly burn his opponents of and with his clean hands he can mark it overhead or easily collect a half-volley at pace.

In the midfield he digs in and will run at full pace to receive the ball and is hard to stop once he gets hands on it(Luke Shuey). He had some good numbers late in the year which comes from his decent endurance which has improved as the year has gone on. Has only had a few goes in the midfield but he has potential there.

Ben is a super kick of the footy but he can bite of more than he can chew sometimes and has put teammates under pressure with handballs on a few occasions. He has also been well held a lot of the time this year with McGrath and Long both beating him although he wasn't assisted by teammates enough in those circumstances.

Ainsworth is easily a top 10 talent with everything it takes to be a star at the next level. He should play a lot of senior footy early on.

Pick 3 - Brisbane - Hugh McCluggage
Team: North Ballarat Rebels
Height: 185
DOB: 3/3/98

TAC Games: 12
AVG Disposals: 28.1
Goals: 25

Player Traits: Scott Pendelbury, Robbie Gray, Garry Ablett Jnr
Position: Midfield/Forward

Bio: Hugh is all class. Makes footy look easy with his clean hands and balance. He can cleanly take a footy in any situation whether that's at his feet, in the air he just never seems to fumble. When he does get his hands on the footy you can expect him to hit a target his hands are super clean and fast for that tight handball and when carrying the footy is balanced and composed(Scott Pendelbury).

The major trait he has is that he just never seems flustered he is always calm and can think ahead of the game. His ability to find the footy in a chain starting from a stoppage in the back line to potentially kicking a goal in the same passage is due to his smart running.

These are all good traits but the main one that has him rated so high is his goal kicking ability. He has a lovely approach to goal staying well balanced and composed with his head over the footy(Garry Ablett Jnr). But he can also do it overhead up forward as well he isn't afraid of flying for a mark and if he doesn't mark it he can keep his feet and continue winning the footy and snapping a goal(Robbie Gray).

Some knocks on his game are his contested ability most comes from his light frame getting bumped of the ball easily from stoppages and doesn't seem to have the hunger to win the contested footy he would rather work of his opponent and receive the football on the outside of his opponent in space. His kicking in general play is tidy and effective at times but it isn't overly penetrating but his kicking is hardly a weakness it just isn't a major strength.

Hugh's footy IQ and goal kicking ability to go with his consistency over the year see's him as a worthy number 1 pick.

Pick 4 - Gold Coast - Tim Taranto
Height: 188
Weight: 82
DOB: 28/1/98

AVG Disposals: 27
Goals: 14

Player Traits: Jimmy Bartel, Nat Fyfe,

Bio: Tim is a contested midfielder who is a threat up forward whether that is at ground level or overhead he can cause damage. Starting the year and the championships up forward he moved into the midfield and never looked back and was the best performed player in the finals.

Stepping up in the big occasions not matter where on the ground he will win the footy right when he is needed(Jimmy Bartel). His ability to weave through traffic as well as win the hard footy make him the perfect modern midfielder(Nat Fyfe)

Up forward he can play the hit up forward role perfectly with his overhead marking and judgment being exceptional. He can pull of a pack mark you would expect a key forward to grab. Also at ground level he is clean and classy and just seems to know where the goals are he stays composed at all times.

In the midfield he works hard to win the contested footy and his hands from a stoppage are elite and can get some great handballs out. He can link up through hands and work hard defensively to be an option. He is super fit and runs all day.

His speed is ok not quick but can move well at times. His kicking can be inconsistent but is generally a good kick. He can look laconic at times thinking he has more time than he does.

I rate Taranto the best player in the draft he is a big game player who is dangerous around goal and can win the footy on the inside. He will be a bargain for a club after pick 5.

Pick 5 - Gold Coast - Jack Bowes - Bid Matched
Team: Surfers Paradise
Height: 187
Weight: 78
DOB: 26/1/98

Player Traits: Scott Pendelbury, Trent Cotchin
Position: Midfielder

Bio: Jack is a classy midfielder who can win the footy on the inside and outside. He is superb in traffic and one of the better kicks in the draft. He can also push forward with his footy IQ and clean hands overhead making him dangerous resting forward.

Jack is all class with his clean hands and movement in traffic the main standout in his game(Scott Pendelbury). He gets his hands up in tackles but can also hold possession and make it seem like time moves slower around him. He isn't quick but makes up for it with quick disposal and thinking.

When moved forward he is a hard match up with his overhead marking and clean hands making him a threat close to goal(Trent Cotchin). He is a nice size for a midfielder with a good mix of inside and outside.

Jacks speed isn't great you wont see him breaking lines or chasing for tackles with his defensive game not as good as it could be. As good of a kick he is he will mostly use handballs id like to see him kick more.

The standout academy talent he should play round 1 and hopefully a 10 year gun midfielder for the gold coast.

Pick 6 - GWS Giants - Will Setterfield - Bid Matched

Height: 190
Weight: 79
DOB: 5/2/98

TAC Games: 6
AVG Disposals: 19.3(Got injured early in last game so average is lower than it should be)
Goals: 7

Player Traits: Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Cripps

Bio: Will is a contested midfielder who can also go forward and become a dangerous threat. He is creative around a stoppage and uses the ball well on the outside.

Will has a good stoppage craft he attacks the ball at pace and has clean hands to dish out. He is quicker than he looks and rather well balanced as well. His clean hands and clearance ability are good and his ability to get his arms up in a tackle(Patrick Cripps) really helped Sandringham's midfield this year.

He is also dangerous around goal, a great overhead and contested mark and can win a stoppage in the forward line and snap a goal with ease(Marcus Bontempelli), he is also a good user going forward with creative kicking and is a long kick as well.

Injuries have affected his year if not he would have been a certainty to be bid on in the first 5 picks. He is a neat kick just not elite in general play and can sometimes take too long to get rid of the footy, has been ran down from behind often in his games.

He and Brodie share a lot of traits and have claims to be the top 2 Inside midfielders in this draft. GWS have another gun here.

Pick 7 - Carlton - Sam Petrevski-Seton
Team: Claremont
Height: 181
Weight: 76
DOB: 19/2/98

WAFL Games: 12
AVG Disposals: 23.1
Goals: 1

Player Traits: Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Wells
Position: Midfielder

Bio: Sam is pure silk and has a good mix of speed, footy IQ and a mix of inside and outside and is one of the most exciting talents and has been high on the radar for a few years. A poor year by his standards but still one of the best.

Sam is a slippery customer he can find a way out of most situations darting left to right avoiding tackles with ease. He has a great mix of inside and outside he can win his own pill and tackle hard but also provide meaningful outside run and skill(Shaun Burgoyne). He has great balance and hands with his first few steps getting him separation and then composed with a kick or handball(Daniel Wells).

He has all the tools to be a good forward but has only kicked the single goal this year it would be intriguing to see how he would go playing forward for a full game which is what i expect his role would be early in his AFL career.

Pick 8 - Fremantle- Tim English
Team: South Fremantle
Height: 204
Weight: 86
DOB: 8/8/97

WAFL Games: Colts - 9
Reserves - 6
Seniors - 1
AVG Disposals: C: 15.6 R: 17 S: 10
Goals: 5

Player Traits: Todd Goldstein, Stefan Martin
Position: Ruckman, Key Position

Bio: Tim is a ruckman with huge upside. A sudden growth spurt turned him from a midfielder to a ruckman and it shows in the way he plays he has some of the best skills of the players in this years draft.

Tim gets plenty of the footy for a ruckman he gets involved at stoppages and works hard on the outside(Stefan Martin). His disposal numbers are very decent for a ruckman but is no surprise considering he has been a midfielder for most of his life. His skills and smarts for his size are exceptional(Todd Goldstein), he is one of the best kicks in the draft with low and penetrating kicks along with clean and quick hands as well.

I see him becoming a key defender instead of a ruckman however. His footy smarts, height and skill would lend himself do be a very good key defender once he fills out. He has great speed for his size as well willing to take the game on and go for a run.

He has a very light frame so will take awhile to play AFL footy. He hasn't got great tap work but he is very new to the craft so can always improve. His overhead marking could be better he needs to stay strong when going for a mark.

English arguably has the most upside in this draft, his height to go with his skill and smarts make him a very exciting prospect and well worth going in the first round.

Pick 9 - Gold Coast - Griffen Logue
Team: Swan Districts
Height: 193
Weight: 92
DOB: 13/4/98

WAFL Games: Colts - 7
Reserves - 1
Seniors - 8
AVG Disposals: C: 13.4 R: 12 S: 14.5
Goals: 3

Player Traits: Michael Hurley, Marcus Adams
Position: Key Defender

Bio: Griffen is a super competitive defender with a hunger to compete and a tremendous work rate. He can compete hard in a marking contest and at ground level. He can come in next year and have an impact straight away.

Griffen is a perfect modern day defender. He is competitive, he likes to run and rebound, he is athletic, has a great work ethic and has the mobility to play a variety of roles. He has great speed for his size and a great rebounding mark(Marcus Adams).

He is driven and doesn't like to lose a contest(Michael Hurley) he is a huge kick who makes good decisions when he has the footy. His marking is solid he can intercept and take a contested grab. He has the speed to keep up with quick forwards and the size to go with the gorillas.

He can go missing at times when not playing in defense he can go forward but doesn't look as comfortable there. He is competitive at ground level but he doesn't have the agility to match the smalls but that isn't a big issue.

Griffen is ready to go and a natural competitor and should have a an early impact and should carry on for a long time.

Pick 10 - Sydney - Jy Simpkin
Team: Murray Bushrangers
Height: 182
Weight: 72
DOB: 5/3/98

TAC Games: 1
AVG Disposals : 18
Goals: 4

Player Traits: Jack Steven, Zach Merrett
Position: Forward/Midfield

Bio: Jy is a lightning quick forward who can play wing and midfield. He has excellent skills and a hunger to give his best every time he is out there. A quality kid who was crueled by injury and would be a top 10 certainty if not for the injury.

Jy has incredible pace and he uses it in every situation. Whether that's carrying the footy, chasing a player down, hitting a pack for a crumb or running to support or receive. He has clean skills and his kicking is both accurate and long. He can hunt players down his pressure is fantastic he doesn't give up a chase(Zach Merrett)

He hasn't shown too much in the midfield but when he does he plays similar to Jack Steven where he can win the footy on the inside and outside despite his size and will use his speed in every situation.

A lack of midfield time and injury are what will hold him back from being a top 10 pick. His hands could be cleaner at times sometimes going to quick for his own good. He is still very light and might need a few seasons before he is a regular senior player.

Jy is a ripper with speed, skill and a good attitude he will become a favorite among supporters for whoever picks him up.

Pick 11 - Gold Coast - Will Brodie
Height: 189
Weight: 82
DOB: 23/8/98

TAC Games: 8
AVG Disposals: 20.1

Player Traits: Josh Kennedy(SYD), David Mundy
Position: Midfield

Bio: Will is a big-bodied and driven player who works hard at the stoppages. Surprisingly athletic he is the best contested midfielder in this draft.

Will's contested game is sensational, he can win the footy with strength and timing of the ruck taps he can easily when first possession all over the ground and even looks dangerous when up forward(Josh Kennedy). He can balk and fake incredibly well for his size when he wants to he can get past a smaller and quicker player with ease.

He also works hard to win the footy on the outside as well for a big-bodied mid(David Mundy) although at times will ask for the footy in the wrong spots in a handball chain but does get to the right spots to receive a kick. When he attacks a clearance at speed he is hard to stop and along with his balk can be very damaging in the stoppages.

There are queries on his kicking although not the best is still rather solid. He generally hits a target by foot playing possession footy and most of his bad kicks are from rushing it in a clearance. His hands also could be cleaner for an inside midfielder.

A favorite for pick 1 early in the year has dropped of due to injury and other players raising their stocks but is still a worthy Top 5 pick.

Pick 12 - North Melbourne - Daniel Venables
Team: Western Jets
Height: 186
Weight: 81
DOB: 19/11/98

TAC Games: 3
AVG Disposals: 12.6
Goals: 6

Player Traits: Patrick Dangerfield, Jayden Laverde
Position: Forward/Midfield?

Bio: Daniel is a powerful forward who could become a midfielder in the future. Injury has affected his year but the small sings he showed in the championships where very promising.

Daniel has plenty of power, his speed and aggression create scoring opportunities for both the team and himself(Jayden Laverde). When at full pace he is hard to stop and he has a knack of kicking goals from many different situations. He has great hands overhead and attacks the ball in the air and at ground level.

He hasn't shown much in the midfield but one bit of play was similar to Dangerfield where he won a clearance at pace giving a player a don't argue running to 50 and nailing the goal. It was the only clearance he had in that game but it showed what is could be capable of in the midfield.

He needs to get involved more he doesn't get enough of the footy and will go quarters without getting a touch. Whether that's down to fitness or footy smarts its hard to tell at this point. His skills can be hit and miss with his best being very good.

Daniel has heaps of potential and despite lack of midfield time and games this year should be taken in the first round.

Pick 13 - GWS Giants - Harry Perryman - Bid Matched

Team: Collingullie
Height: 184
DOB: 19/12/98

Player Traits: Heath Shaw, Matthew Broadbent
Position: Defender

Bio: Harry is a cool headed defender with the ability to play midfield and forward when needed. Has terrific footy smarts and hands which helps him perform in any position on the ground.

Harry just knows how to play footy he can read the play so well whether that's in the air or at ground level(Heath Shaw) He offers a lot of drive and rebound from defense using his smarts and clean hands to get in the right spots and use the footy to attack or settle the game.

He has many talents that lend him to play in different positions he will most likely start a game in defense and then move up the ground when his talents are needed(Matthew Broadbent). He is a long accurate kick with a no fuss style although his ball drop can look funny at times it was a little noticeable live at the all stars game but its still mostly effective.

He hasn't got great speed or athleticism however. He may get found out for those at AFL level but his footy IQ should help.

Another GWS gun who could take over from Shaw in defense but he also has the ability to play up the ground as well.

Pick 14 - West Coast - Jordan Gallucci
Team: Eastern Ranges
Height: 183
Weight 75
DOB: 4/5/98

AVG Disposals: 20.2

Player Traits: Hamish Hartlett
Position: Wing/Flank

Bio: Jordan is an interesting prospect, He can do some things that will make you say "wow" and other times have you with hands over your head. His best is freakish and his worst is cringy but his speed, athleticism and footy smarts are top notch.

Gallucci can play anywhere. He can take the kick outs in a back pocket. Provide run and drive from half back. Run up and down the wings. Bursts in the midfield and can go forward and kick goals from his ass. His best is outstanding when he runs at full pace and delivers a long bullet kick but the main issue right now is his consistency in doing these miraculous things.

Gallucci can be prone to doing too much at times. At times it works and other times it doesn't but geez does it look good when he gets it right. He is a hard player to place with his best being mercurial and his worst he will hardly get a touch and butcher the footy.

Id first and foremost look at the positives in Gallucci's game and if he can get everything right he could be a bonafide star of the competition. There is too much going for Gallucci so he shouldn't last long in the 2nd round of the draft.

Pick 15 - Adelaide - Will Hayward
Team: North Adelaide
Weight: 76
DOB: 26/10/98

Player Traits: Steve Johnson, James Sicily
Position: Forward

Bio: Will is an exciting forward with great hands, speed and athleticism. Was solid in the championships but really rose up the ranks with a dominant finals display in the SANFL.

Will can do many things other players in this draft cant. He can take hangers, kick goals from outside 50 and on the boundary. Played out of the square for a lot of games and was just too quick for most players but what also made him a hard match up was his leap and hands, he could have an impact in the air and at ground level.

He hasn't had much midfield time but got a few minutes in the All Stars game and had some nice clearances using his speed and clean hands to his advantage. He could be anything he would make a great forward obviously but with some size he could end up a similar player to Stevie J.

Hayward wont last long past pick 20 and wouldn't be surprised if he goes top 10. Talent to go with his potential make him a very exciting prospect.

Pick 16 - Port Adelaide - Jack Scrimshaw
Weight: 80
DOB: 4/9/98

TAC Games: 7
AVG Disposals: 23.7

Player Traits: Marcus Bontempelli, Grant Birchall
Position: Defense

Bio: Jack is an athletic and smart player who can move like a midfielder. His footy IQ and creative play from half back was a weapon for Sandringham this year but he also showed his versatility late in the year when he swung forward to good effect.

Jack is a confident player he doesn't worry about many things he just goes out and plays. He will run when he likes and will fly for a mark when he likes. He moves so well for his size he can go for a run, balk a player and then handball to the advantage of a teammate and make it look easy(Marcus Bontempelli). Somehow without even looking he can hit a perfect hand pass to someone not in his line of vision.

For all his attacking he can also set up play and steady the game down back(Grant Birchall). His has a long left foot kick which is usually very solid but can bite of more than he can chew sometimes.
He hasn't played much midfield time but shows a lot of qualities to be able to play there in the future.

Some queries are his contested game and sometimes doesn't give his all when having to chase a player to tackle but he is a solid tackler when he applies himself.

Jack could be anything, he very well could become like Bontempelli as a midfielder but at worst should be a damaging half-back.

Pick 17 - Brisbane - Jarrod Berry
Team: North Ballarat
Height: 191
Weight: 87
DOB: 5/2/98

AVG Disposals: 16.3
Goals: 9

Player Traits: Shaun Burgoyne
Position: Defence/Midfield

Bio: Jarrod had an outstanding year last year dominating the Championships and looked an early favorite to be a top 5 pick this year but injury and lack of confidence has effected his year and didn't look anything like the confident player he was last year.

When up and running he is a terrific rebounding defender with his size, speed and big long kicks providing excellent drive(Shaun Burgoyne). He has a tremendous work rate which showed last year getting heaps of the footy all over the ground.

Has played a variety of roles but i see him becoming an inside midfielder at the next level. His leadership, size and work rate would suit the midfield. I didn't see any of his games forward but by all accounts was superb when playing there which shows his great versatility.

His kicking can be shaky at times but generally gets the job done. Sometimes his decision making and hands could be sharper also but he is generally good for the most part.

His draft position seems uncertain but there is a lot to like and should fit between 10-25in the draft.

Pick 18 - Port Adelaide - Josh Battle
Team: Dandenong Stingrays
Height: 192 Weight: 90
DOB: 1/9/98

AVG Disposals: 13.2
Goals: 24

Player Traits: Jack Darling, Tom Lynch(ADEL)

Bio: Josh is a powerful forward who has a great work rate and is a very smart forward. He uses his size and fitness to his advantage being dangerous close to goal and outside 50. He is undersized for a key position player but can still beat bigger defenders.

Josh close to goal uses his strength and speed of the mark to his advantage. He hasn't got great agility when the ball hits the deck but if he gets a full head of steam he can clear a path and make an impact. He is an accurate shot at goal closer to goal but does struggle outside 50.

He has a tremendous work rate and will lead all the way up to the defense to give an option and generally leads to the right spots up the ground. He uses the ball well and is creative when the ball is in his area he has even been used for stints in the midfield where he wants to develop his footy.

His agility isn't great but can fake and balk pretty well and when he is up and running he can do anything. He can get hot headed and give away free kicks for being overzealous in a tackle. His size is an issue if he is to play as a main key position target at AFL level.

Josh is the best pure forward in this draft he knows how to lead to the right spots, uses the ball well and an accurate shot at goal. Competitive and driven he can play senior footy early.

Pick 19 - Western Bulldogs - Todd Marshall
Height: 198
DOB: 8/10/98

TAC Games: 11
AVG Disposals: 9.3
Goals: 22

Player Traits: Joe Daniher, Josh Jenkins
Position: Key Forward

Bio: Todd is an athletic tall forward with incredible hands at ground level and decent agility for his size. He does little things in a game that make you take notice he just cant do it consistently at this stage.

Todd marks at the highest point he is a good judge of the ball in the air, he is one grab and clean and that goes for ground level as well(Joe Daniher). He has good footy smarts when he has the footy close to goal he will always look to make the best option whether that's a little tap to advantage or a quick kick to the hot spot.

He is mostly a stay at home forward with his leading patterns and influence up the ground not being as good as he is close to goal(Josh Jenkins). He can lead to wrong spots outside 50 but is a serious threat when leading to the hot spot where he uses his great leap and clean hands.

He will take awhile to play AFL he is underdeveloped and has only just started being serious about footy after having most of his focus on cricket.

He has been inconsistent but the small things will be what recruiters look for and judge how early they should take the punt. Id take him in the 10-25 range.

Pick 20 - Sydney - Alex Witherden
Team: Geelong Falcons
DOB: 10/9/98

TAC Games: 2
AVG Disposals: 23

Player Traits: Cameron Guthrie/Mark Baguley
Position: Defense/Midfield

Bio: Alex is a determined defender/midfielder who loves to take the game on and hates to lose. He has decent speed and a very good and long kick. Injury held back his year he was due to play more midfield time but early sings looked good.

The only game ive been able to watch this year from Alex was his games against Werribee and he was very impressive. He has great speed and will use it to rebound from defense, make a spoil and chase down an opponent. He is very tough and doesn't mind putting his body on the line.

He is a very neat kick he can kick 50 quite easily and his short kicks are also very sharp. His determination and use of the footy to go with his speed could make him one of the better defenders in the game with his ability to shut down an opponent while also providing great attack from defense.

Injury will see him slide but not far with Essendon and Brisbane lurking with multiple 2nd round picks. Witherden could allow Mills to go to the midfield and put less pressure on Rampe and barring fitness he should play senior footy pretty early.

Pick 21 - Essendon - Oliver Florent
Weight: 74
DOB: 22/7/98

AVG Disposals: 19.8

Player Traits: Steele Sidebottom, Shane Edwards

Bio: Oliver is a classy and pacey forward who can play wing, some stints in the middle and also provide run from half-back when sent there. He is a one-touch player who doesn't need much of the footy to cause damage.

Oliver is dangerous in many ways firstly his marking overhead for his size is sensational and usually nails a goal when given the opportunity(Steele Sidebottom). He has clean hands whether that's overhead(can take a hangar), on the run or at ground level. His speed with ball in hands is also decent he will move the ball forward any chance he gets and has a long and accurate kick to go with it(Shane Edwards).

Got the highest score in the beep test at the combine showing he has a great work rate to go with his skill. Hasn't shown much in the center but his game in the All-Stars was sensational, watching live he has great talk and gave a lot of direction at the stoppages showing he could develop into a very handy pinch hit midfielder at the highest level.

Early in the year he was poor defensively not chasing as hard as he could and going missing for whole quarters but he got better as the year went on and he looks to have taken the last few games a lot more seriously.

He went from a late second round prospect to being a first round certainty after his last few games and could still end up a bargain to a club in the middle of the first round.

Last edited:
Pick 22 - Brisbane - Sam Powell-Pepper

Team: East Perth
Weight: 83
DOB: 8/1/98

WAFL Games: Colts: 8
Reserves: 3
Seniors: 5
AVG Disposals: C: 22 R: 17 S: 11.8
Goals: 27

Player Traits: Dane Swan
Position: Forward/Midfielder

Bio: Sam is a powerful player with speed and agility he makes things happen when he is around the footy. He can win the footy on the inside and outside and do damage up forward.

Sam has impact whenever he is near the footy he does the hard work to win it and can dance around a player or take them on with his speed. If he gets space in the forward line he can cut you up very quickly(Dane Swan). He has a high work rate and will do all the defensive work as well, putting pressure on opposition.

In the midfield he can win clearances whether that's going in himself or receiving the ball on the outside and going for a run he always tries to move the play forward he is an attacking player in nature.

His disposal can let him down at times he usually takes the right option but can just miss the kick but a lot of the time you can see what his trying to do it just doesn't quite work sometimes. For his endurance he doesn't get the big numbers regularly which might be an issue at AFL level.

Sam is a hard working and talented player and will try everything to make the most of his AFL career. He could be anything.

Pick 23 - Brisbane - Kobe Mutch

Team: Bendigo Pioneers
Height: 187 Weight: 84
DOB: 18/3/98

TAC Games: 4
AVG Disposals: 34.7
Goals: 0

Player Traits: Sam Gibson, Matt Priddis

Bio: Kobe is a ball magnet he knows how to win the footy in any situation. Injury has held him back but has done enough to be considered in the first and second rounds of the draft, He is an academy player for GWS but i cant see him being taken by them and i could see a lot of suitors in the 2nd Round.

Kobe is clean with his hands and can kick on either side of his body. He shows great composure with ball in hand and generally picks the right option. He is very consistent and there hasn't been any games that he couldn't win a large amount of the footy.

He is a willing tackler and works hard on the inside but will also provide a lot of unrewarded run, he just keeps going to try and win the footy. He works hard all over the ground and will win his possessions all over the ground.

His speed is ok but could be better. He isn't very damaging with his disposal it can be rather standard. He is also not a big threat forward and hasn't shown much versatility in his game.

Mutch is a safe pick. Does so many things right and any team wanting to improve their midfield depth will find know one better at this point in the draft.

Pick 24- St Kilda - Shai Bolton
Team: South Fremantle
Height: 178
Weight: 68
DOB: 8/12/98

WAFL Games: 15
AVG Disposals: 16.6
Goals: 37

Player Traits: Eddie Betts, Michael Walters
Position: Forward/Wing

Bio: Shai is a speedy forward with great agility and loves to take the game on. He is full of confidence and never second guesses himself with foot in hand.

Shai is craft around goal he can kick them from anywhere on the ground on any foot(Eddie Betts). He uses his speed and agility ot get around opponents with ease and can glide across the ground. He is full of confidence and it shows when he doesn't give opponents any respect it doesn't matter who you are he wants to get past you.

He isn't just a pure forward he can find the footy up the ground and do some exciting things away from goal(Michael Walters). He has very clean hands and positions himself well outside the contest. He has no issues finding the footy on a wing.

He tends to put the footy on the boot without really thinking things through its like he doesn't care what happens as long as the footy is forward. For a purely outside player he needs to work on his kicking, its not that his action is bad he could do superb kicks if he only takes the time to hit up a player.

Shai is an exciting talent with a few little issues but they can be worked on and a team would be crazy to pass on him if they need speed and dare.

Pick 25 - Geelong - Cedric Cox
Weight: 70
DOB: 19/8/97

AVG Disposals: 15.2

Player Traits: Jarrod Harbrow, Courtney Dempsey
Position: Defender/Wing

Bio: Cedric is a wonderful player with great skills on either side of his body. He came to TAC later than most so didn't come with the hype other players have but has certainly turned heads and is now a certain draft prospect.

Cedric can play in multiple positions but his most suited to half back where he can use his skills and run to its best advantage. He is dangerous when forward and he is decent overhead and if he gets out the back of a contest he is hard to stop.

His agility and speed is very good only needing a few steps to get past opposition. Like most flanker's though his possession numbers are inconsistent and can go missing for large periods of games.

The upside is huge, he has so much talent and his best is certainly yet to come. He should be a late 2nd round prospect at worst.

Pick 26 - Gold Coast - Brad Scheer - Bid Matched

Team: Palm Beach
DOB: 31/8/98

Player Traits: Jack Ziebell, Luke Parker

Bio: Brad is a Gold Coast academy player but they may not match an early bid to not go into points deficit but either way he is a quality player and should play senior footy early. He is a contested midfielder who can go forward.

Brad is a contested beast who is strong over the ball and very good overhead he crashes and bashes and works hard to win the footy(Jack Ziebell). He is a ball magnet he knows how to win the ball on the inside and the outside he works hard to space to link up for marks and will work hard on the inside to lay a tackle and throw his weight around.

He is a threat forward with his overhead marking and a knack for finding the goals in most situations(Luke Parker). He is powerful on the lead and his strong hands and ability to earn a high free kick gives him many shots at goal when rested forward.

He has decent skills but he isn't very damaging by foot and hand, he knows how to win a lot of the footy and pick the right option however. His speed apart from his initial burst isn't great his speed in general is only average.

Brad is a hard worker and the perfect modern day inside midfielder with the ability to do damage up forward and work hard in the middle.

Pick 27 - Carlton - Patrick Kerr

Team: Oakliegh Chargers
Height: 194
Weight: 93
DOB: 31/7/98

AVG Disposals: 11.6
Goals: 12

Player Traits: Taylor Walker, Josh Bruce
Position: Key Forward

Bio: Patrick is a strong key forward with great hands and power of the lead. He has great body work and a great forward craft. He could play AFL early as his body is developed enough physically he just needs to lift his fitness to push up the ground.

Patrick does his best work close to goal. He is hard to stop on the lead and uses his strong,clean hands overhead to take the ball on the run. He is also decent at ground level on many occasions winning a half volley and snapping goals. His set shot routine is hit and miss but he is generally an accurate kick.

For a pure key forward he hasn't kicked many goals with only one game kicking over 2 goals in the TAC. He seems to be a little one dimensional and will need to adjust his game to adapt to AFL footy. The main query will be if he can improve his fitness and get involved more.

Patrick has the size and smarts to make it as a good key forward and with some added fitness and determination he can turn out to be one of the better players from this draft.

Pick 28 - GWS Giants - Harrison Macreadie - Bid Matched
Team: Henty
Height: 196
Weight: 89
DOB: 11/4/98

Player Traits: Nick Haynes, Jake Carlisle

Bio: Harry had an underwhelming championships by his standards. He has incredible skill and agility for his size and moves like a midfielder at times. He certainly had people talking with his performances in academy games.

Harry is one of the smarter defenders in this draft he is cool and composed with footy in hand and uses it very well by hand. Kicking was hit and miss at the championships but he is generally pretty good. He likes to zone of and has good hands and height to make the most of it.

He struggled at times matching it with key forwards on the lead which may show a lack of speed and tended to get lost or lose touch on the very best forwards in the champs. Shows to me he prefers playing on his own terms when he can roam in defense doing as he pleases.

There is still a lot of development left in Harry and he has a lot of great tools to become one of the better defenders in the game but needs to work on his one on one defending which can always improve.

Pick 29 - Western Bulldogs - Brennan Cox
Team: Woodville West Torrens
Weight: 90
DOB: 13/8/98

Player Traits: Cale Hooker, Harry Taylor
Position: Key Defender/Key Forward

Bio: Brennan is a smart and talented key position player who put his name on the map with his impressive championships performance playing as a key defender. He has played defense and forward in the SANFL and looks comfortable playing at both ends.

As a defender he has great hands and uses his body well. He has a good jump so can spoil and mark to match it with the better tall players. He has great hands at ground level and good speed for his size he can glide across the ground. He is a smart user of the footy taking the best option and knowing his limitations.

Up forward he shows similar traits to what he does in defense. Great body work and is composed with ball in hand at takes the right option a lot of the time. He has a nice action kicking for goal.

He does have low possession games he will need to improve fitness and try and get involved more. For all his smarts and clean hands he could provide some more rebound than he does right now.

What makes him a good prospect is his composure, athleticism, clean hands and versatility. His body is almost ready as well so wont take as long as most young key position players to make an impact at AFL level.

Pick 30 - Richmond - Jordan Ridley
Height: 192
DOB: 20/10/98

TAC Games: 16
AVG Disposals: 19.6

Player Traits: Andrew Mackie, Sam Gilbert
Position: Defender/Forward

Bio: Ridley is a talented defender who started as a forward. He has great hands and is a good judge of the ball in flight. He is still very light but is strong in the contest.

Ridley has had a good year which ended on a sour note after an injury in Oakliegh's last game. He had a terrific finals series showing great composure down back cutting of a lot of entries. His hands are very good he can take a grab and use the footy quickly by hand and is a decent user by foot.

Jordan is your prototype defender where he has the athleticism to go with talls and smalls he has decent speed and can zone of and rebound better than most players in this draft. He is confident and hardly flustered with ball in hand.

I didn't have Jordan on my radar after the championships but watching his finals series had me watch him closer in the championships and im convinced now he should be a very good AFL player and i wouldn't be surprised to see him get taken early in the 2nd round.

Pick 31 - Collingwood - Zac Sproule - Bid Not Matched

Height: 198
DOB: 12/5/98

AVG Disposals: 14.4

Player Traits: Jake Carlisle, Nick Reiwoldt
Position: Key Forward/Key Defender

Bio: Zac is a talented key position player with the ability to play both forward and back. Has had an up and down year switching from back to forward on multiple occasions, it remains to be seen what role he will play at AFL level.

As a forward Zac is a great shot at goal especially from outside 50. He runs all day and his work rate is huge when played at CHF. For all his work he doesn't get a lot of the footy as a forward but if given space he will cut you up, his speed and marking are both very good.

As a defender he plays a lot better when he runs of his opponent and provides rebound. He has great speed and agility for a big man and doesn't mind going for a run out of the back line. Struggles a little on the big guys in a wrestle however.

Of all the games Ive seen of him this year i think he is better suited as a defender but knowing he can switch to either position makes him a very likely prospect and expect a Victorian team to bid somewhere in the 2nd round.

Pick 32 - Essendon - Josh Begley
Height: 186 Weight: 96
DOB: 3/7/98

TAC Games: 15
AVG Disposals: 17
Goals: 26

Player Traits: Patrick Dangerfield, Ollie Wines
Position: Forward, Midfield

Bio: Josh is a powerful brute of a player, his hands are clean at ground level and overhead and is super dangerous when played out of the square having the strength, leap and power to trouble any opponent.

Josh came on the seen after kicking 17 goals in his first 3 games in the TAC, he is always a threat when forward but the coach's gave him a task to get fit and play up the ground to show he wasn't a one trick pony and he was up to the task with his skin folds going from 80 to 55 in a short amount of time.

Josh still has shown limited ability in the midfield, there is still a lot to improve their but when he gets his hands on the footy he can do damage, he is a one touch player in the contest and has the power to break tackles and dish out buy can also burst out with the footy himself.

He is now expected to feature in the 2nd round in the draft with many clubs in the 20s very interested so don't be surprised to see this guys name called out earlier than expected. Massive upside mixed with rapid improvement he could surprise a few at AFL level.

Pick 33 - Port Adelaide - Jonty Scharenberg
Team: Glenelg
DOB: 28/8/98

Player Traits: Brad Crouch, Ben Cunnington

Bio: Jonty is a tough and smart inside midfielder who knows how to win the footy in close and dish out to his teammates. Has had a super consistent year and was rewarded with a best on ground performance in the SANFL grand final.

Jonty loves the tough stuff, he is a keen tackler and will try his hardest to win first possession and when he does he is super clean by hand and will create many forward movements. He wins a lot of the footy so he isn't just a one trick pony. His outside game isn't anywhere near his inside but he will still work hard on the outside to provide for his teammates.

His decision making is very good but execution by foot can be very hit and miss. He is confident with the pill and will generally choose the right option but kicking has let him down on many occasions this year.

If your picking Jonty your picking him on his ability to win the clearances and be efficient by hand and provide defensive acts as he will run all day and lay tackle after tackle. Will be interesting to see where he fits in the draft he looks a likely 2nd rounder.

Pick 34 - GWS Giants - Isaac Cumming - Bid Matched
Height: 184 Weight: 74
DOB: 11/8/98

SANFL games: 1
AVG Disposals: 29

Player Traits: Kade Simpson, Brad Sheppard
Position: Defender, Wing

Bio: Isaac is a smooth moving defender who has decent speed and agility. He has an attacking mindset and is always looking to get the play moving.

Was all over the place this year playing a handful of SANFL, TAC, NEAFL and championship games. Kikcing has been said to be a feature but has been inconsistent by foot from the games ive seen he will stab at the footy a bit too much sometimes but when he gets it right he can be a damaging kick.

He is a smart player mostly taking the right options and knowing when to attack and defend, he is a very smart player. Doesnt win enouhg of the ball up the ground and seems more suited in defense at this stage.

Has risen up the draft from his testing at the combine with some saying he is a top 30 selection but im not convinced yet and feel he is closer to pick 40 onwards.

Pick 35 - Port Adelaide - Josh Rotham
Team: West Perth
Height: 192
DOB: 25/2/98

WAFL Games: Colts: 8
Reserves: 2
AVG Disposals: C: 22.8 R: 14.5

Player Traits: Andrew Mackie, Michael Hibberd

Bio: Josh is a speedy tall defender with great hands and a willingness to take the game on. He is one of the better rebounders in the draft and has shown versatility at colts level sometimes playing midfield.

Josh had some great games in last years championships. His marking and speed where a feature and despite his light frame showed courage and dare. This years championships where good for him but he would have expected better. He took one of the better marks in one game showing his trademark courage and athleticism.

Because of his frame he can struggle against the bigger bodies in marking contests but he does have good body work and this can improve when he can add size to his frame.

He is the perfect modern defender with his speed and rebounding ability along with his height and development to come make him a certain 2nd round option in the draft with the sky being the limit.

Pick 36 - North Melbourne - Willem Drew
Height: 188
Weight: 78
DOB: 1/10/98

AVG Disposals: 22.8

Player Traits: Mason Redman, Liam Picken
Position: Midfield/Flank

Bio: Drew is a determined and well rounded midfielder, he likes to get his hands dirty and do the defensive things as well. He has clean hands and is a decent user of the footy by hand and foot.

Drew has had a super consistent year at TAC level, he is looked up to by teammates and is a favorite of the coaches, he does everything asked of him and is a real team player he will run to provide support and will be the first to pick his teammates up after a knock.

Drew has great hands but he hasn't got the size to play midfield at AFL level anytime soon. He is good at getting his hands up in a tackle but often gets dispossessed in a hard tackle despite getting his arms free this is something he will need to work on. He gets a good amount of the footy and uses it well but he isn't elite by foot but by hand he is very creative and brings others into the game.

Drew is tough he wont give up on a chase and will run out the game like its his last. He is a very likable player with a lot of development left in him, the query will be if he can play midfield at AFL level but he has the drive and talent to do so.

Pick 37 - North Melbourne - Dylan Clarke
Height: 187
Weight: 85
DOB: 6/9/98

AVG Disposals: 29.5
Goals: 7

Player Traits: Patrick Cripps, David Mundy

Bio: Clarke is a contested ball magnet, he works hard all around the ground and his stoppage work is umangst the best in this draft. Has grown during the year as well so doubt he is 187cm anymore he looks closer to 190cm.

Clarke is a smart player he works hard but he also works to smart spots on the ground he just knows where the footy will be both in the contest and in general play. He doesn't over exert himself he tends to stay in the middle of the ground.

His hands in close are exceptional and can be hard to stop with his big body and his first few steps are quicker than you would think. He makes great decisions in close and you can count on his possession putting teammates in a better spot.

Kicking is his main worry but has gotten better as the year has gone on. Id say his technique in general is fine he just needs to keep working at it. I really like Clarke and i think he would be a bargain late in the 2nd round.

Pick 38 - West Coast - Zac Fisher
Team: Perth
Height: 175
Weight: 61
DOB: 15/6/98

WAFL Games: 10
AVG Disposals: 18.7

Player Traits: Lachie Neale, Caleb Daniel

Bio. Zac is a little ball magnet, he is a smart player who positions himself well at stoppages and isn't afraid to win the hard footy despite his size.

Zac made a name for himself in the championships where he won tonnes of the footy with his speed and use of the footy catching the eye of recruiters and spectators. There is a lot to like about how Zac plays his footy much like Caleb Daniel in his draft year.

Zac positions himself well all across the ground and can kick goals from the midfield. He can twist and turn out of trouble and has the speed that makes him hard to catch. He has only played senior footy in the WAFL and has been fantastic against big bodies and has shown he should be able to match it at AFL level.

Size will scare a few teams off but he will reward the team willing to give him a chance. He is sure to become a popular player to supporters and wont die wondering since he has done all he can to get picked.

Pick 39 - Fremantle - Jack Maibaum
Weight: 90
DOB: 27/3/98

AVG Disposals: 11.8

Player Traits: Heath Grundy, Steven May

Bio: Jack is a no fuss key defender who is solid as a rock and has beaten some of the better forwards in the TAC this year. He is a solid contested player with the body and determination to play AFL early.

Jack is an All-Australian defender and is worthy of the praise he gets. He does everything you want from a key defender. He has the ability to match it with the big forwards and even beat them in marking contests not just spoil. He isn't a big rebound player his rebound will come from beating his opponent, he doesn't run off all that often.

Jack has also shown he can be effective forward as well and his agility testing at the combine would have had a few recruiters thinking maybe he could make a better forward than defender. His disposal is solid without being elite and his disposal numbers are quite low.

For a pure no nonsense key defender you wont find anyone better in this draft and he has the body to make an impact early in his career. He could feature anywhere in the 2nd round.

Pick 40 - St Kilda - Elliot Himmelberg

Team: Aspley
Height: 196 Weight: 89
DOB: 4/6/98

Nationals Games: 4
AVG Disposals: 12.5
Goals: na

Player Traits: Jackson Trengove

Bio: Himmelberg is a tall defender with great endurance and agility for his size. He didn't get to play much footy this year but may feature in the 2nd round of the draft.

He has versatility and can play forward when required but seems more suited to defense, he has aggression at the contest making hard spoils and making forwards earn their possessions. He has good athletic traits and a nice size for a defender.

Elliot is still growing and could reach key position height and maybe play a role similar to Jackson Trengove. His marking is solid and contested marking is also good. His ball use can be iffy and can also make bad or slow decisions with ball in hand.

Elliot has a lot of potential and with his size and aggression going with his athletic traits it should see him go in the main draft.

Pick 41 - Collingwood - Callum Brown - Bid Matched
Height: 177
Weight: 69
DOB: 27/4/98

AVG Disposals: 19.3

Player Traits: Lewis Taylor, Luke Dahlhaus

Bio: Callum is another small and talented father-son for the pies and he has had a terrific year for Eastern. He is evasive, quick and composed and he knows how to win the footy.

Callum has clean and quick hands and can bring teammates into the game. He is a slippery customer he can evade tackles with ease and doesn't seem rushed when in possession. He can win the footy on the inside and outside he will scrap for the footy at a bottom of a pack but can also wait on the outside where he is quick to react and get separation.

Size is an issue for Callum and he isn't blessed with outstanding athletic attributes but he makes up for it with courage and he still has a bit of development left so he may still become a midfielder at AFL level but will most likely start in a forward pocket and pushing up for stints on ball.

There is still a lot of potential with Brown he hasn't shown his best but what he has shown has still been very good and like Daicos he should be bid on somewhere in the 2nd round.

Pick 42 - Collingwood - Josh Daicos - Bid Matched
Height: 178
Weight: 69
DOB: 26/11/98

AVG Disposals: 15.2
Goals: 11

Player Traits: Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Daniel

Bio: The son of a gun, Josh is a small forward who knows how to kick a goal but that shouldn't be surprising should it ;). Josh has great composure and skill and despite his size he has had some very influential performances this year.

Josh is very light but he is very smart and rarely makes a mistake when in possession. He waits for the right option and will give a quick handball when its required. He has had a lot of quite games however with his numbers not being high enough for either a forward or midfielder which keep him from being a guaranteed top 30 player.

Josh still has a lot of development left in him and could still grow a bit so its not a stretch to think he could become a midfielder at AFL level. Was used at half back in the All Stars game and didn't look out of place, he got a lot of the footy and showed his versatility.

Great hands, skill and composure are his main traits and to go with the famous name he should be an excitement machine for pies supporters in the coming years with his best footy well and truly left to come.

Pick 43 - Geelong - Sam McLarty
Height: 197 Weight: 91
DOB: 11/5/98

AVG Disposals: 14.1
Goals:

Player Traits: Alex Rance
Bio: Sam is a strong marking key defender who played a few games forward this year showing his versatility. Injuries crueled his year.

Sam has strong hands and will crash packs and go back with the flight to take a mark. He is tough and always a threat. He has ridiculous speed and agility for his size he is able to go past opponents much smaller than him with ease.

Sam has had shoulder issues which may continue in his career, he also has an ear issue which could also become a hindrance. Sam has had some consistency issues but that could improve with stability in his position.

Sam had a bad year and is a risk but the upside is huge. Someone of his size shouldn't move the way he does and along with his aggression and marking he would be a steal late in the draft or rookie draft.

Pick 44 - West Coast - Jake Waterman - Bid Matched
Height: 189
Weight: 86
DOB: 6/5/98

WAFL Games: Colts: 10
Reserves: 1
Seniors: 4
AVG Disposals: C: 20.7 R: 19 S: 12
Goals: 38

Player Traits: Jack Darling, Tim Membrey

Bio: Jake is a forward who isn't quite key position size but he has been able to beat some of the best taller defenders in this years draft pool. A proven goal kicker and wins a fair amount of the footy for a player in his position.

Jake is at an awkward height for a key position player and he wont play the roles he does now at AFL level but i feel he could easily fill a Membrey type role. He is a great contested mark and he has a high work rate as he often leads up the ground taking marks on the wing.

He is also a good user of the footy, not elite by any stretch but good enough for a player of his type. He loves to tackle and will do the team things when required. Has proven himself against senior bodies and could see him pushing for selection early in his career.

He has gone under the radar but his numbers stack up very well and was solid in the championships and All Stars game. Id be surprised if he isn't bid somewhere in the 2nd Round.

Pick 45 - Fremantle - Jack Graham

DOB: 25/2/98

Player Traits: Scott Thompson, Nathan Jones

Bio: Jack is a tough and strong inside midfielder winning the Larke Medal for best player in the championships. His strength and speed at the clearances was fantastic and really put himself on the radar with his championships.

Jack hits clearances at speed and he has the body to get through most traffic. He is smart around the clearances knowing the right time to hit the ball. His hands are clean and quick and is a keen tackler.

Kicking is a major issue with Jack he tends to stab the footy or just lay it on the boot. Even though he wins the ball at speed he isn't quick around the ground and when he does win possession he doesn't carry the footy.

Jack is ready to play AFL footy but a lot of what makes him standout might not work against hard AFL bodies but from what he has shown so far he should be a shoe in to get drafted.

Last edited:
Pick 46 - Essendon - Corey Lyons
Height: 182 Weight: 77
DOB: 31/5/98

AVG Disposals: 24.2

Player Traits: Rory Sloane, Darcy Parish

Bio: Corey is a hard nut midfielder who can win the footy on the inside and outside and can bob up for a goal here and there. He isn't an athlete by any means but he knows how to play footy and shows alot of leadership traits.

Corey isnt a fast player but he can use the ball fast by hand, not a long kick but usually makes the right decisions by foot and hand(Darcy Parish). He has a low center of gravity he can keep the ball out in front and protect himself and the ball from opponents. He goes in hard and low which sees him get alot of free kicks but isn't a notorious ducker.

Mostly kicks his goals from the midfield either a free kick from a stoppage or in a chain will run to a dangerous spot to take a mark. In the finals he had multiple shots 45 out on a 45 degree angle when the game was on the line and would kick it easily. He lifts in the last quarter right when the game needs somone to win the hard footy and run hard both offensively and defensively.(Rory Sloane).

He isnt a damaging player by foot sometimes his kicks can fall just short but he usually picks the right option by foot and his work by hand is also good without being elite. He isn't athletic either.

Corey should become an AFL midfielder maybe not the main midfielder but would add handy depth with his ball winning ability to go with his ability to kick a goal when its needed. A late 2nd round prospect at best and is perfect for a team wanting extra midfield depth.

Pick 47 - Brisbane - Jacob Allison - Bid Matched
DOB: 16/4/98

Player Traits: Mark Blicavs, Jordan Murdoch
Position: Utility

Bio: Jacob is a tall utility capable of playing in many different roles. His speed is elite and is a long kick of the footy. He is very unique and looked a certain top 10 prospect after his performances for Queensland in the championships last year but has been a shell of the player he was last year.

Jacob has a lot of exciting traits. He has elite speed and at 194cm it makes him a difficult match-up and that's not all, his marking is also good and he is a booming kick as well. He won a lot of the footy last year but his numbers weren't anywhere near it this year, he looked lost at times and went stat less for entire quarters.

His draft range is a mystery, he hasn't lost any of his talent he can still mark, he can still run and still do some massive kicks and if he shows anywhere near his best from last year he is one of the most dynamic and exciting players in this draft crop.

Brisbane are sure to match any bid since his talent is far too great to ignore id still expect a bid somewhere between 20-40. Will take time but the upside is exciting with Jacob.

Pick 48 - Geelong - Esava Ratugolea

Height: 194 Weight: 93
DOB: 24/7/98

AVG Disposals: 10.6
Goals: 15

Player Traits: Majak Daw
Position: Key Forward/Ruckman

Bio: Esava is an exciting key position player he played most of his TAC in the ruck and up forward. He wont be expected to ruck at AFL level but shows some good signs up forward kicking a a bag of goals earlier in the year forcing his way into the Vic Country team.

He competes well at ground level and moves really well for his size. He is a good mark and competes well in the air but can also run and jump and is near unstoppable when he can do so.

Isn't the best decision maker by foot or hand but he is still learning with this only being his 3rd year of playing the sport.

The upside is huge he will take some time even though he has the body to cope his footy IQ still needs a lot of work but has too much talent to not get drafted.

Pick 49 - Adelaide - Sam Walker
Height: 185 Weight: 79
DOB: 16/3/98

SANFL U18: 10
SANFL RESERVES: 9
AVG Disposals: 18s: 16 RES: 13

Player Traits: Dane Rampe

Bio: Talented half back who is a good user on his left foot and can play on smalls and play tall when required. He loves to create bit can also do a job defensively.

He was superb in the championships earning all-australian selection he worked well with his fellow defenders for South Australia who where arguably the best defense in the championships. Knows how to follow a structure and defend and attack of half back.

He is rather light with his size just a little bit of an issue not having the speed to go with the speedy smalls but not the height to go with the taller forwards so find himself at an awkward spot for AFL footy but he may find his niche on a wing.

Walker is an interesting prospect he has runs on the board but the challenge is whether he can get tings to work at AFL level.

Pick 50 - Sydney - Luke Ryan
Team: Coburg
Height: 186 Weight: 83
DOB: 7/2/96

VFL Games: 10

Player Traits: Michael Hibberd

Bio: Luke is a mature age rebounding defender who is a great kick of the footy. Had a ripper year at Coburg which has pushed him into 2nd round calculations.

He kick started a lot of drive for Coburg he reads the play well from half back he will fly for marks and spoils while also providing meaningful rebound with his long and accurate kicking.

I haven't seen much of Luke since i haven't watched much VFL this year but he won the Fothergill medal with most winners of that award going on to play AFL.

He should be able to come into a team straight away he is ready made and good value.

Pick 51 - Melbourne - Ben Long
Team: Footscray VFL
Height: 181 Weight: 73
DOB: 21/8/97

VFL Games: 7
AVG Disposals: 10.3
Goals: 13

Player Traits: Charlie Cameron, Jarman Impey
Position: Forward/Defender

Bio: Ben is a 19 year old who missed selection in the draft last year but was given a chance to play some VFL with Footscray and got to play in the Championships with the Allies team with one game getting the job on Ainsworth and beating him.

Ben played forward for Footscray and showed his tricks with his standout game coming in the preliminary final kicking 6 goals. His speed, agility and skill where on show and certainly moved up draft boards with his finals series as a forward.

In the championships he played defense where in my opinion he looked better, His speed, class and decision making was elite and was able to stop his opponent while also rebounding not only winning intercept possessions in a contest but also zoning off dangerous opponents.

Ben is a professional who works hard on his game and is always looking to improve, he needs to win more of the footy and develop more of a contested game but that will come with more size and development. Ben's draft range is unclear but looks set to go somewhere in the top 50.

Pick 52 - Carlton - Tom Williamson
Height: 189 Weight: 79
DOB: 12/12/98

TAC Games: 14
AVG Disposals: 17.4
Goals:

Player Traits: Dane Rampe, Sam Docherty

Bio: Tom is a medium/tall defender with great endurance and speed for his size. Stared at the combine doing well in agility, jumping and endurance tests.

Tom is a rebounding defender who has great hands and loves to move the ball quickly and create. He is a good mark overhead and has the speed to impact a contest with a spoil or intercept mark while coming of his player.

He is a sharp left foot kick and loves to kick with every opportunity, he loves to take the game on and go for a run and he is suited to the fast modern game. There are times he needs a bit of composure its good to take the game on but there are times you need to hold onto the footy.

Tom's year was consistent and his combine performance has put him in the mix for the second round. His kicking can be rushed which he will need to work on.

Pick 53 - Sydney - Ryan Garthwaite - Bid Not Matched
Height: 192 Weight: 83
DOB: 30/6/98

Player Traits: Daniel Talia, Tom McDonald

Bio: Ryan is an effective key defender who can play on talls and smalls he is a players that can be depended on to stop a dangerous player and is rated as one of the best one on one defenders in the draft.

Rarely beaten in the air and a very good intercept mark he is well suited to today's footy with a great mix of defending an opponent and setting up a counter attack.

His kicking style is weird but mostly gets the job done he knows his limitations and generally makes good decisions coming out of defense. He is till a bit undersized so may be limited to the real big brutes at AFL level but could easily fill the 3rd tall role and do a job.

Ryan has enough standout attributes to be selected in the main draft and could easily play a dozen games of AFL footy next year.

Pick 54 - Western Bulldogs - Taylin Duman
Height: 192 Weight: 77
DOB: 18/4/98

AVG Disposals: 20.3

Player Traits: Martin Gleeson, Isaac Smith
Position: Wing, Defender

Bio: Taylin is light but plays with confidence and skill with flashes of speed and dare when he is up and running he is hard to stop and looks very good.

Taylin is very light for his size and is mostly an outside player at this stage but if he fills out he could be a real weapon. His kicking was an issue early in the year but got better as the year went on and is now a very good kick he can kick low and penetrating passes.

Taylin has a good footy brain and never looks flustered he is a leader in a way. He is solid overhead despite his size. He can play forward as well when required.

Has speed, size, smarts and versatility its just a matter of if he can add size to his frame but he should go in the first 50 picks and will be a bargain after that.

Pick 55 - Adelaide - Myles Poholke
Height: 184 Weight: 82
DOB: 10/7/98

TAC Games: 13
AVG Disposals: 21

Player Traits: Nathan Jones, Brad Crouch

Bio: Myles is a tough and hard working inside midfielder who is a beats on on one and is a true professional and dedicated to making AFL footy. Was selected late in the academy and hasn't looked back being on of the most consistent midfielders in the draft.

His body is ready for AFL footy he has the size and aerobic capacity to play a large amount of games and has the versatility to play forward and back when required. Worked hard before the combine to show his athletic talents dropping 3kg and doing well in the speed and aerobic tests.

Myles has neat skills by hand but can make it hard for forwards kicking inside 50 either kicking to their feet or slightly over their head. His kicking action is fine he just needs to settle a bit more on the run.

His agility needs work and doesn't use his speed often enough but he has the size to beat most players on the inside mixing it up with some of the better inside midfielders in the draft he could end up a very decent tagger. Draft range is tricky but expect somewhere after pick 40.

Pick 56 - Richmond - Joe Atley
Height: 185 Weight: 83
DOB: 4/8/98

AVG Disposals: 22
Goals: 8

Player Traits: Scott Selwood, Ben Cunnington

Bio: Joe is a hard working inside midfielder with a great work ethic and is always wanting to bring others into he game. He has a team first attitude and will do everything needed defensively as well.

On the inside Joe is clean and can win the hard footy and dish out effectively, He has good awareness of his teammates always looking to put them in a better position. His decision making can be shaky when he has time to think sometimes taking too long to pick an option with some kicks this year being absolute howlers under no pressure.

Kicking is Joe's biggest weakness and something he will need to improve to be an effective AFL player. He has the inside game and dedication just needs to add more polish to his game.

Atley is someone i had in the 2nd round but after watching more games live at the end of the year i worry his skill will hold him back at AFL level and have him going somewhere after pick 40.

Pick 57 - St Kilda - Bailey Morrish
Height: 186 Weight: 81
DOB: 18/5/98

TAC Games: 18
AVG Disposals: 13

Player Traits: Michael Hibberd, Sam Docherty

Bio: Rebounding half back who is a great left foot kick and a great mark contested or zoning of.
Bailey has a great leap and speed and has been given jobs on the best tall forwards despite his height.

His leap and speed helps him keep up with any player tall or small and he uses his body well and knows when to run off.

Bailey is cool and composed with ball in hand and a ripper kick of the footy but he is reliant on his left side. Bailey's numbers are also very low for a half-back but generally beats his opponent and when he does get the footy he makes good decisions.

Baileys form didn't go unnoticed earning a combine invite and selection in the All-Stars game which he performed very well in both. Will get drafted its just a matter of where, he will be good value from 30 on wards and could play AFL early.

Pick 58 - Carlton - Patrick Lipinski
Team: Northern Knights
Height: 187 Weight: 80
DOB: 17/7/98

AVG Disposals: 18.6

Player Traits: Daniel Menzel, Lin Jong
Position: Forward, Midfield

Bio: Patrick is an exciting forward who can play midfield. He has a great leap and is clean overhead and at ground level a real one touch player.

Patrick is from a basketball background so game sense is still improving but he uses his basketball traits to his advantage. He loves a high grab and is quick on his feet after a marking contest he is good one on one marking and can be dangerous on the lead or one out in the goal square.

He is composed with ball in hand but can take too long to get rid of the footy, he is more outside at this stage but has the clean hands and agility to do well on the inside. He is a constant threat when he is near the footy.

Patrick has the work ethic and athletic attributes to become a star and could be a smokey to go in the top 40 and should definitely get drafted.

Pick 59 - Geelong - Hamish Brayshaw
Height: 186 Weight: 85
DOB: 9/2/98

AVG Disposals: 18
Goals: 18

Player Traits: Dean Kent, Mav Weller

Bio: Hamish is a natural leader he gives positive and clear directive talk to his teammates and uses his voice to demand the ball and help out his teammates. He is a great mark overhead and has good leading patterns up forward.

Hamish is a different type of player. Solid and well built he can play midfield but seems more suited to the forward line(Dean Kent). He is a great mark overhead and rather quick of the lead and will call loudly and lead to good spots.

Played more midfield early in the year but played mostly forward where he had better effect for Sandringham. He did get a few stints in the midfield in the finals winning a few clearances he used the ball well by hand.

His speed is decent but doesn't have good agility and can find it hard to get around opponents. His skills are good but far from elite. He is a no thrills type player but usually gets the job done but i could see him being a forward tagger who can do a job on a dangerous defender and keep them honest, he tackles hard and can still organize the forward line(Mav Weller).

He is hard to place he could be a really good addition to a club needing a mid sized forward. His leadership and size should see him play AFL early.

Pick 60 - Carlton - Jarrod Korehwa
Height: 192 Weight: 82
DOB: 8/5/98

AVG Disposals: 13.5
Goals:

Player Traits: Tom McDonald

Bio: Jarrod is a Tall rebounding defender with impressive speed and marking. Has had an up and down year after looking like a guarantee to be picked at the start of the year.

Jarrod has a great attacking mindset he is always trying to move the play forward with his run and carry. He is a good reader of the play and get set up many scoring opportunities from defense. With aggression and dare to go with his size and speed he should get picked up.

His kicking can be hit and miss and can sometimes be too loose on his opponents. For someone with an attacking mindset he could get more of the ball. He seems more suited to being a 3rd tall.

Jarrod has a lot of nice attributes and i would definitely take him in the main draft. Would be a bargain rookie pick.

Pick 61 - Adelaide - Jack Henry
Height: 191 Weight: 84
DOB: 29/8/98

AVG Disposals: 15
Goals: 21

Player Traits: Kyle Langford, James Sicily

Bio: Jack is a quick and athletic forward with a great leap and great balance. Was an elite athlete and it shows with his speed and overall athletic traits.

Jack has had an up and down year as a forward but can play high half forward and closer to goal, he is hard to stop on a lead and in open play can take the game on and attack. Can sometimes lack strength in marking contests but can always improve.

Jack is able to keep his balance with ball in hand able to get around players with ease, he could become a midfielder but either way should be a troublesome forward. Kicking is ok without being great and contested numbers could be better.

Jack has a lot of athleticism and attacking flair which should see him get drafted late or rookie.

Pick 62 - Essendon - Peter Ladhams
Team: Norwood
Height: 203 Weight: 94
DOB: 14/1/98

SANFL U18s : 12
SANFL RESERVES: 3
AVG Disposals: U18: 15.3 RES: 12.3
Goals:

Player Traits: Matthew Leunberger
Position: Ruck

Bio: Peter is an athletic ruckman able to influence around the ground and one of the better tap ruckman in the draft.

Peter started the year horribly, he was told to lift his game from academy coaches and he knuckled down and improved his performances and improved all his combine times.

Peter has nice skills and athleticism for his size and a good goal kicker as well he has the mobility needed in modern AFL.

Peter has had some consistency issues but being a ruckman he has years until he should be AFL ready. He should be given a chance in the rookie draft but either way he should become an AFL ruckman in time.

Pick 63 - Melbourne - Harry Morrison
Height: 182 Weight: 77
DOB: 12/11/98

AVG Disposals: 15.3

Player Traits: James Kelly

Bio: Harry is a very good decision maker down back he is calm and collected and executes by hand and foot. He is the main weapon for Murray out of defense starting most of their counter-attack.

Harry has dealt with a lot of injuries in his junior career and was lucky to finally get over them and finished the year really well being able to play in a grand final, attend the combine(10th in Agility, 9th in 3km) and was able to play in the All Stars game being able to play more midfield and even stints up forward.

Harry hasn't been able to show a great contested game and needs to improve his speed but he can set up play and really do some damage down back and could be a steal late in the draft.

Pick 64 - Carlton - Nick Larkey
Height: 198 Weight: 85
DOB: 6/6/98

Goals: 16

Player Traits: Jake Carlisle, Sam Reid
Position: Key Position

Bio: Nick is a tall athletic utility able to play forward, back and even ruck. Played mostly back in the championships and forward at TAC doing well at both ends.

He is a great mark and reader of the ball in flight, he has a light frame but can be strong in the contest. Body size will be something to work on but has time on his side to get that up to AFL level.

He moves well for a big guy and wasn't afraid to run and carry the footy out of defense in the championships. He did some great jobs on some of the better forwards in the championships and also beat some of the better defenders at TAC level.

His marking is very good on the lead and despite his size has done well body on body at times which is promising. He can go missing for long periods of the game so needs to work on his ability to stay involved at keep presenting when forward.

Larkey is an interesting prospect with his height and development to go with his versatility he could end up a real steal in the long run if picked late.

Pick 65 - Fremantle - Quinton Narkle

Team: Perth
Height: 180 Weight: 78
DOB: 3/12/97

WAFL Games: 7
AVG Disposals: 27.7
Goals:

Player Traits: Allen Christensen
Position: Forward, Midfielder

Bio: Quinton is a speedy and elusive small forward/midfielder who attacks the ball at pace and is a great finisher around goal.

Quinton is a 19 year old so he had a slight edge on his opponents in the colts but he dominated int he midfield winning many contested possessions and using his bodywork and timing at the stoppages to his advantage, his speed and timing made him a threat in the midfield and his finishing around goal made him dangerous forward as well.

He has great skill and managed to win a lot of the ball in the middle but endurance is still something that could improve along with his defensive efforts. As a small quick player he doesn't have many weaknesses that cant be fixed.

Injury hurt his year but he has great skills, speed and ball winning ability and should get on a list late in the draft at least.

Pick 66 - Geelong - Ed Phillips
Team: Oakleigh Chargers
Height: 186 Weight: 78
DOB: 29/3/98

AVG Disposals: 18.2
Goals:

Player Traits: Cameron Guthrie
Position: Midfielder, Utility

Bio: Ed is a medium utility able to play back, forward and midfield. He is tough as nails and as beaten many good players this year.

Ed is a great mark overhead which adds to his versatility, able to take pack marks and win one on one marking contests in the forward line and also through the middle. Has also done some attacking tagging roles, he played on McCluggage in a final beating him in many center clearances while also kicking 3 goals himself.

Ed's composure could be better and his speed and agility is only average. His disposals numbers are ok for a layer always changing position but could do with getting more of the footy. He has great endurance and is a good finisher in front of goal.

Ed is being considered late by a lot of clubs and he should be a certainty to get on a list if he gets to the rookie draft.

Pick 67 - Geelong - Ben Davis
Team: UNSW
Height: 186 Weight: 80
DOB: 19/5/97

National Games: 6
AVG Disposals: 13.7
Goals:

Player Traits: Kyle Langford, Sam Mayes
Position: Defender,Forward

Bio: Ben is a medium utility who plays forward and back. Has great goal sense as a forward and can rebound with good composure from defense. He is a 19 year old this year.

Ben has great skill by hand and foot and is composed with ball in hand. To go with his clean ball touch and marking he can play anywhere on the ground. Injuries have hurt his year where he could have had more midfield time.

Ben is a smart player who is never flustered but he can sometimes lack urgency, he has decent speed but rarely uses it to run and carry sometimes taking too long to choose an option. Needs to work on his contested game as-well.

Ben is one of the more talented players in the draft, injuries have set him back but is likely to find a home late in the draft if not a big steal in the rookie draft.

Pick 68 - Brisbane - Declan Watson - Bid Matched
Height: 191 Weight: 83
DOB: 17/9/98

NEAFL Games: 6
AVG Disposals: 14.2
Goals:

Player Traits: Heath Grundy, Steven May

Bio: Declan is a competitive defender who rarely loses a contest. He is a great reader of the play and is a part of the Brisbane Lions academy.

Declan is a tough and competitive defender who hates to lose and rarely loses. He is also a good intercept mark and can win those either working of his opponent or beating them in a one on one.

He played forward as a junior so he could swing forward if needed but he should be a defender first and foremost. He takes kick-ins so is a big long kick and trusted to hit a target, he thrives on the challenge down back.

Many feel he could be the first picked in the Lions academy so expect a bid late in the 2nd round or early 3rd round.

Pick 69 - Western Bulldogs - Mitchell McCarthy
Height: 195 Weight: 93
DOB: 10/10/97

AVG Disposals: 7
Goals:

Player Traits: Josh Jenkins, Jordan Roughead
Position: Tall Utility

Bio: Mitchell is a tall utility who can play anywhere playing mostly ruck for Dandenong. He comes from a basketball background which shows in his game where he loves to jump at the footy and has clean hands.

A good and long kick for his size despite limited football exposure he has good skill when in possession. Injuries cut his year short but was improving as the year went on and should keep improving in an AFL system.

Is undersized for a ruckman but his leap and judgement of the ball in the air to go with his clean touch he could influence as a 3rd man up at AFL level but his skills also lend him to be a decent tall defender and perhaps forward as well if developed right.

Still lacks game sense but sky is the limit and he should find a club in the rookie draft at the very least. Might be a draft bolter if a club is brave enough early he could be a real steal.

Last edited:
Pick 70 - Fremantle - Brandan Parfitt
Height: 177 Weight: 79
DOB: 27/8/98

SANFL U18s : 6
SANFL RESERVES: 4
AVG Disposals: U18: 29.3 RES: 18.8

Player Traits: Lewis Taylor

Bio: Brandan is a ball magnet inside midfielder who can also play outside, he has decent agility and works hard with and without the footy.

Brandan racks up the touches with one game getting 48 touches and he works hard to win it on the inside and outside with his hands in congestion very good and is just a great user by hand. His kicking is hit and miss and doesn't really hurt you with his possessions.

Getting his body right has been a challenge with i injuries nagging him this year. He had a good finals series and a very good grand final performance where he once again got a lot of the footy. There is question marks on his speed but hasn't looked too bad.

Brandan is hard to place but considering his size and lack of hurt by foot see's him go past pick 40 and maybe becomes a rookie pick.

Pick 71 - Richmond - Kayle Kirby
Height: 181 Weight: 96
DOB: 31/8/98

AVG Disposals: 12.2
Goals: 32

Player Traits: Steven Motlop

Bio: Kayle is a speedy and classy forward. Really caught they eye kicking 9 goals in 2 games in the VFL.

Kayle is an incredible finisher and one of the best in the draft with his set shot and general play goalkicking being exceptional. He has great balance and speed to go with his power he is able to shake tackles with ease.

Kayle lacks conditioning and endurance he will need to trim down a lot to make an impact at AFL level. Has only played footy for 4 years so still a lot of upside. His agility is ok but should be better for a player his size.

Kayle in a few years should be a lock in a forward pocket of an AFL team he has some exciting tricks and deadly around goal he shouldn't last to the rookie draft.

Pick 72 - Port Adelaide - Mitchell Hinge
Height: 187 Weight: 79
DOB: 26/6/98

SANFL Games: 8

Player Traits: Dyson Heppel, Dane Rampe
Position: Defender, Wing

Bio: Mitch is a half-back with a great left foot who reads the play well. He has clean and quick hands showing in the All-Stars game he could even play midfield.

Mitch is well balanced and a ripper kick being effective with the short pass and the long kick. He just looks so good with ball in hand with a mixture of speed, agility and composure he will use the ball well by hand and foot.

He could win more of the footy and show more of a contested game but is still light and can improve in thus area. His reading of the play and clean hands make him an effective half-back option but needs to work on his defensive side as well.

Mitch has a lot going for him and he could become a midfielder in the Dyson Heppel mold but he is just a half-back at this stage but their are promising signs and should get drafted.

Pick 73 - North Melbourne - Brodie Romensky

Height: 190 Weight: 87
DOB: 6/7/98

AVG Disposals: 24.3

Player Traits: Heath Hocking
Position: Midfield, Defender

Bio: Brodie is a tough utility who played mostly midfield in the TAC. Was one of the better contested ball winners in the TAC and his tackling numbers were super impressive.

Brodie is a hard working, tough and versatile player. He has size, speed and agility and makes you take notice when he is around the footy. He is super competitive and hates being beaten if your watching Shai Bolton's highlights you will see Brodie chasing him making him rush the kick he just never gives up a contest.

Brodie doesn't have much impact with his possessions with his kicking and handballing being solid without being elite. He has been consistent in his attack on the ball, ball winning and tackling.

Brodie has a lot going for him but most clubs feel he is a late selection due to his lack of impact with the footy but with his size and competitiveness he should find his way onto a list and wouldn't hesitate picking him up after pick 30.

Pick 74 - Hawthorn - Oliver Hanrahan
Team: St Kevins
Height: 183 Weight: 74
DOB: 27/8/98

Young Guns Games: 1
Goals:

Player Traits: Isaac Heeney
Position: Forward,Midfield

Bio: Oliver is a classy and clean forward/midfielder. He has terrific touch and athleticism to go with his skill.

Oliver is smooth with ball in hand, a great decision maker and good user by hand and foot. He is very clean both at ground level and overhead, he is surprisingly good overhead for his size and a great judge of the ball in the air.

His initial burst of speed is good but trails over long distance, his endurance needs work but has been more focused on school cricket. He could also work a bit harder defensively.

Oliver has had limited exposure but the talent is there and he could be a steal late. Has the skill but could be a work in progress.

Pick 75 - Adelaide - Ben Jarman

Height: 175
Weight: 68
DOB: 5/5/98

Player Traits: Orazio Fantasia, Luke Dahlhaus

Bio: So i have Ben choosing Crows as his preferred club despite being behind Betts he can take the mantle when he retires but Ben has a lot he can offer up the ground as well.

Ben is a highly skillful son of a gun with incredible touch and clean hands. He is a great user by hand and foot and is blessed with great speed and agility to boot. Ben is still very small but he thinks he can still grow but at this stage he looks to be a small forward at AFL level.

Even if he is just a small forward he has a lot of great traits he can offer on a wing for stints. He is so creative and clean he could have an impact all over the ground much like Fantasia who was another small SA prospect. If he can turn out like Orazio then Crows have a very handy player coming trough.

He would fit in well at any club if a bid isn't matched but expect crows to jump at the chance to have this talented son of a gun on their list.

Pick 76 - Hawthorn - Luke Bunker
Team: Northern Knights
Height: 184 Weight: 80
DOB: 12/5/98

AVG Disposals: 27.6

Player Traits: Tom Mitchell, Andrew Swallow

Bio: Luke is a skillful inside midfielder who is a great decision maker and user of the ball by hand and foot. A ball magnet and leader on and off the field.

A stoppage specialist with one of the better contested games in the draft constantly getting first hands and dishing out. Outside game still needs improvement but got better in that area as the year went on.

He was fantastic in the championships being one of the better ball winners and users and was stiff to miss all-australian selection. He does all the hard work you need from an inside midfielder, he can win the footy effectively and lay tackles and put on pressure without the footy.

Luke's speed and spread still needs work but he has a lot to offer an AFL list. He may never be a star but would add great depth and can see him being a 100+ gamer.

ALL OTHER TEAMS PASS UNTIL HAWKS THIRD PICK

Pick 77 - Hawthorn - Josh Williams

Team: Hermit Park Tigers
Height: 189 Weight: 73
DOB: 12/6/98

NEAFLGames: 6
AVG Disposals: 16.7
Goals:

Player Traits: Jason Johanisen

Bio: Josh is a Gold Coast academy player with impressive speed and agility. He loves to run and carry from half back.

Josh loves to take the game on and will use his pace at every opportunity, he has great hands overhead with a nice height and with a lot of physical development to come the upside is huge.

Durability is an issue with Josh with his body and endurance still a fair way off AFL level he will take a few seasons to establish himself. Is also a more outside player and needs to win more of his own contests.

Josh has massive upside and could be a steal for the Suns late in the draft and if a bid isn't matched then a bargain for other clubs as well.

Other Players In The Mix

Alex Villis
Team: Norwood
Height: 182
Weight: 70
DOB: 20/8/98
Player Traits: Sam Colquhoun, Darcy Parish
Position: Midfield/Defender
Bio: Alex is a smooth moving midfielder/defender who is an elite kick on both sides and creative by hand. His draft range is hard to pick but this will be the latest he goes i think.
As a defender Alex has a long and accurate kick on both sides and makes good decisions. He is not a bad mark for his size but he is definitely much better suited at ground level sweeping up the loose ball. He is a confident player never looking flustered.
Alex has the speed to glide across the wing and be high meters gained player he will run his distance and kick 50 accurately. He doesn't need a lot of the ball to carve you up but he could still work at getting more contested footy and more footy in general.
Unfortunately due to a heart issue he may never be able to play AFL footy

Ari Sakeson
Height: 190 Weight: 83
DOB: 30/7/98
AVG Disposals: 16
Player Traits: Jake Long, Andrew Mackie
Bio: Ari is an agile defender who is a nice size and athletic enough to play on talls and smalls. He is very light but has beaten some of the best key forwards this year despite his size.
Ari moves really well he has a good sidestep and agility to just weave past opponents like its nothing(Jake Long). He is decent overhead and can win the ground ball easily. His speed is also good. He can intercept mark and is generally a good kick.
His disposal is good but tends to get flustered under pressure with the ball, once he does get the ball away its usually good but he can expect more pressure at AFL level. Also his size is awkward and has done a better job on talls rather than speedy smalls.
Ari is an interesting prospect he will take time but he could be a very valuable player down back. He is a late draft prospect but he does fit in the 3rd round and later range.

Tony Olango
Team: St Marys
Height: 197 Weight: 82
DOB: 2/9/98
NEAFL Games: 2
AVG Disposals: 5
Player Traits: Patrick Ryder
Position: Ruckman
Bio: Tony is athletic and talented player who plays ruck, he is only new to the game so has alot of development to go he is a very raw but exciting prospect.
Has a soccer background and has only played 20 games of footy but the small things he has shown has a lot of recruiters itching to see how he would flourish in an AFL system.
He is a professional and seems to have dedicated himself to footy and getting better, he still has a long way to go he doesn't get a lot of the footy due to lack of understanding so is still a a fair few years away from AFL footy but his speed, agility and clean hands are quality.
Seems a late draft/rookie prospect he has a long way to go but has too much talent not to get a spot on a list.

Matt Geulfi
Height: 183 Weight: 77
DOB: 14/8/97
WAFL Games: Colts: 10
Seniors: 5
AVG Disposals: C: 24.9 S: 11
Goals:
Player Traits: Ben Howlett, Anthony Miles
Bio: Matt is a contested midfielder with clean hands at the contest and good vision.
Matt is an effective inside midfielder who uses his body well in the middle to win first touch nd push of to receive. He is a good mark overhead and can be dangerous around goal, his kicking needs work it can be very inconsistent.
His speed is slightly above average and agility in games looks poor sometimes getting himself into trouble due to lack of movement. He seems to lack a standout quality which sees him as a late draft/rookie prospect.
Matt needs to do more to show he can influence the next level, he needs better numbers and consistency by foot. Being with the lack of upside i doubt he goes in the main draft but if he can fix a few issues he could get on an AFL list.

Liam Baker
Team: West Perth
Height: 173 Weight: 67
DOB: 27/1/98
WAFL Games: Colts: 7
Reserves: 5
AVG Disposals: C: 28 R: 16.4
Goals:
Player Traits: Caleb Daniel, Jarryd Blair
Position: Forward/Wing
Bio: Liam is a small high half forward who can push through the midfield and wing. He loves to run and carry and get involved, he has a good mix of inside and outside despite his size.
Liam has great endurance and ball wining ability. He can win it on the inside and outside using his quick and clean hands in congestion and it open play.
He is a great kick on both feet and an accurate shot at goal but he also gets a lot of goal assists and sets up many scoring chains with his clean ball work. He has a burst of speed which he uses to win the footy first or spread for the next contest he can get separation on the lead and is a clean mark.
Liam is small so will take a few years but he is quick, skillful and damaging with a good work ethic which should see him get drafted whether that's late in the draft or rookie.

Louis Pinnuck
Height: 185 Weight: 75
DOB: 24/9/98
TAC Games: 17
AVG Disposals: 16.2
Player Traits: Luke Brown. Brad Sheppard
Bio: Louis is a skillful defender who is one of the better kicks in the draft. Has battled with consistency this year.
Louis has great skills and when he is on he can be very damaging from the back half. He can also push up to a wing and kick a long goal. He has decent speed and he is accountable for his opponent.
He can struggle to influence games often going missing, he does have good courage but he could go harder at the loose ball. He has good leadership and character and understands the game well. The struggle is developing an elite trait.
Louis could turn out to be a decent defender at AFL level with his size, kicking and accountability but seems a likely rookie prospect. Deserves to be drafted and anywhere after pick 40 is fine.

Tyson Stengle

Team: Woodville-West Torrens
Height: 171 Weight: 69
DOB: 19/10/98
SANFL U18s : 9
SANFL RESERVES: 10
AVG Disposals: U18: 18.7 RES: 11.3
Player Traits: Eddie Betts, Jarman Impey
Bio: Tyson is an elusive and highly skilled small forward with great goal sense and awesome hands overhead for his size.
Tyson is a one touch forward he rarely fumbles and this goes for ground level and overhead. He is sharp by hand and foot and also an unselfish player. He attacks the ball at pace and can be hard to stop on the lead.
Tyson needs to improve his defensive pressure along with his endurance with endurance helping that side of his game anyway. His is very small and will probably be the 2nd shortest player in the AFL if selected.
Tyson has so much skill and talent that he should get a rookie spot and if not he could dominate the SANFL and with improved endurance surely wouldn't miss out again.

Oscar Junker
DOB: 23/1/98
Player Traits: Josh Gibson, Sam Gilbert
Position: Utility
Bio: Oscar is a tall utility able to play forward, back and midfield. A nice long kick of the footy and decent overhead.
Oscar has many things going for him, he has great leadership and game sense and is highly competitive, along with all that he is a nice size able to play in any position and its hard to pick which position is best. Has great hands overhead which is suitable at both ends.
Oscar has a great sidestep and is composed with footy in hand. A long and accurate left foot kick he likes to get onto his left foot on every opportunity. His speed and athleticism aren't that great and are the main points that hold back his draft position.
Im unsure on his draft position and what clubs could see him becoming at AFL level. Seems destined to go somewhere after pick 40 and would provide good value in the rookie draft.

Sam Fowler
Height: 169 Weight: 67
DOB: 2/11/98
AVG Disposals: 13.9
Goals:
Player Traits: Josh Green
Bio: Sam is a super fast small forward who is creative around goals and is a menace to the opposition.
Sam is small but super quick able to burn of opponents and run into open goal, he hits the front of packs with speed and can be hard to stop, he can quickly get a boot to ball and just has a knack of finding the goals. He is also tough and not afraid to get his own ball.
Sam is very small only just taller than Caleb Daniel, he will need to show more up the ground to be considered in the main draft. His disposal in general can be shaky often trying to dispose the ball at full pace and not steadying.
Sam has a lot of likeable traits and makes you take notice, size will see him go in the rookie draft at best.

Mason De Wit

DOB: 5/3/98
AVG Disposals: 13.4
Goals:
Player Traits: Sam Gilbert, Trent McKenzie
Bio: Mason is a tall rebounding defender with a booming left foot, he reads the ball well in the air and is a good mark.
Mason had a consistent year with Dandenong, he is loved by his coaches as a professional and courageous player with an ability to go forward if needed. He has a massive left foot kick which drives a lot of attack. His marking and positioning is also good.
His decision making can be poor at times, his speed is ok without being a strength and can go missing in games. played in the Vic Young Guns game without making much of an impact.
Mason caught a few recruiters eyes with his rebound kicking and marking to go with his height he is an interesting prospect who should find a home in the rookie draft.

Max Lynch

Height: 199 Weight: 99
DOB: 12/9/98
AVG Disposals: 11
Goals:
Player Traits: Tom Bellchambers
Bio: Max is a mobile ruckman who can impact around the ground and is decent up forward. Only played footy for 4 years so a lot of upside.
Max has great mobility for a ruckman, not quick by any means but has above average speed and agility for a ruckman with decent endurance. Marking was a weakness but has improved as the year went on and looks like he could be a threat up forward at AFL level.
Max is big but doesn't use his size to his advantage enough, needs to believe in his size and use it to assist his midfielders, he will take awhile like most ruckman to make AFL.
Max has a lot of things recruiters want in a ruckman but he also has a lot to work on and is very much a long term project but one worth taking a punt on in the rookie draft.

Lachlan Tiziani
Height: 189 Weight: 79
DOB: 13/3/97
AVG Disposals: 15.6
Goals: 40
Player Traits:
Bio: Lachlan is a medium size forward with a great leap and goal sense. Played more midfield early in the year to prove to recruiters he could win more of the footy but was put back forward where he shines most.
He has incredible goal sense able to kick goals from anywhere on the ground. He is a great mark on the lead and contested. With clean hands and a great leap he can do it all as a forward. A nice size and a hard match up for defenders.
In general play he needs to improve his contested ball winning and the main reason he wasn't drafted last year was his lack of ball winning which was better this year but still needs work. His kicking is good after a mark but can be iffy on the run.
One of the most dominant forward in the draft he could provide handy depth for a team wanting a forward who can play tall and small. Could go in the main draft but looks more likely as a rookie.

Reece Piper

Height: 177 Weight: 75
DOB: 30/12/98
Goals:
Player Traits: Neville Jetta
Bio: Reece is a small nuggety defender with great speed and courage. He has a long and penetrating kick and is the youngest player available in the draft.
Reece loves to run and carry and use his long right foot to rebound from defense. He is tough as nails doing some great jobs on the gun small forwards in the TAC. Upside is huge only just missing out on being available for next years draft, could still grow a bit and could have played more midfield to develop that side of his game if not for Dandenongs strong midfield.
Reece's short kicking is a concern and something he will need to work on, long kicking is usually fine and is the go-to option for kick ins. Endurance and work rate is also something to work on but age and lack of midfield opportunity excuse him of this a bit.
A rookie option, the upside and potential to be a gun small defender at AFL level should see him get drafted.

Ben Ronke

Team: Calder Cannons
Height: 181 Weight: 76
DOB: 8/12/97
AVG Disposals: 20.5
Goals:
Player Traits: Jade Gresham, Travis Colyer
Position: Midfielder, Forward
Bio: Ben is a super quick and agile midfielder who can hit the scoreboard and uses his skills to break the lines. A fantastic 2nd half of the year has him firmly in top 40 calculations.
His speed and spread from a clearance is one of the best in the draft, when he gets the footy he is hard to catch and he can run all day being able to be involved consistently. Kicking has improved as the year has gone on due to giving himself more time to dispose from his speed and agility.
Kicking is still an issue regardless especially under pressure, he has a good inside game without being a standout there. He has a good mix of both inside and outside but will need to show more attack on the footy at AFL level with his size. Could slot on a wing in the long term.
Ben has exciting attributes despite his kicking and would be a surprise to miss the draft and is certain to be taken in the rookie draft with Essendon nominating him for their multicultural zone.

Sean Darcy
Height: 200 Weight: 109
DOB: 12/6/98
AVG Disposals: 9
Goals:
Player Traits: Shane Mumford
Bio: Sean is a big bodied ruckman with great tap work and physicality at the contest. Endurance is terrible but can be improved.
He is a tap work specialist using his body and hands well and works well with the midfielders. He doesn't get a lot of the ball but he uses it well. Is inconsistent in marking contests but there are good signs there.
His endurance is very poor and doesn't work hard after ruck contests, in the modern game he needs to improve his conditioning to even be a chance. He often starts games well but cant keep up later in games to to his poor endurance.
Sean is smart and a skillful ruckman and if he can improve his endurance he could be a star ruckman at AFL level. Rookie draft prospect.

Zach Guthrie
Team: Calder Cannons
Height: 185 Weight: 73
DOB: 30/6/98
AVG Disposals: 16.5
Goals:
Player Traits: Rory Laird
Bio: Zach is a defender capable of playing on talls and smalls, He has decent speed and is a good user of the footy.
Zach has great clean hands and touch, he is sharp with his handballs being both quick and accurate and is also a neat kick of the footy. He also has composure he is able to some up the situation under pressure.
Zach is still very light and will take a few years to be ready for AFL level. He can be easily pushed of the footy. Zach has alot of potential and still room to grow a few centimeters.
Zach had a consistent year down back and he could become a midfielder with his composure and clean hands but still needs work on his size. Late to rookie chance.

Danny Allsop
Height: 175 Weight: 66
DOB: 23/3/98
TAC Games: 19
AVG Disposals: 13.8
Goals: 29
Player Traits: Charlie Cameron
Bio: Danny is a classy small forward with pace to burn and impressive agility. He is competitive despite his size and always wants to be involved.
Danny is cool and calm in traffic able to win the footy at pace on touch and then weave through his opponents like butter. His speed is also good able to burn of opponents running into open goal. He is also good overhead despite his size.
Danny is still very light he is easily bumped of the ball and may need to improve his contested side. He is a keen tackler but can be shaken of easily as well, more strength will help.
Danny has class and speed to burn with a lot of upside. He had a consistent year and has the right attitude so hopefully gets a chance in the rookie draft.

Noah Hura

Team: Peel Thunder
Height: 186 Weight: 73
DOB: 31/1/98
WAFL Games: Colts 6
Reserves 6
AVG Disposals: C: 21 R: 15
Goals:
Player Traits:
Position: Defender,Wing
Bio: Noah is a speedy rebounding defender who can weave through traffic and loves to take the game on.
Noah has great speed and balance he loves to use these to his advantage whenever he gets the ball. He will always look to have a run and create play. He is tough and shows great courage in the air.
Noah's kicking can be hit and miss and his decisions making also can be the same. Consistency is an issue for Noah his best and worst come out a lot he will need to iron out the occasional bad kick and brain fade.
Noah has many great attributes which will have clubs keen but his skills do let him down and a club that picks him would have confidence to get that right. A rookie chance.

Cameron Zurharr

Team: East Fremantle
Height: 187 Weight: 89
DOB: 22/5/98
WAFL Games: 10
AVG Disposals: 16.8
Goals:
Player Traits: Charlie Curnow
Bio: Cameron is a solid forward with a great leap and mark and is aggressive at the ball and a hard tackler.
Cameron is a bull at the ball often giving a down argue or just running through players. He is very strong and uses it to his advantage. Being able to leap as he does and win contests ina wrestle makes him a hard match-up forward.
His skills aren't the best, his kicking is inconsistent and could be sharper by hand. He could be more composed with ball in hand. Endurance is also something he will need to improve.
Players with Cameron's size, leap and competitiveness don't grow on trees so expect him to go late in the draft or rookie at worst.

Kym LeBois
Height: 173 Weight: 68
DOB: 22/5/98
SANFL Games : 14
AVG Disposals: 15.7
Player Traits: Paul Puopolo
Bio: Kym is a small forward with elite speed and goal sense. He can burn of opponents with ease and turn them inside out.
Kym is incredibly quick, when he gets going he is hard to stop he can run 50m with the ball and make it look easy under pressure. He can kick goals from anywhere on the ground he had great technique around goals.
Kym can rush his disposal often blazing away and not composing himself, he also lacks any contested ability but for a quick small forward it isn't a huge issue but may suffer from lack of versatility. Size is also an issue.
Kym's speed and goal sense will see him get drafted with the rookie draft looking the more likely option.

Judah Dundon

Height: 185 Weight: 77
DOB: 19/4/98
AVG Disposals: 19.1
Player Traits: Andrew Gaff, Lachie Hunter
Position: Wing
Bio: Judah is an elusive wingman with a sharp left foot kick and decent finisher around goal. Injuries hurt his year.
Judah is a smart player with good awareness and he loves getting on his left foot which is a weapon. His marking is also good and is a one touch player. He can play Half-back which is where he will most likely start at in AFL.
Judah has had many injury worries and he is also light so will take time to play senior footy. Judah lacks in contested footy and is purely outside at this stage. Decision making and sense of urgency can be iffy.
Judah is that in vogue long kicking left footer with smarts and clean hands. Could become a solid AFL player if he gets over his injuries. Late chance but most likely rookie.

Louis Cunningham
Team: Oakleigh Chargers
Height: 182 Weight: 76
DOB: 24/2/98
Goals:
Player Traits: Taylor Duryea
Bio: Louis is a quick and skillful defender he is competitive and a great kick of the footy.
His kicking is his best attribute, its low and penetrating and he loves to take the game on with his kicking. He is also tough as nails often going back with he flight and tackling hard.
He can sometimes focus to much on attack and not defend as well as he should, his smarts and decision making with ball in hand is good but he can be predictable in his movements.
Louis has a nice attacking flair to go with his skill by foot. Could easily slot into a back pocket next year and play AFL footy. Looks a late prospect

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Back