Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I see similar.
Ashcroft, Lalor, Jagga, Draper and FOS, then a bit of a drop to Reid, Langford, Smillie etc.
Yeah I think Langford just sneaks into the top bracket or at least is start of the next rung

1. Ashcroft (lions)
2. Lalor (tigers)
3. FOS (north)
4. Jagga (blues)
5. Draper (crows)
6. Langford (dees)

Then the next pick/langford pick is where the next rung begins of Smillie, Tauru, Armstrong, Shanahan, Reid etc

Not true. There are different types of players in the draft, such as Sam Lalor, who is very different to Jagga Smith. If you have pick 2, you get to pick the type of player that you need more than another. For instance, Sam Lalor has alot more forward potential, and is more damaging on the scoreboard than Sam Draper is.

I know there are some differences in types, but from a quality perspective, it's not so pronounced a difference.

I'm more making a comment on North supporters desperate to split the pick but suggesting every one should bend over royally, so they get their wish. Kind of blurring who's in the buyers/sellers market position

No doubt the pick has huge value but the depth is so good this year, there just won't be silly overs on offer

I know there are some differences in types, but from a quality perspective, it's not so pronounced a difference.

I'm more making a comment on North supporters desperate to split the pick but suggesting every one should bend over royally, so they get their wish. Kind of blurring who's in the buyers/sellers market position

No doubt the pick has huge value but the depth is so good this year, there just won't be silly overs on offer
Desperate? My preference is to take Lalor of FOS. I think these two are the standouts.

It’s a slippery slope once you drop down the order. The cream is at the top. We saw that 1st hand when WCE dropped back missing Sheezel for Gibney and Hewett.

Who the hell is suggesting that?

It's the tone I'm feeling when looking around the boards.
Clearly if you went to the North board they/we probably want too much and then you go to Tigers board and they want to pay not much. Expect one of 3 things will happen, clubs will meet in middle, one supporter based will be pissed off, or nothin will happen. But no one knows, it's all just hoping and praying with a bit of banter thrown in. Good times IMO.

Clearly if you went to the North board they/we probably want too much and then you go to Tigers board and they want to pay not much. Expect one of 3 things will happen, clubs will meet in middle, one supporter based will be pissed off, or nothin will happen. But no one knows, it's all just hoping and praying with a bit of banter thrown in. Good times IMO.
Some of the suggestions - on both sides are really one sided. There is a good reason most have never been near a football club.

Some of the suggestions - on both sides are really one sided. There is a good reason most have never been near a football club.
Always the way though. You'd think both clubs, if they are keen to make it happen, will make it work for both of them.
They aren't miles away in ladder positions, in fact couldn't be closer could they? As others have said, it's not about the picks now it's about the players and who each team wants and can they be confident in getting who they want. So that kind of puts the onus on Richmond, a little, in that they can 100% guarantee they get who they want. But they might be 100% confident that "player 2" on their board gets to them at 6. It's great reading and hypothesising though.

It also depends on who the club is. Adelaide for instance only have two list spots, already have one of the youngest lists, and a FS also in that draft. For Adelaide it's way more valuable to have a high pick than to split it. Other teams that are in a earlier rebuild situation need more picks now to turn over their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has just turned into a general draft discussion thread..where are the rumours?

john travolta GIF

"It's not a super draft!" cry those without a pick until the 50s!

"The top end's not that good!" cry those who know they're trading out pick 2.

They tried that last week and couldn't get pick 13 for it.

Everyone wants in on this draft, hence future picks were going like Mars Bars on Halloween.

Who's going to give up a good pick for North's F1? No one in the top 10. Not Richmond at 11 (unless pick 2 is involved), West Coast at 12 or Port at 13. Freo didn't fight to get pick 14 so they could trade it. The Giants at 15/16 maybe, but with the number of players they've just lost, they need to bring talent in. Dogs at 17 won't. Then we're back to Richmond at 18 (see pick 11). Sydney has 19 but they're looking to trade up, not out. Tiges again at 20, GWS again at 21 - maybe they do it here.

Do North trade their F1 for 21? Giving them 2, 21, 62 and no future first? Is that better than trading 2 for say 6 & 20, giving them 6, 20, 62 and a future first? If they get the man they want at 6 anyway?

Smillie > Jagga

Regarding North either freo at 14 or gws at 15 would be my bet.

Everything about Freos commentary says to me they are taking Joe Berry. Mentioned they want to fill list holes this year and this would rule them out of the race for Bo Allan

They have been very clear about the needs they have for a small forward/HF to replace Walters. Berry gotta be that guy surely?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back