Draft Camp Invitees and State Screenings

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to hear BFTW and megdalons opinions on some of the wa boys attending state screening. I missed well over half of this year being overseas and any info on the progress of the following would be awesome

Hardingham (east freo)
Armfield (swan districts) - I've always thought he's good enough but i wont get my hopes up this year
Dennis-Lane (loved him last year)
Taylor (East Freo)

Cheers guys

I'd like to hear BFTW and megdalons opinions on some of the wa boys attending state screening. I missed well over half of this year being overseas and any info on the progress of the following would be awesome

Hardingham (east freo)
Armfield (swan districts) - I've always thought he's good enough but i wont get my hopes up this year
Dennis-Lane (loved him last year)
Taylor (East Freo)

Cheers guys

Kyle Hardingham - has a huge vertical leap and a strong mark. Been playing as a forward pocket for East Freo seniors and has a bag nof 6 and a couple of 4s. Great kid who was not a standout in colts first year and really came to the fore when the state team was away last year and he got a go in ressies. Rookie listing if he doesn't get a straight draft.

Dennis Lane - I selected in Hodgey's mock draft. Rate him big time as agoal sneak. One of the true fprward pockets who kicks 3 goals with his only 3 possessions. St Kilda should swoop on him and Milne is a persistent failure under pressure.

Taylor: H will get drafted by Sydney. They are kicking themselves for not taking him last year. Tall KPP who will be an ideal CHB for them ready to play. Developed over the last 3 seasons from a gawky country buy into a refined, well proportioned player.

Armfield: If he doesn't get rookied at least then I give up. Consistently in the best players, midfielder ready to play seniors.

I agree with armfield too mate. I've been surprised every year he has been passed up.

Thanks for the update mate. I saw hardingham last week and thought he'd shown tremendous improvement from when I saw him last year.

State Screenings for WA (subject to change)

Hardingham Kyle East Fremantle
Hooker Cale East Fremantle
McRobb Keaton East Fremantle
Olds Nicholas East Fremantle
Taylor Harry East Fremantle
Sweet Aaron East Perth
Skinner Zaphine Claremont
Stevenson Lewis Claremont
Dennis-Lane Trent Subiaco
Martin Steve Subiaco
Armfield Dennis Swan Districts
Ellard David Swan Districts
Garlett Cody Swan Districts
Jetta Lewis Swan Districts
Lammie Wes Swan Districts
Pratt Luke Swan Districts
Smith Josh West Perth
Tedesco Matt West Perth

I agree with armfield too mate. I've been surprised every year he has been passed up.

When you consider that it took three screenings (from memory) before someone woke up that Priddis could be a possibility, and he was a consistently better WAFL player than Armfield and ran 15+ Beeps it wont surprise me if he isn't taken.

What About Joel Ohalloran From Subiaco I Keep Bring His Name Up Has Any Body Gto Any Thoughts Why A Leading Goalkicker Like Him Would Not Be Looked At

What About Joel Ohalloran From Subiaco I Keep Bring His Name Up Has Any Body Gto Any Thoughts Why A Leading Goalkicker Like Him Would Not Be Looked At

Was undisciplined as a colts player 17 -18yrs, to his credit has changed his attitude has turned himself into a very effective medium forward, good lead and very good under the ball, can take time to undo the damage

Draft Camp Invitees from Northern Knights:
M. Kreuzer, B. Meredith, T.Cotchin, P.Veszpremi, J.Grimes, D.Zaharakis

State Screenings:
Stanton, Bongetti and Power

Got any others??

Stanton unlucky to miss draft camp, 6 foot 3, atletic runs all day, recently tagging doing a great job. Probably hasn't played enough TAC due to school footy.

But you forget that players from below the line are elligable to play in many cases for Murray or Bendigo.
Yep, know that Weaver, was my original question possed. Should us, below the line, come south? or do we continue where we are and hope everything falls into place with a bit of luck.
Problem is you are gunna need more than a bit of luck.
Sorry to be a pest eastlakes, just want ALL players below the line to get the same chances that the guys above it get.

Yep, know that Weaver, was my original question possed. Should us, below the line, come south? or do we continue where we are and hope everything falls into place with a bit of luck.
Sorry to be a pest eastlakes, just want ALL players below the line to get the same chances that the guys above it get.
I think you're right in saying there is a 'blackspot' in NSW which covers a lot of the areas including and surrounding the ACT across to parts of the Riverina such as Wagga where those players cant play TAC Cup and can't be signed on scholarships. But I still think those players gain enough exposure that if they're good enough they'll be well tracked by AFL clubs.

And I suppose my gripe is that you don't make a corrupt system better by corrupting it more. I don't think it gets better by simply expanding the injustice to take in more blokes.

There might be a blackspot but there are blackspots in far-east Gippsland, northern Tassie, northern-WA, central-NT as well.

I think you're right in saying there is a 'blackspot' in NSW which covers a lot of the areas including and surrounding the ACT across to parts of the Riverina such as Wagga where those players cant play TAC Cup and can't be signed on scholarships. But I still think those players gain enough exposure that if they're good enough they'll be well tracked by AFL clubs.

Matthew Beckmans from the bushrangers is from Wagga and has played a fair bit of TAC this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I suppose my gripe is that you don't make a corrupt system better by corrupting it more. I don't think it gets better by simply expanding the injustice to take in more blokes.

There might be a blackspot but there are blackspots in far-east Gippsland, northern Tassie, northern-WA, central-NT as well.
Dont want to corrupt it more Weaver, easy to fix our blackspot, open up the whole state, state boundries have been around for a fair while now.
Problem for us is we can see the bright lights from our blackspot, 50 k's to the west , 85 k's to the north.

Matthew Beckmans from the bushrangers is from Wagga and has played a fair bit of TAC this year
Didn't realise that mate. Does he actually live there or does he board/go to school somewhere closer to the border?

If players from Wagga can play Bushrangers, why wouldnt a bloke like Suckling last year, who was rookied by the Hawks, have been on their list?

Didn't realise that mate. Does he actually live there or does he board/go to school somewhere closer to the border?

If players from Wagga can play Bushrangers, why wouldnt a bloke like Suckling last year, who was rookied by the Hawks, have been on their list?

Yer good question.. not sure why he wouldnt have been on the list. But im sure Matt lives there and has to do a LOT of traveling even just to get to training.. There would have been some huge trips for him this year.

Yer good question.. not sure why he wouldnt have been on the list. But im sure Matt lives there and has to do a LOT of traveling even just to get to training.. There would have been some huge trips for him this year.
Thats an amazing effort then. He's been playing alright lately as well. Sometimes I reckon we forget how much commitment and travel these blokes and their families from the country put in to playing in the TAC Cup. You only had to look at the game on the weekend at Ballarat and how long a day the Murray players and quite a few parents who went as well wouldve had.

Bendigo local news reported:

Tarrant & Selwood Draft camp.

Jayden Donaldson, Josh Gaylor and Toby Thoolen Vic Screen.

Hulld's man Grant Ford didn't get either which surprises me.

Bendigo local news reported:

Tarrant & Selwood Draft camp.

Jayden Donaldson, Josh Gaylor and Toby Thoolen Vic Screen.

Hulld's man Grant Ford didn't get either which surprises me.

I think Ford falls victom to the new age theory that small players wont make it.

Mathew Quinton - Northern Knights has just been invited to Vic screenings

Good to see. I dont mind him at all and i think he is well worth a punt for a side looking for defenders after the second round.

Mathew Quinton - Northern Knights has just been invited to Vic screenings

Good to see that Quinton aka The Twig has got the call-up. Had the privelige of playing with him this year and he could be a good prospect even though his frame is comparable to a stick insect. Has got height but is also athletic and has pretty good skills, also showed how intimidating he can be after being reported last week. What are other people's thoughts on this bloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Camp Invitees and State Screenings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back