Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Anderson (Inside Footy bloke) - Lions to take Longer and Greene. Tigers to take Docherty if Adams not there

Emma Quayle "convinced" Richmond will take Ellis at 15

Jay Clark - Tigers to take Shane Kersten at 15

Cool, so we get Docherty, Ellis and Kersten at 15:thumbsu:

You guys have done well.:thumbsu::p

WTF. The article states that GWS had concerns about fitting Setanta into their salary cap. Even allowing for Fat Phil and Jelena Scully's salary, how could this be possible. Surely you wouldn't front end the contracts of unproven draftees, regardless of how early they were picked.

Yeah that was the most striking part of the article for me too !!!!!! Guessing they have SERIOUSLY front-loaded Davis/Palmer/T. Scully/P. Scully/Ward contracts to free up as much room as possible to create room for the future. But even still, if they had concerns about Setanta's contract DURING trade week then there is no way in hell they would have been able to get any other senior player during the trade period ........

WTF. The article states that GWS had concerns about fitting Setanta into their salary cap. Even allowing for Fat Phil and Jelena Scully's salary, how could this be possible. Surely you wouldn't front end the contracts of unproven draftees, regardless of how early they were picked.

Folau is on a fair bit you'd imagine.

Yeah that was the most striking part of the article for me too !!!!!! Guessing they have SERIOUSLY front-loaded Davis/Palmer/T. Scully/P. Scully/Ward contracts to free up as much room as possible to create room for the future. But even still, if they had concerns about Setanta's contract DURING trade week then there is no way in hell they would have been able to get any other senior player during the trade period ........

They frontloaded the absolute living everything out of those contracts to clear cap space for Pendlebury next year.

I'm seeing 3.5 in cap space next year btw.

Folau's salary is completely off the cap, by the way, but thats OK because all the haters insisted he was useless.

Someone mentioned that of Scully's contract, up to a third of it is being paid this year. So that's a fair chunk of the salary cap right there. I'd imagine they did similar for the other uncontracted players they picked up.

Folau is on a fair bit you'd imagine.

Folau's outside the cap (same with Hunt) because of the non-AFL player signing system (available to all clubs). He'll be inside when he signs his second contract.

The magic of Gubby Allen..."nothing up my sleeve..watch the salary disappear"

Posturing from a contract remuneration POV. See just how badly Setanta wants to play AFL footy again. They have the upper hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posturing from a contract remuneration POV. See just how badly Setanta wants to play AFL footy again. They have the upper hand.

There are four categories of GWS players.

Good young kids. High-leadership veterans. Cheap roster padding. Paid lots in 2013.

Most of the team are in the "Good young kids" bracket. McDonald, Cornes, Power, Brogan fit the second. O'halpain fits the third.

No one is in the last category.

It never disappears - it just moves from when you dont need it, to when you do need it.

Speaking as both a GWS and Brisbane Lions fan, I'd say invert that saying when talking about Allen's managing nous.

It never disappears - it just moves from when you dont need it, to when you do need it.

Like when he was in charge at the Lions, it all moved from "the future" to "Fev's pocket" in the blink of the eye, then from "Brennan/Clark" back into the available salary cap the next 2 years after that (after they left due to little/no cash available).

THE GUY IS A GENIUS !!!!!!!!!

it seems the only excitement in this draft is;

Will Brisbane take Longer with first pick and

Will Kavanagh make it to Essendon at pick 19, the rest seem to be meer formalities?

Pick 6 is rather exciting for us. Many phantoms have Wingard going to Port but I don't think it will happen and if he's not there there are no 'certanties' that Port will pick.

So there is potential for a PA bigfootyboard meltdown later tonight!

Pick 6 is rather exciting for us. Many phantoms have Wingard going to Port but I don't think it will happen and if he's not there there are no 'certanties' that Port will pick.

So there is potential for a PA bigfootyboard meltdown later tonight!

Especially if you pick Devon Smith. I would LOL like crazy.

it seems the only excitement in this draft is;

Will Brisbane take Longer with first pick and

Will Kavanagh make it to Essendon at pick 19, the rest seem to be meer formalities?

Picks from 12-19 all seem up in the air at the moment. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I wouldnt have thought there are many formalities if any in this draft

However Emma Q is just about 100% Ellis will be a tiger at 15

Shes also certain it will be Docherty, than Crozier or Kerridge for the dogs depending who is available. Docherty may go to the lions at 12 and Crozier may get picked up at 13 or 14 to GWS

Depending on how many talls GWS take and when, several weird things could happen.

dont get your hopes up on talls, personally they should take longer but it appears they will take best available. dont worry about the smokescreen for pendlebury they'll be throwing bucket loads at Hurley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back