Centre: Swan, Kornes, Judd, J.Selwood, Hasleby, Rich
Robinson, Swift
Ruck: Cox, Ottens
Jacobs, Spencer
Forwards: Pavlich, Didak, B.Harvey, N.G Brown, Lucas, Ziebell, Gumbleton
M.Brown, J.Grant

Advice and thoughts welcome

Okay so after heaps of tinkering team now looks like this:

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Waite, McPhee, Malceski, Raines, Grimes (Hill, Petrenko)

Mids: Corey, Swan, Gibbs, T. Tuck, Rich, Ziebell (Robinson, Beams)

Rucks: Cox, Petrie (Graham, Spencer)

Forwards: Deledio, Didak, Giansiracusa, Sylvia, Higgins, Skipworth, Walker (Gumbleton, M. Brown)

Ive gone for a few cheaper options down back this time round, which allowed me to get Corey in the side. I wanted another genuine captain option, and should score well considering who the Cats play early on.

A lot rides on Waite, McPhee and Malceski, but if they can score well enough to be keepers (85+) this team should do well.

4 rookies in your starting 22 and Travis Tuck who will probably find it hard when Lewis, Ellis, Hodge, Dew etc are back. Petrie is fairly unique, but I think he could be a good option, but it depends where they play him.

I think Tucky is in for good. Theres a few spots up for grabs considering Crawfs retirement and the injuries we have. For mine he is better than Ladson, so im hoping he keeps his spot.

How confident are you of rance cracking the tigers best 22? Some of us have doubts about raines, let alone a draftee like rance. So maybe rethink either the name of that player (ie rance) or your structure (shift hill onto bench). I would consider putting hill on bench if you are playing drummond.
Backline i feel pretty good about, i had a look at a few other potential players other than raines but didnt feel they belonged on my team, J.Smith was the obvious replacement in my books but ive had him before and didnt want to risk it again

Corey is a bit of a unique pick really. If people are going big, most are picking ablett or bartel. Pendlebury i like, and simpson could be a good pick and has shown a fair bit in NAB. As for foley, he has dominated NAB as he hasn’t had much of a tag – this wont happen in season proper. In third quarter of round one, he had 15 possessions at 87% which showed exactly why he will always get attention. I think he is underpriced, but probably only by 10ppg. In that price range, this is ok, but id be hoping for 15 at least. Not picking rich is interesting, but you obviously have your reasons.
Went the extra 10k and grabbed ablett rather than corey, i suppose if i was going to spend that amount i could justify it. Corey had been a proven scorer for me, and i could have used the 10k elsewhere. Traded foley out for D.Jackson, (After downtrading, B.Harvey for Davis then later to R.Murphey) I didnt like any other player in the +-30k price range bearing in mind i had up to 355k. Added rich although i havent liked his form to date, if polkinghorne continues to play for 10k more i will consider upgrading to him.

Forwards i think are a little too top heavy with 4 true premiums. Downgrade one to either davis/brennan/Sylvia type player or even further to some lick jack riewoldt. With the forwards, you reserves and 7th FW are poor. Considering that yarren, ziebell, grant, walker, Hogan all there too.
While gumby should get games, i don’t think he is the best pick out of that lot. Thompson has shown something, but still needs to get elevated, so don’t lock him in till then. Simpson going to get games??? I would say switch ziebell to the FWs and put another mid in like rich, otten, robinson, but thats just me.
Sorry i typed it wrong, i actually have hogan rather than simpson, changed thompson to ziebell, and kept gumbleton.

Team now looks as follows

Backs
S. Fisher, Goddard, Lockyer, Drummond, Houlihan, Raines, Hill E. Suban, Rance

Midfield:
Ablett, Pentlebury, Gibbs, K. Simpons, D.Jackson, Rich (Polkinghorne) E. Beams, Swift

Rucks:
Hille, Fraser E. Currie, Spencer

Forwards:
Richardson, Didak, Gia, Murphey, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell E. Hogan, Gumbleton

Hey, im new to dream team, and want some oppinons on my team

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Shaw, Birchall, Malceski, Hill, Hurley
Petrenko, Rance
Centre: Swan, Kornes, Judd, J.Selwood, Hasleby, Rich
Robinson, Swift
Ruck: Cox, Ottens
Jacobs, Spencer
Forwards: Pavlich, Didak, B.Harvey, N.G Brown, Lucas, Ziebell, Gumbleton
M.Brown, J.Grant

Advice and thoughts welcome
Good team, the only thing i would change is to find an alternative to hurley, he is a key position back which means very little points. Depending how much money you have in the bank you could trade him to raines

Corey is a bit of a unique pick really. If people are going big, most are picking ablett or bartel.

All the more reason to jump on Corey :) Ablett is a star, but he can have low scoring games, 76 and 64 against freo, 78 against crows. Bartel struggles against Port (75 and 73 well down on his numbers) 85 against freo. Corey looks more consistent against more sides. Had a 71 against Sydney and a 71 against west coast but much more even numbers. Corey is more chance to hold his value i think. Bartel and Ablett will be cheaper later on.

Backs: Chornes, Shaw, Lockyer, Houlihan, C Dempsey, Malceski (Or Drummond - so tempting), Adcock, Hill and ???

MIDS: Swan, Goodes, Gibbs, Pearce, Rich, Butler (Beams and Swift)

Forwards: Pavlich, J Brown, T Cloke, Aaron Davey, Lucas, Higgins, Skipworth (Ziebell & Ballantyne)

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh (Currie and Meesen)

Obvious shortcomings in the forward line. Have a few gut feelings on Pearce, Dempsey and Davey

I don't see Travis Tuck in many teams. Doesn't anyone think he's put in enough this pre-season to warrent a regular spot in the Hawks? They do have a few injury worries. He has been playin well in the NAB, i know it's not exactly the top grade but he has been more than holding his own out there. Potential cash cow or keeper?!

Still learning this game and have changed my team radically every week since fanplanner opened, but here's the latest:

BACKS: Goddard, McMahon, Bock, Lockyer, Malceski, J.W. Smith, Raines (Hill, Suban)

MIDS: Swan, S. Tuck, Gibbs, Hasleby, Coughlan, Rich (Beams, Meyer)

RUCKS: Cox, McIntosh (Leuenberger, Graham)

FORWARDS: Deledio, Harvey, Giansiracusa, Aaron Davey, Higgins, Skipworth, Gumbleton (Ziebell, Gartlett)

The big problems I can see myself are A) too many Tigers and B) no Geelong mids, but there are also quite a few outsiders to worry about in there. Coughlan is only a place-holder at this stage. If he isn't named for Round 1, I'm replacing him with someone who is.

But anyway - any comments/advice welcome.

I don't see Travis Tuck in many teams. Doesn't anyone think he's put in enough this pre-season to warrent a regular spot in the Hawks? They do have a few injury worries. He has been playin well in the NAB, i know it's not exactly the top grade but he has been more than holding his own out there. Potential cash cow or keeper?!

I think he is a cow, I have him in instead of the Haze. I think he will play a big role early in the season (with inj) and hopefully will push up to 380K leading a quick upgrade to a falling premium by the time he is out of the best 22 if it happens.

Yeah thats pretty much my view on him too. He could play 22 games this year, but he isnt a keeper in my mind.

What do you guys think???

BAcks:

Fisher
Goddard
Cornew
Drummond
Houlihan
Raines
Hill
Emerg: Suban, Kite

Mids

Bartel
Ablett
Gibbs
Masten
Skipworth
Rich
Emerg: Robinson, Swift

Rucks

Cox
Mcintosh
Emerg Currie, 86000

Pavlich,
Delidio
Didak
Giansiracussa
Higgins
Ziebell
Ballantyne

Emerg:

Gumbleton
Grant

Obviously my forward cheapoes will rotate into the 6th and 7th spots depending who's [playing and in form...

Still have 60grand to spend nto sure where to put it though..

Any thoughts???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you guys think???

BAcks:

Fisher
Goddard
Cornew
Drummond
Houlihan
Raines
Hill
Emerg: Suban, Kite

Any thoughts???

Your backline worries me somewhat. Fisher, Goddard and Cornes are good, however, Drummond, Houlihan, Raines and Hill come with a fair amount of risk and the backline should be a position where if possible you should minimze the risk at all cost.

So with that said I would probably drop Bartel for now, and pick someone like Knights @ 369k, Pendlebury @ 389k or Tuck @ 276k and put that huge amount of cash into upgrading one of two of the iffy defenders.

I would also look at possibly playing Haselby or any of the 3 mids I mentioned above instead of Masten.

BACKS
Goddard. Cornes. Fletcher. Nicoski. Grimes. Houlihan. Malceski.
(Hill. Rance.)

MIDDLE
Corey. Kerr. Gybbs. Foley. Tuck. Hasleby.
(Rich. Beams.)

RUCKS
Cox. Kruezer.
(Cordy. Graham.)

FORWARDS
Delidio. Didak. Roughead. Skipworth. Higgins. Gamble. Ziebell.
(Ballantyne. Walker.)

Thoughts appriciated.
Cheers.

Backs
Fisher
Goddard
Scotland
Cornes
Houlihan
Raines
Hill
(Petrenko, Suban)

Mids
Ablett
Kornes
Gibbs
Masten
Hasleby
Rich
(Robinson, Swift)

Rucks
Cox
McIntosh
(Currie, Tippet)

Forwards
Richo
Delido
Didak
Vespremi
Higgins
Skipworth
Yarran
(Ziebell, Gumbleton)

What u rekon

what do people think of this squad

Backs - Fisher, Goddard, Newman, Conres , Mundy, Raines, Hill, Post, Pearce
Mids - Bartel, Gibbs, K. Cornes, Haselby, Sidebottom, Rich, Robinson, Davenport
Ruck - Cox, Mcintosh, Currie, Graham
Forwards - Deledio, Pav, J Brown, Richo , Skipworth, Higgins, Ziebell, Grant, Gumbleton

Please rate out of 10. or suggest improvements

What do you guys think? Any duds here?

B: C Cornes, B Houli, Malceski, m Rooke, G Urqhart, Petterd, A Raines, j grimes N Suban
M: Bartel, Abblett, J corey, J selwood, B Gibbs, Hasleby, D Rich, Liam Anthony
R: D Cox M kreuzer, J Spencer Jtippett
F: Richo, Giansiracusa, J Riewoldt, Veszpremi, N Krakouer, J Ziebell, Sidebottom, Mitch brown and i still need 1 more cheap player.

What do you guys think? Any duds here?

B: C Cornes, B Houli, Malceski, m Rooke, G Urqhart, Petterd, A Raines, j grimes N Suban
M: Bartel, Abblett, J corey, J selwood, B Gibbs, Hasleby, D Rich, Liam Anthony
R: D Cox M kreuzer, J Spencer Jtippett
F: Richo, Giansiracusa, J Riewoldt, Veszpremi, N Krakouer, J Ziebell, Sidebottom, Mitch brown and i still need 1 more cheap player.

IMO downgrade either 1 or 2 of ablett, bartel and corey and make your backline and forward line stronger. :thumbsu:

S Fisher H Shaw Lockyer Birchell Malcheski Raines S Hill (Rance Dawson)
Ablett Swan Gibbs J McVeigh T Tuck Rich (Robinson Meyer)
Hille Petrie (Trengrove Jacobs)
Deledio Franklin Harvey J Riewoldt Skipworth Higgins Ziebell (Heyne Nahas)

any thoughts?

Hey guys what do u think is the better backline option

Fisher Goddard Scotland Cornes Houlihan Raines Hill (Suban, Petrenko)

OR

Fisher Goddard Cornes Malceski Houlihan Raines Grimes (Hill, Petrenko)

I know it looks obvious but consider the security of a more solid bench and more cash cows

Thoughts

Latest team:

B-Goddard,Cornes,Gilbee,Adcock,Mundy,Malceski,Hill
Rance,Cheney

M-Ablett,Cornes,Cross,Cotchin,Hasleby,Rich
Davenport,Robinson

R-Cox,Charman,Meesen,Currie

F-Harvey,Didak,Murphy,Lucas,Vezpremi,Higgins,Ziebell
M Brown,Gumbleton

Thoughts?

Latest team:

B-Goddard,Cornes,Gilbee,Adcock,Mundy,Malceski,Hill
Rance,Cheney

M-Ablett,Cornes,Cross,Cotchin,Hasleby,Rich
Davenport,Robinson

R-Cox,Charman,Meesen,Currie

F-Harvey,Didak,Murphy,Lucas,Vezpremi,Higgins,Ziebell
M Brown,Gumbleton

Thoughts?

Gilbee IMO is too inconsistant, gets scored of 40, 50 and 60 too often to justify sending that much. Cotchin is injured so a big risk, although still a risk, i would swap him for Ward, get about 120 000 extra and invest in Hodge with around 20000 to burn.

Latest team:
Goddard, Chornes, Birchall, Malceski (possible late season upgrade), Houlihan (possible late season upgrade), Raines, Grimes Hill, Suban
Corey, Kornes, Selwood, Gibbs Haselby, Butler Rich, Robinson
Cox, Ottens Currie, Spencer
Deledio, Giansiracusa, Brennan Higgins, Skipworth, Yarran, Ziebell Two of Wade Thompson, Mitch Brown and Gumby

Thoughts? And before anyone says "Your forward line is too weak, save some money in the midfield" earlier today I had Pavlich instead of Yarran and Beams instead of Selwood. I prefer it this way and I'm not changing it. But any other thoughts are appreciated.

What about starting ziebell in the mids and finding a suitable replacement for butler in the forwards?? saves you starting two rookies in the one position. ie you then have 6 options for your two positions on the ground rather than 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back