Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

So I can assume you think Hine would be making a shocking error in judgement too?
Masto's beef comes from him first lowballing McGovern's height, then aggressively arguing he was no good.

He has since been proven wrong and mocked mercilessly for it. Unfortunately he has now transfered those feelings onto the younger of the two.

All the talk seems to be that Goddard will go to GWS.

E Quayle reckons Collingwood have been linked to Cavka, which would be very much like them, as they apparently like to go with those who have performed well in big games (Sidebottom the best example), which Cavka certainly has.

Pick 30?

All the talk seems to be that Goddard will go to GWS.

E Quayle reckons Collingwood have been linked to Cavka, which would be very much like them, as they apparently like to go with those who have performed well in big games (Sidebottom the best example), which Cavka certainly has.

Quayle is spot on. Collingwood are super keen on Cavka at 30 from what I've heard.

Masto's beef comes from him first lowballing McGovern's height, then aggressively arguing he was no good.

He has since been proven wrong and mocked mercilessly for it. Unfortunately he has now transfered those feelings onto the younger of the two.

You've completely stuffed-up that post but I wouldn't expect any less from you. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quayle is spot on. Collingwood are super keen on Cavka at 30 from what I've heard.

I would be cartwheeling if things fell that way!

If appearances are everything we'll be going the taller mid/ flanker type at 5 (Laverde, De Goey or Langford) so Cavka at 30 on top of Moore compliments us perfectly.

Add an Anderson or McLean at 48 and I'm in heaven!

I would be cartwheeling if things fell that way!

If appearances are everything we'll be going the taller mid/ flanker type at 5 (Laverde, De Goey or Langford) so Cavka at 30 on top of Moore compliments us perfectly.

Add an Anderson or McLean at 48 and I'm in heaven!

Then would that Mean that Pies would the Wright over Leverde because of Type?

Then would that Mean that Pies would the Wright over Leverde because of Type?

From everything I've heard Collingwood has put a particular emphasis on skill, size and pace through the middle. If you've got a mix of those traits you're going to be high on our draft board.

Then you look at the way Cox and Moore are being talked up and I just don't think there's going to be a KPP picked live by Collingwood.

Who knows though it's mostly rumor and there's just as much chance we're throwing stuff out there as a smokescreen and our real goal is Wright at 5 and McKenzie at 30.

All told I just want to see us compliment our list with a bigger bodied mid/ flanker, outside run and a goalkicker. I don't care who they are just give me those 3 types and I'll be a happy man!

Given the presence of Grundy and Witts on the list (as well as White, lol), Wright seems a tad redudant for Collingwood IMO.

It's not a forgone conclusion that White will be on the list beyond the end of his contract (expires 2016) which would fit the time frame that you'd hope Wright would begin to hit his straps if we went that way. Though I do agree with you that on face value he would appear surplus to needs!

Never hurts to stockpile talls really. Young ones are often injured and are usually valuable at the trade table.

Agree - We could get Wright and then we could use 1 of those 3 to bring in a Young Gun Mid IF one comes up for Trade.

Depth is also something good to have

Given the presence of Grundy and Witts on the list (as well as White, lol), Wright seems a tad redudant for Collingwood IMO.
So a player you deem as a joke is better to have on a list than the second best tall in this years draft?

Makes sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back