Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

No point continuing the discussion with an obvious club apologist. Lets agree to disagree - stay safe and take care.

There's absolutely no need for apologising here. Regardless of your kneejerk response, the weight of opinion is against you on this. Sonja has played this clown Lerner off a break and supporters here and on social media have been complimentary. You're just pissy because, well, you are notoriously predisposed to extreme pessimism on the one hand, but also because Sonja and the club carried out an entirely successful PR maneuver and you didn't get a chance to second guess.

I can understand the appeal to push the name "The Kangaroos" to children. As a kid, I lived in Mill Park, loved the colour blue, I hated cats and loved Kangaroos.
I naturally aligned to the "Kangaroos" because as a child of migrants with no football affiliation, i chose them as my team. I then saw the krakeour brothers in action and the rest is history.
At the time, I didn't realise North Melbourne was a suburb but actually thought it covered the region "North of Melbourne" 😜

So the doc he quoted that changes the way the club refers to our branding is true? There was no denial of that from what I can see.
I’m with you on this. If the doc didn’t exist she would have said so, called him out on it. I can’t believe how many people are burying their heads in the sand about the fact the club is being completely ****ed over from top to bottom.

I’m with you on this. If the doc didn’t exist she would have said so, called him out on it. I can’t believe how many people are burying their heads in the sand about the fact the club is being completely ducked over from top to bottom.

Come on Mav, you're better than that. Read the article again. There is nothing in the document to be concerned about.

I can understand the appeal to push the name "The Kangaroos" to children. As a kid, I lived in Mill Park, loved the colour blue, I hated cats and loved Kangaroos.
I naturally aligned to the "Kangaroos" because as a child of migrants with no football affiliation, i chose them as my team. I then saw the krakeour brothers in action and the rest is history.
At the time, I didn't realise North Melbourne was a suburb but actually thought it covered the region "North of Melbourne" 😜

It's just not that hard to understand is it? We are North Melbourne but we have the kangaroo as our mascot and we use that for the appropriate target audience. Simple.

I can't emphasize this enough. Never say the bolded on the internet!

I’m with you on this. If the doc didn’t exist she would have said so, called him out on it. I can’t believe how many people are burying their heads in the sand about the fact the club is being completely ducked over from top to bottom.
The doc exists, but the article's assertion that the club are actively distancing themselves from their heritage is just rubbish. Basic comprehension shows this is a beat up:
SmartSelect_20220609-204256_Chrome.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The doc exists, but the article's assertion that the club are actively distancing themselves from their heritage is just rubbish. Basic comprehension shows this is a beat up:
View attachment 1420368
I think it's a bit of a beat up, but would prefer if our 'preferred short name' was 'North', and 'Kangaroos' was confined to nickname and mascot only.

I think it's a bit of a beat up, but would prefer if our 'preferred short name' was 'North', and 'Kangaroos' was confined to nickname and mascot only.
I should also add, I think 'fighting spirit' is the logical way of describing the shinboner spirit for unfamiliar and new audiences, but would've preferred if that description came with a direction to educate where possible.

Oh no! We are marketing kangaroo mascots to children! We are supposedly (to one bloke) becoming the Kangaroos again! Oh no!

f07203eb299b1e0b0e9845acb3e8ae9a.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I get that. But I'm old. I can only assume their research is saying kids love the kangaroo.
Yeah probably right there. Attempts to broaden appeal are what led to us watering down the North Melbourne aspect many years ago, and paved the way for relocation attempts, so personally think any such action should come with a doubling down for clarity on who we actually are.

I hope our media team are educated on this and their product reflects that. Which may have actually been the case in this internal document, there are a lot of ellipses in the article on it and who knows what was contained in between.

It's a beat up, the Prez's words are strong, but I'm not going to berate North faithful for being vigilant.

Ok we have had a couple emails from our chair women ok.
Will interesting to see what she’s got to say on Footy Classified on Monday night as she will no choice to be on it especially if we get thrashed by GWS and as expected we get a crowd between 3k and 8k which could put this club into a position of no return and could finish this club .
Her time is now to front the media not Rawlings or Amarfio if she loves this club it’s time to show it no more Hidding.
Trust me the AFL will be watching this game very closely and could practically take over the license of the club from next week if seem fit and they will do 1 of 2 things .
1:Re build the club in all areas or
2:Finish the club at the end of the year.
As you don’t have to be blind Fred to see things are not right on and off the field .
This time it’s the real deal and so called pig headed dumb fair whether supporters of this club can’t see or don’t see what’s going then YOU yes YOU we go down with incompetent administrators and board of the NMFC as the ones responsible for the death of the NMFC.
We need the supporters to turn up to the games no junior football a 3:20pm game so if you love this club you will turn no matter what the conditions are.

View attachment 1420368
WTF? Basic compression, read it again and try and comprehend with out your head in the sand: “to make this a reality”
That single line is evidence they are distancing themselves from our heritage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Dr Sonja Hood AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back