Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

One of commentators explained why it was a free kick to the other. Think the other commentator did not know it was direct hit to head.
Was totally fine but it still a free kick then or now.

Thanks for the added explanation. I should have paid more attention.

thylacine60 back in his early middle age days back in the 80s along with GOAT Sticks

7gytt9.jpg
[/URL]

I’m drowning in memories of Carlton’s past. I kept Football Records (I didn’t realise I was a hoarder) and I’ve been sorting through them as I don’t have space to store them in the future. They start from 1977 finals records (I know we didn’t make the finals in 1977) and continue through to the early 2000s. There are plenty of home and away Records, Final and Grand Final Records (I hope the grammar passes muster).

As examples today I found Football Records from 1993 and 1995.

The Round 16 clash with Fitzroy at Princes Park when Alistair Lynch kicked 7. Pretty good? Not good enough though. SOS kicked 10.6 and we won the game by 86 points (those were the days). Another from 1993. The Round 2 draw with * at the ‘G. You know the one. Sticks could have won the game after the siren and missed the lot. A 1995 Round 3 Football Record when Sticks had a better day against the Bulldogs and kicked 10-7. Yes, 17 shots that scored. There must have been a couple of misses as well given his helicopter punt style of kicking for goal. I was one of those nerds who marked the goals and behinds, the scores from other games etc. I loved footy that much.

This is a Hail Mary. They will go into a skip in the near future. I’m happy to send them to a new home with my best wishes and no other requirement. I’m in Sunbury, Vic (not for long) so a pick up or meet up can be arranged. If anyone is interested send me a personal message and I’ll get back to you.

If no one is interested that’s fine and rest assured we use to be the hottest team in the competition. I have the evidence.

led to believe someone called guessen and asked dwayno to look at the number of wins for gc in the past 5 season against fitzroy in their last 5 of existence - I think it was something like f27 v gc29 - and the lions were deadmen walking whilst gc has had how many million poured in with endless compromised draft picks?

Last edited:
I'm led to believe someone called gueSEN and asked dwayno to find out the number of wins for gc in the past 5 season against fitzroy in their last 5 of existence - I think it was something like f27 v gc29.............

Gold Coast have won 69 games in 11 full years. Fitzroy won 77 games in their final 11 years.

In conclusion, make the finals you irrelevant twats.

Gold Coast have won 69 games in 11 full years. Fitzroy won 77 games in their final 11 years.

In conclusion, make the finals you irrelevant twats.
problem being the coffers are open until they do............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of Ainsworth, Lukosius, Ballard, Jeffreys, Farrar, Anderson

I do love Holman's toughness
I do too, but you cannot carry a mid that averages less than 15 disposals a game or a forward that averages half a goal a game, regardless of how many tackles he lays. And he only lays 3.4 tackles a game, too.

I 'spose I just never saw it with Holman. He's like Clem Smith; the fact that he tackled with intent was enough to have people salivating, regardless of whatever else he did or couldn't do.

Clem Smith

I'd take Levi back if only to have him retire as a Carlton player, which is - but for the state of the world - what should've happened.

So basically you would have wanted him to retire 2 years ago? :p

Not sure if any of you watched The Front Bar last night but Alex Marcou was on it and retold his famous story of the trip to the lodge in 1981 and him going with a girl known as 'Fabulous.'

Not sure if any of you watched The Front Bar last night but Alex Marcou was on it and retold his famous story of the trip to the lodge in 1981 and him going with a girl known as 'Fabulous.'

It’s in our media thread.

Fabulous!

Enjoy 😂😂😂

I was looking at the Football Records today and found this great article on Syd Jackson.
View attachment 1672641
View attachment 1672644
View attachment 1672645
View attachment 1672648

That is a ripper, Robbo.

I was lucky enough to spend a few days in Kukerin about 12 years ago with a lot of past players including Jackson, we were all domiciled in the Kukerin pub so spent breakfast lunch and dinner together. Jackson is an absolute gentleman.

Walls description of Jackson as a ladies man is accurate as well, one of the things I noticed is how incredibly smooth he was. He had the ladies of Kukerin laughing and enjoying his company the whole weekend.

Mrs Robbo has the lurgy at the moment and I’m sleeping on the couch. This allows me to catch up on some reading. This article is from Round 8 1997. Carlton played Hawthorn and won the game by 25 points. I notice Sticks kicked 1.5.👀

IMG_4711.jpeg
IMG_4712.jpeg
IMG_4713.jpeg

Last edited:
Still sorting through stuff. I found a dusty suitcase that belonged to my mum who was affectionately referred to as Mrs G and found this within.
IMG_4717.jpeg
Published in 1958 with a forward by Robert Menzies.

This was inside the book.
IMG_4719.jpeg
This is a program from a 1965 Intraclub match.
IMG_4720.jpeg
IMG_4721.jpeg
IMG_4722.jpeg

Looking through stuff and came across this clipping. I remember this game very well. We travelled over for the game. It was Round 2 1991 and Adelaide had belted the Hawks, who were the reigning premiers, the previous week. We were expected to be an easy kill but it didn’t work out that way.

I remember walking through the car park pre-game and copping unkind remarks from the Crows supporters. Once inside the ground they hid us in the Stand behind the goals. There was maybe a few hundred Carlton supporters. We were vocal throughout the game. After the siren we sang ‘We are the Navy Blues’ with gusto. It was one of the best days I’ve ever spent at the footy.

IMG_4732.jpeg

Older supporters would recognise these blokes as Sticks and Dooza.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back