Dons players could launch legal action to end investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh really?

Let me lay it out for you:

Players being injected with thymosin is not even a point of contention.

We have consent forms listing injections of thymosin that are signed by the players, we have texts between Dank and Hird talking about injecting players with thymosin and we have most important of all, player admissions that they were injected with thymosin.

The point of contention is whether it was the good thymosin or the bad thymosin.
Now lets way up the corroborating evidence supporting each of the kind of thymosin being used.

Bad Thymosin.

1) Orders, invoices and delivery to the club (meaning a chain of supply making its way to the club)

Good Thymosin

1) No evidence that this kind was ever ordered, paid for and delivered to club premises.

Now, you being such a 'educated lawyer', please tell us which version of events would pass the 'balance of probabilities' threshold?

Pity that doesn't actually exist outside of your imagination. The only Thymosin invoice paid for by the club refers to "Thymosin peptide", not TB4.

The scary thing is that people believe an argument like Good Thymosin and Bad Thymosin is a valid argument in court to begin with

The scary thing is that people believe an argument like Good Thymosin and Bad Thymosin is a valid argument in court to begin with

Well the 'Good Thymosin, Bad Thymosin' argument is that Dank confirmed with at least one player that he was administering the legal kind of thymosin. I think a court might be interested in that.

Well the 'Good Thymosin, Bad Thymosin' argument is that Dank confirmed with at least one player that he was administering the legal kind of thymosin. I think a court might be interested in that.
Dank also in an interview stated on several occasions he was using the "bad" Thymosin. I think ASADA might be very interested in that.

A court would be interested in this too as was ASADA.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-science-of-stephen-dank-20130823-2shhd.html

Maybe it was the good thymosin in Danks eyes only for different reasons. You know the kind..."the good stuff"..lol.
I had thought that as well, Watson was left with the impression, however, that he was given the legal kind.

ESSENDON captain Jobe Watson told the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority he was injected with a legal form of thymosin by sports scientist Stephen Dank and not a banned peptide of the same name. Watson, the only Essendon player to publicly admit to receiving injections of the contentious peptide AOD9604, told ASADA investigators that Dank explained to him there was "good" thymosin and "bad" thymosin. He said that Dank injected him with "good" thymosin, which he had understood to be Thymomodulin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity that doesn't actually exist outside of your imagination. The only Thymosin invoice paid for by the club refers to "Thymosin peptide", not TB4.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-in-doctor-shopping-to-beat-ban-20130722-2qf3x.html

"Mr Alavi was supplying peptides Thymosin Beta 4 and Hexarelin, both banned by WADA because of their performance-enhancing effects, to former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank. Essendon Football Club invoices suggest both substances were supplied to the club. Mr Dank has strenuously denied giving players anything illegal or harmful."

Wanna try that again?

Regardless of the findings, penalties or otherwise, the players caught up in this investigation would love this concluded.

I think you can see essendon is not the team it should be, which probably reflects the distraction. I really hope the decision is, move on nothing to see but feel that is very unlikely. Instead I fear, 4 players will be given time off and those 29 or above may not return to the field.

If that is the case, the can of worms then opens for management, the club, the coaches etc etc. Law suit galore!

Let's see what happens and I feel we will have to wait until June for the decision.

Regardless of the findings, penalties or otherwise, the players caught up in this investigation would love this concluded.

I think you can see essendon is not the team it should be, which probably reflects the distraction. I really hope the decision is, move on nothing to see but feel that is very unlikely. Instead I fear, 4 players will be given time off and those 29 or above may not return to the field.

If that is the case, the can of worms then opens for management, the club, the coaches etc etc. Law suit galore!

Let's see what happens and I feel we will have to wait until June for the decision.
june 2014, 2015....

Remove this Banner Ad

Dons players could launch legal action to end investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back