Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

I have that as my avatar as I’m in the crowd shot - watching it live from about 15 metres away was absolutely breathtaking- it was like he floated up there.

Is that your head next to Sellers'?

The Dominator 6 v the prison bar mob from over the border.

Great find ff78.👍👍

The first name Louie calls is a bloke called Ivan Eckermann.

His claim to fame is he’s the only player to knock out Leigh Matthews, happened in the State game at Footy Park.

To quote Lethal, “The ball was kicked towards our half forward flank and I can remember doing the logical thing and going after it from the forward pocket,” Matthews recalled. “My next memory was being steered around the boundary line by a couple of trainers ....... For the only time in my career, I had ‘lost’ a few minutes.”

Big thumbs up for Ivan I say.👍👍

Last edited:
Great find ff78.👍👍

The first name Louie calls is a bloke called Ivan Eckermann.

His claim to fame is he’s the only player to knock out Leigh Matthews, happened in the State game at Footy Park.

To quote Lethal, “The ball was kicked towards our half forward flank and I can remember doing the logical thing and going after it from the forward pocket,” Matthews recalled. “My next memory was being steered around the boundary line by a couple of trainers ....... For the only time in my career, I had ‘lost’ a few minutes.”

Big thumbs up for Ivan I say.👍👍

ha ha. Yeah, I remembered the name Eckermann too, for different reasons. My cousin in Adelaide was a big Port Adelaide fan at the time and when I was over there for a few weeks in school holidays he was trying to teach me the names of his Port Adelaide players at the time. His brother barracked for Norwood and took me to a Norwood v Central Districts match whilst I was there too which was only a 10 or 15 minute walk from their house.

Last edited:
ha ha

ha ha. Yeah, I remembered the name Eckermann too, for different reasons. My cousin in Adelaide was a big Port Adleaide fan at the time and when I was over there for a few weeks in school holidays he was trying to teach me the names of his Port Adelaide players at the time. His brother barracked for Norwood and took me to a Norwood v Central Districts match whilst I was there too which was only a 10 or 15 minute walk from their house.

Port Adelaide had a Ben Eckermann on its list in the mid noughties.

Maybe Ivan's son?

Anyone remember the year Paul ‘Molly’ Meldrum, simply walked into a training session and asked for a go. I loved Molly. Just saying.

I‘m mates with Tommy Alvin and Brian ‘Choco’ Royal. (His brother Wayne was actually Choco at the redlegs). Anyway, Bulldogs had the zone but loved Royally didn’t want Tommy, he was Meat and potatoes back then, Royally got leather poisoning every week - any other stories around of players who went on to play for different clubs because their zone team didn’t rate them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a photo of Bruce Doull with Mick Fleetwood both in Carlton Avco jumpers yesterday. Bought a smile to my face. A bit topical with the death of Christine McVie overnight. Can anyone access?

show_image.php

Saw a photo of Bruce Doull with Mick Fleetwood both in Carlton Avco jumpers yesterday. Bought a smile to my face. A bit topical with the death of Christine McVie overnight. Can anyone access?
she wrote a lot of the soundtrack to my youth, living as I was with four teenage sisters through the seventies............

Later to be premiership teammates.

Football has come a long way, wow. “Perfect hip and shoulder”, “fair bump, that’s what it seemed to me”, “Why would it be a free kick?”. That’s getting multiple weeks these days.

Football has come a long way, wow. “Perfect hip and shoulder”, “fair bump, that’s what it seemed to me”, “Why would it be a free kick?”.
One of commentators explained why it was a free kick to the other. Think the other commentator did not know it was direct hit to head.
Was totally fine but it still a free kick then or now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back