Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Remove this Banner Ad

They have to publicise the pushback to make it seem like North are getting treated really well.

If they leaked the assistance package and everyone said "sounds fair" then it wouldn't seem like enough.

They need to follow the leak up with "anonymous sources from anonymous teams can't believe how generous the mighty AFL is being to North Melbourne! It's too much!"
Alas harmonious consensus ain't selling tabloid subscriptions.

Will gladly give up Sanders if we get allocated Daicos and Ugle-Hagan. Uncompromised draft and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And Poort's picks for the next 2 years for tapping up The Squib. Added to Hawthorn's picks for Clarko's absence, of course.

Integrity of the competition would involve a lot more than that, but every journey begins with one cliché.....

Substitute North for GWS, GC (or Sydney if they missed the finals for a whole 2 consecutive seasons) then this assistance package wouldn’t be talked about. We’re as shit as anyone can be, too shit to even tank ffs so **** it, try and get everything we can and to hell with other clubs and the competition. It’s a joke anyway, just one level above WWE with all compromises, deals etc.

We’ll dig ourselves out of this mess eventually, even without assisting. If we arent given significant assistance packages then this “feature” needs to be binned for eternity.

Also this talk about Buckets being a pick 3 compensation being linked to our assistance package is a joke. If buckets is paid in the bracket that nets first round compo then that is what it is.

Irritates me when I hear pundits saying otherwise.
Agreed. Should be completely seperate. If we were 4th on the ladder & had played finals the last couple of seasons yet we still deserved the pick directly after our first then we should get it.
They’re two completely seperate things.

With all the bullshit/miscommunication in the media, the general public will start to believe we’ve been handed the Port pick for free, whatever free agency compensation pick we get for *uckets is also a handout we don’t deserve, that Wardlaw & Sheezel last year were priority picks & whatever other bullshit is said between now & draft night.

These other clubs should shit their ducking mouths ! Upset the integrity of the draft they say??? We have been denied access to the number 1 pick more than a few times after finishing stone cold last because of father sons and academy selections. That doesn’t compromise the integrity? And what the **** does us having lots of other top 10 picks already on our list have to do with any arguments against more assistance ?
They can all get stuffed as far in I’m concerned !!

Haha. Yeah l know…Gold Coast have how many in this draft….there goes that argument.
As far as lm concerned any club that’s had assistance can &&$ off …glass houses.
The young fellow is also in our pre determined AFL zone / academy…..so again *&$ off as it’s a stupid flawed sooking argument from all of them.
We take what we are owed and then some …..and l don’t care if they don’t like it….
keep crying your salty tears and I’ll wave my scarf all the way to celebrate everything we get given…..

Jay Clark is cooked with his articles on us.

Substitute North for GWS, GC (or Sydney if they missed the finals for a whole 2 consecutive seasons) then this assistance package wouldn’t be talked about. We’re as s**t as anyone can be, too s**t to even tank ffs so * it, try and get everything we can and to hell with other clubs and the competition. It’s a joke anyway, just one level above WWE with all compromises, deals etc.
They are already viewed differently.

I went and had a look on the main board thread and there is a moderator in their claiming that Priority picks were phased out a decade ago.

Gold Coast got PPs in 2019, 2020, 2021.

Now my math may not be so good but that is not a decade.

Look guys, think of the bigger picture.

The game needs to be seen as clean and fair if we're to lure the likes of Nick Blakey away from rugby league.

What does “Integrity of the competition” mean?

Asking for a friend.
It means picks for me, but not for thee.
It means Friday nights for some but not for others.
It means gift fixtures, but travel for the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mewling and sooking and whinging tells me it's as good as done, if not already signed off. No way these cretins start leaking to the Herald Sun if it's not already extremely well progressed.
Hypocrisy aside for the briefest of moments for most of these whinging clubs, but where the hell was all this public whinging when GC got their multi year assistance and preselection package just a few years ago?

Ultimately, they know we can rebound a lot quicker than the plastic franchises.

Put your name against your comment you cowards. Guarantee they’re involved at a club that has benefited from PP’s, guran-*ing-tee it.
Sydney has the been most vocal as they want Sanders. I really hope someone at that cretinous organisation becomes aware of the sheer irony and hypocrisy of their whinging about a compromised draft.

They are already viewed differently.

I went and had a look on the main board thread and there is a moderator in their claiming that Priority picks were phased out a decade ago.

Gold Coast got PPs in 2019, 2020, 2021.

Now my math may not be so good but that is not a decade.
Lions received a priority pick in 2016 as well - end of first round. They ended up trading this with Pearce Hanley for Gold Coast's future first which was used to trade for Charlie Cameron.

I think us, * Geelong are the only other vic teams to no receive a PP.

If you are a Carlton, St. Kilda, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Bulldog, Richmond, Melbourne, West Coast, Brisbane and GC supporter and you’re in uproar over this. You can go and get ****ed - hypocritical bitches.

I think us, * Geelong are the only other vic teams to no receive a PP.

If you are a Carlton, St. Kilda, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Bulldog, Richmond, Melbourne, West Coast, Brisbane and GC supporter and you’re in uproar over this. You can go and get ****ed - hypocritical bitches.
I don't even want to hear from them. They play the high drawing games at the G and the lower one's at Pork Barrel Stadium. $$$$$.

Don't forget their "salary cap"....

Geelong can join the queue to get ****ed.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The mewling and sooking and whinging tells me it's as good as done, if not already signed off. No way these cretins start leaking to the Herald Sun if it's not already extremely well progressed.

I'm confused m8.

Jason wanted to go to Port, so we had to let him go for his health and happiness.

Ryley wants to come to us, what's the big deal?

I'm confused m8.

Jason wanted to go to Port, so we had to let him go for his health and happiness.

Ryley wants to come to us, what's the big deal?

It's like the Lionel Hutz meme about 👍The Truth👍 and 😡The Truth😡

👍JHF wants to go to a club that has been a part of his upbringing👍
😡Sanders wants to go to a club that has been a part of his upbringing😡

It's like the Lionel Hutz meme about The Truth and The Truth

JHF wants to go to a club that has been a part of his upbringing
Sanders wants to go to a club that has been a part of his upbringing
North has too much young talent

Sheezel is a stat-padder who doesn't impact games.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

North has too much young talent

Sheezel is a stat-padder who doesn't impact games.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
The most talented team ever to perform as statistically close to possible as the worst team in the history of the sport for several years running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back