Douglas, Perrie IN

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know how shocking he is coming back from injury. I'm surprised he's in the 23 to be honest. Thought they would've given him a run in the SANFL.

If they wanted a tall, I thought they would've gone for Gill.

5AA just said that the Crows will take a 23-man squad to Melbourne for tomorrow night. Craig is still undecided on which one will play.

4:46 PM Thu 12 July, 2007 | Back

for afc.com.au

Youngster Richard Douglas returns to the Crows side for the clash with St Kilda at Telstra Dome on Friday night.
Douglas, who played the first eight games for Adelaide this season, returns to the Crows side on the back of several strong performances in the SANFL including a seven goal haul two weeks ago.
Douglas replaces the injured Jason Porplyzia (hamstring).
Martin Mattner will travel with the side to Melbourne as an emergency.
The match starts at 7.10pm (Adelaide time).

The team is:

Backs: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten , Kris Massie
Half Backs: Andrew McLeod , Scott Stevens, Jason Torney
Centreline: Nathan van Berlo, Robert Shirley, Simon Goodwin
Half Forwards: Scott Welsh, Nathan Bock, Brent Reilly
Forwards: Chris Knights, Ken McGregor, Mark Ricciuto
Followers: Ben Hudson, Tyson Edwards, Scott Thompson
Interchange: Michael Doughty, Ivan Maric, Brett Burton, Richard Douglas
Emergencies: Ian Perrie, Luke Jericho, Martin Mattner
In: Richard Douglas
Out: Jason Porplyzia (hamstring)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mattner one gone to Melbourne instead of Perrie!

I guess the thinking is to win the midfield and not allow St. Kilda to trouble our defenders much by pumping it in there! We are backing in our midfielders it seems and why wouldn't we after the game they played against Hawks

Mattner gets dropped on poor form when his team has a bye, and then he travels to melbourne as the emergency.

will he get back in time to play for Sturt? If not makes it hard for him to regain some touch.

Sounds like Massie will get the job on Reiwoldt. Should be interesting.

I reckon the Crows are banking on Koschitzke playing back. Blake is their main tall defender, the Crows want to stretch them in this department with both Kenny and Bock up forward.

Stevens will take Riewoldt, Rutten will take Gehrig. If they start Riewoldt, Koschitzke and Gehrig up forward then either McGregor or Bock will go with Koschitzke.

If Lyon starts all three up forward, and they get off to a flier, we need to be careful. Will be interesting to watch.

And well done to Dougie! Well deserved.

Mattner gets dropped on poor form when his team has a bye, and then he travels to melbourne as the emergency.

will he get back in time to play for Sturt? If not makes it hard for him to regain some touch.

As the token Marty defender round here - I know it's accepted knowledge, but do we know that he was really dropped for poor form?

He might have been ordinary against West Coast, but he was very good against the Kangaroos the week before, wasn't our worst against Geelong, and was terrific against Carlton.

The fact that Perrie's not travelling suggests Bock and McGregor aren't as sore as they had been, and that's a good thing. Mattner's probably got more ability to cover players in the 22 without restructuring the planned set up than either Jericho or Perrie.

Mattner is an interesting one. He was BOG against Carlton not long ago. I think they just can't find a spot for him at the moment - Knights has taken over him as the left-foot wingman, so they put him as a running defender, but Johncock is now back in that role.

Pretty good move. Perrie will certainly need some SANFL footy.

Douglas deserves his chance :), Mattner will get back in time for Sturts game.

ST KILDA
B: Jason Blake, Matt Maguire, Steven Baker
HB: Jason Gram, Sam Fisher, Leigh Fisher
C: Aaron Fiora, Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna
HF: Robert Harvey, Nick Riewoldt, Xavier Clarke
F: Stephen Milne, Fraser Gehrig, Sam Gilbert
FOLL: Justin Koschitzke, Nick Dal Santo, Luke Ball
I/C: Jayden Attard, Shane Birss, Michael Rix, Andrew Thompson, Raphael Clarke, Sam Gilbert, Michael Rix
EMG: Raphael Clarke, Matt Ferguson , Fergus Watts

In:Birss, Thompson
Out:R Clarke, Voss

I forgot that St Kilda were playing Koschitzke in the ruck now. I reckon he will start forward though to stretch our defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Douglas, Perrie IN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back